Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership”

• Shadow27
    Shadow27
    Well, well, well...I was hoping this day will never come. Its not that big change for me, as subscriber. I prefer standard model that we had since start. Same rules for all, same possibilities.
    After this, there is going to be a "wall" between 2 groups of players. And it´ll start growing, because, most likely, like it happened in other MMO´s, ESO will change to F2P in some time or some different type which is WORST THING EVER in MMO´s.

ZOS please, stop this madness before its not to late. Once there will be a wall, you wont be able to get it back and you´ll lost many players. Which shouldnt happen cause ESO, in current form, is best MMO.

Make ESO a game with same opportunities and possibilities for everyone. And dont do some "Premium" membership with useless stuff arround...
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can item 1 on the new store be a Global Auction Hall pass that ZoS said would never be in game either?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the promised Imperial City is going to be DLC then?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 21 January 2015 17:42
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, you'll get a lot of short term subscribers, but the game is going to lose so many long term subscribers. I'm so sad that a game that I love is dying :(
    We need Mannimarco in here to raise this game from the dead :'(

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 21 January 2015 17:13
    Options
  • torsen108_ESO
    torsen108_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    [snip]. And after all the time I spent defending this game and refuting the fact that this would happen to all of my friends who said otherwise. I'm so angry and disappointed in you guys. I'll probably be canceling my sub now but I guess I should get as much play time as possible before this happens. After how excited I was and how much I was in love with this game. You guys have crushed it.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 21 January 2015 17:48
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you'll get a lot of short term subscribers, but the game is going to lose so many long term subscribers. I'm so sad that a game that I love is dying :(

You've got it backwards. There are far more people in the pool of players who bought the game at launch than are currently subscribed.
    So if the same percentage of people who left come back as percentage of people who are still playing quit, they gain players and probably gain revenue with the people that come in and end up being whales or subbing later.

The break even point in these kinds of payment model decisions is around half the original purchasers no longer being subbed.
    Options
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I wish that if we were a subscriber, we could choose whether or not we wanted to use the "Crown" store. Not only does it sound silly, but I DON'T want two economies in ESO.

This day is the worst. It sucks to have devoted so much time into a game to have this happen.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    I'm guessing the promised Imperial City is going to be DLC then?

It will be included with your $14.99/month subscription. Just like it would have been included with your $14.99/month subscription if this B2P announcement never occurred. If you stop paying your $14.99/month subscription, you will have to purchase it as DLC.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 21 January 2015 17:49
    Options
  • djsalamoneb17_ESO
    djsalamoneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Rashishane wrote: »
    If you are going to force us to play nice with the pre-pubescent masses at least keep this little "crown" market full of nothing but fluff content (costumes, pets, etc.), if we ever reach a point where you can P2W you might as well give each person a toilet brush free with each copy because the game will be poo. I have been with this game since beta, please listen to your loyal players and don't pull a SWTOR. The way you have this set up currently doesn't seem so bad but you're still walking a fine line and if you fall there is a good (almost definite) chance that none of your loyal players will be there to catch you; we will have all left. We still need you to keep listening to us ZOS, get on here and ENSURE us that we may be going F2P but we aren't going P2W. Tell us that our craftables will still be better than anything purchasable on your "crown" market, tell us that we still have to work hard to get what we want and need in the game, tell us our communities won't collapse and that the game itself won't suffer (updates/bug fixes/etc.); Here is the challenge though...MEAN IT. Now I am going to cry at work, I hate break ups.

I agree with this, especially with the crowns. if everything there is pure cosmetics - and i do mean pure cosmetics not costumes with boosts to your characters power, then i have no problem with there being a crown market. the same is about dlc's if they aren't going to have some kind of extra boost to the players, like the best items, necessary items for crafting, or some exclusive crafting stations that will be available only through dlc's. as long as it isn't pay to win i do not mind it becoming B2P instead of P2P.
    Options
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    Can't they make a server for subscribers...
    Options
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    I am super stoked :3
    Options
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    Welp... there goes the community. F2P is the death of MMO communities.

Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just went to log in to talk with my guilds (mostly laying the groundwork for keeping in touch once this update hits and we all leave the game), and the system message just made me even more sick than the article. Trying to pass this off as a good thing? Yeah, yeah... Of course you would. It would be a terrible move to advertise an update as being a terrible thing. Problem is we subscribers aren't idiots. We know this is a terrible, terrible thing. You might as well be honest, or just not even have it in the first place. That would be preferable!

I also thought that since this is going out along with the console version, is this entirely because of the way consoles are set up? Because they already have to pay a sub fee for Xbox LIVE and PSN? So now EVERYONE's ESO version has to go to this system? Please, ZOS, PLEASE, just let us PC players keep our current system. Trust me, I do NOT mind one bit having to pay a sub fee to play while the consoles don't. Trust me on this. Not to sound like one of those "PC master race" people, but an MMO truly is just so much easier to play on a PC, so I don't mind paying a sub fee for a better experience. I know you're trying to think of your fanbase as equals, but we're not the same. Give both sides love, yes, but remember that PC players will have very different views from console players.

Go ahead and implement this system on console if it makes the game more approachable for console players, but let us PC players have what we've had and loved all along.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on 21 January 2015 17:20
    Options
  • ararwalker_ESO
    ararwalker_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I lasted about two weeks after LOTRO went F2P. It turned to sh*t that fast. I can't even bring myself to log in to ESO now. I really love playing but can't see the point of investing any more time.
    Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been excited for this game since I first saw my uncle playing Morrowind on the original xbox, so about ten-twelve years or so.

Today, I went to the forums here, then to the homepage.

My first thoughts?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Honestly, okay. Wow. Okay Clavicus Vile, okay. Astonishing. If I had the motivation and enthusiasm to quote a video, you know the one. The videos with the interviews with Paul Sage talking about the payment model, how it fits and so on and so forth. Premium, "no dlc", fits our game, product, our passion.

I'm not motivated nor enthusiastic, so I wont. Positive result of this, my expectations for anything are now completely and utterly null. Now, I can never be disappointed, ever.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    I agree with this, especially with the crowns. if everything there is pure cosmetics - and i do mean pure cosmetics not costumes with boosts to your characters power, then i have no problem with there being a crown market. the same is about dlc's if they aren't going to have some kind of extra boost to the players, like the best items, necessary items for crafting, or some exclusive crafting stations that will be available only through dlc's. as long as it isn't pay to win i do not mind it becoming B2P instead of P2P.

Well that is exactly the thing with Free To Play... first they always promise that it will be only pure cosmetics - and after one or two DLCs they start to sell the first "Enhancer" or Items you "need" to do this or that for success.

Have seen this in EQ2 and DDO.
    Options
  • Solkanis
    Solkanis
    Soul Shriven
    to everyone complaining about how horrible this is. You should have realized it was going to go f2p when they said they were going to put it on consoles. I love this game. I'm a comp gamer. I prefer to pay for a sub, and I would have preferred it to stay Sub. But most console players are not going to pay to play a game online when they pay for an Xbox gold membership etc, and pay for internet. That's just the reality of it.
    Options
  • Axamana
    Axamana
    Soul Shriven
    At least sell toilet paper in the store. That way I can spend "crowns" to fix the "I just pooed in my pants" running animation I'm constantly getting now ;)
    Options
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    At first I was OK with a part of the game going free to play (was hoping it would turn into some sort of runescape, a part free to play but if you really want to play the game you will have to pay 5 euros/month).
    However as I read these changes now, it looks like you are just paying for bonus xp/gold gain (which I ofcourse need very much with a fully maxed out templar and good moneys *sarcasm*) which increases the total cost of the game / month! What did I do to be forced to pay more for something I don't want o0 Sure costumes and pets are nice... But I'd rather have patch 1.6 in december and a new zone in januari...
    Will probably still play for a while to see how it goes, I'm really fond of the game ^^ But my credibility of zenimax has gone to visit m'aiq in Bal Foyen after progressing to a certain point in the PvE questline...

TLDR: ESO plus is bad hmkay
    Options
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    F2P = Influx of Children with mommy's credit card using the computer as a baby sitter.

Sithis save us, just end it all.

So much for ESO, now its going to be just another Runescape. Full of children.
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    So basically you guys have taken the TOR route of F2P? Gimp everyone that isn't a sub with less XP, gold, access to content and give "cash shop" currency for being a sub. Why can't you guys take what Guild Wars 2 did with their F2P system?? It is the best, least restrictive, F2P model around. TOR's is BAD.

We are not decreasing the current progression rates (XP, gold, etc.) like some other games have chosen to do in the past when their business model changes. ESO Plus simply provides a little extra XP and gold on top of what the current rates already are.
    Given the paltry benefits you're offering you don't seem to be even trying to persuade people to take out subscriptions .. games like Rift certainly at least try to make subscribing attractive, and in that game all content updates per expac are 'free', your announcement seems more like the nickel-and-diming Turbine did with LoTRO.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on 21 January 2015 17:26
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-( Free To Play ;-( soon to be Pay to Win...
    I don't PVP, so what do I 'win' if I pay?

Options
  • Satyros
    Satyros
    ✭✭
    Rashishane wrote: »
    If you are going to force us to play nice with the pre-pubescent masses at least keep this little "crown" market full of nothing but fluff content (costumes, pets, etc.), if we ever reach a point where you can P2W you might as well give each person a toilet brush free with each copy because the game will be poo. I have been with this game since beta, please listen to your loyal players and don't pull a SWTOR. The way you have this set up currently doesn't seem so bad but you're still walking a fine line and if you fall there is a good (almost definite) chance that none of your loyal players will be there to catch you; we will have all left. We still need you to keep listening to us ZOS, get on here and ENSURE us that we may be going F2P but we aren't going P2W. Tell us that our craftables will still be better than anything purchasable on your "crown" market, tell us that we still have to work hard to get what we want and need in the game, tell us our communities won't collapse and that the game itself won't suffer (updates/bug fixes/etc.); Here is the challenge though...MEAN IT. Now I am going to cry at work, I hate break ups.

Tell us, insure us.. How?
    They told us that the game will be sub-modeled. They insured us that we're not just paying for their beta.

They broke promises today, and that means they can never be trusted again.
    Especially with our time.
    Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was no doubt "planned for", maybe not "planned to", but it was definitely on the table when their business plan was laid out.

If we achieve X within Y, we'll do Z.

So, in order to greatly increase console sales, they've made this change. That's all it is, wonderful plan, definitely. It's efficient whilst having time for the "community" to develop.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no!
    The way to success is with great game content and not with 2 tier system.
    Options
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    I really like ESO... Im keeping my sub active for now, but... if you start or even hint at nickle and diming me to death like SWTOR, or if the community goes to **** with an influx of F2P children trolling zone and the game... Ill just go back to WoW.

I am not optimistic.
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game is still going to retail at $60, I don't really envision a horde of trolls invading the place. Guild Wars 2 seems to manage just fine without drowning in fools.

It seems to me that one of the main reasons for this move is that console players are very loathe to pay an additional monthly fee, when paying monthly for access to their respective networks is supposed to include online gaming in the price. The only fair option in this case, is to make it free for everyone.

I'll keep my subscription because the game is enjoyable. I'm certainly not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    Edited by Miszou on 21 January 2015 17:35
    Options
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    :-( Free To Play ;-( soon to be Pay to Win...
    I don't PVP, so what do I 'win' if I pay?
    Sooner or later being able and also forced to - to buy enhancements / items that increase your stats and/or skills or whatever in ways you never could by "normal" means. Not even as a Premium Plus whatever member.

In the end, some raids, dungeons and quests will only be doable when you bought those extra enhancers. (DDO is the best example)

I would not even be surprised that it also will affect PvP - e.g. gaining more and faster Alliance Points, buying items that enable you to do more dmg...
    Options
  • adivarlan
    adivarlan
    Soul Shriven
    You guys managed to ruin the game. I have only one word: Unsubscribe.
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    I just hope the team keeps spending time on the game itself and not just stuff for the crown shop. Please keep putting development resources into Cyrodiil, Craglorn, and other new zones!

It's just a reality of the console market.

ESO is still the best game on the market and you all know it.

Dont count on it. Forget about bug fixes, lag fixes or anything related to game itself. 1 lame expansion/year, and that is maybe. But cash shop omg, 100 items/day guaranteed.

ESO was the best game on the market and we all know it - fixed it for you :(

Options
This discussion has been closed.