The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    I hope i dont get banned for this but if now they would only get rid of cast times pvp would be even more fun. Ive always said this since the change there’s threads where ive said it before so [snip] i actually am serious.

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 13 March 2021 15:09
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    So for the first time in more than a week I tried the "no proc" Cyrodiil again. I went in with my stamcro to get my tier one geod so I didn't even bothered to change my "proc" gear that of course does not work, but who the hell cares.

The campaign is completly empty! This was never the case before at noon in the weekend, during the pandemic. There are almost no groups going and the map is completly stale.

So i played some solo to farm my tier 1. I took some resources then I went to Bruma and killed 3 nubs to solo take it.. I guess they will whine on the forums to nerf necro because I literally killed them in a no cp campaign with no proc sets and no 5 piece set bonuses at all...

Then I rided to Bleakers and started to solo take it. There was literelly nobody around... When I got the gate to half a StamDk came and we began to duel. And we dueled and we dueled for about 10 minutes until we both gave up and we started waving and dancing.. This "no proc" pvp is so much fun!!

Then went to Chal and took some more resources until I got ran over by a train of 3 sorcs in a team... Fun stuff..

Then I rezed at Sej and started riding to Alessia.. On the bridge I met another DK lost in the middle of a dead campaign and we dueled again for 10 minutes until we got bored, waved and we went our merry ways...

So this is the state "no proc" Cyro at the moment. An empty dead campaign where all duels end in stealmates and faction stacking is the only way to play the game.. If this "test" will continue for a couple more months it will make this game mode unpopular beyond recovery..

So @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler please acknowledge your mistake and revert Cyrodiil to the way it was before.. Where good players will still kill bad players but at least people will play it. Cyro was a core part of ESO since the begining. Please do not let it disappear !
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 13 March 2021 12:47
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Nice! That ridiculous anti-proc inquisition was a very vocal minority from the start. Balancing the overperforming sets was always the right solution. Glad this test is being reduced and looking forward to going back to real theorycrafting with Update 30. Here's hoping the campaigns aren't split between proc and no-proc.

Yeah, I'd much prefer them actually balance proc sets, than this multi campaign nonsense.
    What people who want separate campaigns don't understand, is that balancing the rest of the game, while you have so many different rulesets, would be impossible..

We already have multiple forms of pve and pvp to consider, including cp and no cp pvp, and classes can perform vastly differently in each environment.

The devs should be thinking about how to balance the game as a whole, but if there are 67differenf rulesets to play around with? Yeah good luck.

But now with almost no sets the balance is worst then ever. The procs sets were hidden how unbalanced the classes are.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Lol, we have a poll for a campaign without proc sets, 75% vote yes 19% and vote no
    which CLEARLY tells you that the majority of voters want a NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN

YET
    when some so called elite players, who are now getting their asses handed to them in Cyrodiil, complain ZOS crumble and change their plans.

WELL OK THEN, we will enjoy the next 3 months but seriously consider a campaign for the player with sets as they currently are.

My guild run attendance has tripled because the playing field has been levelled and were now really doing pvp, not mr. Johnny Ego Trip trying to wipe 1vXX groups for his YouTube channel, because proc sets make him near un-killable.

I have seen builds with health recovery in the unbelievable stat range, please ZOS consider that your so called elite player is only such that he plays in god tier mode BECAUSE HIS SETS MAKES HIM SO

LINK TO THE NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN POLL
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562062/add-a-no-proc-set-campaign-to-cyrodiil/p1

Why @ZOS_GinaBruno you don't give us these campaigns?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562062/add-a-no-proc-set-campaign-to-cyrodiil/p1

Almost everybody was in favor for a Non proc set campaign.

Not ban procs, but give us a option.

Now that ZOS did the insanity to ban our sets, some players are just ignoring the majority and wana keep Cyrodill without at least one Campaign with procs.

This is a selfishness disrespectful from the part of ZOS and some players here.

Just get you non proc sets campaign and let the others have their proc set campaign.

I play bought, I go to Cyrodill and I'm having fun.
    And I go to IC (where the best players are) and I have fun and I don't care to fight a werewolfs with a sniper in the back trying to take me down, this game give you a option to zerg, solo, to duo, to snipe, to proc, I don't care the way you play, if you are having fun do it, but let me play with my sets when I wana use proc and when I don't wana.

Gina has already said that they literally cannot have both proc and no-proc Cyro campaigns right now. That’s what they’re working on.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7153201#Comment_7153201

Thank you very much. But I already saw that.

So I will be honest.

Firt I don't trust ZOS anymore. What they did just don't deserve my trust and respect anymore.

Second they just got the wrong direction and they are ignoring the forum now.

If they were playing to have proc and no proc campaign they just just inform us that in the patch 31 they will give us the campaigns instead ban 95% of the sets.

In my opinion they should give us separate campaigns now. But if is true that they can't do it. They must revert the game to how was before this messy bringing back the proc sets and next patch they implement the separated campaigns.

Ban almost all our sets it is wrong.

We having talking with our guilds, players on social media, everywhere and we are canceling plus, refunding dlcs, not buying dlcs and not spending any penny in this game anymore until ZOZ bring our sets back
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on 13 March 2021 18:44
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! That ridiculous anti-proc inquisition was a very vocal minority from the start. Balancing the overperforming sets was always the right solution. Glad this test is being reduced and looking forward to going back to real theorycrafting with Update 30. Here's hoping the campaigns aren't split between proc and no-proc.

Yeah, I'd much prefer them actually balance proc sets, than this multi campaign nonsense.
    What people who want separate campaigns don't understand, is that balancing the rest of the game, while you have so many different rulesets, would be impossible..

We already have multiple forms of pve and pvp to consider, including cp and no cp pvp, and classes can perform vastly differently in each environment.

The devs should be thinking about how to balance the game as a whole, but if there are 67differenf rulesets to play around with? Yeah good luck.

Balancing the game around 500 sets and millions of combinations is already impossible.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

First, we want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide so much valuable feedback regarding our decision to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil until Update 31. We understand this is a very polarizing topic and while many of you like this direction, we acknowledge that there are just as many who do not. When we had the last Cyrodiil test activated, we did initially get a lot of positive feedback surrounding the removal of item set procs in Cyrodiil, and from a technical standpoint, it made sense for us to leave proc sets disabled until we were able to complete some additional necessary work for Update 31. We also recognize that disabling proc sets in the long term generated a lot more concern than the three-week test we initially proposed, and that this sudden change in the timeline was quite jarring.

We’ve spent a lot of time discussing our options to improve the experience in the short term. We still plan to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil and will instead reduce the duration of this change until Update 30. With the Update 30 launch, we will then re-enable all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil alongside some additional planned proc set work (we'll provide details in the Update 30 Combat Preview). In Update 31, we still plan to add more flexibility and customizable campaign rulesets as it relates to item sets, and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

For those of you on console, you can expect to see item set procs disabled in Cyrodiil this Tuesday, March 16, once Update 29 launches. Any subsequent changes will follow the schedule outlined above.

Again, we greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on these proposed changes and the related timeline. We want to ensure that you can still play the way you want and have fun in PvP, and we hope that these revised plans strike a better balance for everyone both in the short and long-term.

Cool update, I was happy with 6 months but cool the team have found a middle ground so everyone happy.

I think this will breath live into cyro and change things up alot. Well seen the decent players Vs the sweaty builds now clear as day.

Looking forward to the 16th
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler please acknowledge your mistake and revert Cyrodiil to the way it was before.. Where good players will still kill bad players but at least people will play it. Cyro was a core part of ESO since the begining. Please do not let it disappear !

They already reduced the duration from 6 to 3 months. Give them one update cycle to figure out what to do with proc sets in regard of PvP. I‘m sure you’ll survive and still have fun. And during that time you can try Cyrodiil with a MagCro or MagDen and not with the usual overpowered Stamina spec and eventually make those underperforming specs work as well - wouldn’t that be a victory and feel good?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does "deactivating prog sets" mean that proc sets (e. g. new moon acolyth) are completely disabled, even if you only wear 2, 3 or 4 pieces of a prog set? Or ist only the 5th set bonus of a prog set been deactivated (which means you can further wear up to 4 pices of a prog set)?

I play on console (ps4) where the alterations haven't been released yet. Sorry, if this question was already answered.

No. Only the proc effects do not work. Regular max stat buffs apply as regularly, so you could still wear 4 piece of NMA
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

there are 2 issues about toying with the idea of bringing them back.
    1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.

Crimson and unfathomable darkness are trash for any half serious PVPer.. Tried them just to test what everybody was talking about and they proved to be very bad.. Why don't you just get them and try them out see how "good" they are...

Yeah so we'll take your word over the emperical knowledge we've all gained by playing tons of PvP ourselves. How do we know you're not just really bad at PvP and that's the reason you couldn't get that setup to work?
  • Francesca
    Francesca
    Soul Shriven
    There's a lot to improve. This forum, for example, doesn't really help to find even the devs comments, the tracker brings up too many irrelevant hits, very hard to follow the conversation.

There are many so-called pvp sets that we get as rewards, I don't think I've seen anyone wearing them in a long time, it's definitely time to upgrade those.
    I'm glad that at least some of the pvp community's requests get through, not just adding more dlcs never-ending. As many said before me, you need to find a way to communicate with your regular players. You already have a lot of "customers" in them but, as it seems, you don't play the game so you don't really see from the end user perspective how the changes affect the gameplay. It's sales 1.1 that you keep the existing customers, which should include the pvp players as well, not just re-colored non-combat pets every month. (Sorry, not sorry.)

I have a feeling that you know what you should do to improve the performance but that's too expensive and laborious. A unique style of pvp was created in this game, which could still attract a lot of people. Unfortunately, they were placed on the back shelf and seems it is the project that no one wants to own at ZOS.

You need to learn from previous experience, I see the same things repeated again and again. Let's add more dlc and more sets aaand non combat pets. Oh, the pets are too much in cyro, nvm. Add more dlc and sets. Oh, that's too much again, nvm, we'll disable that too.

This may sound like a bit of a rant but it's many years of gameplay, fun and frustration included. There's still a lot of potential in this game. Blocking the proc sets might be the first step towards bettering the pvp, might work temporarily but we all know it can't be, and won't be, a long term solution.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But now with almost no sets the balance is worst then ever. The procs sets were hidden how unbalanced the classes are.

Yes they will have to address the fact that being successful in a 1v1 or 1vX situation requires that a character is able to time a burst of damage in a small window (usually with a stun thrown in) to get kills and some classes just aren't designed to be able to do that as well as others.
    Sorc, Necro, and Warden all have an advantage with instant cast high damage burst abilities on delays that allow them to stack damage with an ulti. NB's have a somewhat comparable ability but Merciless requires much more work and skill to build up and use successfully.
    The Templar "equivalent", POL/PL, is just a total joke of an ability that requires one to do an insane amount of damage during the 6 second window to get the ability to hit anywhere close to what Curse/Sub assault/Blastbones do. Not only do those three abilities hit harder for much less work invested but they also fire off at 4 seconds, 3 seconds and 2.5 seconds compared to every 6 seconds for the Templar ability.
    And then poor DK's are just left out completely without any access to any type of delayed burst ability.
  • Darkainxx8
    Darkainxx8
    Soul Shriven
    You see zos say it many more people like this situation and many more people dont like so what zos did ? create and uptade that many more people dont like instead of improve problematic sets or fix -nerf some overpowered sets and make less people complain any more instead of making LOTS of people complain disslike and being demotivated. So according to zos post about their decisions saying many more people like and many more dont like so its 50-50 and what soz do? instead of trying on patch 29 to create balance sets etc and fix somethings and had less ppl complain in general cause what ever you do even if you make best always it will be a percentage that will not like Instead of that they create a 50% of people that dont like and complaining. Updates should be improving things making game more intersting and make less ppl complain and not creating loops and backsteps
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

First, we want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide so much valuable feedback regarding our decision to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil until Update 31. We understand this is a very polarizing topic and while many of you like this direction, we acknowledge that there are just as many who do not. When we had the last Cyrodiil test activated, we did initially get a lot of positive feedback surrounding the removal of item set procs in Cyrodiil, and from a technical standpoint, it made sense for us to leave proc sets disabled until we were able to complete some additional necessary work for Update 31. We also recognize that disabling proc sets in the long term generated a lot more concern than the three-week test we initially proposed, and that this sudden change in the timeline was quite jarring.

We’ve spent a lot of time discussing our options to improve the experience in the short term. We still plan to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil and will instead reduce the duration of this change until Update 30. With the Update 30 launch, we will then re-enable all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil alongside some additional planned proc set work (we'll provide details in the Update 30 Combat Preview). In Update 31, we still plan to add more flexibility and customizable campaign rulesets as it relates to item sets, and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

For those of you on console, you can expect to see item set procs disabled in Cyrodiil this Tuesday, March 16, once Update 29 launches. Any subsequent changes will follow the schedule outlined above.

Again, we greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on these proposed changes and the related timeline. We want to ensure that you can still play the way you want and have fun in PvP, and we hope that these revised plans strike a better balance for everyone both in the short and long-term.

Not good enough, clearly you guys have cotton wool in your ears, even 6 weeks is 5 weeks too long.
    ESO+ still cancelled and i'll only be putting in minimal hours, if any.
    Maybe i'll resub in 3-6 months, if I bother coming back.

Really, 3 months to copy and paste some campaigns and put the normal rule set back on them, what a joke. We're supposed to be happy about still having 3 months of nerfed Cyrodiil? And then all you're gonna do is double the amount of campaigns and split the dying PvP playerbase even more?
    In 3 month you should be able to actually find and remove the handful of problem sets as well as actually balance the classes/sets for the first time in forever, you guys always seem to do the least amount possible to placate a few people. MVP should stand for Most Valuable Player NOT Minimal Viable Product.

How on earth is disabling 90% of our sets ensuring we can "play as we want"? Your hollow platitudes have been used too often without ever following through on them.
    Edited by Ringod123 on 13 March 2021 16:31
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    So for the first time in more than a week I tried the "no proc" Cyrodiil again. I went in with my stamcro to get my tier one geod so I didn't even bothered to change my "proc" gear that of course does not work, but who the hell cares.

The campaign is completly empty! This was never the case before at noon in the weekend, during the pandemic. There are almost no groups going and the map is completly stale.

So i played some solo to farm my tier 1. I took some resources then I went to Bruma and killed 3 nubs to solo take it.. I guess they will whine on the forums to nerf necro because I literally killed them in a no cp campaign with no proc sets and no 5 piece set bonuses at all...

Then I rided to Bleakers and started to solo take it. There was literelly nobody around... When I got the gate to half a StamDk came and we began to duel. And we dueled and we dueled for about 10 minutes until we both gave up and we started waving and dancing.. This "no proc" pvp is so much fun!!

Then went to Chal and took some more resources until I got ran over by a train of 3 sorcs in a team... Fun stuff..

Then I rezed at Sej and started riding to Alessia.. On the bridge I met another DK lost in the middle of a dead campaign and we dueled again for 10 minutes until we got bored, waved and we went our merry ways...

So this is the state "no proc" Cyro at the moment. An empty dead campaign where all duels end in stealmates and faction stacking is the only way to play the game.. If this "test" will continue for a couple more months it will make this game mode unpopular beyond recovery..

You know this is anecdotal evidence at best right ? There is nothing of value to be extracted from your post. The bias is so strong it's oozing :|
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »

You know this is anecdotal evidence at best right ? There is nothing of value to be extracted from your post. The bias is so strong it's oozing :|

What is to be biased about ? I told it exactly how it happened.. But maybe there is something to be happy about an empty campaign and 10 minutes duels that I am missing..
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    I'm all for splitting the campaign. Give players choice. You can stay in your corner with your nine sets to play with. Just don't ask everyone else to play the way you play. Let's see which campaign would have more players at the end. Can't wait to find out!

Another reason people will gravitate to a proc campaign is NPC guards. You don't see as many solo players or duos taking resources in the current scenario, because it takes longer to kill them, and gives enemy players more time to respond. This is causing more of the faction stacking we see now, as people are hanging around keeps for safety, rather than spreading out across the map. And even keep door attacks are slightly more complicated, as setting up rams and ballistas has a longer period of guard interference than before.

NPCs aren't intelligent, and can't counter procs like players can. So they are very vulnerable to AOE sets especially. Plus they take full damage and aren't covered by Battle Spirit. Guards are an annoyance.... but they do give a small amount of XP for PvPers. Killing them faster benefits everyone and hurts no one. So if all other factors are equal, I would choose the campaign that has me spending more time fighting players vs. NPCs.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If cross healing returns to console does that mean abilities like force siphon, radiant aura, energy orb(synergy portion) will all work again in PVP?
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krulzuk wrote: »
    ZoS Confirmed sets that fully work:

Amber Plasm
    Armor of the Trainee
    Beekeeper’s Gear
    Crafty Alfiq
    Draugr Hulk
    Endurance
    Fortified Brass
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hunding’s Rage
    Impregnable Armor
    Law of Julianos
    Leviathan
    Mother’s Sorrow
    Plague Doctor
    Shacklebreaker
    Spinner’s Garments
    Spriggan’s Thorns
    Willpower
    Agility

Unconfirmed(maybe I made mistakes) Sets that have an extra stat line of some kind as an extra 5pc, so could still be maybe considered (not counting trial sets that have trial-only buffs in them):

Akaviri Dragonguard
    Black Rose
    Call of the Undertaker
    Champion of the Hist
    Coward's Gear
    Dauntless Combatant
    Dead Water's Guile
    Dragon's Defilement
    Eternal Vigor
    Fasalla's Guile
    Hanu's Compassion
    Healer's Habit
    Heem-Jas' Retribution
    Hex Siphon
    Hide of Morihaus
    Jailbreaker
    Kagrenac's Hope
    Knightmare
    Might of the Lost Legion
    Night Mother's Embrace
    Oblivion's Edge
    Obvlivion's Foe
    Order of Diagna
    Pestilent Host
    Ranger's Gait
    Rattlecage
    Sentry
    Shadow Dancer's Raiment
    Shalk Exoskeleton
    Toothrow
    Treasure Hunter
    Vampire Cloak
    Vastarie's Tutelage
    Vicious Death
    Warrior-Poet
    Wisdom of Vanus
    Wizard's Riposte

I tested and confirmed that Night's Silence also fully works in Cyro.

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes before logging in"

Getting kicked to main menu with that message several times an hour when there is relatively low pop. Never know when the game is going to suddenly lag out and it makes me play so conservatively it's not even fun anymore. Whatever you are doing, it's not working. Do better ZOS or I'll find a way to do better with my sub money.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes before logging in"

Getting kicked to main menu with that message several times an hour when there is relatively low pop. Never know when the game is going to suddenly lag out and it makes me play so conservatively it's not even fun anymore. Whatever you are doing, it's not working. Do better ZOS or I'll find a way to do better with my sub money.

Have you confirmed that the issue isn't with your net provider? Or even an add on? Some add ons are memory hogs!

Check out this thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377820/an-error-has-occurred-please-wait-a-few-minutes-and-log-in-again-no-viable-solution-found

Sorry, I used to be a storage analyst and love to google error messages people get, LOL.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on 13 March 2021 21:50
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Viewtiful_Flo
    Viewtiful_Flo
    Soul Shriven
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Does "deactivating prog sets" mean that proc sets (e. g. new moon acolyth) are completely disabled, even if you only wear 2, 3 or 4 pieces of a prog set? Or ist only the 5th set bonus of a prog set been deactivated (which means you can further wear up to 4 pices of a prog set)?

I play on console (ps4) where the alterations haven't been released yet. Sorry, if this question was already answered.

No. Only the proc effects do not work. Regular max stat buffs apply as regularly, so you could still wear 4 piece of NMA

Ok. Thank you. :)
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, noob pvp returns sooner. So sad to see ZOS caving in to noobs again.

This currently is the best pvp we have had in years. On the other hand a pure cancer. So much so that I haven't met a single person so far that played BG after the non-proc Cyro went live and didn't come back disgusted by all the cancer in there.

PvP in Cyrodiil seems more balanced than it has been in years. Surprisingly, in my experience it also became more respectful since you earn your kills and not having some sets do the work for you and your opponents note that.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 14 March 2021 12:54
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

This currently is the best pvp we have had in years. On the other hand a pure cancer. So much so that I haven't met a single person so far that played BG after the non-proc Cyro went live and didn't come back disgusted by all the cancer in there.

PvP in Cyrodiil seems more balanced than it has been in years. Surprisingly, in my experience it also became more respectful since you earn your kills and not having some sets do the work for you and your opponents note that.

[snip]

none of that is true at all. nothing has changed.
    the same people still die to the same enemies. the people i used to allways kill still die to me, the same people that used to kill me still kill me, the same people that i stalemated with still stalemate me. the same people that run zergs still run zergs.
    its all the same with or without proc sets.
    the only thing proc sets did was give you choices in armor set ups.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 14 March 2021 12:55
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update, now if you would only listen and make changes to the micromanagement you added in update 29.

Stay strong, safe and enjoy the journey :)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigor wrote: »
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Tigor wrote: »
    The whole proc set matter is starting to blur the performance problems by now. Going back and forth on that, were will it lead to? Without proc sets the gameplay has become more fair. The problems start when the server makes illogical decisions, and gives randomly (dis)advantages or temporarily disabled skills, when it is under constant high stress. So I agree to reweigh the most suitable sets for Cyrodiil at U31 and later in combination with constant performance changes in the game itself.

More fair for who? Magsorcs, stamden, and stamcro. Give me a break...

Less chance to run into proc meta's is one reason. This is pvp and that should be more skill and less gear dependent, especially when it look as if some gear is creating lag and giving (dis)advantages.

The imbalances between classes can be considered out of scope for now. But you are right
    to mention OP classes.

Sadly if they want to split campaigns by rulesets, it's going to be even harder to ever even attempt any kind of class balance.
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Balancing the game around 500 sets and millions of combinations is already impossible.

They balanced Stat sets out pretty well not long ago, with each fulfilling a different niche.
    I'm okay with combination x working on class a better than on class b.
    What they are proposing will make it even harder for them to make balance decisions on the long run.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly if they want to split campaigns by rulesets, it's going to be even harder to ever even attempt any kind of class balance.

After every patch finding an optimal build for your class(es) should be challenging. Less sets to choose from could make it easier to make decisions for yourself, and therefore it will be less inclining to search for the newest meta on the WWW. I don't see a sad part. Unless?

Edited by Tigor on 14 March 2021 12:01
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Darkainxx8
    Darkainxx8
    Soul Shriven
    On 15 feb zos mentioned Will be running Tests when you use the word test you should have scheduled period , purpose of testings, results by number's validated and not theory and decisions from unfounded polls . Provide us with validated results what's these tests for and what's the outcome if there was real testing for something . Set game back to normal untill fixes applied .Create official poll post with specific duration and clear understandable questions . Set an organized scheduled patch that will repair- fix- balance the sets that are more unbalanced. Use organized methods solving problems with valid stats and test results and stop taking unilateral decisions or from unfounded polls and posts
    Edited by Darkainxx8 on 14 March 2021 11:32
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is it possible to provide a list with all sets (no matter if overland, dungeon, trial, pvp, crafted) that work completely after the patch? TIA
    Edited by Knipskastenmann on 14 March 2021 17:29
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »

[snip]

none of that is true at all. nothing has changed.
    the same people still die to the same enemies. the people i used to always kill still die to me, the same people that used to kill me still kill me, the same people that i stalemated with still stalemate me. the same people that run zergs still run zergs.
    its all the same with or without proc sets.
    the only thing proc sets did was give you choices in armor set ups.

Not sure what kind of people you are fighting then. But there is definitely a big change in combat. You can see and tell who usually gets carried by their procs and who actually knows how to play their class . There are, for example, so many tanky players that all of a sudden do not deal large amounts of damage while holding down block 24/7 anymore. These guys used to build tanky and have the procs deal the damage for them. Now that the procs are gone, they are essentially just tanks as it should be, when you build a tank. You want to kill something, invest into offensive stats and press the necessary combination of buttons, rather than just 1 button and get 20k damage from some set.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im on NA PC.
    btw, i forgot to mention that the Super Tanks that had mass amounts of high healtrh and mass amounts of high damage still are the same, nothing has changed.
    the proc sets were not what was helping them and they are still the same right now with proc sets disabled.

Edited by Gilvoth on 14 March 2021 21:23