Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which MMO is the best?

• Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Elvent wrote: »
    SWG was amazing, I'm not sure why they didn't just improve on that game. Such a massive sandbox MMO but sadly I was only able to play around the last month of it. I was new to MMOs and it was my first time being able to play.

I would have rather they added the crappy engine SWTOR used into SWG instead and added and improved on it and it probably would have been the next big MMO of our time.

SWTOR was a downgrade compared to SWG, SWTOR had so much less features-wise than SWG and quests and areas were so linear and small worlds and no open space flight...what were they thinking? But now after the game failed and was forced into a F2P model they start adding these things, too little too late for me.

Their story quests and the choice system of being Good Neutral and Evil was a really fun feature though...that was the only thing out of everything in that game that I actually enjoyed.

I felt like wanting to try SWTOR again after a year recently, downloaded the patches and logged in, seeing all my characters locked out from F2P so I logged in my one character...moved around in the city a little bit, read chat for a little, logged out, felt so bored and no good memories of the game and nothing to look forward too.

Oh well maybe in the next 20 years we will see a better Star Wars MMORPG hopefully I'll still be living by that time to be able to experience it, I will be an old man by that time :(

Google up SWGEMU. They are a fully legal emulation server for SWG. Rebuilt everything pre-cu from the ground up with the blessings of SOE (well, the legal understandings anyways). After the last post I made here, I put in my old SWG disks, and installed the emulator, now me and my friends are having a great time playing old school again. Currently training up Master Pistoleer/Combat Medic at the moment. Servers stay constantly as full as a standard server did in the original. Around 3k people on at all times, and they are still adding more to it. Last I heard they are working on the Jump to Light Speed expansion now to put in space flight again.

Only thing that sucked was having to re learn the game. It was one of the most complicated MMORPGs I have ever played. I'm slowly getting back into it, though.