The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am not a fan of this event

Massive_Stain
Massive_Stain
✭✭✭✭
Are you? This is a huge and pointless time sink. 1 ticket for completing a daily, which takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the type of daily and, if the daily is a wb, if you got there just after it was killed.

I have other things like work to focus on, instead of jumping zone to zone for the slow trickle of these event tickets, and that's a shame really. It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day, and not be forced to stay on longer than an hour on a work day.

I probably won't be participating in this event, even though I want to. I just don't have the time to do it in the way these people set it up. Lame.
PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well almost every event have some minimum time gates to get the ticket, it's not much different here. Getting 2 tickets in 20 mins max is pretty okay for an mmo I'd say, you aren't forced to do every activity available in it, for others it's a good chance to get back to their favourite dlc in the way they prefer or just simply finish sticker book etc.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well almost every event have some minimum time gates to get the ticket, it's not much different here. Getting 2 tickets in 20 mins max is pretty okay for an mmo I'd say, you aren't forced to do every activity available in it, for others it's a good chance to get back to their favourite dlc in the way they prefer or just simply finish sticker book etc.

I think in this case you'd be lucky to get 2 tickets in 20 minutes max. Considering you need to travel between two zones, and if you don't have the way shrines, well... Good luck. I mean, between respawn timers, server congestion, other priorities such as writs etc.. it's unfortunate they set this event up like this.

The last event took all of 10 minutes maximum to get all three for the day, so I'm not sure why you are rationalizing this behavior.
    Edited by Massive_Stain on 21 January 2022 10:01
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it like me - ignore pretty much any event - you will be so much more happy. Do I miss out on something - no, because I do not even have an idea what it might offer me - not that I even want to know, I'm not eager to get chores attached to me forcing me to do stuff, I don't want to do in the first place.
    Edited by Lysette on 21 January 2022 10:08
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have to do this every day to get tickets?

SHlLTpQ.png

Is this just the introductory quest and then it gets better?

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 21 January 2022 10:32
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want the glowing scale skin? (You can see it on 2 NPCs near the Impressario.)

If so then you will need to do the event because it's unlikely you'll be able to get enough tickets for the pet and the skin from later ones. If not skip it or just do a bit and get tickets from something else later on.

Like you I'm not very enthusiastic about it. 'Events' which just give some extra drops from the same content that's in the game all year round aren't interesting to me, especially as I've done all these daily quests multiple times before. I much prefer ones like New Life and the Jester's festival which have their own content, although even those are pretty basic compared to other games.

I also don't think I want the skin. It's something I might use occasionally on my argonian, but I don't think it's worth the hassle to get it. So I'm going to mostly skip this event. I've got 2 fragments for the pet and did 2 quests yesterday to get up to 4 tickets. I'm going to miss the next 3 days anyway because I'm leaving straight after work and won't be home until Monday and after that I'll see what I feel like doing but I might just get back up to 10 tickets and then wait for the next event.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Do you have to do this every day to get tickets?

SHlLTpQ.png

Is this just the introductory quest and then it gets better?

No. You don't have to do that at all. You can do a daily quest in Summerset and a daily quest in either Morrowind or Clockwork City for two tickets. The intro quest doesn't even grant tickets.
  • GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    Are you? This is a huge and pointless time sink. 1 ticket for completing a daily, which takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the type of daily and, if the daily is a wb, if you got there just after it was killed.

I have other things like work to focus on, instead of jumping zone to zone for the slow trickle of these event tickets, and that's a shame really. It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day, and not be forced to stay on longer than an hour on a work day.

I probably won't be participating in this event, even though I want to. I just don't have the time to do it in the way these people set it up. Lame.

Alright first of.

Nobody is forcing your to participate in the event.

"This is a huge and pointless time sink" Yea, its what most videogames are at the end of the day.

If you have other things to do like work etc then yea, that also goes for most people. You choose what you want to prioritize.
    "It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day" Well yes, you can do one and be done for the day. Thats entirly up to you how much you want to do.

Time and time again people complain about event and how they want the rewards for doing as little as possible. Why? Just like irl when you said you had to focus on work. It works the same in the game, you want something, go and earn it.

If you don't want to participate in this event then thats your choice. If you dont have the time to do it, then yea it sucks, but thats the reality of most things in life. You might feel like that its lame bcs doesnt fit your scheduele but the game isnt tailored to you or anyone else. Its made for everyone and tailored to no one.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 1 wb daily in Clockwork city and 1 in Summerset. My main character had already unlocked dailies and wayshrines in both zones. Took total 15 minutes.

World bosses respawn in around 5 minutes after being killed.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess the event is aiming at making players play some "forgotten" content. Or when have you done a Vvardenfell delve or visited a clockwork forge for the last time?

It is a nice idea to break the routine of daily dungeons and raids plus if we get some event tickets for that, it's even better.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do it quick.

1. Delve quest in summerset, these are really quick and you don't need to kill the delve boss.
    2. Ashlander daily in Vardenfall. Again really quick and you aren't waiting for anything to spawn.

Total time spent probably 10 minutes.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to get tickets, you can still enjoy the double node drops in the three zones. Any mob and any node has a random chance to drop the purple coffers with rewards in them. I've been farming the heck out of Vvardenfell because almost no one else is farming there, most people are in Summerset <3 Been working on achievements like killing 100 cliffracers and enjoying all the loot.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me this is great event. Doing daily quests on Summerset is fast and fun. Doing world bosses in Clockwork city is not that fast, when it is prime time, but rather fast with less people around. It is also great time to finish the set collections of the event zones.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

1. Delve quest in summerset, these are really quick and you don't need to kill the delve boss.
    2. Ashlander daily in Vardenfall. Again really quick and you aren't waiting for anything to spawn.

That's a helpful post, I appreciate that.
    GOAT4EVAR wrote: »

Time and time again people complain about event and how they want the rewards for doing as little as possible. Why? Just like irl when you said you had to focus on work. It works the same in the game, you want something, go and earn it.

This game is a game, not irl, not a job, and I don't get paid to bring up the login time metrics. Which is exactly why this event is structured in this way. It's not for anyone's benefit but ZOS.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got a picture of the skin?
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you don't like the event.... don't participate. Easy
    PC-EU
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am loving it.
    I have a little OCD where I want all the world bosses on all my alts (17 unlocked); that way I can do the story and delves at my leisure.
    Each alt has a back story and plays in their own way.
    I am trying to be a little more in control and so I have let plus go on my second (and third) account and I am not playing on the other server at all.... well at the moment at least.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last event took all of 10 minutes maximum to get all three for the day, so I'm not sure why you are rationalizing this behavior.

Well, there's no rule that says all events must be exactly the same in their specifics. I don't like the split of the tickets either, but 10-20 minutes is not unreasonable. Plus, if you don't have any time at all for events, a good idea is that when they announce the event, you can do some dailies on your alts here and there when you have time, and then submit them after the event starts, so you can save som time.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got a picture of the skin?

I don't, but you can see them in the game. There's 2 NPCs standing next to the Impressario showing off the skins. (The pet is there too.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me personly I havent been excited for an event for quite a while.. I log in grab my tickets as quick as possible and move on.

I Think my lack of excitement is mostly due to the reward coffers (Gold one excluded) being very lackluster IMO..

You do a task for 5 or 10 rubedite ingots… I mean its something, but I can get better rewards playing some other aspect of the game.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tickets are easy.

Do the world boss ones, camp at the boss till it's up, drop an aoe, dead in 3 seconds.

The rest of the event is boring to me personally. So I'll do them for tickets some more in first few days to get some things that will sell for like a day before becoming worthless, then just not bother.

Which is fine. Not every event needs to be for everyone.

Even the tickets can be skipped if you're not interested in cosmetic things that everyone will have anyway.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Danikat
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this event also provide double drops from trials? If you don't have all nAS weapons, you should consider running a few now.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not bothered about the skin, so I'll collect the 3 parts for the pet and wait until the next even to see if it's something worth getting for me.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭

If just do one of the Ashlanders dailies and the Delve daily in Summerset I can't see it taking more than 10 minutes.
    EmperorIl wrote: »

[snip]

I honestly don't see them making much with selling tickets, the big golden geese are other things (and the end-year event gave so many tickets people would've easily catched up on most of those timed stuff, I ended it with 12 tickets and repair kits), and coming up with innovative things would mean taking time away from the next chapter. Personally I like this event because it forces me back to areas I would have little reason to go back to but enjoy nonetheless, although the WB dailies could use some tuning and perhaps instancing.

Also these events more than double the rewards you get (because there are also those purple boxes on top of the other doubling), which makes them lucrative - time is money after all. So if anything it's the opposite of a time sink.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 21 January 2022 13:32
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

These are what I am doing.
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been farming the heck out of Vvardenfell because almost no one else is farming there, most people are in Summerset <3 Been working on achievements like killing 100 cliffracers and enjoying all the loot.
    The secret to Farm Club, is not telling your preferred locations.

(logs in..)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The events are a chance to do something different and break up monotonous game play habits.

I admit that the split between Summerset, Vvardenfell, and Clockwork City for the event tickets is annoying. It also seems to cause confusion because it is Summerset for one and _Vvardenfell _or_ Clockwork City for the other.

World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.

If there isn't a small city camped out at the world boss, the delve ones are my next preferred one, in all three zones. As a bonus, the delve boss will drop an event box, not that this is a reason to go out of the way.

I take the Clockwork resource gathering quests, but this is mainly because I will collect those resources over a few days while doing the other ones. Part two of those quests can be cranked out in a few minutes, and is almost no extra time if it is in a delve that I am in for another quest. (I do not take the Clockwork crow daily)

The Vvardenfell Ashlander quests are easy, but depend on completing quests to unlock them. Even if I can get them, I don't usually do them unless I have another reason, like leveling MIrri rapport.

I just avoid the Geysers, entirely. Waste of time.

In the end, I am doing multiple daily quests at the same time, but only handing in the two that are required for event tickets. That means some days I spend more time in the game doing event stuff, and other times it is just in and out. This is mainly because the rewards after that goes down hill rapidly. There seems to be a Tamriel-wide joke that if unwanted trash and rubbish is put into a box, some adventurer will come along and take it.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    The tickets are easy.
    Do the world boss ones, camp at the boss till it's up, drop an aoe, dead in 3 seconds.

I just want to point out that this depends on other players killing the world boss in 3 seconds. If they can't, it will take a little longer. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did the seven daily quests between Summerset and Clockwork city this morning within 40 minutes. That includes a side step into stonefalls to run through a delve and kill dwemer automatons for today's Endeavor. 40 minutes for 7 quests though is under 6 minutes per quest. Most of the dailies for these zones don't even require boss kills, they are just quick collection runs. And even in summerset, the geyser dailies are super easy now that you can literally see which one is up on your map, did all 3 geysers in under 10 minutes.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Do it like me - ignore pretty much any event - you will be so much more happy. Do I miss out on something - no, because I do not even have an idea what it might offer me - not that I even want to know, I'm not eager to get chores attached to me forcing me to do stuff, I don't want to do in the first place.

this!
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I just avoid the Geysers, entirely. Waste of time.
    The geysers are not bad since ZOS made that change several updates ago that shows which one is up. I travel by wayshrine to the one that is up, help the mob of players close it, then rinse, repeat.
    jaws343 wrote: »
    And even in summerset, the geyser dailies are super easy now that you can literally see which one is up on your map, did all 3 geysers in under 10 minutes.
    I haven't timed it, but that sounds right.