Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
On Monday (6/2) during the regular maintenance period, we’ll be pushing an incremental patch to the live megaservers. The patch includes a handful of important fixes and improvements. We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now:

We do have more skill line fixes and improvements on the way, and are looking at which ones we can get out next week. We’ll keep you updated.

Alliance War
  • Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
  • Caltrops: Fixed an issue with Caltrops – you will no longer be immune to siege damage.
  • Fixed an issue where some container rewards received through mail by non-veteran rank player characters contained items with no level or icon.

Nightblade
  • Catalyst: This passive ability’s bonus has been increased to 15% for Rank I and 30% for Rank II.
  • Path of Darkness: This ability’s damage has been slightly increased.
  • Veil of Blades: This ability is now capable of critical strikes.

Templar
  • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

Trials
  • Fixed an issue with treasure chests so more than one group member can now loot the chest before it disappears.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck at the login screen or character select screen for a long period of time after experiencing a crash.
  • Graphics: We have implemented a fix for those who could not see ghosts when using DX9 after patch 1.1.2. However, we encourage you to use DX11 unless playing on Windows XP.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some collected books to disappear or get replaced when you used a Wayshrine or reloaded the game.
Edited by ZOS_RobinsonE on June 2, 2014 2:25PM
Jessica Folsom
Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the full patch notes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Awsome to hear that cyrodiil latency will decrease.

Any date for EU server to move to EU?
    Does devs consider boosting players in cyrodiil more?
    What about fight against bots?

Anyway I am looking forward to full patch notes.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil, group member's icons are not accurate in tracking members and are usually delayed or frozen for a while. This getting fixed or is it part of your fix for Cyrodiil latency? P.S. I personally think there should be an option to change the size of the marker for group member's as in PvP, it can be very distracting and can overlap on things like camps and forts you are trying to teleport to -- a general nuisance at its current size.
    A wise man once said... "KriHavok been around in our community [Bethesda] for a while, genuinely a good dude." - "Uncle" Pete Hines, Vice President of PR and Marketing at Bethesda
    Official Discord HypeSquad Member. Looking to promote Discord in the communities you're part of? Check out this referral link to apply!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Alixar - [PC EU] DC Former Emperor (twice)
    2015 PTS Tel Var Stone Competition Winner
    My 'Joyous Jubilee' Cake was featured for ESO's 2 Year Anniversary! [Twitter/Image Link]
    Data Mining thread dump:
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    vampire shall never be fixed! ... jesus :D
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • DrywFiltiarn
    DrywFiltiarn
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see an update on the achievements issue as well. I'm seeing odd behavior in this currently as apparently when you go quest a new zone (that you haven't been in before 1.1.2 patch) you can perfectly get the xx quests completed in zone achievements, but all old ones will simply state 0/xx completed. This currently makes me very hesitant on finishing up one zone where I hadn't completed enough quests yet to get the achievement, but where it does give me 0/xx completed.

It's been stated several times before that it's a purely cosmetic issue, but why is it then that for new zones that haven't been quested before the issue arose, the achievements do show properly? It seems impossible currently to be properly able to get and complete various achievements.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    So what was the deal with a global cooldown on the Templar ability in the first place. You sold the combat mechanics on "no cooldown! It's all resource-limited." Was this a mistake or did you intentionally do this as some weird interim fix for something else?

Pretty sure this is their way of covering up the fact that they added a 1.2 second GCD that was never announced. In Jessica's patch note addendum post, she promised to revert the change and instead increase magicka costs.

Looks like we get the increased Magicka cost AND GLOBAL cooldown, but it will be 140% less than it is now (1.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds) AND we get to keep the 1.2 second ICD as well, since there is no mention of that being reverted.

The latest patch notes are extremely vague and do not give percentages, I am pulling this from what Jessica originally said in the Patch Note Addendum for the last patch, where she referred to it as an INTERNAL cooldown btw. Something isn't adding up here. Either Jessica made a mistake in the patch notes addendum, or they've changed the skill from an ICD to a GCD. Or, the skill has both an ICD and a GCD, and the GCD nerf that was never acknowledged is the only thing that is being reverted in 1.1.3. That means we will still have a 1.2 second ICD.

I do not ever recall having all my skills locked by a global cooldown, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that in 52 levels of playing even if it was only 0.5 seconds before. But, perhaps that it so short a period of time it isn't noticable, I don't really know for sure.
    Edited by Mortosk on May 31, 2014 5:56PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    So what was the deal with a global cooldown on the Templar ability in the first place. You sold the combat mechanics on "no cooldown! It's all resource-limited." Was this a mistake or did you intentionally do this as some weird interim fix for something else?

Pretty sure this is their way of covering up the fact that they changed it from an ICD to a GCD with the last patch and promised to revert it, but increase magicka cost instead. Looks like we get the increased Magicka cost AND GLOBAL cooldown, but it will be 140% less than it is now (1.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds). The latest patch notes are extremely vague and do not give percentages, I am pulling this from what Jessica originally said in the Patch Note Addendum for the last patch, where she referred to it as an INTERNAL cooldown btw. Something isn't adding up here. Either Jessica made a mistake in the patch notes addendum, or they've changed the skill from an ICD to a GCD.

I do not ever recall having all my skills locked by a global cooldown, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that in 52 levels of playing even if it was only 0.5 seconds before. But, perhaps that it so short a period of time it isn't noticable, I don't really know for sure.

Every skill will have a global cool down, for cooldown on blood craze is much lower than hidden blade, the biting jabs was nerfed so global cd was 0.5 and internal cd was 1.2, now both will be 0.5 but it will cost more. It just meant you could use biting jabs then impulse for instance faster than you could reactivate biting jabs.
  • Ryfe
    Ryfe
    ✭✭
    Well i hoped that there will be something mentioned about the 301 error. I am afraid to login and then getting it again.

(i know that this patchnote is not final)