The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    im on NA PC.
    btw, i forgot to mention that the Super Tanks that had mass amounts of high healtrh and mass amounts of high damage still are the same, nothing has changed.
    the proc sets were not what was helping them and they are still the same right now with proc sets disabled.

Can you imagine how much worse that will be when they have 500 sets to work with instead of what they have now? Heavy sets with offensive stats, sets with massive sustain? The less limited they are the more they will push that envelope.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    im on NA PC.
    btw, i forgot to mention that the Super Tanks that had mass amounts of high healtrh and mass amounts of high damage still are the same, nothing has changed.
    the proc sets were not what was helping them and they are still the same right now with proc sets disabled.

Can you imagine how much worse that will be when they have 500 sets to work with instead of what they have now? Heavy sets with offensive stats, sets with massive sustain? The less limited they are the more they will push that envelope.

This is a false premise, simply because a tank with access to 500 sets will be dealing with a tank killer with access to 500 sets as well.

He is correct though. My werewolf tank with 55k HP and 6k HP regen is lasting just as long with the available garbage sets as she was with access to all the gear. It's just a lot more boring now with the lack of variety, and everybody running the same 5 or 6 sets. Plus the fact that it's harder to find a good fight with less people in Cyro, and most of those still playing are stacked up in keeps for protection, rather than out in the countryside looking for brawls.

Edited by Jaraal on 15 March 2021 00:27
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kiddafinlay
    kiddafinlay
    ✭✭
    None of this makes any sense, they sell pvp proc sets in cyro? People buy expansions so they can farm proc sets? Saturday before update and clarification of disabling proc sets they were available from the gold vendor in cyro, I will leave it there?
    Edited by kiddafinlay on 15 March 2021 00:38
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gunna lie...I’m happy n extremely irritated at this news... lol I just wasted gold on buying and upgrading trash sets...just to use for 3months? LOL smh zos yer lucky I have gold to burn but I feel bad for the ppl that don’t...just to have “useable” builds....
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    im on NA PC.

This is a false premise, simply because a tank with access to 500 sets will be dealing with a tank killer with access to 500 sets as well.

He is correct though. My werewolf tank with 55k HP and 6k HP regen is lasting just as long with the available garbage sets as she was with access to all the gear. It's just a lot more boring now with the lack of variety, and everybody running the same 5 or 6 sets. Plus the fact that it's harder to find a good fight with less people in Cyro, and most of those still playing are stacked up in keeps for protection, rather than out in the countryside looking for brawls.

It's not a false premise at all. The biggest offenders of those 480 additional sets being arena weapons, monster 2 pc, and antiquities....unless all of those are staying removed?
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkainxx8 wrote: »
    On 15 feb zos mentioned Will be running Tests when you use the word test you should have scheduled period , purpose of testings, results by number's validated and not theory and decisions from unfounded polls . Provide us with validated results what's these tests for and what's the outcome if there was real testing for something . Set game back to normal untill fixes applied .Create official poll post with specific duration and clear understandable questions . Set an organized scheduled patch that will repair- fix- balance the sets that are more unbalanced. Use organized methods solving problems with valid stats and test results and stop taking unilateral decisions or from unfounded polls and posts

I think that it is impossible a reasonable person desagree.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im on NA PC.

And the funny thing this patch is that even those pure tank specs gets nuked in Cyrodiil. Seen numerous 50k+ ww tanks just get deleted during the initial week of this patch. Too bad crosshealing is enabled outside of groups or this patch might have actually been quite perfect.
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for reducing this nonsense.

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !
    There’s no way you said this with a straight face....
    The main reason i die in pvp out numbered , siege and lag. Lets remove proc sets ok but removing the sets doesnt reduce the lag at all on pc its changes nothing at all. its because of the new CP system and armor changes that they are removing the sets because they havent worked on adjusting them to the changes. [snip]

[Edited to remove Conspiracy Theory]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 15 March 2021 13:26
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just will not play it than.

When will be update 30 ?
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for the devs, who are now likely to have to put in even more overtime hours to try and get the work done faster. As I said before, there was a reason it was originally pushed to Update 31, and it wasn't just to make people angry.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    I feel bad for the devs, who are now likely to have to put in even more overtime hours to try and get the work done faster. As I said before, there was a reason it was originally pushed to Update 31, and it wasn't just to make people angry.

Especially when most of the work for Update 30 was already likely in final testing phases for PTS release.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? The code for enabling all the sets in the game has already been written.... years ago. All they have to do is copy and paste it back in. The idea that it will take months to accomplish is quite amusing.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    I just will not play it than.

When will be update 30 ?

June.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? The code for enabling all the sets in the game has already been written.... years ago. All they have to do is copy and paste it back in. The idea that it will take months to accomplish is quite amusing.

It's never that simple. I'll just say what I said in the previous thread:

1. We're getting the new expansion in Q2, and that build is past the "add new stuff" point, so anything new has to wait. And yes, that includes re-enabling what might be considered "old" code.
    2. They wanted to gather data on how the new CP system affects Cyrodiil performance.
    3. They stated they intend to re-work how proc/if-then calculations happen in the code.

Because they are now going to try and get this into U30, they are now going to be scrambling to get the above work done in time for U30 while also polishing the expansion, etc. and anything else that is also going to be in U30.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. They wanted to gather data on how the new CP system affects Cyrodiil performance.

Do you have a link to this?
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy your enthusiasm to point everything else out with out addressing the elephant in the room.
    This is a temporary fix, like every temporary fix in the past.
    Instead of identifying the actual problem.

Yes, if you go back in time to 7 years ago , to the game play we had, of course the servers are going to function much better. This is obvious.

Addressing the true problem would reap better results and over all enjoyment of game play.

The servers are 7 years old.

Instead of turning everything off until you get a happy medium..
    you could just take the 41.5 million ESO makes a year and just upgrade the servers. ;)

I don't understand in all my time here there isn't enough people, that will just address the real issues and say what needs to be said.

Upgrade the 7 year old servers and you will see the improved performance you are looking for.
    Edited by eternalshockcable on 15 March 2021 23:46
  • Wolfmaster
    Wolfmaster
    ✭✭✭
    You know, there are valid arguments on both sides of the proc set issue. There are definitely some that need nerfing, but certainly, not all of them need to be taken away. The biggest problem I have with this is that it is essentially stealing on ZOS's part. Thousands of people have spent countless hours, real money, and in-game currency to collect, improve, and build sets that they enjoy. You can't tell people hey, were going to take away this stuff you PAID for three weeks for a test, then just arbitrarily decide to take it away for 3 months because some people reacted favorably to it in the forums. And I went back and read all 43 pages from the original post and the vast majority did not like the changes; so I don't know where Gina is getting the idea that everyone loved Cyrodiil without procs. This crap is like trying to remove a tumor from someone's head with a shovel instead of a scalpel. Fix the problems with individual sets ZOS, don't destroy the PVP community of this game by stealing the time and money that people have paid to buy sets that YOU created and YOU made available. You are stealing from us and punishing us for your mistakes. Do the right thing and give us our stuff back now, then you can make changes to individual sets and introduce it in update 31 like you wanted. Like many others here, I will be canceling my plus membership and seriously doubt I'll even log in unless they give us our stuff back.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^^^ What he said ^^^^
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for reducing this nonsense.

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !

Absolutely. Thank you again for hearing us out on this and reducing the duration. Will be nice to use Monster sets again, if for no other reason than to shore up class/build gaps.

I do hope you guys got the info you needed out of the tests though. Double AP was nice too btw so... hintdy hint hint hint. :D
    Edited by Nagastani on 16 March 2021 06:20
  • Crazy_welshLady
    Crazy_welshLady
    Soul Shriven
    I welcome this test . For now people will have to rely on skill lol . I will miss my grothdar but apart from that i wore no procs lol . The dawn of the skillful is upon us . Lets go scrubs
  • Darkainxx8
    Darkainxx8
    Soul Shriven
    The problem here not that we argueing becouse is impossible all agree on everything but as i understand the most of ppl agree to have a balanced game with all content on it and improved the real problem to this sutuation is zos team probably living on a utopic world that from 43 pages of posts before and + 6 till now they understand that they create an amazing new world of pvp in game and thats the real problem .Being incapable to listen and understand what most of ppl want and posting imaginary and inaccurate things to cover their incapability to resolve problems with logic.
    Respect people efforts hours of playing and all these money spended cause its not free dlcs and not free subs so try respect at least and stop these tactics treating people like sheeps trhow them little grass ( double ap ) and they will be happy. Try behave as a proffesional team and try not take all in or all out decisions becouse that way you creating big numbers of people that will complain and demotivated to play.
    When you create this so called skilled -hardcore -oldschool pvp situation its ok good but the first people that will get bored of this is the so called skilled players cause after fighting again and again same people getting bored + unfriendly to new people so lower and lower pops and pvp is getting boring and dying
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

there are 2 issues about toying with the idea of bringing them back.
    1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.

Have read thru most of the posts in this thread as well as other similar threads. So, I am also one of the voices asking for not just the proc sets to be reinstated, but also suggesting that at some point for ZOS to rebalance those sets that need it, proc or otherwise.

One thing I've noticed about many of these anti-proc arguments is typically the op will reference maybe 1 or 2 proc sets that they personally dislike or more specifically, that they want out of their game. Ok so while their feelings on this matter are understandable and they might even have a valid argument, the problem is ZOS is looking at this from two ways. This type of set is considered Proc, this type of set is considered non-Proc with flat stats. So if we put aside our bias for a moment, please understand that 1) Not all proc sets are the same in Function, maybe similar but not the same and 2) Proc sets fulfill different purposes, some of which 'shadow' the affects of not just flat stats but certain passives as well. Think about that for a second.

So, whereas one Proc set might give a burst heal, another such as Mighty Chudathan, gives us a nice passive that some classes, namely NB, have limited or no real access to for every situation. I think the Shadow Skill Tree provides Major Resolve from one of it's passives however... what if I'm not really playing as a Melee NB? So you say that you want no Procs in your game, of any kind, yet reference 1 or 2. Alright so what if I want to not play as a melee NB and or be protected at all times using Chudathan? What I want in this case, has nothing to do with what you want. I am shoring up gaps in the class to foster a better Cyrodiil experience, especially with the change/nerf to mitigation. Are there other ways to set this up yes, however what if I want to use Shacklebreaker and Chudathan? Or use Chudathan on my Sorc which frees up a bar slot and I don't need to slot Storm. Why shouldn't I be able to do that? NB does not have a spammable Major Resolve like Sorc and DK, so it's a class issue not a skills thing. But I don't have to use it, again, it depends on what build I am running. This is just one example.

I can understand the hard feelings some have towards the proc sets however for those of you who feel that way, understand that all proc sets are not part of the problem and some have legitimate uses, they don't detract from having skill and there are trade offs to using them to plug certain gaps in classes and builds. Its for this reason alone that I am glad procs are coming back however it is also my hope that maybe some changes could be made to anything overperforming without taking away the things we need to function normally in order to actually make our skills count as well as being able to be more competitive in a PvP environment where you have SA, 2H and Macro Spammers... Yeah. Because without the option to build using additional mitigation sources (with trade offs built in) and having the option to free up my bar and being able to use out-of-the-box thinking to make better builds, (which would of course require access to different sets) in certain situations my characters will remain under water and unable to compete, mainly because of class or passive limitations. And that's not fair either, no more fair or different than the complaints over Crimson and Malacath.
    Edited by Nagastani on 16 March 2021 15:03
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Also disable DK's Leaps. TY.
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    I think in terms of proc sets what you guys need to do.is get together with your set devs. The amount of armour you get from cyrodiil is now unusable. Why not just disable all dungeons and arena and trial gear for pvp use. And stick to sets that you can only get in cyrodiil and the imperial city? You can add more but any dungeon sets over land sets crafted sets you can't craft outside of cyrodiil disable them all. Seems odd I can't use items that I can only get in cyrodiil...
    Edited by BloodLegions on 16 March 2021 18:15
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in terms of proc sets what you guys need to do.is get together with your set devs. The amount of armour you get from cyrodiil is now unusable. Why not just disable all dungeons and arena and trial gear for pvp use. And stick to sets that you can only get in cyrodiil and the imperial city? You can add more but any dungeon sets over land sets crafted sets you can't craft outside of cyrodiil disable them all. Seems odd I can't use items that I can only get in cyrodiil...

Most cyrodiil gear is not worth running anyways and a lot of dungeon gear on the list of gear that works 100% is dungeon gear, Like amber plasm and Leviathan. Those sets only come out of dungeons
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Most cyrodiil gear is not worth running anyways and a lot of dungeon gear on the list of gear that works 100% is dungeon gear, Like amber plasm and Leviathan. Those sets only come out of dungeons

the gear that is both crafted and set gears sold at the vendors in cryodiil towns as well as the Golden weekly are Good Gear that Many people use and Sell for others to use is now completely shut off, all of them.
    those are Not useless.

Edited by Gilvoth on 16 March 2021 19:27
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    If a set is not on that list, is it just the special effects which are disabled, or is it 100% disabled. Like, if you wore 2 pieces from a set that isn't on the list, would you get the stat bonus for wearing 2 pieces?

I should have read the OP more carefully. Yes, raw stat bonuses from any set still seem to work.. I'd delete this post, but don't see a Delete option anywhere..
    Edited by SimonBelmont on 17 March 2021 03:37
  • Wolfmaster
    Wolfmaster
    ✭✭✭
    If a set is not on that list, is it just the special effects which are disabled, or is it 100% disabled. Like, if you wore 2 pieces from a set that isn't on the list, would you get the stat bonus for wearing 2 pieces?

I should have read the OP more carefully. Yes, raw stat bonuses from any set still seem to work.. I'd delete this post, but don't see a Delete option anywhere..

The original intent was to test the server to see if the constant checks by the system for proc sets was causing a performance hit; it was not. The test was therefore supposed to end as it provided the data they were looking for. Unfortunately, for some reason they thought that the community wanted them to leave it off...which some did, but in the process they have denied those of us that have invested time and money into those sets, the ability to use them. Imagine if someone from your cable company told you that you couldn't watch your TV for 3 months, or watch any of the shows on your DVR, or use any of your streaming services, but they still expected you to pay for them...that is exactly what ZOS has done to us.
  • Toranor1981
    Toranor1981
    Soul Shriven
    First of all I appreciate that proc sets won't be disabled until update 31. Honestly, I wasn't happy about seeing almost everyone at 40k+ HP using proc sets and welcomed a change but having only about 10-20 sets that can be used in Cyro kills the fun as well.

Turning proc sets off somehow feels like you turn off most of your content as well. I have to apologize if this has been written by someone already but there is so much feedback on this that I cannot read everything.
    For PvE there is a limited number of sets players can use whereas in PvP it's more about individuel play style and trying out new builds. Therefore most sets you can find in ESO may have a use in PvP.
    Players like me have spent hours on farming specific sets that are not overpowered (I am not talking about Zaan+Vat Destro...) just to play PvP where I cannot use them anymore. Other players may now not want to farm these sets because they are turned off and that reduces the content which is worth to play. This is especially true for Monster Sets because now there are only a few 1 piece bonusses worth to play with.

That is why I would even prefer to have proc sets turned on again but most important is that some of these sets get balanced.

For the meantime I would wish that you turn on some more sets that are not overpowered but turned off at the moment or that you might consider to allow for proc sets in one specific campaign. Otherwise I fear I have to wait another 3 months before I am willing to enter Cyro again.
  • Andraste
    Andraste
    ✭✭
    My personal opinion is that I enjoyed proc sets and they add to build and playstyle diversity, but I'm not going to focus my post on that.

The main problem I have is the incredible amounts of whiplash the player base is being subjected to. I've never seen a game with so much "testing" going on live servers. As someone who doesn't have eons of time to invest, I carefully have to save up gold, materials, and farming time to dedicate to a few sets, and then right after I fully upgrade my gear suddenly it's disabled. How does anyone at ZOS think this is a good idea? I went from playing every weekend in Cyrodiil to not even bothering to queue. Don't even get me started on the treadmill that's the CP system.

One of the biggest appeals to me about ESO is that you can get an end game setup and then you don't have to fuss with it (supposedly). If you want players to be engaged with their content, stop pulling the rug out from under us and just add content that will make players want to naturally participate.