Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually laughed during the nocturnal encounter; Did this poor 100ft tall woman get lost on the way to the spa? Why are her clothes so low-res? Probably not the reaction they hoped for.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beyond disappointed when first encountered her in Summerset story line. Talk about immersion breaking.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Nocturnal on the other hand...after that cool shadows-engulfing-everything trick she's pulled (twice now!), she should be going for the intimidation factor, or look aloof and untouchable...she should not look like she just showered and threw on a bathrobe before showing up for the fight.

Well, considering she was not really planning to show up for that fight at all... She was kinda about to become one of the most powerful creatures in the whole universe and she might have decided to get a quick shower to look all nice and fancy at her victory party. Maybe she was not expecting our hero to storm into the tower, sacrificing all his friends and killing all her servants while they are at it, and forcing her into that fight. So yeah, of course Nocturnal had to grab a bath robe and show up as soon as she could before her plan was foiled.

:D Now I'm picturing her in a towel with a loofah in one hand, trailing soap suds.

...can't decide if that's more ridiculous than her current appearance or not.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been absolutely convinced for a few years now that they have one or two artists on the team that dial it in while the others have continuously improved their craft and their knowledge of the system theyre working with.

This is why we get such bland costumes like Nocturnals costume or the Daggerfall Covenants Hero costume. I would not be surprised that Nocturnal herself was worked on by the same person. The laziness always shines through.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idc just gimme that long hair.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally saw Nocturnal during the main Summerset questline, and I was shocked by the ugliness of the model. It even more notable, when all three princes appear at once. What's wrong with you, devs? Are you fall victims of social justice or what?
    Edited by logarifmik on 10 June 2018 15:39
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe since Nocturnal's sphere is night and darkness the prince was all "who puts war-paint on when nobody can see in the dark", and was just caught unawares in the afternoon delight? Or maybe since the prince is the patron of thieves the prince was just going for a low-key appearance to blend in, as thieves like to do. Keeps your patrons guessing if you want to bad-mouth "lady-luck", you might be doing it to the princes face and not even know it. :wink:

So I'm fine with the way Nocturnal looks, it makes sense from a lore standpoint, and not everyone has to be Gisele Bündchen.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Nocturnal on the other hand...after that cool shadows-engulfing-everything trick she's pulled (twice now!), she should be going for the intimidation factor, or look aloof and untouchable...she should not look like she just showered and threw on a bathrobe before showing up for the fight.

Well, considering she was not really planning to show up for that fight at all... She was kinda about to become one of the most powerful creatures in the whole universe and she might have decided to get a quick shower to look all nice and fancy at her victory party. Maybe she was not expecting our hero to storm into the tower, sacrificing all his friends and killing all her servants while they are at it, and forcing her into that fight. So yeah, of course Nocturnal had to grab a bath robe and show up as soon as she could before her plan was foiled.

Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 99: Daedric Princes do not shower.

:D
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »
    Do you ever like anything?

This is an AAA game in the Elder Scrolls universe and I'm pretty sure ZOS is making millions with the Crown Store so... is it too much to ask for decent models for important deities?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #ReplaceNocturnal
    #NotMyNocturnal
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    So Nocturnal is a Red Guard...

Nocturnal = Night = Dark = Black

ZOS you diabolical

Kind of weird to me. Melanin, and lots of it, is usually associated with more exposure to ultraviolet radiation... from the sun. I doubt a daedric prince who’s known for shadows and darkness is hanging out in the Alik’r Desert on a regular basis. I was expecting The kind of pale that you get from a lifelong nightshift worker.

But, then again, Nocturnal is a daedric prince. Maybe she has a tanning bed, lol.
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Deadric Princes can appear hiwever they want.

Yeah and Nocturnal decided to push herself to the limits by appearing like a bald Redguard wallflower in a cheap Crown Store night gown with fat legs. Brilliant idea, those mortals sure will run away in sheer fear and awe... or something.

This was one of the lousiest anti-climaxes in my ESO experience so far.

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Menelaos wrote: »
    The Deadric Princes can appear hiwever they want.

Yeah and Nocturnal decided to push herself to the limits by appearing like a bald Redguard wallflower in a cheap Crown Store night gown with fat legs. Brilliant idea, those mortals sure will run away in sheer fear and awe... or something.

This was one of the lousiest anti-climaxes in my ESO experience so far.

XD
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Chicharron wrote: »
    So Nocturnal is a Red Guard...

Nocturnal = Night = Dark = Black

ZOS you diabolical

Kind of weird to me. Melanin, and lots of it, is usually associated with more exposure to ultraviolet radiation... from the sun. I doubt a daedric prince who’s known for shadows and darkness is hanging out in the Alik’r Desert on a regular basis. I was expecting The kind of pale that you get from a lifelong nightshift worker.

But, then again, Nocturnal is a daedric prince. Maybe she has a tanning bed, lol.

Also, as we've been in her realm before, it's not like she's getting sun there, as there isn't any.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on 10 June 2018 22:35
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    68a33893510406ab77c401f08f3bb866.jpg

WTF DOES EVEN HIRCINE GET A UNIQUE MODEL
    Edited by Aliyavana on 11 June 2018 03:06
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I completely forgot about Nocturnal tbh.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely forgot about Nocturnal tbh.

but its an insult that even hircine looks cool
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Nocturnal, the main antagonist of the summerset chapter
    y71ij2klu1bz.png

Now look at Mephala, she slays nocturnal completely.
    atpqsiqk05dw.png

And Clavicus Vile
    wlq5g4mrvmwe.png

And finally Hircine
    All outshine nocturnal who has a simple bathing robe.

Are we gonna have a dev comment on this?
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been absolutely convinced for a few years now that they have one or two artists on the team that dial it in while the others have continuously improved their craft and their knowledge of the system theyre working with.

This is why we get such bland costumes like Nocturnals costume or the Daggerfall Covenants Hero costume. I would not be surprised that Nocturnal herself was worked on by the same person. The laziness always shines through.

What you say might be true considering the deformed duck-horses we have in ESO
    PCHorseCompareV.png?resize=264%2C900

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoMyBnRtNUw&ab_channel=MrNinjaTony

Sauce: http://cakeisnotalie.net/2017/12/the-eso-team-has-no-idea-what-horses-look-like/
    Edited by A_Silverius on 11 June 2018 08:07
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal looks like she was designed by an intern 3D-Designer, and it was signed-off without the Creative Directors approval.

She looks nasty. Skyrim's nocturnal looks 10X better, and that was made years ago on a grimy engine.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    y71ij2klu1bz.png

atpqsiqk05dw.png

And Clavicus Vile
    wlq5g4mrvmwe.png

And finally Hircine

Clavicus wasnt too bad but I feel like hes right there with Nocturnal in that both of them dont have unique Models. It really annoys me that theyre taking the lazy approach to these characters that have such important roles not only in this story but their part in the lore and history of Elder Scrolls. Clavicus has what looks to be the Covenant War-Locks, the Elder Council Tunic and Sash, Male Bosmer body and his basic minion skaafin horns. Granted Clavicus is always portrayed as a small male. It just seems odd that they didnt attempt to give him something more unique and noteworthy.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • binhao26
    binhao26
    Again, ZOS dont give a crap. Spend more work and time = cost more money.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y71ij2klu1bz.png

atpqsiqk05dw.png

And Clavicus Vile
    wlq5g4mrvmwe.png

And finally Hircine

Clavicus wasnt too bad but I feel like hes right there with Nocturnal in that both of them dont have unique Models. It really annoys me that theyre taking the lazy approach to these characters that have such important roles not only in this story but their part in the lore and history of Elder Scrolls. Clavicus has what looks to be the Covenant War-Locks, the Elder Council Tunic and Sash, Male Bosmer body and his basic minion skaafin horns. Granted Clavicus is always portrayed as a small male. It just seems odd that they didnt attempt to give him something more unique and noteworthy.

Clavicus was pretty good imo, but not excellent
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Budget cosplayer? More like a crossdresser on skooma.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Err, Hircine showed up in Bloodmoon so they already have something to match with. (Unless they wanted to do a white deer like in Skyrim - he has a handful of other animal aspects he could use too. So I suppose it's not too late to go the lazy route with him too, I suppose we'll see?)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Err, Hircine showed up in Bloodmoon so they already have something to match with. (Unless they wanted to do a white deer like in Skyrim - he has a handful of other animal aspects he could use too. So I suppose it's not too late to go the lazy route with him too, I suppose we'll see?)

nocturnal also had a unique model in skyrim yet looks bad here
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I had a close look at Nocturnal during the final battle. To make her a black woman wearing bathrobe was a bad decision. She looks awful, silly, ridiculous, but not omnipotent. The whole scene is ruined because of it.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y71ij2klu1bz.png

atpqsiqk05dw.png

And Clavicus Vile
    wlq5g4mrvmwe.png

And finally Hircine

At least he has an original skin colour and those horns. And I'm not positive that's a bosmer model (the eyes look different to me, but I could be wrong).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 12 June 2018 03:11
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one time I decide to come back to the forums, I am now reminded why I left.....I'm just gonna leave this here...

****Master Healer...****
This discussion has been closed.