The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    That's it?

Actually no, that's not it. Which the OP clearly states.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

@Amesiel‌

Were you expecting them to increase the damage?

Hopefully next patch.

You're right that its probably under performing.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.

lol as if EVERYONE isnt wearing light armour already. and if bolt was only possible to cast once to get you out a spot it wouldnt be so bad but the fact you can spam several and get right out the way of anyone having even a slight chance to catch you. or worse yet use it to get into impulse spam range . spam a few impulse then bolt bolt bolt back to safety... thats the problem.

its too cheap has no cooldown means its OP.

• Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    How about fixing the spell resist glitch you created with 1.1.2? I'd call that a priority......try not to break anything else when you "fix" things.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    No Templar love? Time bomb just ticking away,
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

No, he is hopping for a nerf. The move is supposed to be equal in distance/speed with Mist Form. (As noted by the patch note that addressed the Mist Form nerf). Bolt Escape is still faster. Therefor it needs a nerf or Mist Form needs to be resorted. Since Zenmax nerffed Mist Form for a reason they will have to nerf Bolt Escape for the same reason: It's too fast.

No, mist form was nerfed because it gave everyone the ability to escape combat, so classes like DKs and Templars that had easy self heals and NB with their in-combat stealth which usually didn't need to escape combat, could very easily do so. Like I said, try playing with full light armor and a heal that requires you to stand still for 4 seconds, then talk.

Why dont you, with your 50% crit chance use Critical Surge, and get 50% of all the Crit damage you do back in Healing? Whats stopping you, really? Its the best, fastest and most effective healing in the game,AND do ALOT of damage while you heal up?

Should be nerfed to 5%, and Bolt Escape should be usable once a minute or something, its bad that one class has a 100% escape, give it to everyone via Mage Guild.

lmao where do you get 50% crit chance from? 10% from prodigy, 17% from inner light, 5% from thief stone, that's 32% I count. Regardless, why should sorcs be forced into using one build when none of the other classes are. With a dps build, a sorc can get 3 shotted by a nightblade, it's only natural that they have an escape since they can't out-heal damage like that.

And usable once a minute? that's basically saying once a fight, do you know how stupid you sound lol what if someone said dragonblood can only be used once a minute or NB stealth could only be used once a minute, even once every 30 seconds. you sound so dumb lol
    Edited by ishilb14_ESO on May 31, 2014 9:20PM
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

lol as if EVERYONE isnt wearing light armour already. and if bolt was only possible to cast once to get you out a spot it wouldnt be so bad but the fact you can spam several and get right out the way of anyone having even a slight chance to catch you. or worse yet use it to get into impulse spam range . spam a few impulse then bolt bolt bolt back to safety... thats the problem.

its too cheap has no cooldown means its OP.

That impulse thing has happened to me once, maybe twice, since the game came out, no one really does it because it does little more than just *** off the enemy. The issue that people have with sorcs is that they don't lie down and allow themselves to get minced up, they don't have a quick self heal, and if they wear heavy armor to be able to take a few hits, then they can't use that many skills since all the sorcs skills have high base costs since the devs assumed all sorcs would only wear light armor.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

What is this garbage? A global cooldown AND increased resource cost? This is NOT what we were promised.

Time to say goodbye to the rest of your Templar subs.

Glad NBs got some love though.

In patch 1.1.2 Templar's got a GCD instead of a ICD after using jabs. This new update that is coming out is fixing Templar's back to before patch 1.1.2, and they are getting a BS resource cost, that isn't necessary.

If you take what Jessica said literally, we got a 1.2 second ICD added in 1.1.2. She didn't say anything about a GCD (Even though it was obvious there was one). Now she is saying they are "reducing" the GCD she never acknowledged adding in the first place. She said nothing about the 1.2 second ICD.

If you take that literally, it means we will still have a 1.2 second ICD in 1.1.3, and the GCD they never acknowledged adding is the only thing being reverted.

Oh, and the additional magicka cost will be added as well.

Don't bother trying to get them to acknowledge or do anything about this though, they won't. God knows I've tried, as have others.
    Edited by Mortosk on May 31, 2014 10:20PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • eduardo_goncalveseb17_ESO
    werewolfs still total messed up.. fix it.
  • AvdP85
    AvdP85
    Soul Shriven
    Reading this preview, not major problems will be fixed? Good, then I am eally out of here... Been giving this game a try after every update, hoping it gets better. Well, I now die by one attack of an enemy, because dodge does not always work or there is a delay/lag. Maybe I will come back after two or three months to see if this game got better, for now the answer is: NO.

Why?
    - They do not fix the problems which frustrate people for a long time
    - Bugs that should not have been in by now, are still there
    - Adding new content, while the rest is still not fixed
    - Etc

I still wonder WHY there had to be an online Elder Scrolls and not just another chapter in the series. Or why they did not extend the release date to fix the major problems...
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, Caltrops fix.

Its too bad theres not fix to the stackability of siege equipment other than forward bases. Supposed to stack to 5.... but they dont.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 31, 2014 10:48PM
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    Agis wrote: »
    ...we encourage you to use DX11...
    [/list]

I'm sorry but downgrading to DX9 is the only way I can play ESO. A lot of people are still having issues with crashes related to texturemap issues and the nvidea gpu 600 series. We are forced to downgrade to DX9 because it's able to recover from the crash in just 5 seconds. Whereas keeping it on DX11 like it should be, the game just completely crashes. Meaning we have to relaunch/relog every single time. I would be okay with this if it didn't happen every 15 minutes.

I have a 660 TI and I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. The game runs smooth as silk in DX11.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Axewaffle wrote: »
    THESE NIGHTBLADE BUFFS ARE *** MASSIVE HOLY ***!

Our best dps ult can now crit... GG.

Spell damage/crit potions now 30% better?! *** jesus!

Path of darkness no longer useless (maybe) *** aie!

THANK YOU ZENIMAX YOU SEXY *** ***! I LOVE YOU!

Path of Darkness was never bad. It is, in fact, amazing.

Most Night Blades are just really bad and don't know how to use it.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

@TRIP233‌

No, they fixed the speed of Mist Form (which was and probably still is better than Bolt Escape) so that it would be the same as Boundless Storm, not Bolt Escape. Go re-read the path notes. Boundless Storm is a Lightning Form morph that gives you extra run speed. That's the equivalent ability.

Mist Form still gives you CC immunity, damage reduction, partial invisibility, and removes enemies ability to tab target you.

Bolt Escape gives you zero CC immunity, zero damage reduction, doesn't prevent targeting, and makes you EASIER to see due to the long trail of lightning or blue balls.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    thnx for buffing the nightblade i dont even use any of those skills hurrdurr
    stam scrub
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    Why wasnt this announcement put in the patch note section instead of this section. Patch notes is where I looked first for this announcement.

Could be due to this not being an actual patch, but some info on the patch coming soon. They are doing EXACTLY what we wanted them to do...communicate fast and early.

If this were the actual patch, it would probably go in there. What they could really use is a PTR forum (you know...with a PTR realm that we could go on and test...and then report stuff in the PTR forum...)

But apparently that's in the works. Thanks for posting this stuff early folks. it's appreciated.

Its titled official news and patch notes which this is.

Title of this post:
    "Patch v1.1.3 Preview" (emphasis mine)

It's probably not even worth arguing about...but just clarifying. it's not the official patch notes...and if you've noticed, they usually don't post the patch info there until it's rolled out onto the servers. they wanted to give us a preview of some of it...mostly to alleviate some frustrations that were growing.

There are certainly better places for discussing patch notes (like a PTR forum), but they are still developing that I guess.
  • ariella321
    ["Relyk04;925425"]Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict. [/quote]

There is actually a timeout on a drawn bow. If you hold it for a bit, it releases without firing on its own.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »

@Amesiel‌

Hopefully next patch.

Why dont you, with your 50% crit chance use Critical Surge, and get 50% of all the Crit damage you do back in Healing? Whats stopping you, really? Its the best, fastest and most effective healing in the game,AND do ALOT of damage while you heal up?

Should be nerfed to 5%, and Bolt Escape should be usable once a minute or something, its bad that one class has a 100% escape, give it to everyone via Mage Guild.

lmao where do you get 50% crit chance from? 10% from prodigy, 17% from inner light, 5% from thief stone, that's 32% I count. l

inner light rank 4 is 20% not 17% ... than you get 5% from twilight 5 pieces or night motehr 5 pieces, 5% from willopath 3 pieces, 6% from purple precise weapon, 7% from pvp buff...

that sum up to 10+20+5+5+6+7=53%

if you'r using a destro staff in place of resto staff you can forgo one of the 2 set for the imperium set that gives 10% crit (imperium staff can drop with the precise trait too... but you have to serach quite a bit for them ^^')
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game needs a 20gb patch not 36mb this time
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    So, all the skills that say "reduces enemy armor by 40%" and then what it actually does is increase your damage by 4, those... will just stay broken?

Having a Legendary VR hardening glyph add a 181 damageshield , which bypasses defenses if removed in a single hit, with all common outdoor trash auto attacking (with first-tier-overcharged armor in place) for over 500, that just stays broken?

Having Sea of Flames not restore magicka, that stays broken?

Having Burning Breath not reduce armor on the target, that stays broken?

Having Engulfing Flames add ONE (yes one) damage to a fire based attack at Rank IV, at VR6, that stays broken?

Deep Breath: Does NOT stun nor interrupt, at all, in any way. The whole point of the morph, does. not. work. It simply doesn't do what it says, at all. Ever.

Flying Blade: uses less stamina, has greater range, and is in every way superior to Draining Shot. Flying Blade? Dual Wield. Draining Shot? BOW. Working as intended?

Whirling Blades: The stamina regen stops if an enemy dies. This is a completely broken morph. Even if restoring 12 stamina every two seconds at VR5 was in any way significant, having it stop when the enemy dies makes it utterly broken and pointless. And seriously... 12 stamina? Talk about underwhelming.

Twin Blades and Blunt: None of the effects actually work. There is no value parsable in any log that shows any of those effects are active. There is no stat on the character sheet that shows any increase of any kind, nor any icons active for any of the effects. 100% not working, even slightly. Especially true of Sword and Dagger.

Immovable Brute/Unstoppable: The Morph percentage never increases from Rank I to IV. What's the point of a morph, if the morph stat is identical for every rank?
    Edited by vyal on June 1, 2014 4:25AM
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    SootyTX wrote: »
    ESO Players - "Communicate with us more! We just want to know what's going on!"...."Don't wait to make all the fixes at once, roll out what you can as soon as its ready!"....."Why do devs always overdo changes and swing from one extreme to another! Make small changes!"

Devs - "Here's an early look at some of the changes and fixes we've got coming up next week!"

ESO Players - "Waaaahhhhhh, why isn't <my personal issue> being fixed naoh!!!!"....."You guys suck, these changes are no where near enough!!"......"My entire character is totally unplayable because you changed one skill and I cannot even kill a single wolf 5 level below me now!!" (templers, looking at you here)...."OMG, is this all!! Its been like 3 months since 1.1.2 came out, what are you guys doing!!!!"

Sorry @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ :( some of us really do appreciate the hard work you are all doing there

The fact that we are still complaining means they still have time to fix the multitude of issues that are screwed up. It's when the complaining stops they should be worried. That day is coming. Very soon.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • meghuskoow
    Im excited, i just hope the update doesnt take too long as monday is my day off, i cant wait to find out what else is coming!
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and it's not enough. It really isn't. We're talking about one update to the skill tooltip description and/or one sql update to the skills database to fix these issues. Just make either the description match the effect, or clarify/fix it.

Two changes is too much work, to fix a skill that doesn't do what it says, AT ALL? If that's the case? It's all over but the cryin', boys. Stick a fork in it, it's done.
  • Legionary92
    Legionary92
    ✭✭
    Two things... actually three. First, immortal mage mercenaries and how many you can spam. Second, the NB ability Shadowy Disguise activating and then immediately deactivating even though nothing that would cause you to decloak (sprinting, using another ability etc.) has been done. Third, how I can't freakin bite anyone as a werewolf, even though the prompt is RIGHT THERE! Is it cause I'm a white werewolf? Also just the general bugginess of werewolves. Super annoying.

One more, I lied. Forward camps that go bugged as soon as they're put up.
    Edited by Legionary92 on June 1, 2014 6:29AM
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭

Please shine some light on this for me. I have tried it, I have leveled it, I have morphed it. The damage is low, the speed increase is utterly mitigated by being forced to stand on a small constricting AoE, and the magicka cost is large. For what it does, you are better off running Fan of Knives which provides more damage, more mobility and an AoE snare witht he addition of being able to use from stealth for sneak damage.

Aside from tank builds running refreshing path I dont see a use.

If there is some magic trick that makes this ability usefull let alone 'amazing!" please let me know.
    Edited by Axewaffle on June 1, 2014 8:51AM
  • Oogly
    Oogly
    ✭✭✭

Please shine some light on this for me. I have tried it, I have leveled it, I have morphed it. The damage is low, the speed increase is utterly mitigated by being forced to stand on a small constricting AoE, and the magicka cost is large. For what it does, you are better off running Fan of Knives which provides more damage, more mobility and an AoE snare witht he addition of being able to use from stealth for sneak damage.

If there is some magic trick that makes this ability usefull let alone 'amazing!" please let me know.

It's not amazing, at best it's useful in certain situations. It's just really easy to say stuff like that to make ppl feel uncertain and think they might do something wrong. With only 10 slots for skills there's almost no reason to forgo one of the better ones for it.

It's one of those underwhelming NB skills that gets completely overshadowed by generic skills available to anyone.
    Edited by Oogly on June 1, 2014 10:16AM
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    is it just me or did the short maintenance today brought back: animation stuck on several skills (Impale, in my case).I didn't have that problem for a couple of weeks,now its back.Together with "you are not able to anything until hitting escape twice" dual wield bug.

Fixes and improvements are great and neccesary,but there are some "features" that have to be put on top of the to-do list.
    - unresponsive combat/lockup... i really don't know if it can be blamed entirely on lag-issues.Personally, i think its quite engine related.
    - rebalance classes/skills. if it's not changed you can just delete all armor and weapons beside of light armor and staves.
    - fix combat generally. if a zombie casts his "puke" in a cone in front of him, i run out of the area BEHIND THE MOB BEFORE ANIMATION IS DONE AND STILL GET HIT ... wtf?

And some (quite Nightblade-based) thoughts:
    - improve stealth.don't take it away from all classes, just give "thief" players the chance to use it. "i'm a mighty dk wearing light armor,flamestaff and i stealth. i'm a sorc,light armor,flamestaff, and i stealth. i'm a nightblade,put my points to medium armor and passives.and i stealth. ... i'm a mob and i give a ***."
    - give nb a "add +% damage when hitting from behind with light weapons (bow,dw,1hs)" passive (allready mentioned it before)
  • AvdP85
    AvdP85
    Soul Shriven
    is it just me or did the short maintenance today brought back: animation stuck on several skills (Impale, in my case).I didn't have that problem for a couple of weeks,now its back.Together with "you are not able to anything until hitting escape twice" dual wield bug.

Fixes and improvements are great and neccesary,but there are some "features" that have to be put on top of the to-do list.
    - unresponsive combat/lockup... i really don't know if it can be blamed entirely on lag-issues.Personally, i think its quite engine related.
    - rebalance classes/skills. if it's not changed you can just delete all armor and weapons beside of light armor and staves.
    - fix combat generally. if a zombie casts his "puke" in a cone in front of him, i run out of the area BEHIND THE MOB BEFORE ANIMATION IS DONE AND STILL GET HIT ... wtf?

And some (quite Nightblade-based) thoughts:
    - improve stealth.don't take it away from all classes, just give "thief" players the chance to use it. "i'm a mighty dk wearing light armor,flamestaff and i stealth. i'm a sorc,light armor,flamestaff, and i stealth. i'm a nightblade,put my points to medium armor and passives.and i stealth. ... i'm a mob and i give a ***."
    - give nb a "add +% damage when hitting from behind with light weapons (bow,dw,1hs)" passive (allready mentioned it before)

They were going to set somethings back to before patch 1.1.2 and hope they then fix some problems. All they do is actually just make things worse. XD
  • tsvetan.dimitrov76cub18_ESO

It's not amazing, at best it's useful in certain situations. It's just really easy to say stuff like that to make ppl feel uncertain and think they might do something wrong. With only 10 slots for skills there's almost no reason to forgo one of the better ones for it.

It's one of those underwhelming NB skills that gets completely overshadowed by generic skills available to anyone.

I'd say it might be useful in some situations but i personally never use it because i prefer not to be drawn out of invisibility when i cast Shadowy Disguise
  • FegefeueR
    FegefeueR
    ✭✭
    So more Bugs tomorrow, nice, can't wait, thx for info!
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    "Together with "you are not able to anything until hitting escape twice" dual wield bug."

It's not dual wield only. Happens to all my characters dual wield or not, especially my 2H melee Temp when I try to cast with weapon till sheathed. It's like the animation of casting and drawing weapon get tangled up and my Temp just stands there looking stupid while getting beat on.