Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    been having this problem several times today since downloading the new patch..

Ps4
    EU megaserver

All my other devices work great, am able to log in immediately afterwards.
    Seems like the game just looses track of itself..
    Annoying

Edit: since posting this 18 min ago it has happened 4 times!
    Edited by gamsir on 25 June 2015 12:45
  • FastClau
    FastClau
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

1. Xbox
    2. EU
    3. Yes
    4. Most times NO. I gave up, and returned in a few hours! Usually in the afternoon it doesn't work
    5. When trying to login
    6. On the US server it works, I guess, it takes me to the beginning of the game, in prison
  • IbarraDoug
    Looks like this is a bigger problem than I thought.

You going to give us any update if you're even looking into this issue, Zenimax?
  • TJY_Sneakerhead
    TJY_Sneakerhead
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problems.
    I'm on my PS4, NA server.
    I've been able to play it at a friends house on my own PS4.
    When seeing this error I'm kicked but can still login again.
    When the error message appears I am being kicked from the game.
    I have not played on another server.

**My play time only ranges from 2-10 minutes. I haven't been able to play longer than that at my house..
  • IbarraDoug
    The game has been out for 2 weeks...

I'm not even going to credit this to "launch issues"

Love the game but this is ridiculous. I didn't buy it day 1 to sit here getting frustrated.
  • Ceirios1
    Ceirios1
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?

This is my second post (with more details). I couldn't find a delete button

1. PS4
    2. North America
    3. Yes, always, but with constant disconnections
    4. Yes, but how often do I get this error message varies on the time I login
    5. Both login attempts and while playing
    6. I've played on EU for a bit and still getting the same error message

I see a lot of players with Comcast as their provider, including myself and i'm having this same exact issue!

Could Comcast be the problem here? can everyone list, who's their internet provider? please
    Edited by Ceirios1 on 26 June 2015 02:04
  • Yaden101
    Yaden101
    I have Comcast and it's happening to me on EU server and NA server.
    Having the same problems.
    I'm on my PS4, NA server.
    I've been able to play it at a friends house on my own PS4.
    When seeing this error I'm kicked but can still login again.
    When the error message appears I am being kicked from the game.
    I have not played on another server.

**My play time only ranges from 2-10 minutes. I haven't been able to play longer than that at my house..
    Does your friend have Comcast I'm just wondering because of what @Ceirios1 said
  • Zsteelo
    Zsteelo
    It's not Comcast, I'm with Flip in New Zealand and having the problem of it dropping out at load screens.
  • clydethegnome
    clydethegnome
    Soul Shriven
    IbarraDoug wrote: »
    If this doesn't get resolved soon is it possible to demand a full refund somehow? This is infuriating.

Yep this needs to be resolved. I've tried everything to play this game. Even spent extra money on Plus and crowns expecting this would pan out. We are coming up on 3 weeks here after the weekend. This is unacceptable.

ALL OTHER ONLINE GAMES WORK FINE.

FFiv is an mmo. That works fine.
    All the other online only games I have work fine.
    All the online optional games i have work fine playing co-op online.

The game is nothing but a coaster pretty soon.

It gets real old getting booted constantly. All my good friends are in the 40's or VR rank allready. I've been left in the dust. I'll be leveling with peoples alts. :| (Insert bad words here)

Everyone this is happening to need to remember to shut off their auto renewal for ESO Plus if the games not gonna work.
  • AirborneDiablo

EDIT: I was able to log into the game successfully 3 times. The first time I played for maybe 5 minutes without the game freezing and needing to be closed, the second I was kicked maybe 10 seconds into seeing the area around me, and the third lasted even less time than that.

1. PS4
    2. NA
    3. Yes, before the patch I crashed at almost every loading screen and sometimes while just moving in an open and unpopulated area.
    4. No, I haven't been able to get into the game for even 1 second since the patch.
    5. Login attempt. I select the character I want to play on and it either boots me to the title screen, or my application crashes.
    6. EDIT: No, it crashed as I was making my character
    Edited by AirborneDiablo on 26 June 2015 17:58
  • IbarraDoug
    So it's not just Comcast. Because I was even considering switching ISPs.

I'm able to play it perfectly fine on my PS4 at friends' houses. It has to be some kind of disconnect between our connection to their server.

If ZOS would just figure it out and tell us if there's a certain setting we should change I'd truly appreciate it.
  • Yaden101
    Yaden101
    Oh I was reading more complaints on this issue and I can confirm that it's not JUST Comcast. This needs to be fixed or at least given acknowledgement to. I really want to play this game.
    Edited by Yaden101 on 26 June 2015 22:49
  • tonyj213
    tonyj213
    Soul Shriven
    same here
    1. PS4
    2. north america an eu same thing
    3. played 40 mins max before getting kicked
    4.yes see only 10 mins or so though
    5. I usually get in and play between 10 -40 mins get kicked and get the message everyone else gets
    6. Yes
  • AirborneDiablo
    Mine occasionally works now, it still needs fixed though.
  • IbarraDoug
    I have been getting like 30 min run times.

But I'd still like it to be truly fixed..
  • Yaden101
    Yaden101
    I think it might just be the server capacity if there are signs of it getting better. I'm still unsure and desperate for this to be fully fixed.
  • IbarraDoug
    I'm not even going to play it until it's fixed.

I've got Witcher and Arkham to keep me occupied.
  • clydethegnome
    clydethegnome
    Soul Shriven
    It isn't fixed. Tried to play last night 1 am to 3 am cst. 10 to 20 minutes sessions.

What's going on ZOS??

The new free Planetside 2 doesn't boot me.
    Edited by clydethegnome on 27 June 2015 21:01
  • Alex_
    Alex_
    Aaaaand its still ongoing even after the 15gig update..
  • carlmcse
    carlmcse
    Yep I get this as well on the North America server which my character is on. However when I tried to connect to the European server I could but I'm not starting the damn game again, also getting kicked all the time since the patch but was getting kicked before but not as much. To be fair it mostly happens in Cyrodiil and I keep getting a problem opening doors or using wayshrines the option to use them is there but pressing X does not activate it everything is deactivated. The only way out is to close the game and start it again which I should not have to do!
  • mrandolph
    mrandolph
    Soul Shriven
    What platform are you on? Ps4
    What server are you logging into? North america
    Have you been able to play before? No, bought this as a father's day gift never gets past loading
    Were you able to play after seeing this error?never
    Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?never able to log in
    Are you able to successfully log in on a different server? No
  • ctdubb
    ctdubb
    Soul Shriven
    Still getting kicmed!!! Please help! All of my friends are at least 10 Lil's higher than me. so I can't quest or anything with them! Please let us know what's going on... Are you working on the problem??? Is there a end in sight??? About to set the game down . This is making it unbearable! Please help
  • IbarraDoug
    I really don't think Zenimax even cares. The ZOS staff member that commented hasn't done a single follow up at all. Utterly ridiculous and terrible customer service.
  • Alex_
    Alex_
    Idd its absurt thats theres no reaction of zos the last 20 Posts.....

Just post here everyday the problem lasts. :wink:
  • IbarraDoug
    The page has 1.6k views... How is it not getting attention from ZOS?
  • Alex_
    Alex_
    Funny thing is, i was a beta player and never had problems. Since i bought the full game its nothing but trouble...

Also funny is when i press the reply button it says: PAGE NOT FOUND
    The page you were looking for could not be found.

If they cant get this forum working, how Will they ever manage to fix the game? :neutral:
  • Yaden101
    Yaden101
    Alex_ wrote: »
    Idd its absurt thats theres no reaction of zos the last 20 Posts.....

Just post here everyday the problem lasts. :wink:

This is literally what we all have to do. Keep posting on this until it finally gets attention assuming it hasn't. I haven't been able to play this game since launch.
  • sadler66
    sadler66
    Soul Shriven
    I'm finding the vast majority of my disconnects are when I'm in the UI -- usually the crafting or conversation screens. I'll easily get dropped after 2 minutes too sometimes -- after about the 3rd or 4th time I end up quitting and play something else :(
  • CHUCK_NORDIS
    CHUCK_NORDIS
    Soul Shriven
    This is so sad I want to play but it won't let me login keeps going on about not having valid internet but I do and it works on other games
  • IbarraDoug
    It is sad that so many are having this problem and they haven't said anything about what to do or if they're fixing it.