Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• BornTritonXXL
    BornTritonXXL
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

First, we want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide so much valuable feedback regarding our decision to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil until Update 31. We understand this is a very polarizing topic and while many of you like this direction, we acknowledge that there are just as many who do not. When we had the last Cyrodiil test activated, we did initially get a lot of positive feedback surrounding the removal of item set procs in Cyrodiil, and from a technical standpoint, it made sense for us to leave proc sets disabled until we were able to complete some additional necessary work for Update 31. We also recognize that disabling proc sets in the long term generated a lot more concern than the three-week test we initially proposed, and that this sudden change in the timeline was quite jarring.

We’ve spent a lot of time discussing our options to improve the experience in the short term. We still plan to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil and will instead reduce the duration of this change until Update 30. With the Update 30 launch, we will then re-enable all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil alongside some additional planned proc set work (we'll provide details in the Update 30 Combat Preview). In Update 31, we still plan to add more flexibility and customizable campaign rulesets as it relates to item sets, and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

For those of you on console, you can expect to see item set procs disabled in Cyrodiil this Tuesday, March 16, once Update 29 launches. Any subsequent changes will follow the schedule outlined above.

Again, we greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on these proposed changes and the related timeline. We want to ensure that you can still play the way you want and have fun in PvP, and we hope that these revised plans strike a better balance for everyone both in the short and long-term.
    Hi everyone,

First, we want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide so much valuable feedback regarding our decision to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil until Update 31. We understand this is a very polarizing topic and while many of you like this direction, we acknowledge that there are just as many who do not. When we had the last Cyrodiil test activated, we did initially get a lot of positive feedback surrounding the removal of item set procs in Cyrodiil, and from a technical standpoint, it made sense for us to leave proc sets disabled until we were able to complete some additional necessary work for Update 31. We also recognize that disabling proc sets in the long term generated a lot more concern than the three-week test we initially proposed, and that this sudden change in the timeline was quite jarring.

We’ve spent a lot of time discussing our options to improve the experience in the short term. We still plan to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil and will instead reduce the duration of this change until Update 30. With the Update 30 launch, we will then re-enable all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil alongside some additional planned proc set work (we'll provide details in the Update 30 Combat Preview). In Update 31, we still plan to add more flexibility and customizable campaign rulesets as it relates to item sets, and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

For those of you on console, you can expect to see item set procs disabled in Cyrodiil this Tuesday, March 16, once Update 29 launches. Any subsequent changes will follow the schedule outlined above.

Again, we greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on these proposed changes and the related timeline. We want to ensure that you can still play the way you want and have fun in PvP, and we hope that these revised plans strike a better balance for everyone both in the short and long-term.

• WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for reducing this nonsense.

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !
    There’s no way you said this with a straight face....

There's no way you are not immune to self critic !
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

there are 2 issues about toying with the idea of bringing them back.
    1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.
    Edited by Xandreia_ on 12 March 2021 19:31
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Have the devs considered alternatives to campaign-wide rule sets concerning proc-sets? Like, maybe random events (like Volundrung) that temporarily disable proc sets for everyone. "The Mundane Wave," the magical properties of your equipment have been suppressed. Shakes things up, but by and large, people can still rely on the build they've crafted.

I'm just concerned about further splitting campaign populations. Having non-champ and champ enabled campaigns is fine, but any further division might bring back the ghost-town campaign problem.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.

Crimson and unfathomable darkness are trash for any half serious PVPer.. Tried them just to test what everybody was talking about and they proved to be very bad.. Why don't you just get them and try them out see how "good" they are...
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crimson and unfathomable darkness are trash for any half serious PVPer.. Tried them just to test what everybody was talking about and they proved to be very bad.. Why don't you just get them and try them out see how "good" they are...

are you playing the same game as everyone else? those sets plus the malacath band buff are broken. hense why 3/4 of the pvp community ran them lol
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

are you playing the same game as everyone else? those sets plus the malacath band buff are broken. hense why 3/4 of the pvp community ran them lol

I have every PVP worty set in the game and I am one of the top PVPers... And I assure you those sets are beyond trash agains half decent players..
  • BornTritonXXL
    BornTritonXXL
    ✭✭
    I agree to nerf Crimson even though I gave a crimson WW I love but please don’t nerf everything. Example, I was recently given the task to be in charge of PvP for two guilds . One was a pve guild and the other was PvP. The results shocked me . I had 5 star players who didn’t have complete sets and didn’t have Balorgs or Mighty Chudans or even know about them. I had both guilds get both sets and I gave them whatever build the wanted to play. Stam DKs with Balorgs , Stuns , Seveth legion and Malacath band of brutality, Bombers with ma , VD and Balorgs. Stamcrow with EV MC and warriors fury with potentates in the s&b bar .Then I showed them the rotation and I was surprised. My students from pve were better than the PvP players . I feel like this is clear proof that sets don’t win battles, players do . Please consider not taking all sets away for six moths . I have 9 PvP builds I invested soooooo much money , time , Mats, gold , DLCs, eso plus ect and the will all be disabled . Consider adding a proc set Campaign. Also I believe that a great deal of people who want them gone are not the people buying every DLCs for years or eso plus. I might be wrong but why else would people not have or want the best sets . Just please give us a choice and don’t take away what we worked so hard to get . I love this game and community but this could be a deal breaker for me. Thank you for your time and consideration Gina .
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer it if 100% of the players ran Crimson and Malacath. Crimson is a garbage set that has an 8 second cooldown and does absolutely nothing during those 8 seconds. And the red ring is so easy to see that it exposes the bad PvPers who choose to stand in it and take damage. And when people run Malacath, their crits are disabled, so I don't have to worry about running impen or putting CP into crit resist. Those points and slots can be used for something else more beneficial to me. Plus I always run a Purge on my backbar (or Hexproof on my necro), so negating your other sets is no big deal to me.

It's quite eye opening to see who complains about these easily counterable sets. Makes you wonder who actually PvPs, and who just grabs the pitchfork and jumps on the outrage bandwagon.

Edited by Jaraal on 12 March 2021 20:14
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kingsman1995
    Kingsman1995
    ✭✭✭

Crimson and unfathomable darkness are trash for any half serious PVPer.. Tried them just to test what everybody was talking about and they proved to be very bad.. Why don't you just get them and try them out see how "good" they are...[/quot

I completely agree with you
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I'd prefer it if 100% of the players ran Crimson and Malacath. Crimson is a garbage set that has an 8 second cooldown and does absolutely nothing during those 8 seconds. And the red ring is so easy to see that it exposes the bad PvPers who choose to stand in it and take damage. And when people run Malacath, their crits are disabled, so I don't have to worry about running impen or putting CP into crit resist. Those points and slots can be used for something else more beneficial to me.

It's quite eye opening to see who complains about these easily counterable sets. Makes you wonder who actually PvPs, and who just grabs the pitchfork and jumps on the outrage bandwagon.

ok ill give a little context to your doubts about these sets, yes they can be countered BUT... if you have 20 people in that 1 set-up chasing 4 people, you get stunned in lag and cant break free, if 1 of the offensive sets that are buffed with malacath youre dead! thats the issue alot of people have, having sets like those enabled in pvp turns the game into a 'whos set hits first gets the kill' kinda game. i tried the crimson, unfathomable, malacath set up once and was slicing through people, was disgusting how easily people were dying, that isnt fun to me, or alot of other people, skill should win fights not a proc
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !

well said,
    quoted for truth.
    you hit the nail on the head exactly with that one and i pray zenimax listens to you because your right on this.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... if you have 20 people in that 1 set-up chasing 4 people, you get stunned in lag and cant break free, if 1 of the offensive sets that are buffed with malacath youre dead!

I expect to die in the majority of 20v4 situations, regardless of gear. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I don't lose any XP or AP, and I'll come back with 20 of my own and we can have a fair fight.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer it if 100% of the players ran Crimson and Malacath. Crimson is a garbage set that has an 8 second cooldown and does absolutely nothing during those 8 seconds. And the red ring is so easy to see that it exposes the bad PvPers who choose to stand in it and take damage. And when people run Malacath, their crits are disabled, so I don't have to worry about running impen or putting CP into crit resist. Those points and slots can be used for something else more beneficial to me.

ok ill give a little context to your doubts about these sets, yes they can be countered BUT... if you have 20 people in that 1 set-up chasing 4 people, you get stunned in lag and cant break free, if 1 of the offensive sets that are buffed with malacath youre dead! thats the issue alot of people have, having sets like those enabled in pvp turns the game into a 'whos set hits first gets the kill' kinda game. i tried the crimson, unfathomable, malacath set up once and was slicing through people, was disgusting how easily people were dying, that isnt fun to me, or alot of other people, skill should win fights not a proc

You don't make any sense, sorry. Crimson hits for like 3k in pvp. Do you even have a PVP build ? Did you even ever played PVP in ESO ?
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing a few back and forth posts, we would like to remind everyone that Baiting is non-constructive and against the Forum's Community Rules.
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Please keep the Community Rules in mind when moving forward.
    Staff Post
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

well said,
    quoted for truth.
    you hit the nail on the head exactly with that one and i pray zenimax listens to you because your right on this.

In this post for example there are some very well thought and well formulated ideas that @ZOS_GinaBruno and the team should take into consideration:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564429/zoss-decision-on-procs-and-how-i-think-they-should-go-forward#first
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 20:19
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    thank you for listen to us and helping us.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

You don't make any sense, sorry. Crimson hits for like 3k in pvp. Do you even have a PVP build ? Did you even ever played PVP in ESO ?

I agree this is pretty much true i run crimson on my dw stamsorc with defensive rune just because crimson is a free off gcd ability that is aoe and mines always hit for 4k rune synergizes with that because its a off gcd stun so you basically guarantee a 4k aoe ability on the enemy as you slap them with dw heavy with crystal and vatesh dw and stun them in the process the rest is usually db and spin or master rending and spin if you did all that while he off balanced. So yeah i doubt anyone in cyro does more than 3-4k with crimson(with mala) and its definately not what gets you killed.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭

I have every PVP worty set in the game and I am one of the top PVPers... And I assure you those sets are beyond trash agains half decent players..
    there’s no way you are saying this my guy. Why does 90% of pvpers have them on if they are beyond trash. Think you need some self critic like how you’ve been stating on a lot of posts. “iM a ToP pVpEr” Crimson makes you survive every situation, unfathomable darkness melts through everyone. I don’t think you’re even playing the same game. Or if so you’ve haven’t been on in the last year and a half.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update! While I personally prefer no-proc Cyrodiil rather than the crazy proc meta, I think this is the fairest decision. I’ll enjoy no-procs while it lasts and I look forward to having new campaign options come Update 31! :)
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the communication.

Could we please have that before dropping nuke sized bombs on the community next time.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭

well said,
    quoted for truth.

This is not true in the slightest. If you are fighting someone with good proc sets you are more than likely going to lose that fight no matter what you do. It’s a 95% chance of losing that fight every time. You are pretty much advocating that I need these things to do well. You have to admit they are far better than anything else. There’s need to be a middle ground where they can be used but not enforced. They should not be the only option.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilvoth
    uhhh context is a powerful thing, i voiced an opinion and was instantly jumped on because im against procs. its debate, not bullying. its obvious procs bring major issues or devs would not have taken action. purely by singling 2 people out for opinions without full context just does what you are accusing us of!

one huge problem with the community as a whole is no one can see debate over bullying and just jump to the worst conclusion.
    Edited by Xandreia_ on 12 March 2021 20:48
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

well said,
    quoted for truth.

This is not true in the slightest. If you are fighting someone with good proc sets you are more than likely going to lose that fight no matter what you do. It’s a 95% chance of losing that fight every time. You are pretty much advocating that I need these things to do well. You have to admit they are far better than anything else. There’s need to be a middle ground where they can be used but not enforced. They should not be the only option.

I am saying that me and some other people that posted here, we are that are passioned about this game, know its ins and outs and want it to evolve in a good direction.

You are clearly not one of them as you can't even be bother to "farm" a set that would take an hour to get, while we "farmed" tens or maybe hundreds of sets and tested them in duels for hudreds of hours over the years..
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 20:52
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce the effect of every proc set in PvP by 50%. This would already solve a lot of issues.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy vanilla pvp that is now to be honest.
    I would prefer a no proc campaign alongside the others. Fewer people on campaigns would mean less lag and stuff
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭

no.. some of us play with torc or wild hunt .. not everyone are junkie malacath players
    simply just rework proc damage sets dealing 5% of player total weapon/spell dmg, period, items should just help you with tiny dmg not massive destruction
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post removed

they don't listen to us that have been playing for 7 years, they listen to people who are casuals (and before you start no im not being a bully) i have personally been playing pvp for the entire time taking breaks for pve for skins and farming gear.

the reason we are so passionate about it is because we remember pvp with no lag, when it was fun, you could x and make good content which in turn brings in people who want to play the game meaning more money for zos. pre non proc tests playing in pvp was near impossible because people who havent got much skill (again im not being a bully just stating facts) were being carried by sets that did burst damage for you. look at small streamers and content creators that arent on the stream team, the majority of them have the same views i do! you want to know why? because we played when pvp was at its best and want to get it back to that point :)

*waits to be dragged*
    Edited by Psiion on 12 March 2021 21:23
  • Guizan
    Guizan
    ✭✭✭
    I do have most of the "bad" proc sets unlocked but I still prefer playing in a no-proc campaign. I understand that people are upset their "meta" been destroyed but I would still any day prefer a non-procset campaign.

I won't whine and squeal pretending I will stay out of Cyrodiil when the proc sets are enabled again as I have the sets but I do hope that we will get an option for a non-proc set campaign that reward players for grouping up in organized and coordinated groups using each class strengths to gain the upper hand. There is a significant difference between random zergs and pre-made groups and I prefer playing organized.

As for lag I have some suspicions that one of the main culprits are all the customized gear that we are wearing. For each player that you meet the server has to send lots of data specifying what piece of armor they wear, the current wardrobe morph as well as the current color of each piece and costume and color changes on the costume. Then when we have 50 vs 50 battles around a keep there is lots of data to send over continuously depending if a player is in rendering distance or not. We are talking 7 armor slots, and 2 weapon slots per player.

It would be much better if we recognize that Cyrodiil is a Warzone where three armies fight and all people automatically wore the alliance outfit and the alliance mounts with no skins and no outfits except the Emperor costume on the current reigning Emperor.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭

well said,
    quoted for truth.

I am saying that me and some other people that posted here, we are that are passioned about this game, know its ins and outs and want it to evolve in a good direction.

You

well said,
    quoted for truth.

You are clearly not one of them as you can't even be bother to "farm" a set that would take an hour to get, while we "farmed" tens or maybe hundreds of sets and tested them in duels for hudreds of hours over the years..

Sorry if I hurt your feelings and we are both pushing for balance but we have contradicting ideas. With supporters on both sides. It’s up to zos to make a decision that promotes healthier options for both communities.
    Edited by SillyGT on 12 March 2021 21:25