Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive unplayable

KaironBlackbard
KaironBlackbard
✭✭✭
I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
Spriggan: reduce lurcher to 90%, she's already summoned another.
These bosses are unkillable due to the shear number of ads they summon.
PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
It's Unplayable.
When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I really hate the trapped maps and I am really losing the will to play archive because of it.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only "unplayable" part is whatever build you're running. whether it's because you need more CP to make your build work or because your build just doesn't synergize with your skills, no boss in IA is unsoloable, especially not in arc 1.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to remove it, at least give us the options whether or not we want to play those specific nuances.
    I hate trapped maps. I hate ad-summoning bosses. I shouldn't have to fight an entire freakin army when I'm alone.
    Give us map options and boss options like you do verse options, so we can avoid OP nonsense like Sail Ripper.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sounds like you need more aoe dmg

even on my full 43k max hp tank the adds never stack up that much on nazaray or sail ripper in arc 1

neither of those bosses can even appear as a 2nd boss, nazaray i think is a cycle 3 boss and sail ripper is cycle 4 boss

they summon adds because thats what they do in the normal boss fights, on arc 1 especially most bosses shouldnt even live more than a minute, the usual avg for me is about 15 seconds because of offensive verses
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    the only "unplayable" part is whatever build you're running. whether it's because you need more CP to make your build work or because your build just doesn't synergize with your skills, no boss in IA is unsoloable, especially not in arc 1.

CP shouldn't be a requirement. You should be able to beat Arc 3 with ZERO CP.
    I'm CP 530.
    This specific toon is Level 28.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

even on my full 43k max hp tank the adds never stack up that much on nazaray or sail ripper in arc 1

neither of those bosses can even appear as a 2nd boss, nazaray i think is a cycle 3 boss and sail ripper is cycle 4 boss

they summon adds because thats what they do in the normal boss fights, on arc 1 especially most bosses shouldnt even live more than a minute, the usual avg for me is about 15 seconds because of offensive verses

He's a werewolf. The only AoE he has is Infectious Claws.
    I'm also running embershield because I somehow got enough of it in a RND a few days ago.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also running embershield because I somehow got enough of it in a RND a few days ago.

that still should be more than enough for arc 1, even at level 28 on a WW you have a full set of skills to work with including a heal
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

that still should be more than enough for arc 1, even at level 28 on a WW you have a full set of skills to work with including a heal

And yet I die to an entire field full of harpies all poisoned by infectious claws. On Cycle 2.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love that the suggestion is always a build problem showing that most players let their build play for them. lol
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet I die to an entire field full of harpies all poisoned by infectious claws. On Cycle 2.

the dot from that attack is not great, its not going to kill them by itself, i usually get more mileage spamming infectious claw than waiting for the dot to kill it because its too slow

and maybe try offensive verses, i generally try to always use offensive verses

3rd suggestion is to get a companion to help
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always love that the suggestion is always a build problem showing that most players let their build play for them. lol

Because people will never admit a skill issue, but now I see the more OP writes it's more likely than not a skill issue, but also tackling the content before it's meant to be done as reaching level 50 would inherently increase their power as well.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I need Cowards Gear, because how I survived the best wasn't fighting, it was sprinting around the map avoiding the storm, because it would beeline for me and take out 75% of my health in 0.3 seconds. And when in the center it would jiggle or something to hit me. And all the harpies.... Why is there not a limit? Unplayable.
    The storm itself is overpowered, but at least that can somewhat be countered. Harpy hoard? Once it's 15+ you're taking 30k per second. I don't have the magika to outheal that.
    Pilferer comes around? Don't even bother, even in arc 1. I died to 5 harpies by trying to hunt him down.
    Nothing should be that OP in the first few arcs. Nothing. You should be able to get to the first Thoat on a level 15 no cp character no problem. These bosses are guaranteed loss. Especially on a werewolf who has only 1 DoT/AoE.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

the dot from that attack is not great, its not going to kill them by itself, i usually get more mileage spamming infectious claw than waiting for the dot to kill it because its too slow

and maybe try offensive verses, i generally try to always use offensive verses

3rd suggestion is to get a companion to help

I can't spam infectious claw because the storm gets on top of me every time I cast. It's better to avoid than to die casting 7 infectious claws and still not quite killing them. Why do they have 80k HP anyway?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive run the archive on my WW before too, still no issues until arc 3

as noted by others trying to do it on lvl 28 without sets is going to make it harder, but i dont think its going to be unclearable

you would have to be doing some seriously seriously low dmg to let adds stack up that much in arc 1
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

Because people will never admit a skill issue, but now I see the more OP writes it's more likely than not a skill issue, but also tackling the content before it's meant to be done as reaching level 50 would inherently increase their power as well.

ARC 1!
    ARC 1!
    You shouldn't need a freakin level 50 for Arc 1!
    It should be easy for low levels to make it through Arc 1 and this monster nukes a moderate level toon with CP.
    That shouldn't happen.
    You shouldn't need a build to make it through Arc 1.

Now I wonder how you even make it to arc 5 if you're so confident these broken systems are fine.
    You're probably a CP 3200 who runs through everything like cheese.
    Speaking of, I wrecked the Crypt of Hearts as if they were butter. Arc 1 should be easier than a group dungeon like Crypt of Hearts.
    If I can't deal enough damage in Arc 1, when I cut through dungeons like butter on the same toon, something's wrong with the system.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    I used to cut through the archive arc 1 like butter. Now? These bosses guarantee failure. I wish I'd stop getting them. I wish I could choose between a few, like you can with verses and visions.
    And no boss should summon more than 5 ads at a time, unless they are utterly weak.
    80k HP Harpies do not classify as weak. I don't know why they even have more than 25k in arc 1.
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremorscale? In arc 1?

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but this is NOT a hard boss and this is not an IA issue, it is something on your end.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Tremorscale? In arc 1?

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but this is NOT a hard boss and this is not an IA issue, it is something on your end.

Tremorscale? Where'd you get that from? I never said anything about tremorscale.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    And that one is easy.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe... try a better build... better gear... level up more... use a companion... get a partner to help... idk?

[EDIT to add: Try a guide for help understanding boss mechanics, as perhaps there is something that needs to be done that is being missed].

Is this character in under-leveled gear or something? Your characters can get worse as you level up, particularly if their gear is more than a few levels below their level, because they start to lose the massive low-level bonus given to brand new characters. This is a big part of why getting to 50 is suggested, so one can make fully leveled gear and finalize a build. But even before that point, some simple crafted gear like hundings or julianos and order's wrath, at the appropriate level, should do the trick.

I see Crypt of Hearts mentioned... was this done solo or with a full group? If one can "melt" CoH solo, I don't understand how arc 1 can be such a problem. If it was done with a group... maybe it was the other group members melting through it like butter? Very confusing.

Anyway, I don't think zos shares the suggested vision that IA should be so easy as to be a guaranteed victory for any character of any level in any random gear and build. But *even* if they do decide they need to further nerf arc 1 into the ground, it's probably not going to happen as quickly as desired, so trying to improve on your end might be a quicker path to ending the frustration. But good luck either way.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 5 September 2024 17:05
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only challenge in Arc 1 is Tho'at because of their high damage output with their ground AoE spam. Other than that, you can get through it without any CP because the mobs and bosses are very easy. The only issue being under level 50 is the lack of skills and passives which realistically is not much of an issue because the bosses have less than 1M HP and the character scaling is boosting your resources to high levels up until around level 35 or so. The only problem you'd have to solve is your lack of damage output and survivability which can easily be solved with minor adjustments. If you aren't willing to make those minor adjustments, then you need to solve that problem first.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe... try a better build... better gear... level up more... use a companion... get a partner to help... idk?

Is this character in under-leveled gear or something? Your characters will get worse as you level up, particularly if their gear is more than a few levels below their level, because they start to lose the massive low-level bonus given to brand new characters.

I see Crypt of Hearts mentioned... was this done solo or with a full group? If one can "melt" CoH solo, I don't understand how arc 1 can be such a problem. If it was done with a group... maybe it was the other group members melting through it like butter? Very confusing.

Anyway, I don't think zos shares the suggested vision that IA should be so easy as to be a guaranteed victory for any character of any level in any random gear and build. But *even* if they do decide they need to further nerf arc 1 into the ground, it's probably not going to happen as quickly as desired, so trying to improve on your end might be a quicker path to ending the frustration. But good luck either way.

I used to be able to reach arc 2 by myself as a WW. Now I can't even get past Arc 1 because it keeps summoning 30+ ad hoard bosses whose ads have more HP than dungeon enemies do. I don't think they should have anywhere near as much HP until arc 3.
    That and they shouldn't be summoning 5 every 5 seconds. I can't kill one before another set is summoned.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this character in under-leveled gear or something? Your characters will get worse as you level up, particularly if their gear is more than a few levels below their level, because they start to lose the massive low-level bonus given to brand new characters.

I used to be able to reach arc 2 by myself as a WW. Now I can't even get past Arc 1 because it keeps summoning 30+ ad hoard bosses whose ads have more HP than dungeon enemies do. I don't think they should have anywhere near as much HP until arc 3.
    That and they shouldn't be summoning 5 every 5 seconds. I can't kill one before another set is summoned.

Regardless of your preconceived notions, this is DUO content. Running it solo does not adjust difficulty, you only weaken yourself by trying to run it solo. For that reason you need a better build EVEN for arc 1 if you want to consistently clear with no issues. Level 28 on a cp 530 char isn't enough by itself, you'd need a full set of gear, and then when you level you'll get consistently weaker.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Estin wrote: »
    The only challenge in Arc 1 is Tho'at because of their high damage output with their ground AoE spam. Other than that, you can get through it without any CP because the mobs and bosses are very easy. The only issue being under level 50 is the lack of skills and passives which realistically is not much of an issue because the bosses have less than 1M HP and the character scaling is boosting your resources to high levels up until around level 35 or so. The only problem you'd have to solve is your lack of damage output and survivability which can easily be solved with minor adjustments. If you aren't willing to make those minor adjustments, then you need to solve that problem first.

I have all the WW skills and passives.
    I have all the Dragonknight passives I can get my points on.
    I have 530+ CP.
    I am no longer able to beat Arc 1. Everything seems to have 5 times more HP than they did before the update.
    I can solo dungeons, but I can't beat Arc 1? They broke the system and made it unplayable.
    The first Tho'At, at least before the update because I've yet to make it to her this update, was 30 times easier than these bosses.
    I hope they play through Archive as a Werewolf and see my problem with those bosses. Literally the only real issue.
    And the addition of traps is a nusiance, but I can normally counter or avoid those spots.
    The frost one though.... 75% of the map freezes you, and half the time I'm fighting ranged units who stand in the middle of the frost unharmed by it. If I'm getting frozen, they should too. Also, they should avoid the frost areas like players have to. I hate having to take frost damage and snare to reach them. Howl uses too much stamina, at 15k damage per howl, and I run out of stamina and they are 50%. How that's even possible in arc 1 I don't know. Did Werewolf get nerfed into the ground? Did dragonknight get nerfed into the ground? I think it's just that they turned the archive OP. They went too far turning up the difficulty the way they did. It's unplayable now.
    I use it as an XP farm, one where I'm not becoming IF every 5 seconds. If dungeons didn't have sooo much corpse loot, I'd run those instead. Sooo much easier, and worth more xp.
    AI doesn't have as much garbade. You get 1 item, just like from bosses, and 1 piece of treasure you can basically immediately sell due to the merchants it summons almost every round, and the opportunity to head to the hub for merchant.
    I never run out of inventory in the archive. So much better.
    Now unplayable due to hoard bosses.
    Werewolves cannot counter that.
    Edited by KaironBlackbard on 5 September 2024 17:13
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭

Regardless of your preconceived notions, this is DUO content. Running it solo does not adjust difficulty, you only weaken yourself by trying to run it solo. For that reason you need a better build EVEN for arc 1 if you want to consistently clear with no issues. Level 28 on a cp 530 char isn't enough by itself, you'd need a full set of gear, and then when you level you'll get consistently weaker.

Dude. It was designed to be soloed. The only reason the duo thing was added was because some people wanted to use their companions, which count as players and therefore couldn't be used in the archive.

The primary leaderboards are for solo attempts.
    The duo leaderboard was added later, after allowing a second player slot for companions.

And it does change the difficulty based on whether you are alone, or whether you have a partner/companion. At least that's how it was on initial launch.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they didnt change mob hp at all with the update, they only added the new arenas, fabled, marauders, and bosses

if your doing arc 1 you wont see the marauders, and all the bosses melt on arc 1 with pretty much any offensive verse

15k dmg for howl should kill a trash mob with 3 or so uses of the skill on arc 1 if thats the only skill you use to attack with

and you can out range and lure the ranged enemies out of the ice if its that much of a problem, or you know drop WW and kill them with ranged, you dont have to stay ww 100% of the time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They broke the system and made it unplayable.
    But there's only one person saying that.

If it *were* broken, the forum would be flooded with a textual cacophony of people screaming about it.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • TheMajority
      TheMajority
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This specific toon is Level 28.

well here is your problem right there level up to 50 its not meant for new player starter zone is meant for new player archive is not.

archive is for high level challenge mode its not unplayable you just got to play it correct
      Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
    • KaironBlackbard
      KaironBlackbard
      ✭✭✭
      they didnt change mob hp at all with the update, they only added the new arenas, fabled, marauders, and bosses

if your doing arc 1 you wont see the marauders, and all the bosses melt on arc 1 with pretty much any offensive verse

15k dmg for howl should kill a trash mob with 3 or so uses of the skill on arc 1 if thats the only skill you use to attack with

and you can out range and lure the ranged enemies out of the ice if its that much of a problem, or you know drop WW and kill them with ranged, you dont have to stay ww 100% of the time

As a level 25 using level 15 gear before the update, I could tap them a couple times to kill them.
      Now as a level 28 using level 26-28 gear, It's taking me way too many shots to take out the trash mobs.
      Sure seems like they got amped.

I've fought marauders and fabled before. They weren't that hard. Yet to get far enough this update though.
      I cast my 15k damage howl at them 5 times and still they don't die.
      Arc 1 Cycle 1 Stage 1 and they have 67k HP. Didn't they used to only have 40k at that stage in previous, if that?
    • KaironBlackbard
      KaironBlackbard
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      They broke the system and made it unplayable.
      But there's only one person saying that.

If it *were* broken, the forum would be flooded with a textual cacophony of people screaming about it.

That's because 90% of players are over CP 2000. Try a new account that's not so high, or run it after repecing and not spending any CP points.