Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REFLECTIVE SCALES NEEDS NERF

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    There are three destruction staves, and a bow. Pick up a ranged weapon and stop crying. You have bonuses to fire damage for Christ's sake.
    So the solution is to just not use class damagers? That is not a solution that is a bad excuse.
    That's not what I'm saying at all. I keep hearing all this QQ from DKs. Waaahh we don't have ranged....waaaaahh. You have two weapon slots, you have 5 skills per slot, you can pick up a fire destruction staff and put a couple ranged abilities on it. Nobody said you can't also use your class abilities at the same time. You even have bonus damage to fire. I just don't get all the complaining from the strongest class in PvP. Not only do you guys not admit that your OP you actively try to defend that your not by making up disadvantages that don't exist. You guys are the Fox News of ESO.

Really? How do you use a 5 meter class damager from 28meters away? Whats the trick that lets me do that?
    Uh...you don't. Just like I don't use Concealed Weapon or Siphoning Attacks at 28 meters away. You know what works great though, bow abilities and destruction staff abilities. And you can still use your 5 meter class abilities when you are....within 5 meters. And you can spam your talons and your GDB and your whip and standard that you love so much all you like.
    :trollin:
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how all the DKs are like "this change has removed all enjoyment from ESO" as though they are the only class in Cyrodiil. What the hell have Templars, Sorcs and NBs been doing then? I suppose you think we're all snipe-monkeys out to ruin the enjoyment of poor, helpless DKs?
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on 4 December 2014 21:12
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the suggested counter to reflective scales is... just attack into scales more? It doesn't change anything 1v1 and it doesn't really work well in group situations as well. I'd have rather seen something along the lines of the bolt escape nerf sorcs got instead of this.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

true, but there is one thing that came out of this...all of the QQ and the whys behind the QQ have inspired with an idea to make possibly the most annoying, best DK griefing build imaginable. Low on damage, but nearly indestructible (not requiring reflect) and cannot be ignored, maybe a true PvP tank, which would allow a team to do far more damage...got to work on it though

Well if i would see something like that I would just ignore u while you´re following me like a pet.
    If you don´t run Immovable u could get a free fear too... DKs love fear.

What do you expect from a full tank build without any real dmg? Ofc noobs will attack and trying to kill you, but mostly they will just ignore u and killing other players first.

I hope every DK will switch to a true PvP Tank, would be funny too see. :)

This is me bookmarking this post.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are three destruction staves, and a bow. Pick up a ranged weapon and stop crying. You have bonuses to fire damage for Christ's sake.
    So the solution is to just not use class damagers? That is not a solution that is a bad excuse.
    That's not what I'm saying at all. I keep hearing all this QQ from DKs. Waaahh we don't have ranged....waaaaahh. You have two weapon slots, you have 5 skills per slot, you can pick up a fire destruction staff and put a couple ranged abilities on it. Nobody said you can't also use your class abilities at the same time. You even have bonus damage to fire. I just don't get all the complaining from the strongest class in PvP. Not only do you guys not admit that your OP you actively try to defend that your not by making up disadvantages that don't exist. You guys are the Fox News of ESO.

Really? How do you use a 5 meter class damager from 28meters away? Whats the trick that lets me do that?
    Uh...you don't. Just like I don't use Concealed Weapon or Siphoning Attacks at 28 meters away. You know what works great though, bow abilities and destruction staff abilities. And you can still use your 5 meter class abilities when you are....within 5 meters. And you can spam your talons and your GDB and your whip and standard that you love so much all you like.

I like how you leave out all the other class damagers you can use from range while choosing to focus on 2 skills.

Yeah cause I'm going to go into the middle of zerg and stand 5 meters infront of a guy while taking all the focus fire to use crushing shock with my nerfed RS . Why didn't I ever think of that.
    Edited by Armitas on 4 December 2014 21:35
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

true, but there is one thing that came out of this...all of the QQ and the whys behind the QQ have inspired with an idea to make possibly the most annoying, best DK griefing build imaginable. Low on damage, but nearly indestructible (not requiring reflect) and cannot be ignored, maybe a true PvP tank, which would allow a team to do far more damage...got to work on it though

Well if i would see something like that I would just ignore u while you´re following me like a pet.

What do you expect from a full tank build without any real dmg? Ofc noobs will attack and trying to kill you, but mostly they will just ignore u and killing other players first.

Pls make a video with that kind of build, would be something different from the DK vids atm i think.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, just popping in to let you know that we do have plans to adjust Reflective Scales in Update 6. Currently, you can reflect an infinite number of projectiles per cast; we will be setting a maximum number of projectiles that the ability can reflect per cast, the maximum being four. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this once it's available to test on the PTS.
    Guys, please remember that many of our abilities are getting reworked for Update 6, so please give this a try on the PTS once it's available to see how it feels with all the other changes. Thanks!

it is good to know that the ONE and ONLY deterrent that was preventing ESO from fully becoming to Elder Bows Online is being removed.

I realize that wars throughout history had mobs of bowmen running at top speed into battle...wait, let me try again...i realize that all all previous medieval-setting games encouraged every class to use bows...no, try again ...every Elder Scrolls game required bows...no, no....this game only has bows...no, still not right.

Why exactly are bows the most useful and powerful weapon? There really is no reason to use anything else, and maximizing a build for Bow means that class skills become nearly useless (since == stam/weapon damge, and Class == mag/spell damage), especially when there will be ZERO deterrence (btw, i know you and most other do not care, but reflect NEVER has been 100% reflect, little disappointed you actually made than claim when it can be disproved in a few minutes). Bows do more damage than siege, faster than any other range attack and more damage than any range attack, even without the 100% debuff exploit they more deadly than any other weapon. Most of the armors in the game are actually the designs that mitigate arrow damage btw.

Why is this suddenly to become Elder Bows Online, why is ZOS not doing something to encourage class skills? Why nerf an aspect of a class that was actually encouraging others to use their class skills (deadric mines, endless fury,...) rather than completely give up and become bow users?

i got this game because of up close and personal battles (chains are now useless as everything blocks them, no reason for players to come into range now), you know those sword things that have become semi useless against bow users.

may as well remove reflect completely as when everyone has bows the next thread will be how op DKs are because they can reflect 4 arrows.

Been a DK since early access (not the one of the fotw DKs) never complained about the VAST number of reasonable nerfs already done to DK, but this will be the one that ruins the class, only useful skill left in open field PvP. Just going to be DKs spamming claws and hoping that everyone gets stuck, though the stam build bow users will laugh as they roll away with their huge stam pools while they pepper the useless DK, assuming there is a such thing as DK then.

Even counter siege is barely being used, who needs oil now when everyone can stand above,target, and shoot arrows for significantly more damage. It really sounds like ZOS is not playing DKs (as DKs, not merely choosing the class and then using weapons), possibly not playing PvP at all since already strong bows were buffed in last release.

I've gone ahead and redacted everything in your post. To save everyone else the time I've summed up what you said:

:'(

is that the best you can do, awww. So many tears you must have had because of evil OP DKs, its ok you will be a little safer soon and you pew-pews will help you feel big and strong, you will not even have to l2p. Does the wittle @eventide03b14a_ESO need a cuddle?
    You guys don't phase me one bit. I just go into stealth and wait for you to drop your guard. I'm just impatient and annoyed that I have to wait till you're not paying attention. Good DKs are a problem, luckily there are so many terrible players that rolled them for an easy faceroll.

Wait, we have bonus fire damage? Where is this at? Ohhh, you mean you never read patch notes from a long time ago. Another attempt by someone without a clue to claim DKs are OP.

I had my DK since early access, rolled another just to play a min/max. I have seen each and every nerf to DK. You have no clue, go play a DK if you think they are soooo powerful. Everyone who claims they are OP should try to play one for real
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize they removed the Kindling and World in Flame passives.

oh, thats right, the passive that increase all of my fire based AOE damage go up by 6%, that will work GREAT for those ranged abilities you mentioned. Glad you reminded me of that skill and once again show you have no clue. You may have a DK but you clearly never learned the skills or how to play. I figured you were claiming flame lash, which increases ardent flame. did not realize you did not know what AOE meant since you were talking about ranged skills.

And like everything else DK, World in Flame is made to seem like it is super over overpowered and buffs all DK skills and weapon abilites (acutally only affects 4 DK class skills of which 2 are ultimates, all other flame AOE is outside DK class), but it will definilelty help the bat swarm, fire ring, dark elf setup
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, just popping in to let you know that we do have plans to adjust Reflective Scales in Update 6. Currently, you can reflect an infinite number of projectiles per cast; we will be setting a maximum number of projectiles that the ability can reflect per cast, the maximum being four. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this once it's available to test on the PTS.
    Guys, please remember that many of our abilities are getting reworked for Update 6, so please give this a try on the PTS once it's available to see how it feels with all the other changes. Thanks!

it is good to know that the ONE and ONLY deterrent that was preventing ESO from fully becoming to Elder Bows Online is being removed.

I realize that wars throughout history had mobs of bowmen running at top speed into battle...wait, let me try again...i realize that all all previous medieval-setting games encouraged every class to use bows...no, try again ...every Elder Scrolls game required bows...no, no....this game only has bows...no, still not right.

Why exactly are bows the most useful and powerful weapon? There really is no reason to use anything else, and maximizing a build for Bow means that class skills become nearly useless (since == stam/weapon damge, and Class == mag/spell damage), especially when there will be ZERO deterrence (btw, i know you and most other do not care, but reflect NEVER has been 100% reflect, little disappointed you actually made than claim when it can be disproved in a few minutes). Bows do more damage than siege, faster than any other range attack and more damage than any range attack, even without the 100% debuff exploit they more deadly than any other weapon. Most of the armors in the game are actually the designs that mitigate arrow damage btw.

Why is this suddenly to become Elder Bows Online, why is ZOS not doing something to encourage class skills? Why nerf an aspect of a class that was actually encouraging others to use their class skills (deadric mines, endless fury,...) rather than completely give up and become bow users?

i got this game because of up close and personal battles (chains are now useless as everything blocks them, no reason for players to come into range now), you know those sword things that have become semi useless against bow users.

may as well remove reflect completely as when everyone has bows the next thread will be how op DKs are because they can reflect 4 arrows.

Been a DK since early access (not the one of the fotw DKs) never complained about the VAST number of reasonable nerfs already done to DK, but this will be the one that ruins the class, only useful skill left in open field PvP. Just going to be DKs spamming claws and hoping that everyone gets stuck, though the stam build bow users will laugh as they roll away with their huge stam pools while they pepper the useless DK, assuming there is a such thing as DK then.

Even counter siege is barely being used, who needs oil now when everyone can stand above,target, and shoot arrows for significantly more damage. It really sounds like ZOS is not playing DKs (as DKs, not merely choosing the class and then using weapons), possibly not playing PvP at all since already strong bows were buffed in last release.

I've gone ahead and redacted everything in your post. To save everyone else the time I've summed up what you said:

is that the best you can do, awww. So many tears you must have had because of evil OP DKs, its ok you will be a little safer soon and you pew-pews will help you feel big and strong, you will not even have to l2p. Does the wittle @eventide03b14a_ESO need a cuddle?
    You guys don't phase me one bit. I just go into stealth and wait for you to drop your guard. I'm just impatient and annoyed that I have to wait till you're not paying attention. Good DKs are a problem, luckily there are so many terrible players that rolled them for an easy faceroll.

Wait, we have bonus fire damage? Where is this at? Ohhh, you mean you never read patch notes from a long time ago. Another attempt by someone without a clue to claim DKs are OP.

I had my DK since early access, rolled another just to play a min/max. I have seen each and every nerf to DK. You have no clue, go play a DK if you think they are soooo powerful. Everyone who claims they are OP should try to play one for real
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize they removed the Kindling and World in Flame passives.

oh, thats right, the passive that increase all of my fire based AOE damage go up by 6%, that will work GREAT for those ranged abilities you mentioned. Glad you reminded me of that skill and once again show you have no clue. You may have a DK but you clearly never learned the skills or how to play. I figured you were claiming flame lash, which increases ardent flame. did not realize you did not know what AOE meant since you were talking about ranged skills.

And like everything else DK, World in Flame is made to seem like it is super over overpowered and buffs all DK skills and weapon abilites (acutally only affects 4 DK class skills of which 2 are ultimates, all other flame AOE is outside DK class), but it will definilelty help the bat swarm, fire ring, dark elf setup
    So Force Shock and it's morphs at 28 meters are not considered range abilities? Please educate me.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

Pls make a video with that kind of build, would be something different from the DK vids atm i think.

If i can get it to work I will, no promises and probably will not work right now with vast majority of bow users exploiting the 100% debuff while they can (with ZOS once again doing nothing to stop it, because they have zero interest in fixing exploits that favor the majority, i.e. bow users, you know fixing this would probably reduce the useless heals being spammed as attempts to heal those with 100% debuff )
    Edited by GunemCleric on 4 December 2014 21:38
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

So Force Shock and it's morphs at 28 meters are not considered range abilities? Please educate me.

no, please educate me. I would love to use this "force shock" ability that has a 28 meter aoe, pretty sure a lot of people would. What skill/class line? Perhaps a screenshot as I admit I do not know what it is.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like how you leave out all the other class damagers you can use from range while choosing to focus on 2 skills.

Yeah cause I'm going to go into the middle of zerg and stand 5 meters infront of a guy while taking all the focus fire to use crushing shock with my nerfed RS . Why didn't I ever think of that.
    I was just pointing out how ridiculous your statement was. I realize you were trying to be sardonic but it was a silly thing to say. You know very well that you will continue to play the same way you always have. You will use RS and GDB and probably Spiked Armor till you close the gap and then rely on your melee and AoE attacks. The only difference is that you won't be a god while you close the distance anymore and you will have to play a little more strategically (that means you will hold down block even more than you already do).
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If i can get it to work I will, no promises and probably will not work right now with vast majority of bow users exploiting the 100% debuff while they can (with ZOS once again doing nothing to stop it, because they have zero interest in fixing exploits that favor the majority, i.e. bow users, you know fixing this would probably reduce the useless heals being spammed as attempts to heal those with 100% debuff )

give it time, look how long they let infinite reflects, of DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME, go on for.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just pointing out how ridiculous your statement was. I realize you were trying to be sardonic but it was a silly thing to say. You know very well that you will continue to play the same way you always have. You will use RS and GDB and probably Spiked Armor till you close the gap and then rely on your melee and AoE attacks. The only difference is that you won't be a god while you close the distance anymore and you will have to play a little more strategically (that means you will hold down block even more than you already do).

BLOCK CAST FOR THE WIN! Remove that and watch the tears flow even more!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

no, please educate me. I would love to use this "force shock" ability that has a 28 meter aoe, pretty sure a lot of people would. What skill/class line? Perhaps a screenshot as I admit I do not know what it is.
    It's not an AoE. Dear lord. Have you looked at any abilities outside your class lines?
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww I hope they tell us soon about the blazing shield and terror nerf. Think it's unfair they say about RS but not the others.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

It's not an AoE. Dear lord. Have you looked at any abilities outside your class lines?

FORCE SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 3 Fire Damage, 3 Cold Damage, and 3 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled Status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds, the Burning Status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds, and the Concussion Status effect, reducing target's damage done by 10% for 4 seconds.

CRUSHING SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 6 Fire Damage, 6 Cold Damage, and 6 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Burning status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Concussion status effect, reducing target's daamge done by 10% for 4 seconds. Casting targets are stunned for 3 seconds and set off balance
    New Effect:
    Stun and off balance casting targets.

FORCE PULSE I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 6 Fire Damage, 6 Cold Damage, and 6 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Burning status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Concussion status effect, reducing target's damage done by 10% for 4 seconds. Deals 3 Magic Damage on up to 2 nearby targets that are burning, chilled, or concussed
    New Effect:
    Damages nearby enemies that are burning, chilled, or concussed.

making it easy, where is the 28 meter flame AOE
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he is being sarcastic.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Awww I hope they tell us soon about the blazing shield and terror nerf. Think it's unfair they say about RS but not the others.

me too!! Also block casting :P
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What ever point you were trying to make it was lost in the sheer impracticality of it and the clear omission of everything that points contrary to your claim.

Yeah I will manually walk over to a zerg using "razor armor" as a gap closer and then rely on both my melee damage and my AOE damage. That doesn't even make sense. Needless to say I will not be using your predictions.

I was only ever a "god" among illprepared and illinformed players. Try taking a DK giving that a shot against Alacrity or No Mercy or any other guild who know what they are doing. As long as illprepared and illinformed players exist they will always be there to supply 1vXs and notions of "god" mode.
    Edited by Armitas on 4 December 2014 21:56
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How can they nerf Mass Hysteria? They already said they are going to grant CC immunity and they are going to take away your ability to block while it's active. That's not a nerf, that's fixing it. We don't rely on it nearly as much as you seem to think. Forcing you to break free even once is still nice, and you'll be the one's crying when you can't block while it's active and you don't have enough stamina for break free. Because unlike DKs, nightblades don't need to rely on two class abilities to be effective.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In 1v1 it's easy to avoid Snipe as a NB but in grp fights it's just annoying, so you're kinda right.
    I need my sap heal and just don't get anything..
    Fortunately I dueling mostly since many months so larger fights got lower priority :)

@up
    Don't expect a fear nerf, this won't happen, but about blazing Shield you're maybe right.
    Of they nerf anything on fear it's probably the duration or range, not the effect it self.

Edited by Soulac on 4 December 2014 21:58
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

FORCE SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 3 Fire Damage, 3 Cold Damage, and 3 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled Status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds, the Burning Status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds, and the Concussion Status effect, reducing target's damage done by 10% for 4 seconds.

CRUSHING SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 6 Fire Damage, 6 Cold Damage, and 6 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Burning status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Concussion status effect, reducing target's daamge done by 10% for 4 seconds. Casting targets are stunned for 3 seconds and set off balance
    New Effect:

FORCE PULSE I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    Deals 6 Fire Damage, 6 Cold Damage, and 6 Shock Damage to target. 40% chance to apply the Chilled status effect, snaring target 40% for 5 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Burning status effect, dealing 12 Fire Damage over 3 seconds. 40% chance to apply the Concussion status effect, reducing target's damage done by 10% for 4 seconds. Deals 3 Magic Damage on up to 2 nearby targets that are burning, chilled, or concussed
    New Effect:

Are you dense? I never said there was a 28 meter flame AoE. I have no idea why you seem to think that I said that.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What ever point you were trying to make it was lost in the sheer impracticality of it and the clear omission of everything that points contrary to your claim.

Yeah I will manually walk over to a zerg using "razor armor" as a gap closer and then rely on both my melee damage and my AOE damage. That doesn't even make sense. Needless to say I will not be using your predictions.

I was only ever a "god" among illprepared and illinformed players. Try taking a DK giving that a shot against Alacrity or No Mercy or any other guild who know what they are doing. As long as illprepared and illinformed players exist they will always be there to supply 1vXs and notions of "god" mode.
    I'm sure you're a great player and you will adapt. This isn't the end of the world like everyone is making it seem. That is all I am saying. There are other options.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

FORCE SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka

CRUSHING SHOCK I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    New Effect:

FORCE PULSE I
    Cast Time Instant
    Target Enemy
    Range 28 meters
    Cost 35 Magicka
    New Effect:

Are you dense? I never said there was a 28 meter flame AoE. I have no idea why you seem to think that I said that.

oh, my bad, thought you were trying to tie the flame passive aoe to force shock, forgot you had no clue
    Edited by GunemCleric on 4 December 2014 22:01
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can they nerf Mass Hysteria? They already said they are going to grant CC immunity and they are going to take away your ability to block while it's active. That's not a nerf, that's fixing it. We don't rely on it nearly as much as you seem to think. Forcing you to break free even once is still nice, and you'll be the one's crying when you can't block while it's active and you don't have enough stamina for break free. Because unlike DKs, nightblades don't need to rely on two class abilities to be effective.

That's good then if it can get blocked then. Well change my nerf to to to fix if so. I haven't seen anything from zos concerning mass hysteria/terror.

Don't know why your giving dks *** about only using 2 abilities I have to use at least 8 to be effective.... Temps only use 1 skill nowadays... must be boring to play them haha (slight /s there).
    Edited by Nijjion on 4 December 2014 22:04
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp i know im going to be going invis bats from here on out so GG ZoS just another nerf to DK devouring build. While theyre at it why dont they go nerf sap and blazing shield and block and impulse so that they can come full circle and make bow guys the new 1vx builds.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please increase the duration if you're going to limit the reflects. Four seconds is not a long time.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you're a great player and you will adapt. This isn't the end of the world like everyone is making it seem. That is all I am saying. There are other options.

I don't know if I'm a good player or not, but I will adapt. It's not "the end" for DK's. My concern is over how this particular change will change the landscape of pvp (pew pew stand offs) and how this further narrows down DKs into fewer and fewer builds. If we choose range we lose our class damagers, if we choose melee we suffer focus fire without executes or escapes.

Even those fighting for an RS nerf think the 4 hits is bogus. If they need to nerf it they need to do it right and I don't believe this particular nerf is right for the pvp landscape or the DK as a class.
    Edited by Armitas on 4 December 2014 22:15
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know if I'm a good player or not, but I will adapt. It's not "the end" for DK's. My concern is over how this particular change will change the landscape of pvp (pew pew stand offs) and how this further narrows down DKs into fewer and fewer builds. If we choose range we lose our class damagers, if we choose melee we suffer focus fire without executes or escapes.

Even those fighting for an RS nerf think the 4 hits is bogus. If they need to nerf it they need to do it right and this isn't it.
    But those are the same challenges every other class has.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even those fighting for an RS nerf think the 4 hits is bogus. If they need to nerf it they need to do it right and this isn't it.
    But those are the same challenges every other class has.

You can cast ranged class damagers at melee range, however you cannot cast melee class damagers at range. It only works one way.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK