The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am not a fan of this event

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    The only bothersome thing for me is that there are 100 people waiting for the world boss to appear and it is down in two seconds, and I sometimes don't get loot (and and it's not any fun, either.) They really need to make more instances.

Maybe it's time of day, or which dailies you do, but I do the delve daily in Varden & Summerset, and there's basically no waiting. /shrug

edit: and I do them on a character who fits the day's Endeavors (kill with class abilities, weapon abilities, poison, etc)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 21 January 2022 19:58
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I’m wondering is if this year of events will cumulate with us morphing the dragon pet into a house like last year…maybe we’ll find out on Jan 27th 🏡
    Edited by Elvenheart on 21 January 2022 19:58
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    What I’m wondering is if this year of events will cumulate with us morphing the dragon pet into a house like last year…maybe we’ll find out on Jan 27th 🏡

I don't care about the skin, so I'm just getting the pet (got it already due to 12 tickets from last time), and then saving up parts for a second one.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no interest in dailies, and little interest in event tickets or the cosmetic things they buy. This event is a pass for me.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, it's something different to do, and fav zones! :D

Edit: And I am of course a sucker for the double harvest-drops! *wipes a bit of drool off her chin*
    Edited by InaMoonlight on 21 January 2022 20:13
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one does the Ashland relic quest to boost one of the alt’s rapport with Mirri, then joins the rest of the Summerset tourists.

It’d be better if the skin covers you entirely in gold scales. Would look amazing on an argonian. But because it’s only partial, this one will just get the dragon pet and the black flying thing.
  • Ankahet
    Ankahet
    ✭✭
    Are you? This is a huge and pointless time sink. 1 ticket for completing a daily, which takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the type of daily and, if the daily is a wb, if you got there just after it was killed.

I have other things like work to focus on, instead of jumping zone to zone for the slow trickle of these event tickets, and that's a shame really. It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day, and not be forced to stay on longer than an hour on a work day.

I probably won't be participating in this event, even though I want to. I just don't have the time to do it in the way these people set it up. Lame.

If you don't want to do it, you don't have to, that is why events are optional. They don't take long to do, but hey, again, if you don't want to, then don't.

Complaining on the forums that you dislike something that is optional is a waste of your time and the time of others.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason for event fatigue! I have several characters who do their crafting writs in Alinor and Vivec City anyway so I just join with someone in zone who already has a WB quest. Also doing the three trials with guildies has been fun and getting double drops to complete gear sets and motifs. Point is, don’t grind, do only as much or little as is fun for you. :)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one does the Ashland relic quest to boost one of the alt’s rapport with Mirri

It doesn't for me.

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my event tickets like 20 minutes flat....
    then I farmed harvest nodes and got like 100 boxes in an hour...didn't even interact with other players that entire time.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one does the Ashland relic quest to boost one of the alt’s rapport with Mirri

It doesn't for me.

When I was grinding Mirri rapport I found it to be unreliable.

Supposedly there's an additional timer on rapport gains from that specific quest, beyond simply doing the quest. But aside from that sometimes it just gave no rapport even when I'd waited over 2 days between turnins. Yes even when it was one of the relic retrieval ones.
    PC NA
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't for me.

I’ve wondered if certain specific relic quests just don’t give rapport like they are supposed to. I once tried tracking every quest that gave rapport versus every one that didn’t, but lost interest before I got through them all 🤪
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't for me.

I’ve wondered if certain specific relic quests just don’t give rapport like they are supposed to. I once tried tracking every quest that gave rapport versus every one that didn’t, but lost interest before I got through them all 🤪

Only Mirri knows why she likes some but not others. Maybe it's the ones where you recover relics by digging in piles of dirt versus looting the corpses of people you killed? Maybe it's something else? Whatever it is, Mirri isn't saying.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

It doesn't for me.

Only Mirri knows why she likes some but not others. Maybe it's the ones where you recover relics by digging in piles of dirt versus looting the corpses of people you killed? Maybe it's something else? Whatever it is, Mirri isn't saying.

Maybe she’s just isn’t into the vestige :D

This one will check later to see if the rapport increase works or not.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all the other DLC promotions (aka zone events) this "event" is nothing but a reminder to buy the three DLCs featured these days or to get ESO+. There is nothing special whatsoever going on ingame, just the usual grind with more rewards.

So if you came to this game only recently and wish to ever get map completion in Vvardenfell, then now is your very short and very slim chance that your call for help with one of the incredibly annoying world bosses might actually be answered. ;) (Just in the extremely unlikey case that not everybody is farming the bosses in Clockwork City instead, obviously!).

Almost the same applies to Summerset, of course, only there's no "shorter" alternative, so you shouldn'tr have too many problems finding fellow grinders to beat the equally annoying Summerset world bosses.
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this event did was remind my why i loathe daily quests in clockwork city. I bought all the motifs from trader today and completed the sticker book in clockwork. Never touching those dailies again.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is to late here but a friend plans ahead and loads his characters up with dailies before the event so all he has to do is log on and turn it. He does this for every event because he has multiple accounts on PC and Playstation (NA and EU) and gets the tickets on several accounts.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Like all the other DLC promotions (aka zone events) this "event" is nothing but a reminder to buy VISITthe three DLCs featured

Fixed

Also, two of them are Chapters. So for anyone who's purchased the Collected version of the game in the last several years, they can get both tickets.
    There is nothing special whatsoever going on ingame, just the usual grind with more rewards.

You know, it's interesting. Go back a couple years, before tickets & the Impressario, and people were happy for these "DLC anniversary" events. Double harvesting, double boss drops, double daily boxes, etc.

I guess people are more burned out and cynical now?

Personally, I'm fine with these events. I do various zone/delve dailies all the time, I harvest materials I wander past while doing them, and I like to be able to save up some tickets so that I can skip the PvP- and Dungeon-themed events.
    I don't expect Super Awesome Event, so the little bonuses for doing typical gameplay are, well, a nice little bonus.

And if I didn't want to do it - I'd just not do it. I don't find it personally offensive for the game to have something going on that I'm not interested in doing, and so feel no need to get angry at the devs for it. /shrug
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event is not required. Heck, I had my tickets capped from the last event so already got the one piece for the skin.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you? This is a huge and pointless time sink. 1 ticket for completing a daily, which takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the type of daily and, if the daily is a wb, if you got there just after it was killed.

I have other things like work to focus on, instead of jumping zone to zone for the slow trickle of these event tickets, and that's a shame really. It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day, and not be forced to stay on longer than an hour on a work day.

I probably won't be participating in this event, even though I want to. I just don't have the time to do it in the way these people set it up. Lame.

I hear where you are coming from, in that I too dislike that so much of the game kind of funnels you into this "daily login activities" pattern. Daily login rewards, event ticket limits per day plus inventory cap, daily quests, daily endeavors, flash sales, daily random dungeon rewards. It's a lot, especially if you don't really have time to play every day but you like the game enough to want all the things. It is easy for folks to say "don't care" but if you have life obligations and would LIKE to log in, but really CAN'T/SHOULDN'T, it really is a bummer. I would like to be able to get all my tickets for the week on Saturday and Sunday, for example, instead of having to log in on work days.

I personally feel it is a bit of a manipulative marketing tactic that's aimed at getting people to log in every day so they can get more eyes on limited time offers in the Crown Store. And it is a shame because when the game becomes a chore, and you have to choose between doing repetitive tasks and missing out on "free" content available to the community, it can take away a lot of the fun.

So yes from that angle I do agree that when you have to do two different dailies in two lands it is annoying. The difference between an extra 2 minutes and 20 minutes is huge when you really have 0 minutes to play to begin with.

However as events go overall, it's not JUST about grabbing those event tickets. There's other stuff. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61477 So I don't think "huge and pointless" time sink is completely fair. You're only considering efficiency of ticket acquisition compared to other events where the limit of daily tickets are faster for you to obtain. But this is a great event to get your Halls of Fabrication clear, missing motifs, and so on. I actually like this as an "in between" event, myself.

Also, you usually can skip at least one event and still earn all the rewards for the season, but this one really isn't that difficult. Once you have the shrines, you have them. Once you know the quickest quest options, you can do those. Or just do one ticket a day on your busiest days.... it's better than getting 0!
    Edited by peacenote on 22 January 2022 02:18
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Do what folks do with Midyear Mayhem (soon to be Whitestrake's Mayhem): You complete multiple dailies on a character, but simply don't turn in more than one per day.
    You can complete 6 or more in a couple hours. And if you want you can use a different character in Summerset and do the dailies there.

With multiple characters you could pre-quest all ~11 remaining days in one play session, just turning in one a day.

That's what I do with IC events. Do all district dailies a couple of days beforehand, turn them in 1 at a time during the event. avoid the crowds during the event.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have the cute little gold dragon (both accounts, both PC megaservers) tomorrow - because I started this event with 12 tickets on all. I have zero use for the skin; I'll see what else they're offering later in the year. If nothing else, I'm happy with the pet.
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah the events lately, have been pretty lackluster and boring. Last year's witches festival was so lacking in excitement that I skipped it entirely. Same with new life.

This event, the only thing i care about is the new staff motif and that is literally it. after i get that, the event is over for me. We need more exciting events.
    Edited by JJOtterBear on 22 January 2022 03:44
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like events like this one in PvE zones because I can work on daily boss achievements with my toons. There are usually enough people at all the bosses to make it easy (though Vvardenfell is still not very populated outside of Vivec City).

If I'm not working on anything in particular during an event, I do what's required to get the daily ticket quota and that's it. I don't farm for reward boxes, and I skip PvP events.

I wish events weren't once a month. That's too much.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the events lately, have been pretty lackluster and boring. Last year's witches festival was so lacking in excitement that I skipped it entirely. Same with new life.

This event, the only thing i care about is the new staff motif and that is literally it. after i get that, the event is over for me. We need more exciting events.

What makes an event "exciting" for you? I thought Witches and New Life were fine. But that may be because my expectations for an "event" are modest. /shrug

...thinking about it, I may not even expect "exciting" from the games I play. Especially MMO/live-service/daily grind games. Hmm. :|
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes an event "exciting" for you? I thought Witches and New Life were fine. But that may be because my expectations for an "event" are modest. /shrug

...thinking about it, I may not even expect "exciting" from the games I play. Especially MMO/live-service/daily grind games. Hmm. :|

In another thread, he's talking about being excited for VRMMOs. I have to deal with massive vertigo. Can you imagine how a VR game is going to mess with that for me?

I'll be playing Oblivion and Skyrim forever..... because anything "newer" will likely be unplayable for me.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least it's only Pve zones, it could be much worse like mixing up Pve and PvP in one event like last year.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do events that offer something I want from the Impresario. Last one I did was for the Snowy Indrik. Haven’t done one since. Like others have said, you’re not forced to do it.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on 22 January 2022 05:23
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.

Not necessarily. I got in the room in Clockwork City and they were burning down the boss, but I couldn't get my lightning staff to fire in time. And getting the 3 items can be a pain. I know the boss drops at least one, but you won't get it if you don't get any boss drops! They spawn really slow in the room and lots of people pounce on them. More may be outside, but I have only see 1 by the door in once.

This is where the "spawn now" button would be very useful as I noted in a past thread, which several people attempted to argue against.

Standing around waiting for a world boss to spawn is very annoying in events like this.

====

I do think that many of you would say "just don't do it" even if the event involved spready something nasty on your self and sending in a photo of it every day. Disliking an event and noting why is perfectly fine!

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one tried the Ashlander relic daily quests with two alts today, and in both instances, Mirri gave rapport along something like, “We should recruit you into the business” etc.

WB, Delve bosses and abyss geyser - yes, sometimes the skill line are definitely not firing and this one is stuck when there’s a red circle and desperate trying to get out of it.

The daedric purple boxes drop often enough for this one, around every eighth or tenth node. But they mainly contain motif craft materials or green/blue saleable loot).

Gold motif pages seem to be very rare.

On the other hand, this one enjoyed fighting alongside other players to bring down bosses etc.

Bottom line: join the daedric war events for the fun of it; if time poor, just do enough to get the daily two pink slips. Even more time poor? Just enjoy the event when you can.