Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esha76 wrote: »
    I find myself wondering… Have ZOS overburdened themselves with their goals of yearly content releases?

For example, just looking at the random wildlife in Summerset… Things like welwas and fellrunners. Obviously pulled right from Craglorn. Though, the lore guy was on ESO Live and stated that welwas apparently originated in Summerset and were removed due to ferocity and just plain being uncivilized… Whether that’s true official Tamrielic history, or just the writing they came up with to shorten development time, who knows or cares.

The point is, there is only so much developers can produce in “X” amount of time. And with the likes of 2 dungeon DLCs, a QoL update, a story DLC, and a chapter being pumped out each year… Can devs and the art team reasonably be expected to create so many unique aspects in all this content in such a specific amount of time?

I am still disappointed to see they cut corners with the main antagonist appearance, yet they certainly found time to make a gorgeous Nocturnal statue for the RNG crates….

TL/DR: I’m not trying to make a back-handed point. I am sincerely asking if all this content each year is a reasonable expectation, and goal, for a top-quality video game?

theres a lore book in the pass delve that describes welwa as being reintroduced into the ecosystem with welwas from craglorn
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v5t43unvazm2.png
    Are the devs gonna give us a nocturnal that looks like her statue
    Edited by Aliyavana on 21 June 2018 19:24
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Accidentally advanced the main quest to where I see Nocturnal...

I'm sad now
  • iRouge
    iRouge
    ✭✭
    At the moment I think a quick fix for this is to replace her current model with one of the shrikes. Please Zos :) They look better than the nocturnal we have atm which looks just like another player character.
    28kqyd1.png
    I'm not sure what she's trying to do here because of that poker face.

Lmao whose Toon got nominated to be Nocturnal today? Ahaha
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bvzd1mhsecxq.png are we gonna replace nocturnal with the statue model?
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Damn it, looks like a voices in the wilderness type of situation. :(
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »

?
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?
    I mean, that devs will not give any comments regarding the situation any soon. Which is quite sad.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v5t43unvazm2.png

ye it would look a thousand time better with a unique costume where she just hovers in the air
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    v5t43unvazm2.png

The statue look better than the original in game why oh why

nuo0V97.jpg
    Edited by NewbieOKS on 26 June 2018 08:15
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its a bad idea to make her black. Imo the problem is that she's bald and her animations could be a little bit more... graceful.
    I think just adding a unique hairstyle+maybe glowing eyes+skyrim-esque floating pose would be great.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its a bad idea to make her black. Imo the problem is that she's bald and her animations could be a little bit more... graceful.
    I think just adding a unique hairstyle+maybe glowing eyes+skyrim-esque floating pose would be great.

We dont care that she is a redguard as long as she is beautiful as the statue above
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We dont care that she is a redguard as long as she is beautiful as the statue above

Although her unnaturally pale skin in TES5 does fit in line with being in the dark all the time.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 pages of people upset because they can't sexually objectify a daedric prince.

Please explain to me how I'm supposed to support this is "wrong" by the developers.

Good luck with trying.

• srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She kinda looks like the exec from westworld... Tessa Thompson

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.hellogiggles.com%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F09%2F03042843%2Ftessa-thompson-e1504463350226.jpg&w=700&q=85

If only. Tessa is actually pretty attractive, but most importantly, she actually has facial expressions!

The current Nocturnal model looks too much like one of my daughter’s Barbie dolls. Plastic and lifeless with the same static expression at all times. Not good for the main antagonist at all.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    10 pages of people upset because they can't sexually objectify a daedric prince.

Please explain to me how I'm supposed to support this is "wrong" by the developers.

Good luck with trying.
    You didn't understand a damn thing or just playing the fool.
    Edited by logarifmik on 27 June 2018 12:20
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes more sense for her to be a redguard.

But yeah she should be more attractive/ have longer hair.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on 26 June 2018 18:19
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    whoah! just figured out Josajeh is Nocturnal. All that messing with time breeches, a version of herself became part of the void and oblivion or maybe ZOS ran out of time and used the same modela04d9c9d039d9c7d47c3a631c82d7d04.jpg
    Edited by darkstar2084 on 26 June 2018 21:27
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What i do not get is they can make a statue look amazing but in game character look atrocious using the same development tools?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good luck with trying.

Lmao youre the only one who thought of this as "sexually objectifying." The rest of us just wanted a more unique model like how Mephala has an amazing model, and Vile has an alright(not good but not bad) model.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with trying.

Because I can sexually objectify Darien as well and we need equality. The ladies (and men) have rigurt, Darien and raz this expansion and so the men (and women) need nocturnal to balance it out.

Ok but serious talk, you don't put the main villian in the story with the most plain character model. If molag bal was a goat that shot lasers then he wouldn't be as intimidating
    Edited by Aliyavana on 26 June 2018 14:43
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want.
    For example compare how things looks on game engine and art:
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:
    pre_1435677639__almalexia_eso.jpg

And compare to Legends art:
    LG-cardart-Almalexia_02.png

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg

latest?cb=20180215151256

Difference is drastical and its not developers to blame about it.

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when clearly you can make custom character with this engine as a matter of fact.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore custome on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself.

She looks like dunmer woman with bright eyes in special outfit and spider legs, i.e. like her statue does, same as Nocturnal.
    But Mephala indeed looks much cooler coz her basic concept is cool, unlike Nocturnal who is just half nude female.

Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf. Should a Dark Elf look like a Breton instead? I think not.
    Even so Almalexia has a special outfit. Does Nocturnal? No she doesn't. Nocturnal's character model is just a default Redguard woman character model, and she has a crownstore costume on her. So much for a Daedric Prince. I guess I can slap that crownstore costume on my Redguard character and tadaaaaa I am Nocturnal. This is pathetic actually.

It's sad that I and other players who got the costume can make a better looking nocturnal than ZOS.
    Edited by Nyladreas on 27 June 2018 06:25
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want.
    For example compare how things looks on game engine and art:
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:
    pre_1435677639__almalexia_eso.jpg

LG-cardart-Almalexia_02.png

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg

latest?cb=20180215151256

Difference is drastical and its not developers to blame about it.

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when clearly you can make custom character with this engine as a matter of fact.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore custome on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself.

She looks like dunmer woman with bright eyes in special outfit and spider legs, i.e. like her statue does, same as Nocturnal.
    But Mephala indeed looks much cooler coz her basic concept is cool, unlike Nocturnal who is just half nude female.

Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf. Should a Dark Elf look like a Breton instead? I think not.
    Even so Almalexia has a special outfit. Does Nocturnal? No she doesn't. Nocturnal's character model is just a default Redguard woman character model, and she has a crownstore costume on her. So much for a Daedric Prince. I guess I can slap that crownstore costume on my Redguard character and tadaaaaa I am Nocturnal. This is pathetic actually.

It's sad thatI and other players who got the costume can make a better looking nocturnal than ZOS.

Agreed lol
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed is exactly the descriptor I'd use.

I really enjoyed playing through Summerset's story and doing all the quests in the zone that I could find. There was just something about the atmosphere- the high fantasy setting, the crystal blue waters, something- that caused me to relax as soon as I ported in. On more than one occasion, the environments I was traveling through had me looking around in awe or simply staring up at the sky in Artaeum. Many of the main characters, like Mephala, and even side characters like Edgar Jend (the guy you meet in the Anchors Aweigh Inn in Shimmerene while looking for the Mother of Rats) looked incredible. Even Clavicus Vile looks good, particularly when he takes over the body of his late lead cultist and has the throwback to (or perhaps it actually is?) his Masque. "Okay. This guy's nuts and could easily give Uncle Sheo a run for his money in the 'danger to his own followers' category."

In the Evergloam with the Ritemaster, I was going "Oh wow. Freaking Clavicus Vile just dropped out of the sky right in front of me. And holy freaking cow, there's Mephala forming up out of those giant spiders, and now the two are literally playing tug of war with I.A. Cheeses" But when Nocturnal popped in, even with being prepared from looking at this thread, I couldn't help but feel let down. Oh. Joy. I guess this is Nocturnal? Literally nothing about her matches the voice I've been hearing in Clockwork City and at every single geyser. Okay.

And it was the same with the tower fight. Even knowing what was coming somewhat, I couldn't help but take a hit in the feels with what happened to Darien and to Leyten, or feel like my toon should have somehow tried to help Veya out or make sure she was alright before jetting off to Clockwork City. Again, I found myself looking around at the scenery as we went through the realms and enjoying several of the interactions, like the way the extending hallway was done and Leyten's conversation with the dying Sapiarch. And I liked the battle with Veya, right before you head up to meet Nocturnal. But again, I ran into Nocturnal and it was like "Oh. Hey. Sup." And she's now giant and floating and staring down at me and talking without moving her lips. And I'm fighting Giant Evil Mutant Veya while Miss Poker Face just stares down at me, and now I've won. Alright then.

She's supposed to be the Ur-Dra, a force there before man was even a speck of a glimmer of a thought, and nothing about her elicited any emotional reaction beyond "Oh. Alright." That's disappointing in and of itself, but when you throw in the fact that I know they can do better (after all, even in Summerset they have, and even the statue they have of Nocturnal looks awesome) and that she's supposed to be the main antagonist of this chapter, and it feels like I've ordered a dish from a favorite restaurant, taken a bite....and it tastes like sawdust. Bland and utterly unappealing.

But I get it. Artists have feelings, too, and maybe s/he is attached to it or has a reasoning behind it. Awesome. Then please, explain it to me. Help me to feel that, too. Help me to feel anything about this character's looks beyond ambivalence and disappointment. It's your artwork, and no one's going to defend it if you don't.

But if, by any chance, you aren't 100% sold on it either, then please give it another shot. Make a Nocturnal that fits the voice. That fits her role. That fits Summerset. It's not too late, and I know y'all can do it. What you've already done, and continue to do with the other Daedric Princes is proof enough of that. All I ask, all we ask, is that you give this Prince the treatment and appearance she deserves.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 pages now, I would like to know if zos plans to make nocturnal look like her statue or at the least reskin a shrike to look more unique
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with trying.

Wanting a Daedric prince to look awesome is "sexually objectifying a Daedric prince" now? So people have been sexually objectifying Molag Bal, Clavicus Vile and Hircine for saying these Princes look good?

I guess we can just use a scamp model for Nocturnal, and if people complain, just blame them for "sexually objectifying the Daedric prince".

Scamp Nocturnal Best Nocturnal.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on 27 June 2018 05:13
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭

Good luck with trying.

Because I can sexually objectify Darien as well and we need equality. The ladies (and men) have rigurt,
    Stop right there, now we are talking, I generally objectify my lady but there's a hottie we can all go drinking with too! Phwoar! It's the mammoth essence. He's adorable. More sex in his pudgy ring finger than any daedric prince.
    Normally I don't sexually objectify anyone but Ayrenn as any loyal AD should, My Queen. but Rigurt is enough to make me hetero. Um sorry, back to looking straight outa Daggerfall graphically Nocturnal.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 pages now, I would like to know if zos plans to make nocturnal look like her statue or at the least reskin a shrike to look more unique
    Or they just can remake the statue to match the actual Nocturnal model. :D
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they just can remake the statue to match the actual Nocturnal model. :D

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -Add flowing robes
    -Add violet/blue glowing eyes
    -Make her skin have a moonlight glow
    -Have darkness swarm around her.

Something that shouts goddess of darkness......not Mary from the nearest tavern playing dress up.

*I get why they went the route as she is picked in lore to look like a mortal woman in robes, and if they went OTT then people would be screaming that they didn't stick to it, so a lose/lose situation either end.

But something to meet in the middle I think would of been perfect. It does need rework.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
This discussion has been closed.