Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    look what I have found :) (maybe I am not the first or the only one)
    "rituals of the sprout" in Grahtwood
    q0tgyxxmmcsi.png

*** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
  • SJK87
    SJK87
    Soul Shriven

Tobyja wrote: »
    SJK87 wrote: »
    SJK87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is any way I can get the book “Letter to Lady Sulima” after the quest is finished?

You have to go back into the house to get it. It will be where the lorebook addon says it will be.

The door to the mansion is inactive after i finished quest and no letter in thieves den.

For PC i can confirm Sirona_Starr's comment.
    Only the door on the westside is inactive, the eastern entrance is fine.
    Edit: and you can reread the letter.

Thx a lot! Didn’t know about this entrance.

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How Rajhin Stole the Book that Knows" is currently at the weekly vendor in the archive. I grouped with someone on the quest to learn it and could then buy it. If anyone is still missing it and needs to read it, I have left a copy in my Mara's Kiss Inn Room (PC EU, same name in game, house should be open to visitors).
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Any News on these?

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses
    2) Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    3) The Curse of Blackscale Island *
    4) Zeirinia's Silent Admission
    * this book was known before Update39, but it became unknown and impossible to read after that patch for people who has already done the related quest

Telvanni Tomes
    1) Closed by Order of the Abbot
    2) Communications Between Nilphas and Thorin
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Any News on these?

Apocryphal Pages:
    1) Ilasaba's Excuses
    2) Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    3) The Curse of Blackscale Island *
    4) Zeirinia's Silent Admission
    * this book was known before Update39, but it became unknown and impossible to read after that patch for people who has already done the related quest

Telvanni Tomes
    1) Closed by Order of the Abbot
    2) Communications Between Nilphas and Thorin

Zero news...
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Good news guys :3
    But this need confirn by someone from NA server:

9u51n97vp7c7.png
    Edited by GeneralEU on 29 January 2024 19:55
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

9u51n97vp7c7.png

Found all of them.

Journal of justicuar avanaire require you to read a book before it appears. I'm still figuring out which.

Blackscale island is right outside the delve.

Communications is in the main central room of Kimmel-ze by the door to the quest boss.

Order of the abbot is on a very obvious signpost in front of the necropolis in the middle of Necrom outside the door.

The three books are found on bookshelf platforms in the hall of secrets/last room of the Ravening Morass building. They are all scrolls and easy to spot.

All bugged books accounted for and readable.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

9u51n97vp7c7.png

Found all of them.

Journal of justicuar avanaire require you to read a book before it appears. I'm still figuring out which.

Blackscale island is right outside the delve.

Communications is in the main central room of Kimmel-ze by the door to the quest boss.

Order of the abbot is on a very obvious signpost in front of the necropolis in the middle of Necrom outside the door.

The three books are found on bookshelf platforms in the hall of secrets/last room of the Ravening Morass building. They are all scrolls and easy to spot.

All bugged books accounted for and readable.

Good to know :3
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone figures out the required book for the Journal of Justiciar Avanaire to appear, please let me know
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Are you able to give us a hint (or just tell us) which other book the patch notes are talking about for the Journal of Justiciar Avanaire? I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure it out XD
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• IdolaDeus
    IdolaDeus
    So we finally get some fix with Apocryphal Pages and Telvanni Tomes.

And some fix with Summerset Scrolls! Good to know.

BTW, is there any fix with other book in Tor-Hame-Khard? I've got “Journal of Justiciar Avanaire” but missed “For Captain Telomure”.

Since they're in the same quest I hope the later one has also been fixed in PTS.

Edited by IdolaDeus on 30 January 2024 08:58
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    [...]
    Sorry, maybe you missunderstood something? There's no requirement for reading the Journal, as far as i know. They fixed a bug that hides the Journal, if you had read an other book before. And that's no longer the case.
    Or do i miss something?
    Edited by Tobyja on 30 January 2024 12:06
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    [...]
    Sorry, maybe you missunderstood something? There's no requirement for reading the Journal, as far as i know. They fixed a bug that hides the Journal, if you had read an other book before. And that's no longer the case.
    Or do i miss something?

On my main character, I completed the quest when summerset came out. I did it with a friend and/or missed reading it in my quest log and just never learned the book itself. It disappeared and I could not ever go back and read it on that character.

Then they added a fix to keep the book from disappearing years later, but it never worked for me. The book remained gone. I went in on the pts when it launched, and it's still gone.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    While I appreciate ZoS fixing the last of the bugged books from the Necrom chapter, I'm still amazed that still haven't gone back and fixed the rest of the repeatedly reported bugged books from Summerset.

Unless I've missed a recent update, books such as:
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 8
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 13
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 18
    still DO NOT have a post quest location. This is a problem if you were grouped with another person to accomplish the King's Haven Pass delve quest "Savage Truths." Reading these books step out the quest and if you weren't the person in the group to read the book, it disappears forever. For example, I was grouped with another player for this quest and I read 2 and the groupmate read 2. There may have been other Summerset books that also had this same issue, but luckily I was solo at the time.

To this day, those 2 missing Naliaria's Notes lore book entries are all I'm missing on my main toon outside of the 6 Necrom books that are getting fixed in U41.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuffNukem wrote: »
    While I appreciate ZoS fixing the last of the bugged books from the Necrom chapter, I'm still amazed that still haven't gone back and fixed the rest of the repeatedly reported bugged books from Summerset.

Unless I've missed a recent update, books such as:
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 8
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 13
    - Naliara's Notes, Days 18
    still DO NOT have a post quest location. This is a problem if you were grouped with another person to accomplish the King's Haven Pass delve quest "Savage Truths." Reading these books step out the quest and if you weren't the person in the group to read the book, it disappears forever. For example, I was grouped with another player for this quest and I read 2 and the groupmate read 2. There may have been other Summerset books that also had this same issue, but luckily I was solo at the time.

To this day, those 2 missing Naliaria's Notes lore book entries are all I'm missing on my main toon outside of the 6 Necrom books that are getting fixed in U41.

I went in on the PTS looking for the book they fixed, and again, it's still gone. I did the same thing where I was grouped with another player and they read the book, making it disappear forever. I believe that's where this bug comes into play; having a group member read the book first.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know why books have to disappear anyway. ZOS should let them all stay in the world, no matter what. And of course don't close buildings/structures/whatever post-quest. Until certain requirements are fullfilled, ok. Close things, hide them, do what you want. But after? I don't see any need to not let people backtrack, whenever they want.

So, i'm not on pts. Checked Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, For Captain Telomure and Pearl Research Notes, Log 3 on live-server and pre-quest. Soloed the delve, all (seemingly questrelated) books are readable and keep staying in the world after reading (obviously because quest-relationship).
    I don't know, but: did you guys, who have trouble with one of those books, try to group again - with someone, who has read the books pre-quest and opens the quest, so he/she will not miss one him-/herself, but the books should be still there?
    Just an idea.

Something different... today i stumbled over
    Challenge of the Paramount and Challenge of the Archivist from tomes of tributes,
    outside of the Gonfalon Gaming Hall. One in the north, the other on the southside.
    Dont't know when they were added there, missed any info about it.
    Just saying.
    Edited by Tobyja on 1 February 2024 07:38
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, but: did you guys, who have trouble with one of those books, try to group again - with someone, who has read the books pre-quest and opens the quest, so he/she will not miss one him-/herself, but the books should be still there?
    Just an idea.

Naliara's Notes in King's Haven Pass do not work that way. The notes ONLY appear while actively on the quest and are highlighted by quest markers. Once a group member has read each one, they immediately disappear, and there is no Post Quest location known. The only way both players in a group to get credit for each of the lore books is to abandon the quest just before finishing and run it back again with each member picking up the ones they didn't get the first time. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this critical lore book bug in 2017 and completed the delve quest at the time, and since I can't ever repeat the quest I currently have no known means to get those missing lore books on my main until ZoS adds a post-quest location. This bug has been reported for years in this and several other threads, so I'm surprised that after almost 7 years this bug is still hasn't been fixed.
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    So …. No post quest location for “mud covered letter” still even In PTS ? :((
  • IdolaDeus
    IdolaDeus
    Don't know why books have to disappear anyway. ZOS should let them all stay in the world, no matter what. And of course don't close buildings/structures/whatever post-quest. Until certain requirements are fullfilled, ok. Close things, hide them, do what you want. But after? I don't see any need to not let people backtrack, whenever they want.

So, i'm not on pts. Checked Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, For Captain Telomure and Pearl Research Notes, Log 3 on live-server and pre-quest. Soloed the delve, all (seemingly questrelated) books are readable and keep staying in the world after reading (obviously because quest-relationship).
    Just an idea.

Something different... today i stumbled over
    Challenge of the Paramount and Challenge of the Archivist from tomes of tributes,
    outside of the Gonfalon Gaming Hall. One in the north, the other on the southside.
    Dont't know when they were added there, missed any info about it.
    Just saying.

Doesn't work for me on live-server. My friend can see those books pre/on quest, but I just see nothing.

What my groupmate see:
    lb27bzzph4m8.jpg

What I see:
    vnnyywu3cszq.jpg

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I checked the prologue and the two new dungeons.
    I found most of the notes/books, but two I didn't find
    All Our Perfect Forms - Dungeon/Proloque?
    The Prophecy of Anudnabia - Dungeon/Proloque?

This one is probably from the prologue:
    The Bladesongs of Boethra, Volume III - Prologue?

This one from the prologue, but for some reason if you take the quest from the Crown Store you don't get the note to EQ nor can you find it in the world.
    Letter from Leramil the Wise

And this one is broken.... I mean you can see in the game world, but the interaction does not open the book itself:
    The Nine Coruscations, Volume I

A total of 31 books/notes have been added
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one from the prologue, but for some reason if you take the quest from the Crown Store you don't get the note to EQ nor can you find it in the world.

And this one is broken.... I mean you can see in the game world, but the interaction does not open the book itself:

Bladesongs vol 3 can be found in the prologue at the temple with vol 2 on either side of the door behind the senche-raht in Dune.
    Edited by Djennku on 2 February 2024 02:05
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Bladesongs vol 3 can be found in the prologue at the temple with vol 2 on either side of the door behind the senche-raht in Dune.

Ohh, so 2 missing and 2 bugged :3

Thanks!
    Edited by GeneralEU on 2 February 2024 02:32
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also still two books which have no post-quest location, which can be reached only by joining a group with a player who is in mid-quest:

Cipher Akacirn's Journal (Apocrypha, Quires Wind)

Arnoit and Lisette: The Truth (Galen)

In both cases, the book is in an area which is only temporarily available, and has no post-quest location. More to the point, even "finding someone who's in the correct portion of the quest to group up with" is not entirely easy since in both cases, it's only a fairly short quest, and finding someone who is in the middle of it - rather than hasn't started it, or has already finished it - is itself problematic: so this really should not be the solution.

So these two books need a PERMANENTLY ACCESSIBLE post-quest location, in an area that does not close off, and does not rely on being part of a group with someone whose quest status is at the right point.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Letter from Lermail the Wise is from the Necrom Prologue. Did they bug it out and remove it from the EM? I have it on live.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Inventory at Quest-Start? Under Quest Items?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Letter from Lermail the Wise is from the Necrom Prologue. Did they bug it out and remove it from the EM? I have it on live.

I check the data and it looks like there are 2 lists with the same title added in U37 and U41, but with different content.

Quest
    In U37 - I received a letter from Leramil the Wise. She asked me to meet her in Stormhaven.
    In U41 - I received a letter from Leramil the Wise. Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Fate, requires a mortal proxy. The Dremora Torvesard seeks to unlock a secret hidden in the vaults of Apocrypha. If he succeeds, reality itself could be in danger.

Letter from U37 -

Fate has selected you to aid me in a perilous situation. Know that the future of at least two worlds hangs in the balance.

The Lord of Secrets, Hermaeus Mora, has predicted that only with your assistance can I save Nirn. Meet me in Stormhaven and learn more of this dire threat.

Leramill the Wise

Letter from U41 -

Once again, Hermaeus Mora calls upon you to serve as fate's champion. The Dremora Torvesard seeks to unlock a secret hidden in the depths of Apocrypha. If he succeeds, reality itself could be in peril.

The Lord of Secrets predicts that only with your assistance can we deflect Torvesard from his reckless course. Meet me in your alliance's capital city and I will explain what is required of you.

Leramill the Wise
    Maybe Inventory at Quest-Start? Under Quest Items?

After i take a quest? Yes i check many times furing quest :disorddownemote: xD
    Edited by GeneralEU on 2 February 2024 11:44
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can get "Letter to Vibius Sosia" post quest? I'm on Xbox EU so can't use a pc addon.

UESP suggests it is in the Waking Flame Camp, but I cannot get in the entrance after the "Peace's wretched price" quest.

Map marker of where to get in during the quest shown here:

89vtrxvs32kw.png

Thanks in advance.
    Edited by LMarshall910 on 4 February 2024 14:47
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can get "Letter to Vibius Sosia" post quest? I'm on Xbox EU so can't use a pc addon.

UESP suggests it is in the Waking Flame Camp, but I cannot get in the entrance after the "Peace's wretched price" quest.

Map marker of where to get in during the quest shown here:

89vtrxvs32kw.png

Thanks in advance.

This note is probably bugged if you didn't collect it during the quest...
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually found these books on bookshelves?

Emeric's Judgment - Galen and Y'ffelon
    Exodus of the Druids - Galen and Y'ffelon
    The Tempest and the Sunflower - Galen and Y'ffelon
    The Distributed Soul - Imperial City/Sewers (addon says Shadowfen though)
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • IdolaDeus
    IdolaDeus
    RoseVex wrote: »
    Has anyone actually found these books on bookshelves?

Emeric's Judgment - Galen and Y'ffelon
    Exodus of the Druids - Galen and Y'ffelon
    The Tempest and the Sunflower - Galen and Y'ffelon
    The Distributed Soul - Imperial City/Sewers (addon says Shadowfen though)

I've not played Galen yet. The Distributed Soul is randomly spawned in Imperial City bookshelves, with a very-low probability. I found it about 4 month ago, when trying to get year 2920 Vol 27, which is also in IC bookshelves.
    Edited by IdolaDeus on 4 February 2024 20:26