Official Discussion Thread for “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership”

• AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    Well this helps explain that fawked-up Terms of Service Agreement. I wonder how long ago this was planed.
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax, can you please explain how i can purchase ESO+ as a PC Player. Before i have bought Gamecards over Gamestop.

1.) Can i buy ESO+ Time like a Gamecard at Gamestop or other Traders?

2.) Which other Options can we use, not everyone will use a Creditcard. Are there different Options for buying like PayPal and so on?

3.) Can we buy ESO+ Time over Steam?
    Options
  • cricripetitb16_ESO
    Well good effin JOB youve destroyed this mmo like for real. Its gonna be dead p2p...... fail.....
    Options
  • Steorling
    Steorling
    ✭✭✭
    ROFL... I must say, this thread has given me such great loads of chuckles. Thank you one and all.

Thank you to the wails of "I Quit", "You Ruined It", etc. You think you're hard core, you know exactly how this is going to end because other companies have muffed it in the past (and YOU know EVERYTHING), and you think F2P players are the "***hats". ROFL

Truth is, I've never met an ***hat anywhere like those in EveOnline or WoW, the darlings of P2P. And what really gives me the giggles is that the wails sound JUST like those wretched waves of beta players who critiqued the game into the ground, said how it sucked, and then wailed "You mean I have to PAY for this, I'm out of here!" hehehehe *wipes a tear away* You know, the ones who feel the need to write "Isn't that game dead?" in every ESO Twitch.tv chat. lol lol

So, the neighborhood boundaries changed a little. So what. So maybe some new kids will come out to play. Maybe they'd be a great addition to your guild, build you an empire, keep the daedra off your back, or craft you that "Epic" whatever-you-always-wanted. But, no...you're gonna take the ball and go home kicking every can. dog, and pony guar on your way out of Cyrodil. Okay, mature. Be sure to leave your good stuff in the guild bank before you go, it'll save those of us who are staying a little effort in outfitting the noobs. ;P

Last, on a personal note, I have two reasons this may be a good thing...

1) I'm really looking forward to having my nephews play finally. They couldn't afford it with their existing subscriptions and got their beta keys so late I hardly had time to play with them in the world we all love.

2) Eight of my friends I game with on at least a weekly basis I introduced to gaming via a F2P like Anarchy or LOTRO. If gamers aren't your friends, make your friends into gamers. :) heh Can you say ESO LAN PARTY!
    Options
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry if this has been asked already;

How many Crowns are the DLC's going to cost?
    Options
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    malthol wrote: »
    ForsakeMe wrote: »
    Every game I have played with a f2p with or without paywall has been unenjoyable because of the immature community chats

.... The only serious concern I have at this moment is that the store is said to include healing potions. This is a problem. There is a craft skill that makes these, and thus these are part of creating player interaction with other players & with the in-game guild store system. This is exactly the type of item that should NOT be in the store.

Agree with this part of your post.

Sure tubes the POT crafters.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    malthol wrote: »
    ForsakeMe wrote: »
    Every game I have played with a f2p with or without paywall has been unenjoyable because of the immature community chats

.... The only serious concern I have at this moment is that the store is said to include healing potions. This is a problem. There is a craft skill that makes these, and thus these are part of creating player interaction with other players & with the in-game guild store system. This is exactly the type of item that should NOT be in the store.

Agree with this part of your post.

Sure tubes the POT crafters.

@malthol They are standard potions that you get in the game normally by buying them from in game merchants. The player made are still better potions are better. Nothing to worry about here.
    Options
  • Sevatar
    Sevatar
    ✭✭
    Financially committed to City State Entertainment's Camelot Unchained on hearing this today (was on the fence, Zenimax made the decision for me).

I'll play till the transition in March, then I'm out. I have no intention of putting up with the BS that comes with f2p games. At least come March I'll free up 20-ish gb on my hard drive.

gg Bethesda, see you again for Fallout 4.
    Options
  • Archer Bearclaw
    Archer Bearclaw
    Soul Shriven
    I'm concerned to see that after tons of time invested, eso is changing significantly again, risking utter destruction of the game, or at least the communities we have all built.

Suggestion: I hope there is a premium service that will override long que lines in pvp, maybe that could be a gimme to those of us who continue to pay, but don't care about a cosmetic item (not even sure why you would need one when you can craft and change colors, but, anyway...)
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm concerned to see that after tons of time invested, eso is changing significantly again, risking utter destruction of the game, or at least the communities we have all built.

Suggestion: I hope there is a premium service that will override long que lines in pvp, maybe that could be a gimme to those of us who continue to pay, but don't care about a cosmetic item (not even sure why you would need one when you can craft and change colors, but, anyway...)

The new guar mounts look amazing. I am definitely using my crown points getting one.
    Options
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how this will turn out. I DO know that ZOS went back on their promise not to make tESO f2p, and did so within a year... Bad form... Based on past performances of games that went f2p, this sounds the "game over" death knell for tESO. You can try to put lipstick on a pig, but that won't make it Homecoming Queen. From the looks of previous comments, and knowing ZOS's willingness to heed subscribers' suggestions; I would conclude that this is a poor decision and cannot possibly be construed as "best for business--
    Options
  • jaygraeb14a_ESO
    ya i'm out...oh well, was fun while it lasted. :(
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership.”

Find out more about the excellent in-game benefits that all ESO Plus members will enjoy in Tamriel Unlimited!

@ZOS_JasonLeavey this is just for Console. Right?
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the theatrics are done, can we have the 6 month subscription back?

Isn't 180 = ~6 months?
    Options
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Very sad news, seems to be we will see no content after 1.6.
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

Options
  • vechislov
    vechislov
    Soul Shriven
    what's crowns and why do i want them?
    Special in-game currency to buy certain in-game store.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buck wrote: »

Elder Scrolls Online Angry Review - Published on Apr 21, 2014 Angry Joe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4

He was right and I feel so stupid now.

That video is epic! LMAO
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • ndantony
    ndantony
    ✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »
    I don't know how this will turn out. I DO know that ZOS went back on their promise not to make tESO f2p, and did so within a year... Bad form... Based on past performances of games that went f2p, this sounds the "game over" death knell for tESO. You can try to put lipstick on a pig, but that won't make it Homecoming Queen. From the looks of previous comments, and knowing ZOS's willingness to heed subscribers' suggestions; I would conclude that this is a poor decision and cannot possibly be construed as "best for business--

It's not going to be f2p. You still have to buy the base game. Also, from the announcement, there is really no changes for us subscribers but more additional benefits and perks... except maybe that "leeching" cash shop will possibly be introduced... Otherwise, this could be a new way to trick all those freeloaders and leechers to play now and pay more later. To me it's a good move, that ZOS finally learns how to manipulate those "leechers/freeloaders". Hey, afterall p2w has been doing it pretty well.
    Options
  • vechislov
    vechislov
    Soul Shriven
    Why almost everyoune is talking about f2p. It's B2P + sub.
    First, many of all players need learn mmo payment systems.
    Options
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    So basically you guys have taken the TOR route of F2P? Gimp everyone that isn't a sub with less XP, gold, access to content and give "cash shop" currency for being a sub. Why can't you guys take what Guild Wars 2 did with their F2P system?? It is the best, least restrictive, F2P model around. TOR's is BAD.
    We are not decreasing the current progression rates (XP, gold, etc.) like some other games have chosen to do in the past when their business model changes. ESO Plus simply provides a little extra XP and gold on top of what the current rates already are.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,
    Seriously? You don't see the point? It's not about increasing or decreasing. It's about having the difference that is paid with real money. Also, you do realize that a little extra XP means extra champion points that will give players real advantage in combat, don't you?

But the worst thing is that we kept asking but you ignored us. You answered some silly questions about deers and patch notes...

At least, the secret of 100-line patch notes is revealed. 100 lines is the size of the list of items added in the shop..
    Edited by Artis on 21 January 2015 21:48
    Options
  • Drackolus
    Drackolus
    ✭✭
    Lots of people who are better at pessimism than reading.
    If you pay subs, you get crowns, all dlc, and the boost for the same price you're paying now. And if all the consumables are silly garbage like soul gems and health potions, there is no real ingame advantage. Nothing is being blocked from you unless you STOP paying.
    Remember when people said high customization wouldn't work in an mmo? And yet, here we are. Saying that ESO will fail if f2p is added is a conjecture based on redults from different mmos with different circumstances.
    I approve of this completely.
    Options
  • Longstride
    Longstride
    ✭✭✭
    I was loooking forward to ESO as soon as it was announced. I have played it since the early beta without fail. I feel that this will be a giant step back for ESO, and I long ago vowed to not play a game that forsook a subscription model. Farewell, ESO.
    Options
  • Joseph_Nil
    Joseph_Nil
    ✭✭
    This being my 1st MMO, I lack experience with the B2P model. From my perspective, those who don't subscribe get a no frills game experience in hopes of enticing them to sub.

The rest of us can go on almost the same as we have all along, apart from whatever is bought with crowns, which I assume (with the inherant risk) are vanity and utility items.

Can anybody explain without the apocalyptic hyperbole why this is so terrible?
    Seems neautral to me, not great, not the end of the world.

Ditto
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please reconsider your stance with this decision and realize this is not good for your market nor is it good to your players. You just opened the flood gate to trolls, bad players, and other sorts of clowns by allowing this.

Turbine started the free to play marketing scheme and look what happened to them, they barely exist as a company. They got bought out, sold out, bounced around numerous times and they cannot produce a game to the quality of Asherons Call ever again.

SWTOR and TERA fell into this trap and they also cannot produce a quality game. That's just the fact of life. You're going to allot a cash shop and eventually tie your in-game economics with your cash shop. There is no possible way around this, this will happen if you go this route.

And your game will turn into a sub-par experience, this is unavoidable, you cannot accomplish a good game with the free 2 play or buy 2 play model. Fact, period.

EQN is going to be Dragons Prophet with an EQ skin, pay for every little thing to be unlocked sink thousands of dollars into the devs pocket while they couldn't produce a bug free, lag free mess to save their own skins and the worst part is Sony entertains the fools who still play it.

I personally played from ARENA to now begging for an Elder Scrolls online, you just potentially murdered any hopes many had for this product. And every dev that supported this decision.

As an old schooler from the UO, AC, DAoC, and SB era, I'm highly dissapointed in you devs that are okay with this, personally. You sold out and you sold out the heart of old school, so thanks for that.
    Edited by TheBonesXXX on 21 January 2015 21:57
    Options
  • Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership.”

Find out more about the excellent in-game benefits that all ESO Plus members will enjoy in Tamriel Unlimited!

Awesome news, thank you!

Options
  • michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't do this! A buy to play model with maybe some paid dlcs would be much better...I know you say the cash shops are purely cosmetic and few potions that you can make in-game anyway, but what ESO has right now is what is separating it from the rest of the free to play garbage models out there.
    Options
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    they just lost the majority of the customer base actually willing to spend money. GOOD JOB
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a bunch of drama queens. If you go by the forums, you would think there was a major exit going on. In world? I am not hearing the emo rage quit talk but from maybe a couple of people. Bye guys and have fun trying to find a game besides WoW that doesn't haven't this model.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on 21 January 2015 22:19
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amateur dev's, management with no sense of direction or priority. I guess in my heart I knew this would happen, but I wanted so badly for them to pull head from rear.

Good bye ESO, another game that had so much potential, and a team that just didn't make the cut. I hope this doesn't sink Bethesda... lots out there are unable to separate.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • Talsik
    Talsik
    Soul Shriven
    I love this game and I am happy to try being an ESO Plus subscriber based on the model you presented. This is all I ask. If I am an ESO Plus subscriber I want all advertising blocked. I can play a free to play game as long as I do not have advertising of stuff spoil my immersion. By advertising I mean everything. I don't want to know about newest thing coming out. I want vendors that the give stuff being sold to look just like any other vendor to me. I don't want annoying post or jingles going off advertising stuff. I don't care if Free to Play people see all those things I just don't want to. If I see all that stuff not only will I cancel my subscription I will stop playing the game for good.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.