The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

there are 2 issues about toying with the idea of bringing them back.
    1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.

I think people are getting almost one shot this patch without proc and malacath. Because we don't have malacath the critical damage is insane.

Looks like Cyrodill is the perfect place for Gankers and Sorcs. Crazy incame damage and with lag no time to respond.

I'm killing players so fast that I don't have time to enjoy the fight.
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on 12 March 2021 21:10
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do hope that devs are actually thinking about what changes to implement and not just taking the word of people only play procs and want them back!

1) the new cp, plus the buff that malacath band gives proc sets like crimson and unfathomable darkness.. will be broken beyond belief! the new system brings so much base damage that combined with the malacath buffs, 1 shot meta will 100% be a thing!
    2) there has been countless times ive heard people saying they have returned to the game because pvp is fun again since procs have been disabled. bringing "bad procs" back will just make a sizable amount of people leave again!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please consider enabling monster sets and sets such as vicious death, seducer and sets used to buff healers and keep mythics disabled and see how that goes. bringing mythics back into pvp will be game breaking and set pvp back to exactly where it was or worse.

I think people are getting almost one shot this patch without proc and malacath. Because we don't have malacath the critical damage is insane.

Looks like Cyrodill is the perfect place for Gankers and Sorcs. Crazy incame damage and with lag no time to respond.

tbh same. i think its because people havent quite figured out the new cp system, im sure as weeks go by its going to get harder haha
  • MirelaUmbrella
    MirelaUmbrella
    ✭✭✭
    Still 3 months of being denied what we have paid for. Not good enough
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    DonGodJoe wrote: »

no.. some of us play with torc or wild hunt .. not everyone are junkie malacath players
    simply just rework proc damage sets dealing 5% of player total weapon/spell dmg, period, items should just help you with tiny dmg not massive destruction

Junkie malacath players????

Did you play this game, did play heavy armor dk?

With or without proc sets heavy armor dk is better with malacath because the critical chance is so low.

We can play nma and Seventh Legion with malacath without proc damage sets.

People most to learn here to respect the way other players wana have fun.

• WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quoted Post removed

they don't listen to us that have been playing for 7 years, they listen to people who are casuals (and before you start no im not being a bully) i have personally been playing pvp for the entire time taking breaks for pve for skins and farming gear.

the reason we are so passionate about it is because we remember pvp with no lag, when it was fun, you could x and make good content which in turn brings in people who want to play the game meaning more money for zos. pre non proc tests playing in pvp was near impossible because people who havent got much skill (again im not being a bully just stating facts) were being carried by sets that did burst damage for you. look at small streamers and content creators that arent on the stream team, the majority of them have the same views i do! you want to know why? because we played when pvp was at its best and want to get it back to that point :)

*waits to be dragged*[/quote]

I really don't care if it is a proc meta or a stats meta. I want to have significant CHOICES !

I have played through the new moon meta just as well.. it was ok but less fun than the meta right now because it lacked CHOICE. That was when everybody was wearing New Moon not now as some people clueless about current PVP are pretending about the quite bad Crimson set.

Now I can play a pure stats build on my magsorc because it scales great with that, a mixed magplar because that works best on it, a magdk with elf bane, a "proc" based stamden with sylvaras and a vateshran staff on magblade because without it can't compete with sorcs, as the classes are curently balanced.. We never had so much build diversity and choice and I would like it to continue even if some proc sets like crimson are nerfed due to more or less clueless popular outcry..
    Edited by Psiion on 12 March 2021 22:27
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted Post removed
    they don't listen to us that have been playing for 7 years, they listen to people who are casuals (and before you start no im not being a bully) i have personally been playing pvp for the entire time taking breaks for pve for skins and farming gear.

the reason we are so passionate about it is because we remember pvp with no lag, when it was fun, you could x and make good content which in turn brings in people who want to play the game meaning more money for zos. pre non proc tests playing in pvp was near impossible because people who havent got much skill (again im not being a bully just stating facts) were being carried by sets that did burst damage for you. look at small streamers and content creators that arent on the stream team, the majority of them have the same views i do! you want to know why? because we played when pvp was at its best and want to get it back to that point :)

*waits to be dragged*

I really don't care if it is a proc meta or a stats meta. I want to have significant CHOICES !

I have played through the new moon meta just as well.. it was ok but less fun than the meta right now because it lacked CHOICE. That was when everybody was wearing New Moon not now as some people clueless about current PVP are pretending about the quite bad Crimson set.

Now I can play a pure stats build on my magsorc because it scales great with that, a mixed magplar because that works best on it, a magdk with elf bane, a "proc" based stamden with sylvaras and a vateshran staff on magblade because without it it cant't compete with sorcs, as the classes are curently balanced.. We never had so much build diversity and choice and I would like it to continue even if some proc sets like crimson are nerfed due to more or less clueless popular outcry..[/quote]

What you fail to see is that not Crimson alone is the problem. It’s Crimson + Malacath + 2nd proc set + 3rd proc set. And that’s the issue of every complaint about proc sets out there.

One proc set alone is and will never be an issue. That you’re able to use multiple proc sets at the same time is.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    x wrote:
    Quoted Post removed

*waits to be dragged*

Now I can play a pure stats build on my magsorc because it scales great with that, a mixed magplar because that works best on it, a magdk with elf bane, a "proc" based stamden with sylvaras and a vateshran staff on magblade because without it it cant't compete with sorcs, as the classes are curently balanced.. We never had so much build diversity and choice and I would like it to continue even if some proc sets like crimson are nerfed due to more or less clueless popular outcry..

What you fail to see is that not Crimson alone is the problem. It’s Crimson + Malacath + 2nd proc set + 3rd proc set. And that’s the issue of every complaint about proc sets out there.

One proc set alone is and will never be an issue. That you’re able to use multiple proc sets at the same time is.

^^^^^^^ THIS EXACTLY THIS
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    x wrote:
    Quoted Post removed

*waits to be dragged*

Now I can play a pure stats build on my magsorc because it scales great with that, a mixed magplar because that works best on it, a magdk with elf bane, a "proc" based stamden with sylvaras and a vateshran staff on magblade because without it it cant't compete with sorcs, as the classes are curently balanced.. We never had so much build diversity and choice and I would like it to continue even if some proc sets like crimson are nerfed due to more or less clueless popular outcry..

My full proc stamden is strong but not stronger than the proc free magsorc.. Go figure.. Different classes, different builds that work on them.. And that is great game design for an mmo and that's why I loved ESO.. I don't want to see this variaty go away..
    Edited by Psiion on 12 March 2021 22:28
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get double ap back atleast for this long test? Pretty please ZOS :blush:
    EU | PC
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that you'll really adjust proc sets as soon as you enable them again. I have so much more fun currently without tanks having insane damage through Malacath and ridiculous passive damage from procs. It feels good to see damage coming from our class/weapon skills again instead of from borrowed power.

This 200% this.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, we have a poll for a campaign without proc sets, 75% vote yes 19% and vote no
    which CLEARLY tells you that the majority of voters want a NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN

YET
    when some so called elite players, who are now getting their asses handed to them in Cyrodiil, complain ZOS crumble and change their plans.

WELL OK THEN, we will enjoy the next 3 months but seriously consider a campaign for the player with sets as they currently are.

My guild run attendance has tripled because the playing field has been levelled and were now really doing pvp, not mr. Johnny Ego Trip trying to wipe 1vXX groups for his YouTube channel, because proc sets make him near un-killable.

I have seen builds with health recovery in the unbelievable stat range, please ZOS consider that your so called elite player is only such that he plays in god tier mode BECAUSE HIS SETS MAKES HIM SO

LINK TO THE NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN POLL
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562062/add-a-no-proc-set-campaign-to-cyrodiil/p1
    Edited by marius_buys on 12 March 2021 22:20
  • Cor_
    Cor_
    ✭✭
    Please stop catering to the loud minority. Just because I can yell louder doesn't mean I should be listened to or that I am right. Since this is only going to last for a quarter now, you need to make sure you butcher proc damage sets to the ground.

I fought yesterday in IC against a mericless charge, unleashed terror, Syvarra's Scales (malacath most likely) stamcro. He literally just crit charged me once and I was taking like 6k dps..... It needs to be toned down ALOT.
    Edited by Cor_ on 12 March 2021 22:21
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, we have a poll for a campaign without proc sets, 75% vote yes 19% and vote no
    which CLEARLY tells you that the majority of voters want a NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN

YET
    when some so called elite players, who are now getting their asses handed to them in Cyrodiil, complain ZOS crumble and change their plans.

WELL OK THEN, we will enjoy the next 3 months but seriously consider a campaign for the player with sets as they currently are.

My guild run attendance has tripled because the playing field has been levelled and were now really doing pvp, not Jonny Ego trying to wipe 1vXX groups because proc sets make him near unkillable.

That poll with the number you cited does not exist. And if it is slightly more in favour of destroying the game was because we players that enjoy ESO did not used to spend much time on the forum before this nonsense of a "test".

As I said before the "proc sets" bring variaty to the game and I don't mind if they are toned down as long as they remain a valid option for a valid pvp build.

The game without "proc sets" is exposing the class imbalance in a dastric way.. Magsorcs work just fine with stat builds while other classes simply don't. But that is just the class design and the procs just fill holes in the class kits. I am personally not in favour of an uniformisation of the classes because a "classless" game will no longer be an mmo.

The decision to keep sets out of PVP is even a terrible business decission for ZOS. Me and many others as soon as we herd about the "prolonged test" news canceled the ESO+ subscription and promised not to buy the expansion, simply because all the DLC content became irrelevant from a PVP point of view..
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 22:31
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very infuriating how fast folks are trying to moving the goal post. We need a set controlled campaign because not every set can be balanced with pve and pvp in mind. And yet, now we hear voices about splitting the population and we dont need more campaigns? Next folks will be saying "they were only kidding" when they encouraged proc sets to be balanced.

I don't mind the three month revert, but don't try to steal our future campaigns in those glorious fields free of multiple proc effects. We wish to be free of meta chasing and enjoy good honest pvp.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it very infuriating how fast folks are trying to moving the goal post. We need a set controlled campaign because not every set can be balanced with pve and pvp in mind. And yet, now we hear voices about splitting the population and we dont need more campaigns? Next folks will be saying "they were only kidding" when they encouraged proc sets to be balanced.

I don't mind the three month revert, but don't try to steal our future campaigns in those glorious fields free of multiple proc effects. We wish to be free of meta chasing and enjoy good honest pvp.

You call magsorc vs magsorc honest PVP ? Because during the 'test' I will not join Cyro in any other form and I will kill you just as fast as I would have with 5 proc sets stacked on top of eachother.. Even faster now as you don't have deffensive options.. :)
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You call magsorc vs magsorc honest PVP ? Because during the 'test' I will not join Cyro in any other form and I will kill you just as fast as I would have with 5 proc sets stacked on top of eachother.. Even faster now as you don't have deffensive options.. :)

And what part of that is dishonest? Two sorcs fighting sounds like the epitome of honest pvp, they have no skills that they other doesnt have access to. If you wont play in any other fashion then whos being honest with whom?
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

And what part of that is dishonest? Two sorcs fighting sounds like the epitome of honest pvp, they have no skills that they other doesnt have access to. If you wont play in any other fashion then whos being honest with whom?

Cool.. So lets make the game Elder Sorcs Online then.. :)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the OP non-proc class or the usual OP proc set build on all of your characters doesn’t make you one of the top PvP players as you claim. It just shows that you’re choosing the meta or taking the soft option instead of being different and trying (and succeeding in) the hard way. That’s what I‘d call a top PvP player, not someone who’s chasing trends because it’s easier.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better than nothing, I guess.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.. So lets make the game Elder Sorcs Online then.. :)

I have three version of every class and I love and use them all, Mag/stam/vamp, I take all of them into pvp and have fun. Unlike some players I am not smitten with arrogance or elitism. ESO will be just fine.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

Using the OP non-proc class or the usual OP proc set build on all of your characters doesn’t make you one of the top PvP players as you claim. It just shows that you’re choosing the meta or taking the soft option instead of being different and trying (and succeeding in) the hard way. That’s what I‘d call a top PvP player, not someone who’s chasing trends because it’s easier.

I do it for the same reason thay you want "proc sets" banned. I want to win as you want to win against me and you think that taking away my "proc sets" gives you a better chance.

The difference is that I invest in the game, farm sets, test them in duels and perfect my builds while you are too lazy or lack the time to do it. Yet you feel entiteled to take away all my work for a chance to win.
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 22:53
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do it for the same reason whou want "proc sets" banned. I want to win as you want to win against me and you think that taking away my "proc sets" gives you a better chance.

The difference is that I invest in the game, farm sets, test them in duel and perfect my builds while you are too lazy or lack the time to do it. Yet you feel entiteled to take away all my "work" for a chance to win.

Your chance to win is null and void when all of that is heavily relying on the most overpowered class, composition of proc sets or a mix of both. Because in the end it’s not you who’s the deciding factor in winning a fight, it’s your class or your composition of proc sets - and that’s not how PvP is meant to be. Bring the player, not the class (or the build).

If you’re such a good PvP player - as you claim - you shouldn’t be so dead set on playing a MagSorc or your class + proc set builds to win. I expect top PvP players to be able to deal with that and overcome the hurdles.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

I do it for the same reason whou want "proc sets" banned. I want to win as you want to win against me and you think that taking away my "proc sets" gives you a better chance.

The difference is that I invest in the game, farm sets, test them in duel and perfect my builds while you are too lazy or lack the time to do it. Yet you feel entiteled to take away all my "work" for a chance to win.

Your chance to win is null and void when all of that is heavily relying on the most overpowered class, composition of proc sets or a mix of both. Because in the end it’s not you who’s the deciding factor in winning a fight, it’s your class or your composition of proc sets - and that’s not how PvP is meant to be. Bring the player, not the class (or the build).

If you’re such a good PvP player - as you claim - you shouldn’t be so dead set on playing a MagSorc or your class + proc set builds to win. I expect top PvP players to be able to deal with that and overcome the hurdles.

I never said that I was one of the most skilled. I'm not the fastest for sure and I don't have the best reflexes. That is why I play an MMO not an FPS. An MMO is about building a character and using it the best you can. If ESO becomes an FPS by removing the character building part, then it will be a dead game for me..
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 23:03
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you getting that you have to play in no proc after they introduce different campaigns? They'll have procs and they'll have proc controlled. Rejoice you get to play with those who want procs and I get to play with those who like cleaner pvp. Unless you admitting that you never had any intention of letting no proc people enjoy the game they want to play. Because that's what I'm talking about with moving the goal post. Folks pretended they didn't mind if we got a campaign and now it becomes a problem. That's deceitful.
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on 12 March 2021 23:09
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said that I was one of the most skilled. I'm not the fastest for sure and I don't have the best reflexes. That is why I play an MMO not an FPS. An MMO is about building a character and using it the best you can. If ESO becomes an FPS by removing the character building part, then it will be a dead game for me..

Character building hasn’t been removed. You’re just limited to 19 sets to chose from. All of the classes are the same as before. The only thing that’s changed is that building your character and eventually winning in PvP now is more difficult because all of the passive damage and healing has been removed and as a player you‘re required to do more to succeed. Now the game does less work for you and you actually have to try harder.

Don’t get me wrong, I see your point. And I agree that experimenting with sets has always been fun, but in the last 1-2 years it has become so overloaded and overbearing that it - not entirely, but to a great extent - removed what really mattered in PvP: player skill.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because defensive proc sets got caught up in this mass set nerf as well. Nobody running Chudan, Earthgore, Wizard's Riposte, Transmutation, etc. A lot more sitting duck builds in no proc Cyro than before. Which is why burst classes like sorcerer are currently overperforming.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Probably because defensive proc sets got caught up in this mass set nerf as well. Nobody running Chudan, Earthgore, Wizard's Riposte, Transmutation, etc. A lot more sitting duck builds in no proc Cyro than before. Which is why burst classes like sorcerer are currently overperforming.

Let’s not act like MagSorc ever was underperforming or weak. As long as this game exists MagSorc has been the or one of the strongest specs in PvP. There are maybe one or two updates during which MagSorc was not top tier. So that’s more of a problem of MagSorc overperforming / most other classes underperforming than having no proc sets available to counter a MagSorc.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone fighting about what's skilled play and who zos should listen to as if it matters. What matters is there was no reason to buy the DLCs if we can't use the sets. Zos is a business and if you think anything but the bottom line matters than you're a fool.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna lie, all I think that will come out of having a proc controlled and a proc campaign is a pvp community being split. And what follows is one of the campaigns will probably end up dying or having so little players it's pretty much a dead campaign like the no CP campaign Ravenwatch. Then people will just migrate to where everyone else is and then complain about the other type of play style to get it changed or re-worked

I'm all for letting people play how they want but all I think that'll come of this is going back to square one. The only real solution imo is just to fix the problem sets, not introduce new campaigns when we already have multiple dead ones
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    The whole proc set matter is starting to blur the performance problems by now. Going back and forth on that, were will it lead to? Without proc sets the gameplay has become more fair. The problems start when the server makes illogical decisions, and gives randomly (dis)advantages or temporarily disabled skills, when it is under constant high stress. So I agree to reweigh the most suitable sets for Cyrodiil at U31 and later in combination with constant performance changes in the game itself.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)