Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OldSmeller wrote: »
    So.... still no fix for the numerous exploits being used in alliance pvp?
    All you need to be emp is an alt account. Why are there no DR for killing the same person over and over?

Matt Firor is why he was a mediocre designer, poor programmer and lacks creativity and now the jury is returning on his ability to direct and it doesn't look good.
    Options
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to imagine Matt or anyone on his team playing this game day to day, and not seeing the truly astonishing number of bugs with quests, combat, and skills.

Or put another way: I'm reasonably sure Matt isn't actually playing ESO; if he was, those bugs would be fixed, because he has the power to get them fixed.
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AvdP85 wrote: »
    I still wonder WHY there had to be an online Elder Scrolls and not just another chapter in the series. Or why they did not extend the release date to fix the major problems...

If this was a normal ES game youd have multiple fixes for every single bug as well as several rebalance mods available from nexusmods.com by now ;)

Could it be they approached making ESO like every other ES release, not realizing that this time fans would not fix the game for them? :P

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 1, 2014 3:34PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hope that the Forward camp bug is fixed with this patch by the time official notes roll out.

At the same time, increase the respawn cap on them. They are really expensive for 20 respawns imo. Too many people are too cheap to buy them probably for that reason (and they keep bugging)
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 1, 2014 3:37PM
    Options
  • rebellisb16_ESO
    Question:
    Will you also fix all the remaining broken veteran quests? I have plenty of them - blocking my very own progress throughout the game. k thx bye

What about the difficulty of veteran zones? I often enough get hit from some wisp trucks and such stuff? Any changes?
    Options
  • Mykah
    Mykah
    ✭✭✭
    20 Mage Mercs spawned by one player?

Talons being un-blockable?

Standard of Might still OP?

Bolt Escape still spammable 10+ times?

Critical Surge is still the best healing in game while also buffing damage?

Overload still giving 15 ability slots to sorcs?

Root still prevents free look for players?

Block still negating CC from behind?

Come on guys...
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relyk04 wrote: »
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.

Try shift. It doesn't always work but it usually does.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, "encouraged" to use DX11 unless you're on XP.

Wouldn't matter to me regardless because my video card doesn't support DX11...
    Options
  • Bler
    Bler
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see something is being done about the Alliance War bugs; especially the lag.
    Edited by Bler on June 1, 2014 6:58PM
    My Character:

Priso: VR12 High Elf Sorcerer. Guildmaster of the Blood Knights of Sithis.

My Guild:

The Blood Knights of Sithis is a 170+ man Vamp PVP guild that does it's PVPing in Wabbajack. PM me in-game or on the forums for an invite! All vamps are welcome!
    Options
  • ColeMarie86
    ColeMarie86
    Soul Shriven
    [*] Graphics: We have implemented a fix for those who could not see ghosts when using DX9 after patch 1.1.2. However, we encourage you to use DX11 unless playing on Windows XP.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom You're just masking the underlying technical problem now. My husband and I run our game on a fully updated Windows 7 computer with a powerful video card. I ran DXDiag on our computer when you posted this because it made me think we were using an outdated DX9 instead of DX11. We are not. Our computer runs DX11. Our user settings on your game post-Craglorn-patch are forcing DX9, which we DO NOT have installed. To say that you patched for client side DX9 users to see ghosts doesn't solve the true problem, which is that post-patch, the game is logging the wrong DX version. That's something you guys changed. We'd rather our game was properly reading as us having DX11 installed. Fix that instead.

Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reduced Global cooldown on Biting Jabs? WTF??? Wasnt the whole Global Cooldown an unintended thing??
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Mykah wrote: »

Come on guys...

Just to name a few...

Major issues still not being looked at :-(
    Options
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Reduced Global cooldown on Biting Jabs? WTF??? Wasnt the whole Global Cooldown an unintended thing??

The whole nerf on this skill line was garbage and messed up, not needed, should have been at the bottom of the list of things to change...
    Options
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Tendeep wrote: »
    The whole nerf on this skill line was garbage and messed up, not needed, should have been at the bottom of the list of things to change...

Even worse, the whole nerf was simply some desperate move to deal with bots. But the bots and cheaters always win when the client manages everything...
    Options
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Very underwhelming "fixes" to Nightblades.
    2 changes to skills noone uses, and wont use after patch either.
    1 crit change to a ultimate that is very situational.

No changes to the lack of melee DPS, survivability, resource management, skill revamping or armorbalancing.
    Options
  • Capadillo
    Capadillo
    Soul Shriven
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    Very underwhelming "fixes" to Nightblades.
    2 changes to skills noone uses, and wont use after patch either.
    1 crit change to a ultimate that is very situational.

No changes to the lack of melee DPS, survivability, resource management, skill revamping or armorbalancing.

Catalyst is extremely useful, and if you're not using it in conjunction with your potions, you're missing out on a very good mechanic.

Path of Darkness needs a HUGE buff for it to become viable, even as a support ability it is weak. I hope they buff it enough so that we DO use it.

Veil of Blades is one of our best Ultimates and can be used more then what you think. The damage reduction to our allies alone makes it an ability that you should be putting down as much as possible. Adding the ability to crit is just a bonus.

For your last comment, re-read the first two paragraphs of the OP.
    Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

@Amesiel‌

Were you expecting them to increase the damage?

Hopefully next patch.

You're right that its probably under performing.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.

So wear Heavy Armor if you feel Light Armor is so bad! Just a FYI, every class has just as much use of Light armor as Sorcerer, if you dont like it, then use something else.

Sorcs are not more squishy than any other class, infact Sorc and DKs are the only classes that can solo VR Dolmens and Craglorn.

Sorc dont need to stand still for 4 secs to heal, Your most effective heal is actually when you dish out hardcore AoE crit damage and recieve 50% of the crit damage back in healing, lol! Thats insanely overpowered.

If I were a sorc, I would choose my battles more wisely, cuz Bolt Escape isnt the only ability to be nerfed, Critical Surge is also in for a huge hit with the Nerf Bat!
    Edited by Phantorang on June 1, 2014 11:52PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Veil is only good for multiple targets. Theres much better ultis for ST.

I rather see they fix skills players actually use instead of trying to force us to use rejected skills.
    We only have 2x5 hotbar slots we can use. We already have our preferance.

Pretty much ALL NB skills needs huge DPS increases.
    Melee ST DPS is very weak as it is, so thats were their main priority should be.

Theres so many skills in Nb class skill lines that has no synergy with the Nb overall.

Only a thing like Suprise attack/Concealed doing less damage then 2h charged attack, and only a little bit more then Ambush is severly wacked.
    Sup/Conc should definatly be the hardest hitting skill from stealth.
    It is our "backstab" and should do damage accordingly.
    Options
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

@Amesiel‌

Were you expecting them to increase the damage?

Hopefully next patch.

You're right that its probably under performing.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.

Why dont you, with your 50% crit chance use Critical Surge, and get 50% of all the Crit damage you do back in Healing? Whats stopping you, really? Its the best, fastest and most effective healing in the game,AND do ALOT of damage while you heal up?

Should be nerfed to 5%, and Bolt Escape should be usable once a minute or something, its bad that one class has a 100% escape, give it to everyone via Mage Guild.

I am sorry but Pmsl clearly someone got beat by a sorc slight changes might be needed but your suggestions are just ridiculous
    Options
  • Blackout_STi
    I'm running DirectX 11 and the ghosties are transparent to me. These notes say that it will be fixing the transparency issues for those of us with DirectX 9. So this patch won't fix this issue for me? Note: I'm running AMD GPU w/ latest stable drivers.
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such amazing Templar fixes, truly.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow as a NB Im not particularly excited about the patch...

I'll bet you won't be happy until you're unkillable.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
    Options
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    This upcoming patch is an joke. They are informed about tons of bugs etc. but nothing will happen?
    Stupidity or real unknowing programmers? I bet on both.
    Edited by Atreidus on June 2, 2014 2:06AM
    Options
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    cfurlin wrote: »

Have you even played a Nightblade? We're ridiculously weaker than every other class in the game, and some of our abilities don't work at all. We don't want to be unkillable, we just want to be on par.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on guys...

Agree with all except standard. -DK

The problem is its one of the few ultimates in the game that are actually ultimate. I bet I can come up with upgrades to every other Ultimate save magma armor, bat swarm, and soul strike, and a select few others that aren't meant for damage, to make them actual ultimates, except cry nerf over a select few.

And I did, put it in a separate discussion.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 2, 2014 4:58AM
    Options
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Combat unresponsiveness, input lag is main problem ESO has. I am NB and I use weapon switch a lot.. Oh never mind I wanna use it a lot
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? What would you like to bet? Your magical omniscience?

Personally, I wont be happy until a few NB playstyles outside of robed staffwielders are not only somewhat viable but competitive. In fact, Id love to see that for all classes, not just NBs.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 2, 2014 5:09AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭

Come on guys...

You pretty much hit on the most critical issues that need to be balanced for PvP.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you even played a Nightblade? We're ridiculously weaker than every other class in the game, and some of our abilities don't work at all. We don't want to be unkillable, we just want to be on par.

You better believe once they "fix" their skills, they will still complain if someone ever manages to kill them. And will remain unhappy until most of their skills are sure-fire 1-shots from stealth.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 2, 2014 5:34AM
    Options
  • Truno
    Truno
    ✭✭
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    Veil is only good for multiple targets. Theres much better ultis for ST.

I rather see they fix skills players actually use instead of trying to force us to use rejected skills.
    We only have 2x5 hotbar slots we can use. We already have our preferance.

Pretty much ALL NB skills needs huge DPS increases.
    Melee ST DPS is very weak as it is, so thats were their main priority should be.

Theres so many skills in Nb class skill lines that has no synergy with the Nb overall.

Only a thing like Suprise attack/Concealed doing less damage then 2h charged attack, and only a little bit more then Ambush is severly wacked.
    Sup/Conc should definatly be the hardest hitting skill from stealth.
    It is our "backstab" and should do damage accordingly.

Veil is good for any amount. If 1v1ing anyone especially a melee opponent it prevents then from coming in so you can just range them down while you take zero damage. It is actually one of the best ultimates imo. Surprise attack is fine it does decent damage and you can stun lock them.some nb skills definately need work but the biggest problem is stamina based melee builds and their damage output.

Options