Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax going back on a promise about Racial Motiff's in 1.2

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall can stop crying now, motifs are back, enjoy the login-logout farming. Picked up daedric 10 minutes after finishing patch dl.
    Edited by Bhakura on 23 May 2014 18:15
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    I have not read the full thread, but I found Deadric this morning and luckily I had a skill point that was refunded when they nerfed one of my skills so i could use it.

I am not a farmer, though I will usually open every container in a new city. I could not play because devs juiced the mobs (MGH, Mob Growth Hormone?). So I figured I would tour the cities of vr zones, found it in a desk in the fighters guild that is in an aelyid ruin (EP vr7 i think) after about 15 minutes. was able to use the point and the motif.

Then of course exited, hoping that would ensure i got to keep it, with the wonderful rollbacks and all, and about that time i realized that eso had used 70% of my 8GB so exited.

1 fix and 3 bugs demonstrated in 20 minutes.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two guilds mates found rares today, and I not had a rare yet!!!! Of course, I do not doubt people are finding them. Just seeing everyone but me getting them.

And truth be told, while I would use them, one for each crafter, I am only fussed about one, maybe two of them.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, all. Just popping in to let you know we're reading everything you're reporting. :) Give this a bit more time to soak in and see if you're continuing to see a change (or no change).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, all. Just popping in to let you know we're reading everything you're reporting. :) Give this a bit more time to soak in and see if you're continuing to see a change (or no change).

Fixing the empty container bug has done a lot of good, the prices are going down when people are getting called out for price gouging. You still need to remove the old patch notes though.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    I love how ZoS couldn't get this nerf out fast enough that they accidentally included it in two different patch notes, but we have to wait for over a month to have a fraction of the NB abilities fixed.

Thanks Zeni!
    Edited by fiachsidhe on 24 May 2014 02:19
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. We wanted to clarify a couple things for you about this issue -

The note you’re seeing in today’s patch notes regarding the reduced rate of earning racial motifs and provisioning recipes is actually for a reduction that already happened in patch v1.0.5, but we unintentionally missed the patch note for it when it was first introduced. Our apologies for the confusion this may have caused.

When this reduction initially happened, it presented an issue that caused more empty containers and furniture than intended. That issue has been fixed in today’s patch, so you will no longer find interactable objects saying they have items, but are actually empty.

Note: Post edited for a spelling mistake, oops!

I still get this a lot.......
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a single motif since they tried to stop the motif farmers. Its been annoying constantly searching only to find empty containers etc. Mistakes can be made but i expect a much better service with regards to fixes from a subscription based game i think most do. Thinks should be fixed as fast as possible Not concentrating on new content. Fix what we have first, the broken abilities among other things. People would forgive two months of no content if they saw some serious fixes being implemented. Also separate the patches. We shouldn't have to wait for content patches to get Qol fixes. This game is suffering from a serious lack of qol in general so many things just don't work as they should. The Eu server is just terrible for Lag and still even after 1.1 its still in the west of the Usa. Even F2p games have localized servers the point has come to shift this in the next week or two. Also the lack of communication is bad these days.
    Edited by Kingslayer on 24 May 2014 02:45
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only found one motif ever during my entire playtime.
    All houses and such almost always have empty containers, and if they don't...Then they contain a lockpick or some racial crafting material.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see.. got a DE motif yesterday afternoon, and a Nord one today, both in my normal supply/motif run in Windhelm. Looks like they upped the drop rate...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    geeze, the easiest option would have been to make them bound to acct. all the exploiters would have useless stock to sell. the drop rate would have remained the same so in effect an active player leveling and looting along the way would get eventually all the motiffs

this only benefits the exploiters and bots that stockpiled the high motiffs already

@reggielee‌ What am I going to do with 5 Breton motifs on my Breton? If you're telling me I have 7 other slots, all of them are either Breton or learnt it because I had 11 initially, nobody wants a Breton motif and the only other motif I managed to pick up is Khajiit.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    geeze, the easiest option would have been to make them bound to acct. all the exploiters would have useless stock to sell. the drop rate would have remained the same so in effect an active player leveling and looting along the way would get eventually all the motiffs

this only benefits the exploiters and bots that stockpiled the high motiffs already

@reggielee‌ What am I going to do with 5 Breton motifs on my Breton? If you're telling me I have 7 other slots, all of them are either Breton or learnt it because I had 11 initially, nobody wants a Breton motif and the only other motif I managed to pick up is Khajiit.

I want a breton motif ^^
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To date, I've managed to find all normal motifs for one of my three characters. This -includes- imperial motif.
    The other two are about two thirds complete on normal motifs, but I don't hold out much hope for finding two more imperial motifs.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honest OP i understand that casual feel like the get over rule but the low drop rate as i myself is a casual player to but i do understand one thing with come to mmo in all honest no one want free hand not even a casual player sure it fun at start but at end of day what is point of get everything for free if you want something really bad you other go out and farm for it or you buy of someone that have item you want that is what all about.

If you want free hand you can always play WoW for the have whole isle that gave you free epic gear so trust me it was fun for like 2 week of game play.

If you want a recipe to your craft you other work for it or buy someone i'm glad it is hard to found those recipe for then gear you make will be worth sell to other who don't have those recipe if everyone have all recipe the it wont be any in game trading for everyone can do same gear think about it so at the end it is win win for all it may not look like it now but it will be in long run.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    With respect, it's "soaked in" since 1.0.5/1.0.6.
    It's great that furniture/vases/etc are no longer empty and don't just give lockpicks. The provisioners are happier.
    Unfortunately, the drop rate of recipes/motifs is identical, but that's not the problem.

The problem?

Overall, the solution is terrible, and bind-to-account (instead) solves all the problems currently plaguing motifs, and would allow you to have a much less punitive drop rate. It would also completely halt motifs being used as currency by RMT gold farmers.

Why has Zenimax not changed all motifs to be bind-to-account on pickup?
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Response to topic title)

Hey, take it easy, Eugene is still on break eating his hot pockets. He's a big guy, gotta get his fuel.
  • Manus
    Manus
    ✭✭
    I went and looked at one of those RMT sites 40 bucks for a daedric motif. Whats sad I bet people are buying them.
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    @ZoS_GinaBruno is the drop rate the same, and there are just mroe empty furniture when you go into areas? Or does this fix in some way fix the drope rate on these motiffs, especially the higher end ones that have become night impossible to find?
    The drop rate will be the same, but you will find less empty furniture now.

Sorry for the confusion on this, guys. Hope this helps clear things up!

Woohooo more lockpicks....
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZoS_GinaBruno But should they be so rare that their going for prices in the market house which can only have been obtained by exploiting prior to the nerf when people could dupe gold and items, or buying gold from gold sellers? That's part of the issue. There's rare, and then there's impossible-to-get-almost rare.

I guess we'll see what happens, with the patch but I don't see it changing much, unfortunately.
    Yeah, spend some time playing with this new patch first. If you truly feel like the motifs are so rare that they're impossible to attain, let us know. As mentioned earlier, we'll keep an eye on the feedback. :)

What if they seemed impossible to get before this patch?

From the start of early access through today, I have seen 5 motifs (2 imperials, 2 Bretons and a khajit), all within the first two weeks and none since. I open every cabinet, urn and other lootable container...

Also red wheat seems to be rare and well the purple recipes don't exist, especially not the consummate sweet roll... been looking for that one for quite a while.

the whole idea behind 'lets fight the bots by making it drop less' has in reality made them more rare and tempting for the gold sellers.

From a business perspective, 20$ for a stack of red wheat, few motifs and that recipe.. seems sort of tempting when considering the 200 hours of potential gameplay before one could get that in the game...

Fortunately, or should I say unfortunately, at the rate this game is falling apart, spending more money on it for any reason, which does include the subscription cost is seeming to be a questionable investment.

Rare may be rare, but pointless is another story.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »

I want a breton motif ^^

I also have a few of each of the lower motiffs, saving them for when I start lvling up an alt to craft instead of my main which isnt working out. I was going to sell them but its too much a pain in the bottom, however... I would gladly have them all bound to acct to stop all the problems with motiff camping and gold farming. If they reverted the drop rates to what they were pre patches then we all would get them with the usual looting whilst exploring and questing as intended
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Archaon‌ COD you, what's the price you want? Pass me your username.
    Edited by Aeradon on 24 May 2014 12:31

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear it wasn't reduced twice and to be fair I found two (non-rare) last night.
  • Zarman
    Zarman
    ✭✭✭
    Make them buyable Via the blacksmiths/ merchants, as well as findable
    For Example
    Regular sets = 1000 gold
    Rare = 10 000 gold

This will stop people listing them for stupid prices if they do find them.
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    So they promised to look into it and they did? How is that breaking their promise?

Just because you disagree with their findings doesn't mean they are going back on their word.

Explain to me how "Looking into it." and two threads about the items complete dissapearance, somehow merits, a /FURTHER REDUCTION IN THE DROP RATE./

Hey, Hey. /ARE WE COOL YET?/ Can We /JOIN THE CLUB?/
    Edited by DireKit on 24 May 2014 14:09
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    anyone saying that racial motiffs are not fixed are ignorant morons, I have never farmed for a motiff and never found a rare motiff until right after the patch when I found 2 in 6 hours.They have been fixed and are now back in the game quit crying.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well you could give them to alts, since bound is bound to account, not bound to character, but yeah your Breton won't need them.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • nightside187b16_ESO
    nightside187b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So rare motifs are not rare anymore ,and for you people that bought them at 100 200k + i think zenimax is just saying FU guys or buy more gold ?
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone saying that racial motiffs are not fixed are ignorant morons, I have never farmed for a motiff and never found a rare motiff until right after the patch when I found 2 in 6 hours.They have been fixed and are now back in the game quit crying.

It's called RNG, calm down.
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

UHUNHNBRLRLLHRLLRRHH RRAAAHHH!!! /headturn360degrees

exorcist_343933.jpg

BLLRURURUHHLLRLLRLHLRLRHHRLRHH!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DireKit wrote: »
    McDoogs wrote: »

UHUNHNBRLRLLHRLLRRHH RRAAAHHH!!! /headturn360degrees

exorcist_343933.jpg

BLLRURURUHHLLRLLRLHLRLRHHRLRHH!

All I could remember is the parody. HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4A1haySbx8
    Edited by Aeradon on 24 May 2014 15:03