The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I am not a fan of this event

• RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Do you want the glowing scale skin? (You can see it on 2 NPCs near the Impressario.)

Not much glowing going on with that scale skin over there... I'm not impressed by it... Especially considering the fact that you have to put in so much work and effort on event tickets. I think I'm going to pass this round.
    Options
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just getting tired of too many events. Every other week when i log in to the game a message on the screen says:"LOOK AT THE NEW SHINIES FELLOW KIDS, you can earn them by doing the same boring thing for the next 10 days and if you miss it they will be gone forever"

I'm getting really close to the point of saying [snip] it and start to ignore them alltogether. Less events with more and better rewards would be better in my opinion.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 22 January 2022 11:20
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.
    And getting the 3 items can be a pain. I know the boss drops at least one, but you won't get it if you don't get any boss drops!
    This is not correct. You get the quest items even if you don't get normal drops. You don't get quest items if you completely failed to damage the boss (if he is killed faster than you could damage him), but then it doesn't also progress the quest. That is from damage dealer perspective, don't know about progressing the quest for healers.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not terribly fan of the events because they all seem the same these days, just the location that change.
    But for the time it takes, that's not the problem . I have unlocked the crow daily in CWC, and got in the habit of keeping a pile of the stuff they want whenever i loot some, so it's a instant ticket : get quest, hand in quest, be happy.
    Summerset delve or WB are fast, the only long one is the geysers but you don't need to do it.
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    . Good luck. I mean, between respawn timers, server congestion, other priorities such as writs etc.. it's unfortunate they set this event up like this.

The last event took all of 10 minutes maximum to get all three for the day, so I'm not sure why you are rationalizing this behavior.

Deciding to do writs is not part of the event. Doing the last event also took a long time if you had no wayshrines, and thr Vvardenfell dailies are better about that thanks to the Silt Strider can take you to wayshrines you don't have yet.

The new event is not much different in time than the old one. You can't really expect them all to be exactly the same.

That is a fair point concerning the silt striders, as Vardenfell is ridiculously large in scope. However, writs are essential to a new player - I technically am new to the platform I am playing on currently. That being said, my normal routine already takes a mountain of time and I only really log in during the early morning hours before work and occasionally at night or on weekends.

This event could have been put together better. Even just making the double nodes in those three DLC zones and allowing you to collect 3 tickets for completing a daily in one of the three would have still had people going to the zones, and would have given a bit more choice to the event too.

I don't quite understand how there is no lack of choice. You have 11 dailies to choose 2 from. Choose 2 of the easiest to do and move on. It takes less than 10 minutes to do. Do the node collection one in Clockwork and one of the Ashlander ones in Vvardenfel, like the hunter one that has you go and kill 1 beast.

If you notice, the event is designed to make you get 1 ticket from a Chapter zone (Summer/Vard) and the other ticket from a DLC Zone (Clock). It's working fine, as fine as it was working last year.

Your last bit about tickets is unclear, as it could make people think they don’t have to do Summerset dailies, which they do.

1 ticket Vvardenfell or Clockwork City dailies
    1 ticket Summerset dailies
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    Especially considering the fact that you have to put in so much work and effort on event tickets.

At this point, I'm just wondering when zipping through a couple delves became "so much work and effort".
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like any other event to me honestly. Pretty much all the events that require quest dailies require boss to be killed in x area or items to be gathered from a spot in x area. I will say though I would've loved a third ticket from Clockwork city or maybe they could extend the event cause I feel like we won't get enough tickets :lol:
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the crow quest for an very fast ticket, then I tend to do an delve in Summerset for the second on an alt who miss them.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quickest quest is the Crow daily in Clockwork city. Get quest, collect required items from banker, hand in quest.
    For months we've known this event was coming so I filled my bank with the trash that the crows like. Then off to Summerset where you can choose a world boss quest
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if events were actually well thought out and implemented events and not just do daily in X zone for Y amount of tickets.
    Some people do dailies... well, ya know.. Daily.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you? This is a huge and pointless time sink. 1 ticket for completing a daily, which takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the type of daily and, if the daily is a wb, if you got there just after it was killed.

I have other things like work to focus on, instead of jumping zone to zone for the slow trickle of these event tickets, and that's a shame really. It's a shame that you can't do ONE, and be done for the day, and not be forced to stay on longer than an hour on a work day.

I probably won't be participating in this event, even though I want to. I just don't have the time to do it in the way these people set it up. Lame.

Yeah i just do the vvanderfell dailys. 1 ticket a day is enough for me. But i do it nostly for the coffer
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    World bosses are easy when there are 50,000 people standing there. You won't get any loot from the boss, but you will get quest credit for showing up. Clockwork City world bosses are better than Vvardenfell.

Not necessarily. I got in the room in Clockwork City and they were burning down the boss, but I couldn't get my lightning staff to fire in time. And getting the 3 items can be a pain. I know the boss drops at least one, but you won't get it if you don't get any boss drops! They spawn really slow in the room and lots of people pounce on them. More may be outside, but I have only see 1 by the door in once.

I find the Clockwork City world bosses to be best because they are right next to wayshrines and are easy in, easy out. On top of that, there are just two of them, so when people do the world bosses, they are not split up as much. This is useful when the event participation starts to drop off.

The problem with "I couldn't get my lightning staff to find in time" is starting to really annoy me. By the time we dig through our pack, find the staff, check it for splinters, make sure that the varnish doesn't need to be touched up, and then figure out which end is the business end... so much time has passed that we are in the 3rd Era and it doesn't matter. :smile:

The other things that need to be found or done for both of those bosses can be done outside.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no theme to this event. It might sound stupid but it doesnt feel like an event.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    There’s no theme to this event. It might sound stupid but it doesnt feel like an event.

Well, like I said - it's an outgrowth of the old DLC Anniversary Events. Back in the day, we'd just have "Thieves Guild Event" which was "Go to the TG zone, and do TG things for extra rewards!" Or the Wrothgar Event, where we'd go to Wrothgar and do Wrothgar things for extra rewards.

But there's too many DLC now (and they come out around the same dates), so they're changing it to be "Story Arc Anniversary" instead.

So it's Vardenfel, Clockwork City, and Summerset; which were all part of the Daedric War chapter/DLC storyline. The other ones (Elsweyr, Skyrim, etc) should be more cohesive, since their chapter/dungeons/DLC were much more connected.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it is a little annoying that it takes so much time to complete these per ticket, relative to other events. If they're really committed to making it one ticket per quest, I wish they would at least change it to any 2 out of the 3 zones, rather than the 1 Summerset, 1 Vvardenfall or Clockwork City. I felt the same way about the Year One event as well.

That being said, I have learned with these events that it's best to plan ahead and prestack your quests over the week or two before the event. I'm always super busy at work on Thursdays and Fridays, and therefore too exhausted to play much at night, so I was able to pre-complete enough of the quests to only hand them in and get the full number of tickets (and pick up a new quest) each day. Granted, it's always so busy and laggy the first few days of an event that it took me almost half an hour per server just to log in and out to hand in quests from alts who were already standing right next to the quest giver, but at least I could do that mindlessly while doing other things at the same time.

I'll have time to do new quests each day over this weekend, and hopefully pre-complete enough to turn in Monday. Then I'll be able to do the same thing next weekend. That's... 8 days/16 tickets? Which is more than enough to buy all the fragments for the new pet. I don't care about the dragon scales skin, so I don't need that fragment, and I've already picked up the gloam gryphon fledgling pet runebox on one server. So if I have time to do quests during the week next week, it's just a bonus to carry over for next time.
    Edited by amapola76 on 22 January 2022 18:59
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I agree that it is a little annoying that it takes so much time to complete these per ticket, relative to other events. If they're really committed to making it one ticket per quest, I wish they would at least change it to any 2 out of the 3 zones, rather than the 1 Summerset, 1 Vvardenfall or Clockwork City.

This. The world bosses go down too fast so I do the delve dailies. Clockwork City dailies are annoying because you have to run around the zone looking for resources. Vvardenfell is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 January 2022 21:10
    PCNA
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, all the events are a time sink. I think that's the point, to encourage people to play the game and do activities they might normally avoid b/c they are stale to them now. (Not that it makes it fun, it's still pretty stale, but it gives players rewards and a chance to complete stuff in areas that might normally need a group to fight for new players or alts.)

But yea, sometimes one event is a bit more boring than the next.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Doing world bosses in Clockwork city is not that fast, when it is prime time, but rather fast with less people around.

Problem with this is that there's only two world bosses and 30ish players waiting for the spawn. For some reason ZOS decided it would be a good idea to cap the loot at 12 players. Why? Who knows. It makes no sense.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay more flappy pets at crafting stations
    Yawn.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
    Options
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for an XP buff for doing the intro quest but instead got a lot of boxes with junk in them. What made it worse was the zone hopping. I thought that was pretty lame for the reward. Those boxes didn't have one thing I could use because of the RNG.
    Edited by Castagere on 22 January 2022 20:12
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vardenfall is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.

Huh. While there's a little walking, I've always found the Vivec ones pretty simple.

To pick up: go to the Vivec wayshrine, jump the wall, into the Hall of Justice. Back to the wayshrine.
    To drop off: teleport from delve to Vivec apartment. Go out onto the balcony, around the corner, and into the door to the upper level. Drop off.

Pretty straightforward?
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 22 January 2022 20:26
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I made the mistake of doing a daily in Vvardenfell, "Culling the Swarm" from the Halls of Justice, defeat the Queens's Consort-that part was EZ, and unlike Clockwork City I actually got loot!, BUT, you also need to kill 8 kwama near the Egg Mine, and imagine like over a dozen people trying to get 8 kwama at the same time, then looking for the person to turn in at that maze called canton,it was quite frustrating, NEVER Again!

back to Clkwork city for the duration of this "Event"

I do not want the skin, it's just 50 shades of butt ugly imo, and the pet is very underwhelming (only getting it in hopes it can be morphed into something I do like eventually), will stop participating in this Zzzz Event, once I have full pet, and 12 tickets in inventory
    Edited by Blinx on 22 January 2022 21:27
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vardenfall is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.

Huh. While there's a little walking, I've always found the Vivec ones pretty simple.

To pick up: go to the Vivec wayshrine, jump the wall, into the Hall of Justice. Back to the wayshrine.
    To drop off: teleport from delve to Vivec apartment. Go out onto the balcony, around the corner, and into the door to the upper level. Drop off.

Pretty straightforward?

No, to me it's not. I can see the daily quest markers on my map but trying to figure out which door to go in and which hall to take to get to them just to end up running around in circles isn't worth the frustration. That is the worst laid out city in the game.
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 January 2022 20:52
    PCNA
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pretty confusing city. (ask me to find anything else, and it wouldn't be so easy. I guess repetition helps.)
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged in 3 times this month. Yesterday was one of them to get tickets. I didn't even finish before deciding to log out and play something else.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOk8Tm815lE
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

The event theme is the Daedric war storyline. The main quests of these 3 zones tell a story.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    Especially considering the fact that you have to put in so much work and effort on event tickets.

At this point, I'm just wondering when zipping through a couple delves became "so much work and effort".

I assume you're new to this event stuff? It becomes a daily chore. It takes a total of 15 tickets to summon a pet... 10 additional tickets (40 tickets total) each to gather up core pieces to unlock the main item.... It takes a while.

Oh and not everyone has the wayshrine that's near the delve unlocked so it takes even more time to get there.
    Options
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I agree that it is a little annoying that it takes so much time to complete these per ticket, relative to other events. If they're really committed to making it one ticket per quest, I wish they would at least change it to any 2 out of the 3 zones, rather than the 1 Summerset, 1 Vvardenfall or Clockwork City.

This. The world bosses go down too fast so I do the delve dailies. Clockwork City dailies are annoying because you have to run around the zone looking for resources. Vvardenfell is annoying because winding around in and out of buildings trying to find the daily quest givers is a royal pain. They couldn't have picked 2 worse zones.

Ashlander quests give tickets for Vvardenfell/CWC FYI, they're the quickest to do, not a single door in the way either.
    Options
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I put it here that MMOs are supposed to be time sinks.
    Options
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Like all the other DLC promotions (aka zone events) this "event" is nothing but a reminder to buy VISITthe three DLCs featured

Fixed

LOL, very funny. :(

How do you visit the zones without buying them first? This is just the infamous ESO FOMO marketing we can see in so many other areas inj this game. People who already have access to the zones aren't really the target audience. It's no coincidence that all three DLCs are offered at half price in the store during this sales promotion, is it?
    Also, two of them are Chapters. So for anyone who's purchased the Collected version of the game in the last several years, they can get both tickets.

Again, people who already have access to the zones are certainly not the ones this thing is aimed at.

But at least we get some shinies for grinding bosses and delves now. Or in some cases we get an opportunity to actually beat world bosses.

Options