The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    sonofzeus wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

Ummm Probably cause it aint broken !!!!

It is broken, Mist Form is supposed to be as fast as Bolt Escape, It isn't. Therefor, Bolt Escape needs a nerf or Mist Form needs a fix. The devs will chose Bolt Escape before they focus on Mist Form again.

This is not a Bolt Escape thread, but if it was, then on that note, make the sorc self heal not require a stand still cast and then nerf Bolt Escape all you want, we won't mind
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Here is what it says in the _first paragraph_ of the _first post_: We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now
    Highlights - in other words - there WILL be more stuff in the patch.
    Geeez, can NOBODY read anymore???

Highlight:-

Noun.

an outstanding part of an event or period of time.
    "he views that season as the highlight of his career"
    synonyms: high point, high spot, best part, climax, culmination, peak, pinnacle, height, top, acme, zenith, apex, summit, apogee, apotheosis, crowning moment, high water mark, most memorable part, most outstanding feature

If those patch notes are the "highlights" then people are right to be worried. I think you need to work on reading comprehension as you clearly don't understand what a highlight is.

There will be more stuff, but it will likely be less useful fixes.

Carry on being a smarmy smartarse though.
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

@Amesiel‌

Were you expecting them to increase the damage?

Hopefully next patch.

You're right that its probably under performing.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

REALLY REALLY think there should only be a CD on the move, not a GCD. But I'll cross my fingers and hope that the "adjustments" improve things :)

In patch 1.1.2 they added a GCD after using the jabs. That is why Templar Tanks where unusable/useless. In this patch, they are reducing the GCD back to before patch 1.1.2.

Jessica would have called it an "ICD" if zenmax developers didn't accidentally make it a GCD.
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭

Your concern is misplaced, Bolt Escape is not buggy. But many other things are.
    Let them fix the bugs, and see what happens with balance afterwards.

Mist Form is supposed to be Equal in speed/distance to Bolt Escape, it's not. Bolt Escape needs a nerf for the same reason Mist Form got a nerf: It's too fast.
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Zaxq wrote: »
    Axewaffle wrote: »
    McDoogs wrote: »
    Cool until you find out veil of blades scales off of spell crit lol

Which is a good thing, since all viable dps builds for nighblades use spell crit anyway.. This patch is frigging massive for nightblade dps, Im predicting 20% dps increases or more coupled with the boost we get to spellcrit/power potions!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]

Except I'm not, if you can do viable dps as a stam nb you aren't playing the same game as everyone else.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 31, 2014 4:21PM
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

What is this garbage? A global cooldown AND increased resource cost? This is NOT what we were promised.

Time to say goodbye to the rest of your Templar subs.

Glad NBs got some love though.

In patch 1.1.2 Templar's got a GCD instead of a ICD after using jabs. This new update that is coming out is fixing Templar's back to before patch 1.1.2, and they are getting a BS resource cost, that isn't necessary.
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    disappointing.
    So many things out of the radar.
    No on-going balancing to the classes, skills, attributes and many other game mechanics.
    Only tiny fixes.

I'm sure that you're all talented people devoted to the game success. But you probably encounter major problems that you can't share with us...
    Edited by grizzbi on May 31, 2014 4:10PM
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why no word on boosting Templar and NB to ALSO be able to solo Craglorn 12 man dungeon??

Is this supposed to be an exclusive feature for the DK and Sorc? While NB and Templar are shafted??

Else you need to hit Sorc and DK so hard with the NERF bat, they will no longer be able to do anything without NB and Templar ever again.

But hey, lets nerf the Templar instead, increase the magicka cost of Biting Jabs...
    Edited by Phantorang on May 31, 2014 4:18PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Patches" are always welcome...but the patient needs surgery :'(

With so many problems in gameplay so many bugs, lags, spikes, freezes, wrong nerfs or buffs etc...... why dont you pull back the game in BETA stage again and "refund" us later with the a fixed release?
    Dont get me wrong...for me the is best MMO ever played and i loved it... but far too many issues
    Yes its a huge game and we expected bugs but together with so many other serious problems? You shouldnt even release in the first place and especially for EU
    Almost all my team mates already quit ...the rest will when the (pre)payed time is due...And craglorn wasnt or isnt their main concern....they didnt even get there....
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Why no word on boosting Templar and NB to ALSO be able to solo Craglorn 12 man dungeon??

Is this supposed to be an exclusive feature for the DK and Sorc? While NB and Templar are shafted??

Else you need to hit Sorc and DK so hard with the NERF bat, they will no longer be able to do anything without NB and Templar ever again.

But hey, lets nerf the Templar instead, increase the magicka cost of Biting Jabs...

Cant nerf Sorcs and DKs anymore. 75% of the playerbase are either playing them or re-rolling to them.

The remaining 25% are happy soloing stuff casually or havent gotten around to thinking of a DK alt name.
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gonna be so made if they buffed path of darkness by like 5dps. The thing needs to be doubled at minimum.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Players - "Communicate with us more! We just want to know what's going on!"...."Don't wait to make all the fixes at once, roll out what you can as soon as its ready!"....."Why do devs always overdo changes and swing from one extreme to another! Make small changes!"

Devs - "Here's an early look at some of the changes and fixes we've got coming up next week!"

ESO Players - "Waaaahhhhhh, why isn't <my personal issue> being fixed naoh!!!!"....."You guys suck, these changes are no where near enough!!"......"My entire character is totally unplayable because you changed one skill and I cannot even kill a single wolf 5 level below me now!!" (templers, looking at you here)...."OMG, is this all!! Its been like 3 months since 1.1.2 came out, what are you guys doing!!!!"

Sorry @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ :( some of us really do appreciate the hard work you are all doing there
    Edited by SootyTX on May 31, 2014 4:34PM
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.

They nerfed mist form because only sorcs should have the ability to escape any situation no matter what.
    Edited by Axewaffle on May 31, 2014 4:35PM
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

Why dont you, with your 50% crit chance use Critical Surge, and get 50% of all the Crit damage you do back in Healing? Whats stopping you, really? Its the best, fastest and most effective healing in the game,AND do ALOT of damage while you heal up?

Should be nerfed to 5%, and Bolt Escape should be usable once a minute or something, its bad that one class has a 100% escape, give it to everyone via Mage Guild.
    Edited by Phantorang on May 31, 2014 4:39PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar

What is this garbage? A global cooldown AND increased resource cost? This is NOT what we were promised.

Time to say goodbye to the rest of your Templar subs.

Glad NBs got some love though.

This is what happens when You don't clarify your mistakes in the patch notes.

Now I'm starting to think it wasn't a mistake, and just an omission.

I'm about fed up with this game. I'm thinking about switching to Wild Star, but I'll wait till Monday to confirm my fears about Biting Jabs.

Jessica said in the 1.1.2 patch notes: We increased the INTERNAL cooldown to 1.2 seconds. She did not mention they also increased the GLOBAL cooldown. That was completely omitted. Now they are saying they are going to just reduce the GLOBAL cooldown, that they never even acknowledged they added. Therefore, we can only assume they are leaving the INTERNAL one at 1.2 seconds if we take what Jessica reported literally, and taking things literally in patch notes is usually the best policy from my experience.

Basically we will not be able to spam the ability like before AND in addition it will cost more Magicka. Not exactly reverted as promised.

I think it's very discouraging and dishonest when Developers pull these kinds of word games off in the patch notes, I've seen it in other MMO's and that never ended well.

If I'm right and this is actually what is going to happen on Monday. Guess we won't know until then.

"Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Does anyone recall Puncturing strikes having a "GLOBAL" cooldown before? If it did, it must have been pretty minute, because I never got locked out of all my other skills when using it prior to this latest patch.

No it didnt.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    InstantDnB wrote: »
    Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

Thank you :)

My advice - Always wait until you see what they've actually done to thank them from now on. I've lost trust after this, and I'm tired of the word games. This whole situation was handled very poorly.
    Edited by Mortosk on May 31, 2014 5:14PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Templar
    This seems to be already fixed on the EU server (stealth fix during Friday Downtime). Chances are they are fixing it during Saturday downtime on NA server right now.

All I can say is: Right now, there is no delay between consecutive uses of Puncturing Strike or any of it's morphs on the EU megaserver. It still has a rather long animation/channeleing time, but follow up abilities fire normally from there.

I'm guessing it's a lot longer than 1.1 seconds.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werewolf still beyond broken
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• rickkoning26
    rickkoning26
    Soul Shriven
    Please make the bashing speed and damage as it was in the begining I keep dying all the time..

Rick,
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's it? Let's just say I'm underwhelmed. I was so hoping for a fix for "The Endless War" quest so I can collect those stupid seeds and finally move on to defeating Molag Bal. I really feel like I'm stuck in Oblivion.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    Templar

REALLY REALLY think there should only be a CD on the move, not a GCD. But I'll cross my fingers and hope that the "adjustments" improve things :)

Why ?
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    that's cool...you'll be patching the game while I'm playing Wildstar

If they don't get off their asses within the next month, I'm gonna unsub and go to Wildstar or back to GW2, at least those games have devs and customer support teams that pay attention to their player base

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Language]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA, i played GW2 on launch, and it was the same as this... And believe me, Wildstar will have also problems
  • Beretic
    Beretic
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only Nightblade who thinks the potion effectivness skill from the siphoning skill tree is utterly useless? 30% max is quite bs. 1st point should be 25% Second should be 50%. Only then would it make that 2 point sinkhole worth investing in.

Even then, Whats the point when other class passives are way better than NB. Not much thought into this redheaded stepchild of a class.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plan to rollback NPC guards in Cyrodiil or they remain hardest enemy in what suppose to be player vs player area?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/103382/npc-guards-after-patch-need-rollback?new=1
  • Utildai
    Utildai
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny to see how everyone expects them to fix everything in one patch....
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Relyk04 wrote: »
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.
    What i do if that happens to me is double tap to roll and you will get out of it or wait for it to cancel out.
    Dunmer Master Race
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the balance changes that make templars and nightblades desired classes? I'm sick of see "LFM Sorc and DK only"
    End the tedious inventory management game.