Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive unplayable

• KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm CP 540-something
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that werewolf bug has been around since before Infinite Archive even released, I reported and submitted a ticket about it during the pts like 8 months or so ago.
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just curious about Sail Ripper (who Ive had many times) and Nazaray (every once in a while, and yeah that one could be a pita with adds) why are you bothering with the adds?

I know some bosses you have to deal with adds for one reason or another, but with Ripper I usually ignore them and just stay focused on the boss.

As to the pilfer scamp, I assess the situation. Most of the time I go after it, but if I have what I consider to be a really difficult boss (looking at you Baron Zaudrus and Varzunon as well) I let it go. Most of the time whatever he is carrying is junk anyway.
  • JaxontheUnfortunate
    One question for everyone having issues are you wearing all medium/light armor or any heavy pieces?

This is what I run for gear if anyone is interested.

5pc leaching plate
    5pc pyrebrand (ran way of fire before moving to pyrebrand)
    1pc balorgh
    Oaken soul ring.
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm CP 540-something

How do you do on your main, level 50, CP 540 character? Any issues?
    Edited by quinancia on 7 September 2024 04:29
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I had the most horrible run ever in IA on Thursday. I normally play till end of Arc 1 due to time constraints. Every single boss I got took longer to kill than Thoa't. The Ride Ripper was one of them.

I'm starting to hate Archive because it's such a luckfest.
    Bosses you get - RNG.
    Verses you get - RNG.
    Visions you get - RNG.

After Thursday I'm reluctant to play IA again. Soloing Falkreath Hold with my IA build is faster, and more fun.
    Edited by cyberjanet on 7 September 2024 08:01
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Thysbe
    Thysbe
    ✭✭✭
    Everything in this game is scaled to level 50 and 160 champion points (CP). Below that player characters are scaled up, and the scaling gradually reduces as you level up.

So with this, level 1-10 characters can be (and actually are) very strong. It´s not an even gap and sometimes you can really notice a drop compared to environment strengh. Taking this, it is possible that you cant do something with a lvl 28 you could do with a level 25 and things are getting tharder the closer you get to 50.

In addition - check if you have CP slotted (that is also possible for a below 50 Char if you got them on another) and Mundus stone - I tend to forget that on new chars

with low DPS - focus the adds first - switching to boss focus only after a certain threshold (probably 20%) - that might be the reason you especially hate add summoning bosses because you ignore them and stay on the boss while adds are piling up.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    quinancia wrote: »
    And I'm CP 540-something

How do you do on your main, level 50, CP 540 character? Any issues?

Main's a tank. He can survive, just can't deal damage. He's made it to Arc 4 before, but that took all day.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »
    It certainly is more difficult now, and it seems like every 3rd boss in just the first arc destroys me! And, I am not using a low level character, it is my main fully leveled character! I've also always done it with a companion, and could get past the first arch no problem, but now, not so much.

Let me guess. Boss summoned hoards of enemies.
    That's what keeps getting me.
    That and all the enemies seems to have more armor than they used to, and/or more health.

I used to do 2.1k and take them out in 15 seconds, now I do 3.5k and take them out in 35+ seconds. At least that's what it seems like. Never did actually time-track it.
    That's for ad stages.
    Boss stages always take longer.

That does seem to be the case, if not more adds, it's a ridiculously large number of aoe effects that are practically unavoidable like tornadoes or fire or lightning or whatever. And, that's on top of all of the extra enemies in my face white all of this is going on!
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Thysbe wrote: »
    Everything in this game is scaled to level 50 and 160 champion points (CP). Below that player characters are scaled up, and the scaling gradually reduces as you level up.

So with this, level 1-10 characters can be (and actually are) very strong. It´s not an even gap and sometimes you can really notice a drop compared to environment strengh. Taking this, it is possible that you cant do something with a lvl 28 you could do with a level 25 and things are getting tharder the closer you get to 50.

In addition - check if you have CP slotted (that is also possible for a below 50 Char if you got them on another) and Mundus stone - I tend to forget that on new chars

with low DPS - focus the adds first - switching to boss focus only after a certain threshold (probably 20%) - that might be the reason you especially hate add summoning bosses because you ignore them and stay on the boss while adds are piling up.

No, it's because they summon more before you get to finish off the first set. By the time you finish the 5th set you've got 3 whole sets against you. They have a wicked fast summon time.
    Seems like I cast claws 3 times and another set has already been summoned.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to try the other pounce morph, get claws of life as soon as you can, also make sure to keep the terrified status up to maximize your howl of agony damage.

Nazaray is immune to terrified. However, offbalanced works.

bosses are not immune to terrified, it is not a cc, just a debuff that does effectively nothing except boosts the dmg of your 1 skill (howl of agony)

even with the terrified buff applied, WW overall got an overall nerf with gold road so their avg dmg went down
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
    Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
    Spriggan: reduce lurcher to 90%, she's already summoned another.
    These bosses are unkillable due to the shear number of ads they summon.
    PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
    Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
    It's Unplayable.
    When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.

Do you have a weapon equipped? Armour? What level? A level one toon without either will most likely die.....
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to try the other pounce morph, get claws of life as soon as you can, also make sure to keep the terrified status up to maximize your howl of agony damage.

bosses are not immune to terrified, it is not a cc, just a debuff that does effectively nothing except boosts the dmg of your 1 skill (howl of agony)

even with the terrified buff applied, WW overall got an overall nerf with gold road so their avg dmg went down

Then how come the only thing that is applied is Off Balanced and terrified never applies to them?
    Plus, it says they are immune. Albeit I know they are immune to fear.
    I feel like Fear has to apply to them in order to apply terrified, therefore if they are immune to fear, they are immune to terrified.
    I deal more damage against ads than I do against bosses, both of which I've cast my fear howl against just before spamming piercing howl. Ads get hit with fear, terrified, and off balanced. Bosses only receive off balanced.
  • angst
    angst
    I'm reading this post like I'm old and looking at an article from the onion, I don't even know what to think
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then how come the only thing that is applied is Off Balanced and terrified never applies to them?
    Plus, it says they are immune. Albeit I know they are immune to fear.
    I feel like Fear has to apply to them in order to apply terrified, therefore if they are immune to fear, they are immune to terrified.
    I deal more damage against ads than I do against bosses, both of which I've cast my fear howl against just before spamming piercing howl. Ads get hit with fear, terrified, and off balanced. Bosses only receive off balanced.

that sounds like a bug to me, because the terrified debuff shouldnt be tied to the fear, fear is the cc and yes the bosses are immune to it, but they shouldnt be immune to terrified because that would just be even more of a nerf to WW lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So with this, level 1-10 characters can be (and actually are) very strong. It´s not an even gap and sometimes you can really notice a drop compared to environment strengh. Taking this, it is possible that you cant do something with a lvl 28 you could do with a level 25 and things are getting harder the closer you get to 50.

I’m bolding this for the OP, because it has been (rightfully) mentioned multiple times now, and OP seems to be ignoring it.

This is not an IA problem: it’s a low level power scaling problem. OP: get that character up to level 50, wear proper CP 160 sets, use a build that’s optimized for the content, and stop asking for nerfs to Arc 1 based on a problem that isn’t even related to the difficulty of IA. You can fully level a character in a few hours in Alik’r.

I finished Arc 1 solo in 14-15 minutes on my Arcanist prior to the update, and I’m still finishing it in 14-15 minutes after the update. There has been no noticeable increase in difficulty to me.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

So with this, level 1-10 characters can be (and actually are) very strong. It´s not an even gap and sometimes you can really notice a drop compared to environment strengh. Taking this, it is possible that you cant do something with a lvl 28 you could do with a level 25 and things are getting harder the closer you get to 50.

I’m bolding this for the OP, because it has been (rightfully) mentioned multiple times now, and OP seems to be ignoring it.

This is not an IA problem: it’s a low level power scaling problem. OP: get that character up to level 50, wear proper CP 160 sets, use a build that’s optimized for the content, and stop asking for nerfs to Arc 1 based on a problem that isn’t even related to the difficulty of IA. You can fully level a character in a few hours in Alik’r.

I finished Arc 1 solo in 14-15 minutes on my Arcanist prior to the update, and I’m still finishing it in 14-15 minutes after the update. There has been no noticeable increase in difficulty to me.

I also think it is important to mention that it isn't just gear that is outpaced during leveling. The lack of skill points for key passives is also very impactful at later levels than earlier levels.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle with IA, but asking to be able to clear arc 1 solo on a sub level 50 toon (regardless of cp) seems a bit much for me.

Rather than making it easier maybe they should just restrict access to IA until level 50.

I mean Zos was always going to add new bosses into the rotation, implying that this content was designed to get harder overtime rather than easier.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    They broke the system and made it unplayable.
    But there's only one person saying that.

If it *were* broken, the forum would be flooded with a textual cacophony of people screaming about it.

That's because 90% of players are over CP 2000. Try a new account that's not so high, or run it after repecing and not spending any CP points.

Also, 90% of players are not over cp 2000. Most are significantly less than that.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Archive was designed as both a gateway for new players and a progression for endgame.
    Arc 1 is supposed to be trivial.
    Arc 2 average.
    Arc 3 dungeon.
    Arc 4 trial.
    Arc 5 end game.
    Further arcs even more difficult.

I used to pass through Arc 1 with no problem, 3 levels ago, with gear 10 levels below me.
    Now after the update, I try archive again after having acquired gear of my level, including a set, and I am dealing almost twice the damage I used to, but its taking longer to kill them. Explain that. And I can no longer reach Arc 2. I used to get at least halfway through Arc 2.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, latest run, got booted at 1.2.2. Lagged out. Try to return, my instance was killed.
    Thanks for nothing Akamai.
    Entire game is relatively unplayable now.
    Here's another post related to that:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8181529#Comment_8181529
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Rather than making it easier maybe they should just restrict access to IA until level 50.

That would prevent lower level characters from going in with a higher level friend.
    PCNA
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archive was designed as both a gateway for new players and a progression for endgame.
    Arc 2 average.
    Arc 3 dungeon.
    Arc 4 trial.
    Arc 5 end game.

I used to pass through Arc 1 with no problem, 3 levels ago, with gear 10 levels below me.
    Now after the update, I try archive again after having acquired gear of my level, including a set, and I am dealing almost twice the damage I used to, but its taking longer to kill them. Explain that. And I can no longer reach Arc 2. I used to get at least halfway through Arc 2.

I think you're failing to take into account that werewolf got a significant nerf last patch.

Don't ask for IA to be nerfed. Ask for werewolf to be buffed if you enjoy it that much.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Entire game is relatively unplayable now.

Not true.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Arc 2 average.
      Arc 3 dungeon.
      Arc 4 trial.
      Arc 5 end game.

that is entirely incorrect

arc 1 is supposed to be "normal dungeon" tier
      arc 4 is supposed to be "vet dungeon" tier
      arc 6 is where the enemies start getting "normal trial boss" amounts of health, though they hit significantly harder than normal enemies
      Edited by Necrotech_Master on 9 September 2024 19:16
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Arc 2 average.
      Arc 3 dungeon.
      Arc 4 trial.
      Arc 5 end game.

that is entirely incorrect

arc 1 is supposed to be "normal dungeon" tier
      arc 4 is supposed to be "vet dungeon" tier
      arc 6 is where the enemies start getting "normal trial boss" amounts of health, though they hit significantly harder than normal enemies

Where is this info found? Please link.
      PCNA
    • IncultaWolf
      IncultaWolf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well you are playing werewolf, which is the weakest thing in the game you can play currently, it's very sad.
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This has already been explained to you. Read the response I bolded above. The Archive itself has not gotten harder -- rather, you are experiencing a common issue experienced by players under level 50, that of diminishing returns in perceived power the closer you get to level 50 (even in level-appropriate gear), based on the way level scaling is done in this game. Low level characters can feel borderline OP compared to higher level characters. It's not uncommon to start feeling weaker around level 25 or so.

Read this Reddit post on someone experiencing what you're experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bzzuv0/eso_is_the_only_game_that_makes_me_less_powerful/

And this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/rjl7ol/eso_levelling_up_makes_me_weaker/

And this ESO forum post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320096/why-does-it-feel-like-my-attributes-are-going-down-as-i-level-up

And this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316220/getting-weaker-when-you-level-up-how-do-you-feel

Again, what you're experiencing has nothing to do with the Archive and everything to do with scaling.
    • Sallymen
      Sallymen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I mean... I think it wouldn't hurt to power level yourself or get a friend to level up to 50 and get the level appropriate gear to help you out. Arc 1 - Arc 3 is like a breeze, doesn't matter the boss, unless you get like Rakkat from MoL and get nuked by blue pad.
      Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
    • KaironBlackbard
      KaironBlackbard
      ✭✭✭
      Well you are playing werewolf, which is the weakest thing in the game you can play currently, it's very sad.

It's twice as strong as my dragonknight capabilities and greatsword capabilities.