Official Discussion Thread for “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership”

• themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone who really likes this game recommend another MMO for me (either that is out now or in development)?

Yes me too please. Really like the game buT I will be jumping ship with the rest of the rats
    Options
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Incoming in the shop soon..

Lockboxes with "potentially" special loot in them.....

Omg, helms and shoulders in them you don't have to grind! Did get what you wanted, buy more crowns for more chances at getting that CoA light impen helm
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you merge the other threads into this? I just don't want to keep typing how this is not SWTOR or how F2P did not kill SWTOR either. There's just too much hyperbole to address.
    Options
  • M0bi
    M0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Well, will try for a month more in Free to Play model to see how it goes...but...Bethesda/Zenimax you have only succeeded, now, in creating a cash grab MMO. Sure, larger playerbase, but the KIND of player that is drawn to Free to Play.......yuck.....

Say goodbye to your good and constant cash flow (however small it may have been, it will only get smaller and more irregular now)...and say hello to hacking/bad or unsavoury chats/ trolls (thinking of dungeons etc)....

*SIS* Bethesda....Shame on you....Shame ON YOU. :'(
    FOR THE DOMINION!!
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    How you gonna handle bots and gold sellers in f2p? Idiots

Charge $60 for the game up front?

You obviously were not here when the bots and gold sellers were taking over and getting totally out of control. The $60 purchase price didn't even slow them down.

No, I wasn't. I bought the game for half-price in the Steam Thanksgiving sale.

I know, I'm a filthy casual.

I don't care how you bought ESO or at what price I was commenting on the bots and gold sellers not batting an eye at the purchase price of ESO. If you have a personal hygiene issue that sounds like a personal problem you may want to address.

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made a lot of us who defended the integrity of the game out to be fools and chummed the water for the trolls. Does this mean we can expect a return of the gold sellers and bots? All hail the almighty dollar.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • vechislov
    vechislov
    Soul Shriven
    Why all so hate this news? This is a good for the game. This change will attract new players. The only thing I hope ZOS will create more adventure zones, rather than one Сraglorn.
    And I don't understand those, who spaek about leaving the game. If you like the game, then why do you say that you want to leave it right now? Play to update. Check them out and then decide.
    And this is not F2P, it's B2P with subscription.

I have not read the entire discussion, but I have read enough number of posts to create an opinion.
    Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only a few weeks until evolve is released and ill no longer need ESO. Modded skyrims still have more gameplay then anything ESO can do now. Farewell ESO i enjoyed it while it lasted.

got three weeks to give away my *** and say goodbye to friends ive met along the way.

just 3 Weeks until Evolve....
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    When I logged on today and received this "good news" message, I logged off right away. Sorry, but you spoiled my evening. I need a night or two to sleep over this and rethink my daily schedule. Thanks for the fun I had until now.
    Options
  • Hrafnar
    Hrafnar
    ✭✭
    This is pathetic.
    No Retreat, No Surrender
    Options
  • ndantony
    ndantony
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's a shame the sub model couldn't survive the console launch, but that's down to the way console gaming is run.

I think this is the best option available, it sounds very much like the model adopted in TSW and it works well there.

People complaining about F2P need to recognise that this game is not going F2P, it is going B2P. The need to buy the box before being able to play the game goes a long way to preventing the kind of deterioration in the community that is prevalent in F2P games.

As for all the complaints about the change, they were as predictable as the change itself and my guess is that a good many of them will either not cancel over this or will be back soon after the change. It'll still be a very decent game, and it may just be a more populated and better game. I'm happy to wait and see.

True. F2P is very hard model to do it right... you either have it ends up to be like P2W and/or a lot "freeloaders" and "leechers". But B2P doesn't do too well either. If you look at TSW... it's dying right now. People who refused the subscription in the first place are usually very reluctant to do B2P. They are more wanting to do "freeloading". I don't think ZOS should have given in to this kind of demand. But it's all good.

Either way, it doesn't effect much to us P2P subscribers anyway, except maybe that cash shop thing, now that ZOS find a way to implement the cash shop for more revenue without much disagreement like when the last time it tried. It a step forward for ZOS, however. And last, I feel a bit satisfied because it'll get those freeloaders good!! Haha.
    Options
  • Smickerton
    Smickerton
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership.”

Find out more about the excellent in-game benefits that all ESO Plus members will enjoy in Tamriel Unlimited!

Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serious request.

Can you keep the PvP campaigns separate to the B2P(F2P) PvP campaigns. Otherwise they're gonna get trolled real bloody hard.

Dungeons aren't gonna be too bad as you will most likely know who you are grouping with and if you don't at least you can leave, kick or report players etc
    PC EU
    Options
  • Smickerton
    Smickerton
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like I've payed to be in the longest beta test ever! Hope they reward us for being there right from the start... but i doubt it :/
    Options
  • M0bi
    M0bi
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost like....I need someone to give me a hug and tell me that everything will be okay :'(
    FOR THE DOMINION!!
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i was obset. Now i enjoy it... all the pain and struggle is gone! I will not play this as much anymore maybe but im sure it will be more fun due to a way bigger playerbase. Im sure they planned that long time now and i allready see the serverporfarmence going doooooooooooown! They cant handle the existing players that arent much and numbers will grow for sure.

Im just angry because we all were betrayed and of course its all about money... i angry about myself beeing so naiv.
    Options
  • vechislov
    vechislov
    Soul Shriven
    M0bi wrote: »
    It's almost like....I need someone to give me a hug and tell me that everything will be okay :'(
    Everything will be okay!
    Options
  • Romtim
    Romtim
    ✭✭
    vechislov wrote: »
    M0bi wrote: »
    Everything will be okay!

NAAAAAHT!
    Options
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with what they're doing. Price doesn't seem to be going up. They need to elaborate more on the ESO Plus system and Tamriel Unlimited (What are they? How are they going to change the game?).

Holding my breath for the console release... now. :[
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrafnar wrote: »
    This is pathetic.

You're referring of course, to the hand-wringing, wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread?
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo yeah I supported ESO, happily payed my subscription to beta test the console. Great I feel like a sucker. I feel sad that Zenimax is doing this and frankly I'll have to seriously reconsider if I'll continue to support ESO and Zenimax. I pre-purchased ESO's Imperial Edition and payed $15 a month every since 4.4.14 with the promise of no cash shop, and no additional fees with every piece of gear and all content available to every player in game. The cash shop with content I would have to buy breaks the promise of all content available at no extra costs, in short Zenimax lied to the PC users from the start. Zenimax you're now promising no pay to win items...another lie that you'll backpedal on in six months? "The game will still be the best place to get the best gear." - Matt Firor. I can't in all honestly trust this statement will be true in the future, I've been lied to so everything you say is suspect.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSDB wrote: »
    1. ESO Plus, wtf...marketing manager...get your arse shaved and kicked! So much lore within ESO / Tamriel and you come up with Plus...lol...

This is an excellent point.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ... Is it too late to come up with a cool name for the premium subscribers?

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Hrafnar
    Hrafnar
    ✭✭
    Hrafnar wrote: »
    This is pathetic.

You're referring of course, to the hand-wringing, wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread?

For the first time ever, no, I agree with them. And if I agree with the doomsayers, this is some serious [snip] :)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 9 February 2015 14:46
    No Retreat, No Surrender
    Options
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    This is so damn pathetic and I am so sick of these ****ing companies going in this direction of PAY TO WIN. I will be cancelling my sub and I will never play an MMO with this model. I paid a sub gladly for the development of the game and this is all just a huge slap in the face to those who have paid a sub since launch. And they told us that this would never happen... there would never be a cash shop. lol /facepalm

I left a game that went B2P not a pay to win or a free to play, and I was happy to do it when I thought I was contributing to a developing game base that had great potential... but just like every other greedy company they want to milk what they can from you and move on to the next failure.

ZOS and all the other companies that go this route of P2W really don't care about gaming or MMO's (shocked? lol) They're just greedy lazy a**holes who think that me paying for content and developing the game is somehow gonna make me now spend my sub money on a mount or something stupid.... really? You think I want in game items and crap instead of the continuation of a developing MMO...? Lots of people will fall for this P2W crap and I hope you choke on them lol your not getting a dime from me anymore.

Elder Scrolls Online Angry Review - Published on Apr 21, 2014 Angry Joe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4

He was right and I feel so stupid now.
    Edited by Buck on 21 January 2015 20:23
    Options
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IT'S NOT F2P. You want new content, you have to pay for it.
    And c'mon guys: we are NOT enough to keep this game going.

I know: you are stupid enough not to see this, because your are the only think that matters in the universe, but we are too few to pay such a huge mmorpg.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonn wrote: »
    My heart sunk when I read this :(

Mine too. Very disappointed and sad about this.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    f2p makes the community sucks

Not free to play. You still have to buy the (virtual) CD. Will keep some of the cheap skims out. But still i don't want the game to be cheap. I like a premium game with premium players.
    Options
  • mossastrand
    mossastrand
    Soul Shriven
    what's crowns and why do i want them?
    Options
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, this really sucks.

I'm seriously thinking my time here may be done. I love the game, but this is just going to bring back all the bots and resource farming all over again.

I wouldn't be too hard on the devs though, this was surely a "upper management" decision.

There is a really interesting thread going on HERE about the structure of Zenimax as well as leadership issues.

Sounds like ESO is what Zen is betting the farm on... I have a strong feeling this was planned at some point in the past when they realize that the sub model was not going to work well on the xbox/ps4 platforms. I'm sure dipping subs may have also been a factor.

**EDIT**
    I want to add, after reading through the blog as well as FAQ, I did notice they will require the purchase of ESO: Unlimited to access the game. In other words, you won't be able to just d/l the game for free and set up an account... If they keep the deletion limit it may (I stress may) prevent bots from hogging all the resources again... Though I am skeptical if, at some point, the game won't be a free downloadable.

I'm also confused if, after this transition, we are still getting 6 - 8 week major updates? And if so, are they free for all? How exactly are these DLCs going to fit into the equation? They would need to come out frequently if they don't expect people to just buy the DLCs instead of maintaining a monthly sub... I mean the bonuses to paying $15 a month is a joke outside of the free access to DLCs... but if I'm basically paying $180 a year (+ tax) in month by month sub fees, if the total cost of DLCs are less, I'm just going to buy those and drop the sub...

This makes me think we are about to see the end of the 6 - 8 week major update promise....
    Edited by someuser on 21 January 2015 20:57
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, i was talking with some Friends over the F2P Hysteria, and we all laughed about it. Today, i was looking into the Forum for some News to the 1.6, and read "TESO UNLIMITED, NO ABO NEEDED". Damn, i was sleepy and dont suspected anything like this, i was SHOCKED :s !!!

First Thing i thought was, why any MMORPG that i like goes under or to F2P (It is the same), i lost my Trust in all the big Companys. Damn, do you know that all the Player invest a lot of Time, because they think they have some Years in such Worlds?

It isnt RL but it is like a little virtuell Holiday, we want to come back there, we dont want to visit it only for some Months. F2P could destroy such Communitys, rip this little Worlds apart. Destroy my Time i have invested in this Game.

Then i stopped my "Frustration" and thought about the new System and what it offers, what it will change. And what should i say, it is like the old System. I have only more Options to get some cosmetic Things in the Game. I always have had an Abo/Gamecard, now i will have an ESO+ Premium Status, so what? It is ok for me.

But here comes the important Part of my Message. Zenimax, if you ever offer Things over the new Crown-Shop, that offers Advantages in the Gameplay (Equip / Materials / Buffs etc) you will destroy the whole Community and lose many, many Players. The actual System sounds good, cosmetic Things or Pets and Mounts are ok. But i hope you dont change this Way. If you change it, you will lose more Money then you get.

So, i like the Game, i will give the new System a Chance. I trust you, dont destroy it.

Edited by Murmeltier on 21 January 2015 20:47
    Options
This discussion has been closed.