Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• JosephDMachado
    Same issue and it's not my connection. Everything else works fine.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    I believe PSN is pooched again.

I tried this game and Destiny and both are not working correctly. Other PSN services come and go in terms of availability.

GG, Sony.
  • deanchildb16_ESO
    yep.....PSN seem to be the only thing letting the PS4 down currently...real shame.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think they would have a better infrastructure considering they have nearly PSN Plus 8 million subscribers...
  • Stoik
    Stoik
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

1. PS4
    2. North America
    3. Yes, for hours straight most of the time with only the semi-occasional disconnect
    4. I can occasionally log back into my character but most of the time it gets stuck on "requesting character load." If I do make it into the game it disconnects again after two minutes or so
    5. Both
    6. It seems like I can log into the Europe server but none of my characters are there so it doesn't help me. And I still get kicked in less than two minutes

Up until about an hour ago I was able to play just fine for the most part, I had actually been having a few more disconnects than usual but it was never this bad.
  • illuzian
    illuzian
    ✭✭
    What platform are you on?
    PS4
    What server are you logging into?
    NA
    Have you been able to play before?
    Yes and I can play
    Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    Immediately after on most occasions
    Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    Getting kicked
    Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?
    Not applicable

So I'll be in AvA and people will start stuttering about, after a while everyone will freeze but if I'm in chat they are still talking, wait a couple of minutes and I'll get this error.

Doesn't seem to matter as to how many people are about but I've noticed audio crackling and popping when there's a significant number of players around.
  • deanchildb16_ESO
    Yet, again being kicked with same problem, Sat 25 Jul 12 time and today Sun 26 Jul about 7 times this is getting silly can someone provide feedback on where we stand with this problem?
  • SamuelCroft
    SamuelCroft
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?

1. PlayStation4
    2. Europe
    3. Yes. This started about 2 weeks ago.
    4. Yes. I can usually log straight back on.
    5. The game sops, and I am presented with the first screen of ESO (the one with the three headed dragon ring) and the error is displayed beside this.
    6. Yes; North America
  • StormPoet
    StormPoet

My husband and I are both having the same issue... sometimes when it's just one of us logged in and sometimes when it is both of us.
    1. PS4
    2. US
    3. Yes
    4. Yes but sometimes we get another message saying the login timed out and sometimes the announcements wont come up either.
    5. Getting kicked from the game with this message.
    6. Haven't tried to.
  • nonotuseamus

1, PS4
    2, Europe
    3, Yes, without crashes for the first 2 days
    4, Sometimes, often takes multiple attempts and restarting the system
    5, Both, usually kicked when entering/leaving caves or using wayshrines then unable to reconnect
    6, unconfirmed - can access the US server but have not played at any length as my characters are EU based

hope this helps, bug has been around for a long time and is ruining an otherwise great game!
    Edited by nonotuseamus on 27 July 2015 19:04
  • JudgeGigolo
    Myself and a couple of friends both have Virgin Media as our internet provider.
    When we DC with this error, it's always at exactly the same time.
  • mattysmith1981
    Ps4
    Europe
    Yes
    Yep could log straight back in
    Being kicked then sent back to login screen, then seeing this error
    Not on different server

On Virgin media, my chat doesn't cut out whilst it's kicked me. I can continue in party. Also getting Lua error.
  • JosephDMachado
    I'm still having this issue....
  • david_linn@att.net
    david_linn@att.net
    Soul Shriven
    What platform are you on? Ps4
    What server are you logging into? North America
    Have you been able to play before? No problems for the last month or so
    Were you able to play after seeing this error? NO
    Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt? Upon log in
    Are you able to successfully log in on a different server? Can't get past the login screen!

Only game it happens on
  • deanchildb16_ESO
    Having same issue

PS4

European server

PSN working fine but not ESO

Just can not log in once I have selected European server.

Can log into USA server.......after logging into USA server the European one is now working....very strange
    Edited by deanchildb16_ESO on 29 July 2015 16:00
  • deicide2673
    Can log into U.S. Server but not Europe server.
    Unable to connect to the "PSN"
    So tiresome..........
  • Bountikiller1212
    Me too, i can login only into U.S. server but not europe server and the message : " enable to connect to psn"...
  • MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    Still having this problem. I suggest we keep bumping this topic so it stays at the top of the list. Maybe then they will give us some serious answers.
    So *BUMP*
  • JosephDMachado
    I'm still having this issue as well. All I'm trying to do is pick up corn.... I should have bought this at GameStop...
  • linkin120289
    It happens to me since last update.

I am on eu server

Ps4

And yes I can login after but being kicked every 5 minutes
  • deanchildb16_ESO
    Yet again been kicked 8 time this morning with same message.......can you please fix this!!!! or else this game is getting traded in as currently unplayable
  • Ghola1
    Ghola1
    Soul Shriven

New PS4 bought same day with Elder Scrolls
    United States server
    Can play on/off but Network Message occurs 2 - 3 over a couple hours then I give up (no other game has problem)
    I have been able to play after the error message
    It kicks me from the game. Login is not an issue.
    Never tried logging into different country.

My connection is hard wired (not wireless) to Comcast router

Any updates would be helpful. If this can't be fixed I'll have to return everything.

Thank you.
  • nonotuseamus
    still no acknowledgement from ZOS on here after 6 weeks and nearly 8000 views...
  • WellJustSayin
    WellJustSayin
    ✭✭
    I will keep supporting and bumping all related threads until we get an answer from ZOS. This is sad. The game is nearly broken in its current state. We arent the only ones having this issue, we just happen to be the ones who took to the forum.
    How are they expecting to sell a PVP dlc when I cant even stay IN the game. Im blue screening constantly and wondering if its harming my system. Talk to us ZOS. Stop blaming Sony and internet connections. My internet is fine.
  • nonotuseamus
    are you guys finding that the crashes are happening more during peak times? if so maybe ill let ZOS know that they really do need to upgrade these so called "mega" servers
  • Puzzel_Piece
    Puzzel_Piece
    Soul Shriven
    To those having this issue,

I as well have been getting extreme lag/getting booted back to the main menu screen. From there I am unable to login again.

Having played around with every setting I can think of I believe I have minimized the amount of times this issue occurs simply by removing myself from all voice chat channels and setting my MTU on my PS4 to 1432. At first I tested with just the removal of voice chat and noticed it helped quite a bit.

For now I am monitoring and have yet to experience any lagging/booting in the past 5 hours, whereas it used to happen every 20 minutes. If anyone else could test this it would be appreciated. :)

Edit: I still get slight periods of lag where all characters stop moving, but it hasn't lasted for more than a few seconds, where before it would continue until I was booted from the game.
    Edited by Puzzel_Piece on 3 August 2015 23:29
  • nonotuseamus

I as well have been getting extreme lag/getting booted back to the main menu screen. From there I am unable to login again.

Having played around with every setting I can think of I believe I have minimized the amount of times this issue occurs simply by removing myself from all voice chat channels and setting my MTU on my PS4 to 1432. At first I tested with just the removal of voice chat and noticed it helped quite a bit.

For now I am monitoring and have yet to experience any lagging/booting in the past 5 hours, whereas it used to happen every 20 minutes. If anyone else could test this it would be appreciated. :)

Edit: I still get slight periods of lag where all characters stop moving, but it hasn't lasted for more than a few seconds, where before it would continue until I was booted from the game.

Tried to enter a delve, and having it crash 8 times in a row (literally) was infuriating. tried your fix and i could enter first time, maybe a coincidence but i really hope not! thanks for sharing all the same!
  • Puzzel_Piece
    Puzzel_Piece
    Soul Shriven
    Update: Played through the entire day with no issues other than the occasional short lag spike. Interested to hear if this fix has resolved the issue for others.
  • illuzian
    illuzian
    ✭✭

Just wanted to say you're my demihero. It's fixed some of the crazy lag but I definitely got the freeze crash.. something else going on there but AvA seemed more playable at least.

I set my MTU to 1492 to match my ISP's DSLAM max MTU.. totally had no idea you could set MTU manually on the PS4
  • deanchildb16_ESO
    I am being kicked at least twice on a evening session can be more on a bad night, I can still speak on the VOIP system within game before finally being kicked out. I live in UK and on Virgin cable, I see here a number of persons on Virgin having the issue and I beginning to wonder if this is a Virgin issue?