Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    From another thread, one of the devs said that you need to know the eidetic memory book to be able to collect the furnishing.

Please can you link this thread ?
    My opinion is that 6 books are bugged, so nobody is able to know those books, because most of them are not present in the game.
    Just one of them is bugged only for the unlucky people who have already done the related quest when that book was recataloged from ZOS.
    I think that if one of us could find and grab it... we can go and read it in his own house.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7993364#Comment_7993364
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread, one of the devs said that you need to know the eidetic memory book to be able to collect the furnishing.
    Dragonnord wrote: »

My opinion is that 6 books are bugged, so nobody is able to know those books, because most of them are not present in the game.
    Just one of them is bugged only for the unlucky people who have already done the related quest when that book was recataloged from ZOS.
    I think that if one of us could find and grab it... we can go and read it in his own house.

May I know what 6 books you mean? What are their names please?

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses
    2) Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    3) The Curse of Blackscale Island *
    4) Zeirinia's Silent Admission
    * this book was known before Update39, but it became unknown and impossible to read after that patch for people who has already done the related quest

Telvanni Tomes
    1) Closed by Order of the Abbot
    2) Communications Between Nilphas and Thorin

Those books are bugged from the beginning, except "The Curse of Blackscale Island" that became bugged because the devs changed its cataloguing.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    unfortunately, i didn't read two tot clues on my main. has anyone tried to see if you can get the entry with the weekly ones from the endless archive afterwards?
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately, i didn't read two tot clues on my main. has anyone tried to see if you can get the entry with the weekly ones from the endless archive afterwards?

If you already own the upgrade, you can't purchase the clue from ool.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    I am still missing books from summerset

- Lirendel's Family Shrine
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

is a post-quest location known in the meantime?
    Options
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorebooks add-on updated today.
    Options
  • Daniel141182
    Still no show on the 6 missing books right?
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no show on the 6 missing books right?

As far as I know, no one has reported them yet.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

any idea?
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

any idea?

It looks like there is no post-quest location.
    Options
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses
    * this book was known before Update39, but it became unknown and impossible to read after that patch for people who has already done the related quest

Telvanni Tomes

Those books are bugged from the beginning, except "The Curse of Blackscale Island" that became bugged because the devs changed its cataloguing.

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses

Telvanni Tomes

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses

Telvanni Tomes

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses

Telvanni Tomes

Thank you.

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses

Telvanni Tomes

Also Mud Covered letter ! There is no post quest location. :(
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been putting off running (or even starting) the Necrom main quest because lorebooks, and thinking of finally doing it now.

Are there any books still bugged/unobtainable, and what are any missable ones?
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7993364#Comment_7993364

Apparently, at the very least, The Curse of Blackscale Island is obtainable as a placeable copy, because it is one of the books in uesp list that has coordinates matching to the Forsaken Stronghold home in Bangkorai. (At least other two being Song of Fate and Uluscant's Manifesto.)

Now the question is, how exactly do you obtain it. Can you find it in a random chest if you have already read it, and do you need to do it on the same character you read it on, and do you need to have Eidetic unlocked?
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, at the very least, The Curse of Blackscale Island is obtainable as a placeable copy, because it is one of the books in uesp list that has coordinates matching to the Forsaken Stronghold home in Bangkorai. (At least other two being Song of Fate and Uluscant's Manifesto.)

Now the question is, how exactly do you obtain it. Can you find it in a random chest if you have already read it, and do you need to do it on the same character you read it on, and do you need to have Eidetic unlocked?

Yes
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes

Yes to which of the three?

Edit: clarification:

1) Can you find it in a random chest, or only in treasure map chests? (There are some posts stating the latter.)
    2) Can you find it on any character once the book has been read on any, or only on those who actually read it?
    3) Do you need to have Eidetic Memory unlocked (i.e., Mages' Guild questline finished) on the active character to find it?
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on 9 December 2023 13:13
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

1) Can you find it in a random chest, or only in treasure map chests? (There are some posts stating the latter.)
    2) Can you find it on any character once the book has been read on any, or only on those who actually read it?
    3) Do you need to have Eidetic Memory unlocked (i.e., Mages' Guild questline finished) on the active character to find it?

1. You're asking about a book in the archive, right? Think about it. How do you get furnishing books in the archive?

2. This has been discussed in earlier posts in this thread, but in case you missed them, you need to know the lorebook on your active character to pickup the furnishing.

3. Already answered.

Also, you are not able to learn lorebooks from furnishings, with the exceptions of companion letters, as that's how you learn them in the first place.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm? I remember at least one lorebook was learnable from a furnishing - that's how I got the "Tale of the Dauntless Bananas" on my non-AD characters, before it was given a second placement outside the AD-restricted area of Cyrodiil. Someone placed it as a furnishing and provided a link to visit their house.

So is it possible to get the Blackscale Island book for eidetic this way, by reading it as a furnishing in *someone else's* house?
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that Shalidor’s Library books cannot be read for credit (meaning they won’t improve your Mages Guild rank or count towards Mora’s Whispers) if you read the printed copies as furnishings in a house. Those may be a special case, though.

I have not tried regular Eidetic Memory book furnishings for lore library credit, as all the ones I’ve seen as furnishings I have already had on that character, but I know that reading them does count as reading lorebooks for the daily endeavor. Porting to my house and clicking twice on Pelinal’s Volume Whatever quickly finishes that endeavor.

If it does count, it will be a (very chancy and time-consuming) workaround for some titles, but it will not solve the problem that some lorebooks are simply unobtainable in the game full stop, so no one could possibly get them as furnishings in the first place.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it does count, it will be a (very chancy and time-consuming) workaround for some titles, but it will not solve the problem that some lorebooks are simply unobtainable in the game full stop, so no one could possibly get them as furnishings in the first place.

The bad thing is that ZOS does not answer anything about this point.
    We are floating in an ocean of question marks

Edited by Rishikesa108 on 13 December 2023 03:56
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    GeneralEU wrote: »

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

any idea?

has a cross-account collection for eidetic memory (= excluding crafting styles and shalidor's library) ever been discussed in the forum?

the chapter "summerset" was released more than 5 years ago but still not all post-quest-locations (see comment) have been implemented in the game... it would also solve the problem with the tot clues, which you can collect with the wrong character and can't get afterwards with your main... also subsequently introduced books like "The Curse of Blackscale Island" become accessible...

if zos were interested in the eidetic memory, the books wouldn't be partially bugged for years... unfortunately this is the case, which is why i'm thinking about this approach first...

with this approach, the bugged books could be collected within a few minutes with a second character.

the size and number of posts about eidetic memory show that it is definitely an issue in the community. please listen to our voices for once...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes

1. You're asking about a book in the archive, right?

Nope. I am asking about the overland furnishing drops.
    2. This has been discussed in earlier posts in this thread, but in case you missed them, you need to know the lorebook on your active character to pickup the furnishing.

Is it confirmed? Because frankly, there are a few threads (including the one linked above) claiming otherwise.
    3. Already answered.

It... Wasn't. Just wasn't. At all. Much less, confirmed.
    Also, you are not able to learn lorebooks from furnishings, with the exceptions of companion letters, as that's how you learn them in the first place.

Dead wrong. You can at the very least learn that Cyrodiil book, and it was until some point the ONLY way you could learn it on NA or consoles. Unless you mean the Shalidor's Library lorebooks, which no one really cares about that much, they are hella easy to complete.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

any idea?

has a cross-account collection for eidetic memory (= excluding crafting styles and shalidor's library) ever been discussed in the forum?

the chapter "summerset" was released more than 5 years ago but still not all post-quest-locations (see comment) have been implemented in the game... it would also solve the problem with the tot clues, which you can collect with the wrong character and can't get afterwards with your main... also subsequently introduced books like "The Curse of Blackscale Island" become accessible...

if zos were interested in the eidetic memory, the books wouldn't be partially bugged for years... unfortunately this is the case, which is why i'm thinking about this approach first...

with this approach, the bugged books could be collected within a few minutes with a second character.

the size and number of posts about eidetic memory show that it is definitely an issue in the community. please listen to our voices for once...

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It has been proposed, and it would help many problems but not all. So yes it would be a great thing, but it’s not a silver bullet.

For example, what if you got a ToT clue and dug it up without reading it? Now you can’t get the clue again and none of your characters has it, so account-wide EM doesn’t help. For that I think they should consider adding something akin to the Impresario’s Catalogue, which contains the past event-specific lorebooks and is designed to be updated every time a new event book is added. If they could tie it to our ToT upgrades, we could read a single book to update our EM knowledge for clues there.

And for the lorebooks that aren’t accessible under any circumstances, account-wide EM also doesn’t help until they’re fixed. These get introduced regularly and are not always addressed promptly.
    Options
  • FaerieDragon
    FaerieDragon
    Soul Shriven
    Perhaps what they did for the Impresario's Catalogue was a test on the feasibility of a similar solution for other Eidetic memory book categories
    Options
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    Welanduz wrote: »
    yachoor wrote: »
    Welanduz wrote: »
    agwm_2014 wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find this post quest?

Letter from Druid Laurel

Hi, you can find it at the Beldama Wyrd camp in Glenumbra (sourth of Farwatch wayshrine, where you were during the related quest).

Hi!
    I can't find it. Can you pease help me with a more specific description or with a picture?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Welanduz

Go south from wayshrine until you cross the river - the book is at the tree edge, near a basket

You made my day! :) I was looking near the Beldama Wyrd tree

And for all others blind like me, here a picture :smile:

Letter from Druid Laurel

7tZr3v.png

Greetings, Welanduz

I found this post regarding the Eidetic Book "Letter from Druid Laurel" and the accompanying image and thought to myself "thank god, I can get this off my map". However when I go to where it should be there is nothing there. Below is the image I took of the exact same location where Welanduz's found it.

dvb4ool7apqh.jpg

Okay I found this bit on the notes for "Sojourn of the Druid King". So I was just a tad off my timing since I hadn't done the quest on the character I was on.

If the player picks the quest up from the Crown Store, they should acquire a Letter from Druid Laurel directing them to the first delve. If, however, they pick up the quest by actually encountering Laurel herself in a starting city, they do not obtain this letter. However, it is placed in the quest-specific Beldama camp just south of Farwatch wayshrine after the quest is complete, so it can be read for the purposes of Eidetic Memory documents.
    Edited by aruthandys on 15 December 2023 05:59
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I thought I had confirmed that you couldn't learn lorebooks from in house furnishings, but it turns out that you need the EM unlocked on that toon to be able to do so.

A friend just got new lore from books in my house today. And the week or so before, I had another friend say he didn't get lore updates.

So, I want to apologize for my mistake and misunderstanding.

@Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I thought I had confirmed that you couldn't learn lorebooks from in house furnishings, but it turns out that you need the EM unlocked on that toon to be able to do so.

EM is always active, though, even when it's not visible. A character who reads a book knows it even if they haven't completed the Mages Guild line to be able to see the EM in the library. Once the EM is unlocked, all previously read lorebooks show up; you don't need to reread them. An add-on can display the EM before you do the Mages Guild questline, which it wouldn't be able to do if the game weren't already keeping track of the books behind the scenes. All the MG questline (or add-on) does is make that information visible.

I'd be curious to know if furnishings can drop for lorebooks a character has read if that character hasn't finished the MG questline. I'd suspect so, if the check is for EM knowledge and not the status of the MG questline.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

In an old post of mine I (ironically) said "if EM is not adequately taken into consideration, let's remove it". It was not an exhortation to remove the Eidetic Memory from the game, but rather a warm exhortation to ZOS to take better care of EM, fixing buggy books, introducing non-existent books (currently there are 5 non-existent books in the game) and trying not to insert other content that creates problems with EM. Words in the wind... things continue to be as they are. We had an entire chapter dedicated to the world of books and the god of books in 2023... but things haven't improved at all and a solution isn't even in the project.

Options
  • SJK87
    SJK87
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know if there is any way I can get the book “Letter to Lady Sulima” after the quest is finished?
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

EM is always active, though, even when it's not visible. A character who reads a book knows it even if they haven't completed the Mages Guild line to be able to see the EM in the library. Once the EM is unlocked, all previously read lorebooks show up; you don't need to reread them. An add-on can display the EM before you do the Mages Guild questline, which it wouldn't be able to do if the game weren't already keeping track of the books behind the scenes. All the MG questline (or add-on) does is make that information visible.

I'd be curious to know if furnishings can drop for lorebooks a character has read if that character hasn't finished the MG questline. I'd suspect so, if the check is for EM knowledge and not the status of the MG questline.

That conflates a few different things.

To clarify, EM is NOT tracking which books you have read before, which not. It is the ability to RECALL those you read (i.e., re-read them from memory wherever and whenever you want).

An add-on somehow making that available would not satisfy a requirement, if there is one somewhere, to have EM actually unlocked.

That said, I would really rather have EM become an actual account upgrade, not a per-character hidden thing.
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJK87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is any way I can get the book “Letter to Lady Sulima” after the quest is finished?

You have to go back into the house to get it. It will be where the lorebook addon says it will be.
    Options