I am not a fan of this event

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I agree that it is a little annoying that it takes so much time to complete these per ticket, relative to other events. If they're really committed to making it one ticket per quest, I wish they would at least change it to any 2 out of the 3 zones, rather than the 1 Summerset, 1 Vvardenfall or Clockwork City.

This. The world bosses go down too fast so I do the delve dailies. Clockwork City dailies are annoying because you have to run around the zone looking for resources. Vvardenfell is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.

Ashlander quests give tickets for Vvardenfell/CWC FYI, they're the quickest to do, not a single door in the way either.

Unless you've already stacked trash for the crows, then that's the quickest because you don't even have to leave the spot
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Like all the other DLC promotions (aka zone events) this "event" is nothing but a reminder to buy VISITthe three DLCs featured

Fixed

LOL, very funny. :(

How do you visit the zones without buying them first? This is just the infamous ESO FOMO marketing we can see in so many other areas inj this game. People who already have access to the zones aren't really the target audience. It's no coincidence that all three DLCs are offered at half price in the store during this sales promotion, is it?
    Also, two of them are Chapters. So for anyone who's purchased the Collected version of the game in the last several years, they can get both tickets.

Again, people who already have access to the zones are certainly not the ones this thing is aimed at.

But at least we get some shinies for grinding bosses and delves now. Or in some cases we get an opportunity to actually beat world bosses.

I bet that most people who play this game already have access to these zones, especially Morrowind which is literally base game now. But also Summerset. I'm sure that CWC access is significantly lower but Morrowind is base game and Summerset is included automatically with all new chapter purchases.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 23 January 2022 00:55
    Options
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the whiniest thread I've ever seen. I've gotten both tickets + coffers every day in less than 10 mins total. Ashlander daily in Vvardenfell and Summerset WB. If you are too slow to get a tag in, then that's your fault. Even if I have to wait 3 mins for the boss to spawn, it's dead in < 60 secs. Not sure what some of you want, to just have tickets given to you for signing in?
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the whiniest thread I've ever seen. I've gotten both tickets + coffers every day in less than 10 mins total. Ashlander daily in Vvardenfell and Summerset WB. If you are too slow to get a tag in, then that's your fault. Even if I have to wait 3 mins for the boss to spawn, it's dead in < 60 secs. Not sure what some of you want, to just have tickets given to you for signing in?

While I agree this event is not time consuming, I think their point about not wanting to hit multiple zones does not mean they just want it automatically for signing in. They would simply rather do only one of the available event quests for all tickets, similar to New Life.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 23 January 2022 01:16
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s pretty uninspiring, as far as events go.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    It’s pretty uninspiring, as far as events go.

After a couple of years, they all are. They are simply meant to sell a few more copies of a DLC at half price, litter guild banks with useless junk and usually, throw the economy into a tailspin by either flooding it with or consuming vast amounts of expensive crafting materials.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.
    And getting the 3 items can be a pain. I know the boss drops at least one, but you won't get it if you don't get any boss drops!
    This is not correct. You get the quest items even if you don't get normal drops. You don't get quest items if you completely failed to damage the boss (if he is killed faster than you could damage him), but then it doesn't also progress the quest. That is from damage dealer perspective, don't know about progressing the quest for healers.

I know you can get them. It is still a pain since the respawn rate for them is very slow and highly contested! Perhaps you know of a place to get them outside the 3 in the room and 1 outside the door though.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    Especially considering the fact that you have to put in so much work and effort on event tickets.

At this point, I'm just wondering when zipping through a couple delves became "so much work and effort".

I assume you're new to this event stuff? It becomes a daily chore. It takes a total of 15 tickets to summon a pet... 10 additional tickets (40 tickets total) each to gather up core pieces to unlock the main item.... It takes a while.

Oh and not everyone has the wayshrine that's near the delve unlocked so it takes even more time to get there.

It is usually 30 more tickets to morph the base item (3x10) though the last one took 5x10 tickets. I started the PC version about 6 months ago and had to buy tickets to finish everything off before they went away for good. That was annoying.

Is it only a single 10 cost item for the morph this time? I started with 0 tickets, so I do not have any yet and didn't see.

(And my ongoing whine that my huge time sync for so many Indiriks are now exiled on the PS4, grrrr.....)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like all the other DLC promotions (aka zone events) this "event" is nothing but a reminder to buy VISITthe three DLCs featured

Fixed

LOL, very funny. :(

How do you visit the zones without buying them first? This is just the infamous ESO FOMO marketing we can see in so many other areas inj this game. People who already have access to the zones aren't really the target audience. It's no coincidence that all three DLCs are offered at half price in the store during this sales promotion, is it?
    Also, two of them are Chapters. So for anyone who's purchased the Collected version of the game in the last several years, they can get both tickets.

Again, people who already have access to the zones are certainly not the ones this thing is aimed at.

But at least we get some shinies for grinding bosses and delves now. Or in some cases we get an opportunity to actually beat world bosses.

The Vvardenfel (sp?) shrines for the event are good at times and horrible at others.

Getting the daily Ashlander quests to show up takes some work. I only just figured it all out yesterday, though I haven't done it yet.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

While I agree this event is not time consuming, I think their point about not wanting to hit multiple zones does not mean they just want it automatically for signing in. They would simply rather do only one of the available event quests for all tickets, similar to New Life.

He also didn't note the time (and challenge) required to get the Ashlander quests to show up. That was probably done a long time ago for him, but is trickier for new players. Not hard, just unclear until you figure it out.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially considering the fact that you have to put in so much work and effort on event tickets.

At this point, I'm just wondering when zipping through a couple delves became "so much work and effort".

I assume you're new to this event stuff? It becomes a daily chore.

Been playing since 2016. These events seem pretty low effort. /shrug
    It takes a total of 15 tickets to summon a pet... 10 additional tickets (40 tickets total) each to gather up core pieces to unlock the main item.... It takes a while.

I had 12 tickets saved up from last event, so I had the pet yesterday. And I don't care about the skin, so I'll just be stocking up to 12 tickets so I can skip PvP Mayhem.

(Meanwhile, I'll be happily doing the dailies for the event boxes. The tickets are a bonus, not the sole reason to do the thing. Plus double delve boss drops & daily rewards are helping fill in my set book, double harvest nodes, etc. And it's a reason for me to bring alts that haven't done much in those zones to get some more quests done. Win, win, win. )
    Oh and not everyone has the wayshrine that's near the delve unlocked so it takes even more time to get there.

But that's true of all the events. And is frequently more annoying in the More Interesting Events, since you end up running to more zones. Running alts up the length of Auridon for Jester's, all over for New Life... took awhile in previous years.

Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    There’s no theme to this event. It might sound stupid but it doesnt feel like an event.
    I hope you are aware that there is the Daedric War questline starting in Vvardenfell and ending in Summerset (the main feature of both chapters and the DLC).
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Doing world bosses in Clockwork city is not that fast, when it is prime time, but rather fast with less people around.

Problem with this is that there's only two world bosses and 30ish players waiting for the spawn. For some reason ZOS decided it would be a good idea to cap the loot at 12 players. Why? Who knows. It makes no sense.
    Yes, it is the problem, that's why finishing the set collection is better done not in prime time.
    Vardenfall is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.

Huh. While there's a little walking, I've always found the Vivec ones pretty simple.

To pick up: go to the Vivec wayshrine, jump the wall, into the Hall of Justice. Back to the wayshrine.
    To drop off: teleport from delve to Vivec apartment. Go out onto the balcony, around the corner, and into the door to the upper level. Drop off.

Pretty straightforward?

No, to me it's not. I can see the daily quest markers on my map but trying to figure out which door to go in and which hall to take to get to them just to end up running around in circles isn't worth the frustration. That is the worst laid out city in the game.
    Just do it two times to remember it.
    World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.
    And getting the 3 items can be a pain. I know the boss drops at least one, but you won't get it if you don't get any boss drops!
    This is not correct. You get the quest items even if you don't get normal drops. You don't get quest items if you completely failed to damage the boss (if he is killed faster than you could damage him), but then it doesn't also progress the quest. That is from damage dealer perspective, don't know about progressing the quest for healers.

I know you can get them. It is still a pain since the respawn rate for them is very slow and highly contested! Perhaps you know of a place to get them outside the 3 in the room and 1 outside the door though.
    You get 2 or 3 tickets from the boss, then another two (you need only one, but you will have two) on the way back (on the bridge or right after the bridge of both sides of the slope, the quest arrow shows from far away). If you are very unlucky and everything is taken, then downside near the water. It is much better than in previous events, when only 1 item was given and there was no guarantee from the boss.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the daily quest markers on my map but trying to figure out which door to go in and which hall to take to get to them just to end up running around in circles isn't worth the frustration. That is the worst laid out city in the game.

I am not going to Vivec City to do dailies so I can learn where the daily quest givers are hidden. Doing it "two times to remember it" doesn't work if you don't know how you finally found them after circling around several times first. And I'm certainly not going to go through it for a once a year event I don't even care about.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the daily quest markers on my map but trying to figure out which door to go in and which hall to take to get to them just to end up running around in circles isn't worth the frustration. That is the worst laid out city in the game.

I am not going to Vivec City to do dailies so I can learn where the daily quest givers are hidden. Doing it "two times to remember it" doesn't work if you don't know how you finally found them after circling around several times first. And I'm certainly not going to go through it for a once a year event I don't even care about.

Fair enough. I learned it because I did the dailies way back when I got Morrowind+Summerest. It was part of questing the zone, so I did it.
    (ditto with the Ashlander dailies - they'd be easier for you, since they're not in Vivec... but they only unlock once you've done certain Morrowind quests, so if you've never done the zone, they're not easier.)

edit: of course, none of this matters, because it's an "event you don't even care about"... /shrug
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 23 January 2022 16:52
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: of course, none of this matters, because it's an "event you don't even care about"... /shrug

I did get the dragon pet so I can have it flying around my castle at Doomchar and now I need to fill my tickets back up in case the next event has items I want to purchase. So I am stuck with Clockwork City dailies that are annoying but at least I can easily find the quest givers.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if you don't know how you found them, then you should at least know how to go from them to the nearest wayshrine (and then reverse the way to know how to find them in the first place).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like most of the events because the Impresario rarely has anything I care about for sale. It seems to me they could offer a couple of furnishing items with each event for those of us who don't care about the rest of it.

I'm at that stage now. I don't like the armour offering, meh on the transformative items this year and the goodies in the boxes arent all that.

I'm just swinging on, collecting tix and going over to swtor or trying to finish the deadlands rather than grinding it out
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if you don't know how you found them, then you should at least know how to go from them to the nearest wayshrine (and then reverse the way to know how to find them in the first place).

I am not going to subject myself to something I find completely aggravating for a once a year event.
    PCNA
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The quest starter for this event was a bit confusing for new players. Chats had a few players asking and responding to questions about “Why haven’t I got tickets? I did the wood elf quest.” Had to explain to one person and copied pasted @BenevolentBowd website for them.
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The quest starter for this event was a bit confusing for new players. Chats had a few players asking and responding to questions about “Why haven’t I got tickets? I did the wood elf quest.” Had to explain to one person and copied pasted @BenevolentBowd website for them.

Be careful with that, they will slap a social ban on you in a hot second for posting URL's in game chat.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't unlocked the north Vvardenfel dailies. I did what I thought was the precursor, but they still don't show up. VERY ANNOYING!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    the worst part is the ridiculously slow respawn time on bosses, by the time they are up there are so many people waiting you can nearly get anything counted or so many people the system crashes. it takes forever to complete one character dailies because of the endless waiting for respawning.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the worst part is the ridiculously slow respawn time on bosses, by the time they are up there are so many people waiting you can nearly get anything counted or so many people the system crashes. it takes forever to complete one character dailies because of the endless waiting for respawning.

That is why a "respawn when a certain number of people are waiting" after a very short delay is needed, especially during an event. Or just override the respawn timer during the event for relevant bosses to respawn in 30 seconds.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Be careful with that, they will slap a social ban on you in a hot second for posting URL's in game chat.

Really? There goes for helping out new players. Thanks for the warning though.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The respawn time for world bosses is, I think, 10 minutes. For the daily quest to get Event Tickets, you basically need to just be there and participating. You get credit for killing the boss even if you do not get loot. Not getting loot sucks, when it happens, but it is what it is. If you are just looking for quest completion, you can move on.

What annoys me is the daily delve quest in Archon's Grove where everyone competes for the same flowers. I have been known to drop that one and try for a different quest.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Colllect the pet parts (this one looks way better than a flaming basketball, btw.)
    • Assemble the pet.
    • Collect a second set of pet parts. (Be ahead for the next morph.)
    • Collect extra tickets up to 12 (Be ahead for any other parts you want to buy as soon as they land.)

They're all carrot chases in some form or another, but I guess it does get people playing and refreshing some portions of the content.

They're just a more involved version of any other daily, honestly. As people have said, you can plan ahead and have multiple characters have dailies ready to turn in for when most events land, if you so choose.

It's only a rush if you want it to be. It's only a requirement if you want it to be.

If you don't want the items or the tickets, you can skip it, or you can buy tickets from the crown store.

While some may feel some sense of obligation to collect (it's 'free' after all), I promise you won't lose any sleep over any item not collected.

I doubt I'll be collecting the skin, for instance. It just doesn't look that good to me.

TL;DR: If you don't want to sweat it, don't.

(At least this one gives you the option of Clockwork or Morrowind, so you're likely not content locked if you don't have the DLC.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Colllect the pet parts (this one looks way better than a flaming basketball, btw.)
    • Assemble the pet.
    • Collect extra tickets up to 12 (Be ahead for any other parts you want to buy as soon as they land.)

They're all carrot chases in some form or another, but I guess it does get people playing and refreshing some portions of the content.

I actually don't mind this type of thing, as the quest designers can get super annoying, if they want.

However, the flying dragon pet... saying it is "way better" is really underselling it.
    Edited by Elsonso on 24 January 2022 02:29
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Assemble the pet.

I actually don't mind this type of thing, as the quest designers can get super annoying, if they want.

However, the flying dragon pet... saying it is "way better" is really underselling it.

I love that pet. I'm not that enamored by the skin but will still collect it in case my Argonian looks good in it.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Assemble the pet.

They're just a more involved version of any other daily, honestly.

Why are people so focused on the tickets as if they're the only thing in the event?
    These zone events are great for collecting/gathering all the other stuff that exists in those zones. Sets, crafting materials, motifs...

Even if I didn't buy anything with tickets, I'd still do the events (like I did for two years of Indriks that I ignored, with my tickets maxed out at 12 for much of that time).
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 24 January 2022 03:17
    Options
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't unlocked the north Vvardenfel dailies. I did what I thought was the precursor, but they still don't show up. VERY ANNOYING!
    The quest is from a dunmer guy, juuust outside Ald-ruhn, he has some ancestor issues for you, then you complete the quest and remember to visit the north-west ashlander camp to activate the dailies.
    Edited by InaMoonlight on 24 January 2022 03:38
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Options