Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax going back on a promise about Racial Motiff's in 1.2

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »
    anyone saying that racial motiffs are not fixed are ignorant morons, I have never farmed for a motiff and never found a rare motiff until right after the patch when I found 2 in 6 hours.They have been fixed and are now back in the game quit crying.

It's called RNG, calm down.
    Larger data samples help, two in a guild with 30 players online found motifs yesterday, none found any the two previous week while online.
    One guy used all his gold and bought a daeric motif for 100k and was happy until he discovered the drop rate had gone way up.
    Yesterday daeric sold for 60k, guess it will fall and end up at perhaps 10-15k still a marked as they are rare drop and only for VR6 and up.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    anyone saying that racial motiffs are not fixed are ignorant morons, I have never farmed for a motiff and never found a rare motiff until right after the patch when I found 2 in 6 hours.They have been fixed and are now back in the game quit crying.

Larger data samples help, two in a guild with 30 players online found motifs yesterday, none found any the two previous week while online.
    One guy used all his gold and bought a daeric motif for 100k and was happy until he discovered the drop rate had gone way up.
    Yesterday daeric sold for 60k, guess it will fall and end up at perhaps 10-15k still a marked as they are rare drop and only for VR6 and up.

I highly doubt that the drop rate is that high. I've been furniture farming for a few hours in my VR9-10 zones and have yet to get either a deadric or ancient elf motif. The drop rate at best is back to pre-nerf levels and the selling price then was 40-60k.

What I suspect is going on is the drop rate may have been indirectly and slightly improved by something like less empty containers, word of mouth spread that some people got real lucky with RNG, and many many more people started farming for them than they have been since the nerf. More slot machine players == more slot machine winners. I expect it will taper off as people realize that individually this is super not fun and not particularly financially rewarding.
    Edited by McDoogs on 24 May 2014 15:20
  • norm_voshall
    norm_voshall
    ✭✭✭

I think they tossed in another stealth nerf in the Hotfix. Before the hotfix (but post 1.1.2 patch) Daedric and ancient elf were dropping like crazy, since then not seeing them again. Daedric Hearts and Palladium are dropping like candy but, the actual motifs are once again extremely rare.
    Edited by norm_voshall on 24 May 2014 15:21
    “We repeat again: strength of character does not consist solely in having powerful feelings, but in maintaining one’s balance in spite of them. Even with the violence of emotion, judgment and principle must still function like a ship’s compass, which records the slightest variations however rough the sea.”
    ― Carl von Clausewitz
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    well i'm confused as to what is happening vs being said. in 1 hour of farming books today, i got AE and Daedric 20 mins apart. I also got about 50 of each of the high tiered crafting ingredients (hearts, palladium, etc).

i have NEVER gotten those books before. ever (and I used to farm then 1-2 hours a week since hitting VR1). to boot, it was about every 5 mins that someone linked getting one of those 2 books in the same house i was in...plus who knows how many others who were not reporting in chat. a few guildies farmed for 3 hours and managed to get 5 of each of those two books.

so...is this working as intended? if so, yay, cause nothing in this game should be as expensive as those books. if not, then still yay cause i'll save a few for later on to make money i guess.
  • gunsofdeschain
    gunsofdeschain
    ✭✭✭
    whatever man... I have been looting every single damn item in the game and can't find ***. I just need the daedric to complete the collection and there is no way in bloody hell I can save 150k for another good few months, considering I still need to upgrade my bank slots and buy a horse for junk carrying.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I highly doubt that the drop rate is that high. I've been furniture farming for a few hours in my VR9-10 zones and have yet to get either a deadric or ancient elf motif. The drop rate at best is back to pre-nerf levels and the selling price then was 40-60k.

What I suspect is going on is the drop rate may have been indirectly and slightly improved by something like less empty containers, word of mouth spread that some people got real lucky with RNG, and many many more people started farming for them than they have been since the nerf. More slot machine players == more slot machine winners. I expect it will taper off as people realize that individually this is super not fun and not particularly financially rewarding.
    I agree that drop chance is the same or more accurate like it was supposed to be after 1.0.5,

And yes lots of players farming, more important before 1.0.5 few players was above VR6, now its common so daeric will not be rarer then the vr1-5 motifs.
    Main effect is that this bring more food ingredients to marked supply has been low as few bothered with looting containers.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jogi1
    Jogi1
    ✭✭
    Hi all!

I my opinion this whole discussion is something I don't understand. I have two questions for all of you who agree with "Why this hasn't bee fixed IN TWO WEEKS".

1. Why in hurry?---You have all time in world to play this game. If you have planned to play this game less than 6 months, then I remotely do see you'r point of view. The raging of not something being corrected this very moment, does not help solving the situation. Everything takes time, also correcting errors. I am no coder, but I can imagine that only finding the error in written code isn't so easy as you could think.

2. Timing of this question?---How many hours did you play the new patch to see if anything has changed? Total 0 hours! Still you say "nothing has been done". You must have some kind of magic eye to see all happening in Zenimax company, I cant say what happens over there or what they are working on. Let's assume they are working on it, new code is written, they test it, and at last minute they see that it has caused new bugs in other parts of program. I wouldn't release anything, would you?

I do think that paying for something, does not necessarily make you an owner of it. It does not make any right to demand anything. You have freedom of quitting the game for some time period or for good. Please grow up! The whole question seems like " I want-everything-right-here-right-now".

Have nice time-what ever you choose to do.
    Edited by Jogi1 on 24 May 2014 15:56
    "Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
    Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
  • hightoriab16_ESO
    Personally, I don't care about ancient elf or deadric motifs, but I haven't been able to find any common. Do common motifs show up in vet zones?
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    well i'm confused as to what is happening vs being said. in 1 hour of farming books today, i got AE and Daedric 20 mins apart. I also got about 50 of each of the high tiered crafting ingredients (hearts, palladium, etc).

i have NEVER gotten those books before. ever (and I used to farm then 1-2 hours a week since hitting VR1). to boot, it was about every 5 mins that someone linked getting one of those 2 books in the same house i was in...plus who knows how many others who were not reporting in chat. a few guildies farmed for 3 hours and managed to get 5 of each of those two books.

so...is this working as intended? if so, yay, cause nothing in this game should be as expensive as those books. if not, then still yay cause i'll save a few for later on to make money i guess.

Yeah, this sounds legit lol
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally can't complain about motif drop rate. I have 3 crafters and have all common motifs (1-9) except for 1 bosmer. That's 26 common motifs. I got all of them from loot or trading repeated motifs, and still have 5 or 6 to trade for the last one I'm missing.

While I do make a point of looting every container I encounter, I don't farm these things specifically, i.e. I don't repeatedly log in and out of an area to respawn containers. And I've levelled 4 characters to 45, 26, 25 and 17 (if I remember correctly), so I actually go out into the world to quest.

I think it's more a matter of bad luck than drop rate, but feel free to prove me wrong.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    @ZoS_GinaBruno But should they be so rare that their going for prices in the market house which can only have been obtained by exploiting prior to the nerf when people could dupe gold and items, or buying gold from gold sellers? That's part of the issue. There's rare, and then there's impossible-to-get-almost rare.

I guess we'll see what happens, with the patch but I don't see it changing much, unfortunately.
    Yeah, spend some time playing with this new patch first. If you truly feel like the motifs are so rare that they're impossible to attain, let us know. As mentioned earlier, we'll keep an eye on the feedback. :)

What if they seemed impossible to get before this patch?

From the start of early access through today, I have seen 5 motifs (2 imperials, 2 Bretons and a khajit), all within the first two weeks and none since. I open every cabinet, urn and other lootable container...

Also red wheat seems to be rare and well the purple recipes don't exist, especially not the consummate sweet roll... been looking for that one for quite a while.

the whole idea behind 'lets fight the bots by making it drop less' has in reality made them more rare and tempting for the gold sellers.

From a business perspective, 20$ for a stack of red wheat, few motifs and that recipe.. seems sort of tempting when considering the 200 hours of potential gameplay before one could get that in the game...

Fortunately, or should I say unfortunately, at the rate this game is falling apart, spending more money on it for any reason, which does include the subscription cost is seeming to be a questionable investment.

Rare may be rare, but pointless is another story.

You simply have terrible luck, what can I say. In the same time period I've collected approx 80-odd of motifs 1-9 and have never once relog farmed, that's almost all from simply checking the bank desks/chests when i log in each day. Also have a little over 100 red wheat just from checking produce boxes.

Half the problem is players blaming the system rather than trying to understand how it works. Throughout the so-called 'no motif phase' i was still getting one or two every single day, simply by paying attention to what the devs said about the changes and changing my own behaviour accordingly. It's pretty basic stuff.

Mind you, I'm replying to someone who is actively condoning buying gold, so I wonder why I bothered at all.
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am glad that the RNG has been good to you, on behalf of those for whom it has not been as kind there is more then a minor difference.

taking your numbers at face value, I have seen 6% the motifs you have, its not random its broken. I also check the desks/wardrobes and everything else.

Regardless, reducing the drop rates only punish the real player and not the bots. They are making the items even more rare which only increases the value, and that makes it a better situation for the RMT.

As for condoning RMT:
    Many games, especially F2P have plenty of micro transactions, so if ZOS offered that service it would be 'legitimate'. In many ways, the morals of RMT are simply based on who gets the money.

I will admit I do not like the way the gold sellers act, as it is rude and never good to harass potential customers. That in itself is just bad business.

That being said, the way ZOS is reacting if just as disruptive to enjoying the game, if not more so. With the Templar nerf, reducing drop rates on already rare items, the way they changed boss pops and drops, and we don't even know how much content was delayed or canceled due to budget reallocations to 'fight the RMT', makes me wonder.

This vendetta style war between RMT and ZOS is leaving us the player caught in the middle.
  • justin903b14a_ESO
    justin903b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well as an imperial don't know if the racial Luck has anything to do with it but I have found every motif except for 3 10,11 and 14 but who knows maybe I just log in at the right time or the 9's smile upon me :wink:
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    gonna keep beating the dead horse for absolutely two reasons:

A) fight the rmt and the gougers, spend 1 hour in the inn in the central town in Reaper's March. you will get Daedric and AE. I guarantee it like a George Forman Grill. (i had several guildies argue with me and others that we were simply "lucky" then went and checked for the themselves and within 2 hours were selling multiple copies of these books as well.)

and MOST importantly:::::>

B) absolutely NO ONE right now should be getting ripped off paying over 30k-50K (which is still high imo) for these books because i know dozens of people getting dozens of books and laughing at everyone who offers them for 100k--buying OR selling. and we a bunch of people, as i said before, who still tried to get a book for our own use for weeks and never found anything til the craglorn patch.

do i still think this is going to get patched back to the books being rare within the week? you betcha. but right now they are candy and everyone should get a piece.
  • Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭

Calls people moron.

Dedicates 6 hours to looking for motifs.

Can't spell motif.

• chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nitratas wrote: »
    Daedric motif is going for more than half a million gold at the moment. Theres no way to save that much money without abusing the market.

Yup, zenimax is encouraging you to buy gold for your dollars and encourage all this botting and RMT :)

That's not true. I have 700k All legit. Just have to know how to sell and make money. Just comes from years of experience in MMOs.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Complaining about this 'looking into it.' It's the same thing we've been trying to tell people for 4 weeks. The patch for motifs in 1.2 came early and was in the game 3 patches or so ago.

We initally thought they 'snuck' it in like they did when they nerfed guild store searches, but looks like it might have been an accident. Regardless, motifs are now the way the devs intended.
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    Sry, i went all lazy and couldn't be bothered sifting through the comments to see if it's been mentioned. but why not just have the damn things made BoA. return them to their original drop rate and POW. If you MUST have your lvl 3 banker in snazy new barbaric/primal/ancient elf/deadric than your gonna have to find someone willing to craft it for you, and wait till your appropriate lvl to find the book yourself