Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive unplayable

• KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I used to pass through Arc 1 with no problem, 3 levels ago, with gear 10 levels below me.
    Now after the update, I try archive again after having acquired gear of my level, including a set, and I am dealing almost twice the damage I used to, but its taking longer to kill them. Explain that. And I can no longer reach Arc 2. I used to get at least halfway through Arc 2.

This has already been explained to you. Read the response I bolded above. The Archive itself has not gotten harder -- rather, you are experiencing a common issue experienced by players under level 50, that of diminishing returns in perceived power the closer you get to level 50 (even in level-appropriate gear), based on the way level scaling is done in this game. Low level characters can feel borderline OP compared to higher level characters. It's not uncommon to start feeling weaker around level 25 or so.

Read this Reddit post on someone experiencing what you're experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bzzuv0/eso_is_the_only_game_that_makes_me_less_powerful/

And this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/rjl7ol/eso_levelling_up_makes_me_weaker/

And this ESO forum post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320096/why-does-it-feel-like-my-attributes-are-going-down-as-i-level-up

And this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316220/getting-weaker-when-you-level-up-how-do-you-feel

Again, what you're experiencing has nothing to do with the Archive and everything to do with scaling.

I'm dealing nearly twice the damage! EXPLAIN THAT. If I were weaker, I'd be doing LESS damage. Not More as I am now. And yet I'm killing them slower. Your explanation is flawed. Find another.
    I'm slaughtering dungeons twice as fast as I used to and you are still trying to claim scaling?<snip>

<snipped for baiting>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 9 September 2024 22:53
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Archive was designed as both a gateway for new players and a progression for endgame.
    Arc 1 is supposed to be trivial.
    Arc 2 average.
    Arc 3 dungeon.
    Arc 4 trial.
    Arc 5 end game.
    Further arcs even more difficult.

I used to pass through Arc 1 with no problem, 3 levels ago, with gear 10 levels below me.
    Now after the update, I try archive again after having acquired gear of my level, including a set, and I am dealing almost twice the damage I used to, but its taking longer to kill them. Explain that. And I can no longer reach Arc 2. I used to get at least halfway through Arc 2.

I think you're failing to take into account that werewolf got a significant nerf last patch.

Don't ask for IA to be nerfed. Ask for werewolf to be buffed if you enjoy it that much.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/664970/pc-mac-patch-notes-v10-1-6#latest
    Negative. Werewolf was not nerfed.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Then again, not much was modified at all. Unless you're referring to the previous patch?

Speaking of, which patch did they expand archive? Guess it's been a bit since I last tried it, excluding my latest attempts.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has already been explained to you. Read the response I bolded above. The Archive itself has not gotten harder -- rather, you are experiencing a common issue experienced by players under level 50, that of diminishing returns in perceived power the closer you get to level 50 (even in level-appropriate gear), based on the way level scaling is done in this game. Low level characters can feel borderline OP compared to higher level characters. It's not uncommon to start feeling weaker around level 25 or so.

Read this Reddit post on someone experiencing what you're experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bzzuv0/eso_is_the_only_game_that_makes_me_less_powerful/

And this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/rjl7ol/eso_levelling_up_makes_me_weaker/

And this ESO forum post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320096/why-does-it-feel-like-my-attributes-are-going-down-as-i-level-up

And this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316220/getting-weaker-when-you-level-up-how-do-you-feel

Again, what you're experiencing has nothing to do with the Archive and everything to do with scaling.

I'm dealing nearly twice the damage! EXPLAIN THAT. If I were weaker, I'd be doing LESS damage. Not More as I am now. And yet I'm killing them slower. Your explanation is flawed. Find another.
    I'm slaughtering dungeons twice as fast as I used to and you are still trying to claim scaling? .

This is a discussion forum — we are all welcome to post in any thread, unless it gets shut down by the mods for unruly conduct. My explanation is not massively flawed — if you’re slower at killing IA mobs now than you were previously, you are weaker, because their hitpoints have not increased. DPS = damage per second. If it takes more seconds to do the same content, you’re doing less damage — end of story. I’m curious, what are these dungeons you’re “slaughtering” twice as fast as you used to?
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 9 September 2024 22:54
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    But, as of the previous patch, this is all they did to WW.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/664131/pc-mac-patch-notes-v10-1-5-update-43#latest

World
    Werewolf
    Fixed an issue where some passives could be gained in Werewolf form when they should be disabled.
    Roar
    Deafening Roar (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s taunt could apply to multiple targets at once.
    Werewolf Transformation
    Pack Leader (morph): Fixed an issue where the direwolves from this morph could cause some monsters to despawn immediately upon entering combat with them

No nerf.

But they did do this to the archive.

Infinite Archive Update
    The ever-shifting halls and mazelike corridors of the Infinite Archive continue to confound those willing to brave its depths. New pathways open, books thought lost to time unleash new horrors, and a mysterious new visitor has a task to offer.
    Infinite Archive has added new features:
    2 new arenas
    A fiery pathway fraught with danger as molten lava rocks erupt into the arena
    An icy room with deadly freezing water
    10 new bosses drawn from all over Tamriel
    8 new Verses and 10 new Visions, including a new Avatar
    2 new Marauders
    Bittog, a hulking Werewolf Behemoth
    Zulfimbul, a charging Minotaur
    New Fabled monsters
    Esalinwe, a ghostly Altmer who lost their life in the Archive is back for revenge offering two daily quests targeting either Fabled or Marauder maligraphies.
    Earn the new Mystery Verse Scroll with the power to transform you into a random Avatar.
    Unlock a new Eye of the Infinite to help you in combat by purchasing it from Filer Tezurs.

I really hate the new arenas. Big nuisance. Not that important.
    But, as for the bosses, I'd love a few days where Hoard summoner bosses are not spawned at all.
    Or a verse-choice thing letting you choose from a few bosses (2, 3 with upgrade after some sort of boss slaughtering achievement) - which would guarantee at least one non-hoard boss choice. Of course, people would probably have to research the boss to figure out which they'd rather fight.
    That's what I want.
    A way to fight fewer hoard bosses.
    That's the main issue.
    Hoard bosses.
    Or if they add more non-hoard bosses and/or reduce the number of hoard bosses, that would be wonderful.
    Since every latest attempt on Cycle 4 has been hoard boss, add more non-hoard bosses to the pool for Cycle 4.
    Sail Cutter, Sail Cutter, Mage. (I almost had the Mage but my point still stands. Hoard boss. Every time.)
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

I'm slaughtering dungeons twice as fast as I used to and you are still trying to claim scaling? Get out! You are no longer welcome in my thread.
    Your explanation is massively flawed and you continue trying to shove it down my throat.
    Get out.

This is a discussion forum — we are all welcome to post in any thread, unless it gets shut down by the mods for unruly conduct. My explanation is not massively flawed — if you’re slower at killing IA mobs now than you were previously, you are weaker, because their hitpoints have not increased. DPS = damage per second. If it takes more seconds to do the same content, you’re doing less damage — end of story. I’m curious, what are these dungeons you’re “slaughtering” twice as fast as you used to?

Fungal Grotto, Selenes Web, etc. Pretty much every single dungeon a level 25 can do.
    Not only that, world bosses like the Rat Queen (that's not her name but you get my point. Eastmarch WB) fall swifter to me than they used to. Yet Archive, and only archive, takes longer.
    Everything is faster to do, everything falls swifter than they used to, except archive which for some reason went the opposite direction when my power practically doubled.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm slaughtering dungeons twice as fast as I used to and you are still trying to claim scaling? Get out! You are no longer welcome in my thread.
    Your explanation is massively flawed and you continue trying to shove it down my throat.
    Get out.

Fungal Grotto, Selenes Web, etc. Pretty much every single dungeon a level 25 can do.
    Not only that, world bosses like the Rat Queen (that's not her name but you get my point. Eastmarch WB) fall swifter to me than they used to. Yet Archive, and only archive, takes longer.
    Everything is faster to do, everything falls swifter than they used to, except archive which for some reason went the opposite direction when my power practically doubled.

Those are the easiest dungeons in the game. IA solo is not comparable to solo FG1 or Selene's Web on a low level character... I would venture a guess that you're clearing those dungeons faster than previously because you're more familiar with the process of soloing them now -- not because you're actually more powerful. You're less powerful than you were at lower levels -- simple fact of the matter with level scaling being what it is in this game. You're encountering a few new bosses with unfamiliar mechanics in IA since the update, and you're struggling with them on a character that is weaker due to level scaling (on a sub-optimal build for the content, to boot), so your experience is not surprising to me in the least.

Again, rather than asking for unnecessary nerfs to IA, I would suggest either working on your build (WWs are not optimal whatsoever for ANY PVE content featuring multiple waves of adds), becoming more familiar with the new content, or levelling up a bit more. Ideally, all three of those things.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archive was designed as both a gateway for new players and a progression for endgame.
    Arc 1 is supposed to be trivial.
    Arc 2 average.
    Arc 3 dungeon.
    Arc 4 trial.
    Arc 5 end game.
    Further arcs even more difficult.

that is entirely incorrect

arc 1 is supposed to be "normal dungeon" tier
    arc 4 is supposed to be "vet dungeon" tier
    arc 6 is where the enemies start getting "normal trial boss" amounts of health, though they hit significantly harder than normal enemies

Where is this info found? Please link.

for arc 1 and arc 4, thats where you get the respective undaunted trophies (wall mount for arc 1, bust for arc 4)

arc 6 is just personal experience, thats where the bosses start to have around 8-12 million hp, which is about what normal trial bosses have, but the enemies in the archive hit a lot harder than a normal trial boss obviously

the furthest ive gone is the start of arc 10 and the trash mobs at this point have like ~3 million hp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, as of the previous patch, this is all they did to WW.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/664131/pc-mac-patch-notes-v10-1-5-update-43#latest

World
    Werewolf
    Fixed an issue where some passives could be gained in Werewolf form when they should be disabled.
    Roar

Perhaps this is part of the reason, along with all the other information people such as @Aurielle have posted.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for arc 1 and arc 4, thats where you get the respective undaunted trophies (wall mount for arc 1, bust for arc 4)

arc 6 is just personal experience, thats where the bosses start to have around 8-12 million hp, which is about what normal trial bosses have, but the enemies in the archive hit a lot harder than a normal trial boss obviously

the furthest ive gone is the start of arc 10 and the trash mobs at this point have like ~3 million hp

I understand why some may see it that way, but we don't know what these Arcs are supposed to be unless ZoS tells us what they are supposed to be.
    Edited by SilverBride on 9 September 2024 23:16
    PCNA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Rather than making it easier maybe they should just restrict access to IA until level 50.

That would prevent lower level characters from going in with a higher level friend.

Mayhaps they shouldn't be able to do that. It's just a thought, didn't necessarily state it was a good one.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is that my experience in the archive isn't any different than before the patch aside from the new stuff they added.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what I've already said, I wanted to share this with you, OP:

https://youtu.be/IKtS2A4fCvE

Arc 1 Cycle 1 solo on one of my mainly single target PVP builds versus Arc 1 Cycle 1 solo on a generic crafted AOE PVE build I copypasted from Skinnycheeks. Deliberately picked defensive verses to rule out offensive verse RNG. The single target character finished the cycle in 3:45. The AOE character finished it in just over two minutes (after dealing with a series of annoying ping spikes that slowed things down a little by preventing bar swaps and skills from firing properly ... wanna talk about unplayable...). Same player, same CP level, very different builds with very different results.

Building for the content you're playing is everything in this game. You're playing a WW, which is severely lacking in AOE cleave damage. Cleave damage is hugely helpful in IA. WWs are fine for generic overland stuff and were pretty nasty in PVP at one point in time, but they're incredibly sub-optimal these days for something like IA. You can do it with a WW, for sure, but you're not going to do it efficiently. If you're getting overwhelmed by adds in Arc 1, it's because you're simply not doing enough damage to the boss summoning the adds, and you're also not doing enough damage to the adds themselves.

I get it that you were lasting longer in IA on your WW before you levelled up higher and before the update dropped, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it was still taking you a really long time to get through Arc 1 even before the update. That's OK -- dealing damage in ESO is a steep learning curve, as is dealing with the diminishing returns of level scaling the closer you get to level 50. I've been playing this game since beta, and I still can't output anywhere near as much DPS in PVE as the top 10% who play this game. Even so, Arc 1 solo only takes me 14-15 minutes in total on average on my Arcanist. If I understand you correctly in this reply, it's taking you 45 minutes to one hour to complete one cycle of Arc 1. That's a build problem, not an IA problem. (Edit; nvm, I see you’re referring to each attempt at finishing Arc 1, not a single cycle. Still, spending 45 minutes to an hour plus trying to do Arc 1 and not finishing it is also indicative of a build issue.)

Infinite Archive wasn't intended to be a XP farm option for inexperienced low level players. It's a rogue-like arena with ramping difficulty best enjoyed in a duo at level 50 with enough CP to round out your build properly. If you want a challenge, it can be fun to run solo IA at lower levels on a sub-optimal build where you don't have all your skills and passives yet, and have to contend with ESO's wonky level scaling issues... but if your intention is simply to farm XP, you're much better off doing RNDs, dolmen conga lines, BRP carries, Skyreach carries, literally any of the other XP farms commonly used by low level players. You mentioned the loot being a problem when farming XP in dungeons. Just...don't loot anything. It'll be more enjoyable than the frustration of bashing your head against an arena you're not ready for yet. :)

I hope that helps.
    Edited by Aurielle on 10 September 2024 01:59
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand why some may see it that way, but we don't know what these Arcs are supposed to be unless ZoS tells us what they are supposed to be.

if you compare the hp of the trash mobs, its pretty close to dungeons of the same difficulty

normal dungeons have trash mobs which are about 40-60k hp, and bosses in the 600k-1.5 mil range, which is about what arc 1 enemies sit at (1.1.3 boss is ~750k hp (non dlc normal dungeon boss), 1.5.3 (tho'at) is ~2 mil (dlc normal dungeon boss))

i would have to look at the hp on vet dungeon mobs again, but i think its not too far off from what is in arc 4 trash mobs, vet dungeon bosses usually have on average about 3-5 mil hp, which is about what they sit at for arc 4 bosses

to give an example of this, banished cells 1, the first miniboss (cell haunter, the wraith one), has ~840k hp on normal and 2.5 mil on vet, the final boss (high kinlord rilis) has ~1.3 mil hp on normal and 4 mil on vet (4.5 mil in hard mode)

a dlc dungeon example using falkreath hold, the first miniboss (morrigh bullblood) has just under 1 mil hp on normal and 3 mil hp on vet, the final boss (domihaus) has 1.5 mil on normal and 4.2 mil hp on vet and 4.8 mil on hard mode

just to give a few examples, i know there are some bosses which have varied amounts of health like the one boss before zaan in scalecaller peak who has like 5 mil hp on normal and like 12 mil hp on vet, but these are more outliers

the incoming dmg also feels roughly equivalent to the counterparts of normal/vet

archive is probably slightly more difficult because theres more types of elites and bosses, along with the random spawns, providing more varied mechanics, where dungeons are extremely consistent, the mob spawns and bosses are never different
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    For werewolf try using Ring of the Pale Order for some supplemental healing
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a simple Sorcerer heavy attack build using the Oakensoul mythic ring will get you scores of 100k+ and a ton of goodies and currency.

There are many other builds on different classes that are equally viable, if not better, so understanding this and the important role CP plays will serve you well :)

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yes I run around as a ww for most of my run because it's fun for me. :)

Do you get that error where you collect a verse or vision and the werewolf's animation gets frozen? Moving like hovering with snout straight up. Casting claws and dodging don't fix. Merchant use doesn't fix. Get stunned when using the portal but then it does fix?

Yes this bug has been in the archive since it launched. Also some side portals and avatar transforms will remove all speed buffs unless you jump out and back in.

On the topic of sail ripper it's a challenging target as it's a trial boss from dread sail reef.

Also I find vision/verse rng makes a big difference when running ww.

I have had good success running 5pc of leeching plate on the body with oaken soul ring, then pick your go to dmg set and maybe a 1pc monster helm like slimecraw, valkyn skoria or balorgh.

Going through the portal to the next stage does fix the animation usually.

Finally obtaining all of the upgrades in the archive makes a big difference on runs going further.

I have 2 builds I'm planning.
    A: Oaken/Shapeshifters, Knight Slayer, Sergeants Mail. Although currently Embershield does seem to be keeping me alive, although it has no damage.
    B: Balhrazas Band, Blood Moon, and one other TBD. Systers Scowl looks nice, but doesn't pair well with Blood Moon as it has a 1 second cooldown on its effect, and blood moon gives a speed boost letting you light attack multiple times per second. I could still go Systres Scowl if I find another set. Alternatively I'm thinking Hist Whisperer if I can't find a damage booster.

For A) Do you think Oaken would be better or Shapeshifters?

My suggestion would be this.

Instead of spending so much time banging your head against the content, writing in these forums about the pains trying to complete it, or theorycrafting builds, spend that time leveling your character above twentysomething. Upon reaching level 50, put on random pieces of white gear and then steamroll Arc 1.

Take the advice of one of the ESO loading screens: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

The point is I used to steamroll arc 1 with trash gear a few levels ago. Now I'm only slightly higher level with insanely better gear and actually have a set and I can't get as far as I used to.
    You'd think putting skillpoints into the tree you use would make it easier. Seems to have made it 10 times harder instead.

1: the under 50 power boost winds down as you get closer to level 50, so unless you're staying ontop of your gear management you do I fact get weaker as you level up.

2: as others have pointed out if your gear is a lower level than you it holds you back quite a considerable amount.

3: your saying your gear is insanely better, but that's not really bow gear works in ESO, so, let's run the gear checklist, which is as follows;
    -is the gear the at cp160?
    -is the gear the correct weight?
    -is your gear a set that you have all the pieces to?
    -can you make use of the set bonus with your current build?
    -is the quality of the gear purple, and if not do you have the means to upgrade it to such?
    -does it have the same trait/enchants?
    -is your weapon yellow tier?

If the answer to one or more of the above is "no" then it is infact a gear issue.

However Maybe ask a crafter friend to make you a set or two to wear while you level up? And even then stay of higher end content until you hit a bare minimum of cp160
    Edited by notyuu on 10 September 2024 07:33
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    a simple Sorcerer heavy attack build using the Oakensoul mythic ring will get you scores of 100k+ and a ton of goodies and currency.

There are many other builds on different classes that are equally viable, if not better, so understanding this and the important role CP plays will serve you well :)

But I guess he / she don't want to go as HA Oakensoul sorcerer or change the gear but as WW and this is the problem here. Maybe we all are just feeding a troll....
    PC EU
    1 Healer, 1 Tank, 3 DD, 5 more Toons just for fun
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oznog666 wrote: »
    Rowjoh wrote: »

But I guess he / she don't want to go as HA Oakensoul sorcerer or change the gear but as WW and this is the problem here. Maybe we all are just feeding a troll....

Based on the damage dealers I often encounter in RNDs, I don’t think trolling is at work here. I honestly think OP is a relatively new player who is still somewhere on the bottom end of the very steep DPS learning curve, and is just being a bit stubborn about it. I vaguely remember those days, and I also remember thinking I was doing muuuuuch better than I actually was. I remember using single target skills that gave nice big numbers over mobs’ heads, thinking those numbers represented my DPS. And I remember being so devastated when I did my first combat metrics “parse” on a mammoth in the Rift or something like that pre-Homestead (lol, remember those days?), and only did around 5k DPS.

Hopefully OP will eventually take the good advice that has been given in this thread and come to terms with the fact that IA is not the issue.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For werewolf try using Ring of the Pale Order for some supplemental healing

they are trying to do this on a lvl 28, no mythics available lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
    Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
    Spriggan: reduce lurcher to 90%, she's already summoned another.
    These bosses are unkillable due to the shear number of ads they summon.
    PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
    Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
    It's Unplayable.
    When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.

I've also experienced all of this, especially WW getting stuck in its wolf animation. I'm glad I have no reason to return to IA anytime soon and experienced a severe 'burnout' when I did run thru IA. Burnout meaning dealing with IA problems and really bizarre functionality (like with some of the side portals), as well as being under the stress that comes with it all. Just playing thru the pain as they say.

But I've posted about that WW problem several times from last year and I guess that feedback was also ignored.
    Edited by Vulkunne on 10 September 2024 16:26
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Latest:
    I tried going back on console for a moment.
    Ran around Overland grabbing cloth plants and a few alchemy plants, cloth for endeavor, alchemy bonus.
    Hardly any hiccups.
    I deal ~3k damage per runeblade (explosive morph) and with max crux ~5k damage per tick on pragmatic fatecarver.
    I have arcanist on console but not on PC unfortunately.
    I decide to head to archive for a moment to hunt daedra.
    1.1.1. Recieving heavy lag spikes. Booted for loss of internet. Why? I was so stable in overland, why was Archive having problems.
    As for damage: 1k from runeblades, ~600 from base fatecarver, ~1.2k max crux fatecarver. Constantly getting stunned so fatecarver would only get up to 3 ticks out per cast. Lag didn't help.
    Why am I doing soooo much damage overland but negligible in archive?
    And due to that archive lag spikes, I'm scared to attempt a dungeon.
  • JaxontheUnfortunate
    Yeah I never expect anything significantly positive to happen to werewolf in any future updates. Though that hasn't stopped me from playing as one most of the time. :)
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My flame staff just unequipped itself in IA, didn't go well. :D
    Staff abilities didn't work even after reequipping.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    My flame staff just unequipped itself in IA, didn't go well. :D
    Staff abilities didn't work even after reequipping.

ouch
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
    Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
    PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
    Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
    It's Unplayable.
    When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.

I've also experienced all of this, especially WW getting stuck in its wolf animation. I'm glad I have no reason to return to IA anytime soon and experienced a severe 'burnout' when I did run thru IA.

But I've posted about that WW problem several times from last year and I guess that feedback was also ignored.

when i played through as a ww, i had the bug with being stuck in the howl animation, but that didnt actually stop me from using skills or anything, purely graphical
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    And yes I run around as a ww for most of my run because it's fun for me. :)

Do you get that error where you collect a verse or vision and the werewolf's animation gets frozen? Moving like hovering with snout straight up. Casting claws and dodging don't fix. Merchant use doesn't fix. Get stunned when using the portal but then it does fix?

Yes this bug has been in the archive since it launched. Also some side portals and avatar transforms will remove all speed buffs unless you jump out and back in.

On the topic of sail ripper it's a challenging target as it's a trial boss from dread sail reef.

Also I find vision/verse rng makes a big difference when running ww.

I have had good success running 5pc of leeching plate on the body with oaken soul ring, then pick your go to dmg set and maybe a 1pc monster helm like slimecraw, valkyn skoria or balorgh.

Going through the portal to the next stage does fix the animation usually.

Finally obtaining all of the upgrades in the archive makes a big difference on runs going further.

I have 2 builds I'm planning.
    A: Oaken/Shapeshifters, Knight Slayer, Sergeants Mail. Although currently Embershield does seem to be keeping me alive, although it has no damage.
    B: Balhrazas Band, Blood Moon, and one other TBD. Systers Scowl looks nice, but doesn't pair well with Blood Moon as it has a 1 second cooldown on its effect, and blood moon gives a speed boost letting you light attack multiple times per second. I could still go Systres Scowl if I find another set. Alternatively I'm thinking Hist Whisperer if I can't find a damage booster.

For A) Do you think Oaken would be better or Shapeshifters?

My suggestion would be this.

Instead of spending so much time banging your head against the content, writing in these forums about the pains trying to complete it, or theorycrafting builds, spend that time leveling your character above twentysomething. Upon reaching level 50, put on random pieces of white gear and then steamroll Arc 1.

Take the advice of one of the ESO loading screens: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

The point is I used to steamroll arc 1 with trash gear a few levels ago. Now I'm only slightly higher level with insanely better gear and actually have a set and I can't get as far as I used to.
    You'd think putting skillpoints into the tree you use would make it easier. Seems to have made it 10 times harder instead.

1: the under 50 power boost winds down as you get closer to level 50, so unless you're staying ontop of your gear management you do I fact get weaker as you level up.

2: as others have pointed out if your gear is a lower level than you it holds you back quite a considerable amount.

3: your saying your gear is insanely better, but that's not really bow gear works in ESO, so, let's run the gear checklist, which is as follows;
    -is the gear the at cp160?
    -is the gear the correct weight?
    -is your gear a set that you have all the pieces to?
    -can you make use of the set bonus with your current build?
    -is the quality of the gear purple, and if not do you have the means to upgrade it to such?
    -does it have the same trait/enchants?
    -is your weapon yellow tier?

If the answer to one or more of the above is "no" then it is infact a gear issue.

However Maybe ask a crafter friend to make you a set or two to wear while you level up? And even then stay of higher end content until you hit a bare minimum of cp160

I'll remind you. Origins were level 25 in level 15 gear, hardly any passives and lacking morphs and infectious claws, and lacking a lot of DK stuff. No sets. CP 340. PC NA. Mostly white and green.
    Current, level 28 in 26-28 gear, with a full set of Embershield. Werewolf maxed passives, fully morphed save infectious claws II, maxed DK passives as far as I can get, and more DK abilities and morphs acquired. Among those Molten Armaments.
    Carrying an oakensoul but can't use it because needs level 50. CP 553. PC NA. All blue or better.
    Last run as him I went greatsword only, until I ran into Cycle 4 The Mage. Had to WW up. Did much better in WW form, even though I lost my Empowered because no more molten armaments. Almost had it, if it weren't for getting DCd. Thanks for nothing akamai.

Today, tried it on my console arcanist, DCd in Stage 1 Wave 3, only took about 30 seconds tops. Excluding the 10+ second frozen times, mostly occurring in final wave. Xbox NA.

Anyways, it's not a gear issue as far as my levels are concerned then and now, WW DK. I was so much worse then, but could make it halfway through Arc 2 easy. Now I can't reach the first Tho'At.

Although, with recent events the past few... months... it appears it's an issue with Akamai International.
    Perhaps I can still make it as I used to, but lag spikes are killing it.
    Makes sense. I didn't think I was lagging that much worse than I used to, until my xbox arcanist run today.
    So, until they manage to change their routing to exclude akamai from their internet route, the infinite archive, as well as some dungeons, are unplayable.

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    It's Unplayable.

I've also experienced all of this, especially WW getting stuck in its wolf animation. I'm glad I have no reason to return to IA anytime soon and experienced a severe 'burnout' when I did run thru IA.

when i played through as a ww, i had the bug with being stuck in the howl animation, but that didnt actually stop me from using skills or anything, purely graphical

Ok I'm glad to hear that but to be clear, my char was not only 'stuck' in WW form, it was basically frozen in it. Meaning, no skills worked and no matter what I did could not get the WW ult timer to release me from the WW form. Other players were gracious enough to help by killing me multiples times (this was on BG but also happened once in IA) and nothing changed until I logged out and back in.

Note that I do not use any mods for WW specifically.
    Edited by Vulkunne on 10 September 2024 16:04
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "your success in the Infinite Archive is limited only by your preparation, skills, and determination"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64687
    PCNA