Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

State of the game for NBs - 1.1.2 nerf (dk buff...?)

• rfpalmerb16_ESO
    rfpalmerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just be glad you aren't a Bow NB. Then you will know pain.
    Round peg? Square hole? Not a problem with a big enough hammer.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're working on an update post on the Nightblade class. We should have it today.

A post? Could we please have something concrete to build our hopes on? We're aware of and we're working on don't help those that have been playing with the broken NB since release.
  • Vecchine
    Vecchine
    Soul Shriven
    So, the @op wanna hit kill everyone and now is mad?
  • digitalprowlerb14_ESO
    not a single thing wrong with dual wield NBs i got one, I have no issues at all. She's very strong with a single target dmg. Now my ranged caster NB using the ranged NB classes available skills sucks bawls, path of darkness dmg so weak it ain't even strong enough to suck, summon shadow's so bad it's not good enough to be terrible. cripple it's ok, but i've stood for hours just using it over and over on mobs to see if it crit and nope, it dont lol, neither does path of darkness, nor does summon shadows, nor does the veil of blades....each tick of a dot or channel needs to have a chance to crit

the current state of NB DoTs makes long duration DoT specs nearly useless. Hey guy i just did 500 dmg to you in 10 seconds....that's great, sorc just spammed me with 1k crystal frags about 4 times in that 10 seconds while strokin me with 300 dmg mages fury to proc more frags lol (yes, there is other things that would go down as a sorc in that 10s, just an example of how pathetic my ranged DoT/shadow summoner mage thing is goin lol)

*Edited: Rude comment*
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on 22 May 2014 16:13
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    I dont seem to get any speed increase at all if im hidden and use cloak. Actually i think NB, as the stealth class, should have no movement penalty in hidden

I understand the stealth movement penalty and the choice to morph a skill to reduce it. Everyone has stealth and that morph represents a character's specialization in learning to be better at it.

However, there is a set bonus somewhere that is a light armor set which at five pieces completely negates stealth movement penalty for whoever wears it, if that is what you are interested in. I believe it is called Shadow Dancer's Raiment : elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shadow+Dancer%27s+Raiment+Set#.U34gHSisT2o
  • Solnai
    Solnai
    ✭✭✭
    Can you post a link to where ZOS has officially confirmed and listed these issue please? I'm not sure that I have seen it.

ZOS still doesn't have any idea what all the problems are with the NB class, I just saw a post this morning where they were asking for feedback and data on the issue with Shadow Cloak not functioning properly .
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99719/begging-for-just-this-one-nightblade-fix#latest

The listed I posted has been tested in game by several players and is a compilation of the known issues with the Nightblade class.
    tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/
    Edited by Solnai on 22 May 2014 16:13
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Drain Power also doesnt crit :D
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    That is on a mob, GreasedLizard, not in PvP. You need to be precise or ppl will ask for nerfs on our broken class!

Yes, PvE damage. One could quote the 6k+ Death Stroke in PvE too (patched). Its not like you could do that every pull or anything (or need to lol)

Wondering if Impale was on purpose (due to adding 15' range) and not a bug. Yet to hear from ZoS

Power Extraction hopefully crits today :)

Mark Target is not broken. It's just PvE mobs have 5-7.5% resistance, so the trade-off is pointless other than a Spell Power Buff + heal (not debuff) Can test within PvP with a friend to verify debuff values.

I do stealth fine while popping Rapid Regen and Combat Prayer, using invis once the crouch starts to begin, will allow you to be fully crouched and positioned for 400% damage. Never had issues unless you are detected then invis. The warning signal and entering combat are 2 different things.

Entering combat will always negate your stealth damage bonus and only register as a critical hit.

Edited by GreasedLizard on 22 May 2014 16:22
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    iDoseDMT wrote: »
    Can you post a link to where ZOS has officially confirmed and listed these issue please? I'm not sure that I have seen it.

ZOS still doesn't have any idea what all the problems are with the NB class, I just saw a post this morning where they were asking for feedback and data on the issue with Shadow Cloak not functioning properly .
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99719/begging-for-just-this-one-nightblade-fix#latest

The listed I posted have been tested in game by several players and is a compilation of the known issues with the Nightblade class.
    tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Interesting. I never noticed any problems with my NB. I may have to do a few tests of my own using this list of yours as a reference.
  • McWop
    McWop
    ✭✭
    Vecchine wrote: »

no sunshine.

Im disappointed that we got a nerf before a fix. The last thing NBs needed was a nerf, and the one hit kill was extremely difficult to pull off. Im disappointed that NBs have been broken since beta and still have not been a priority. Im disappointing that I've sunk 7 weeks into a character who has yet to be viable in competitive PvE (craglorn time trials). Any group that wins the time trials will not have a NB dps, because we're the worst in PvE
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McWop wrote: »
    Vecchine wrote: »

no sunshine.

Im disappointed that we got a nerf before a fix. The last thing NBs needed was a nerf, and the one hit kill was extremely difficult to pull off. Im disappointed that NBs have been broken since beta and still have not been a priority. Im disappointing that I've sunk 7 weeks into a character who has yet to be viable in competitive PvE (craglorn time trials). Any group that wins the time trials will not have a NB dps, because we're the worst in PvE

exactly! and also i would love for zenimax to recognize our class is very weak and dies easy in BOTH pve and pvp. and now with thier craiglorn we will be simply not able to even join in. we die easy and we cannot handle more then 2 mobbs without coming close to or near death instantly.

• vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    The leader boards are going to be fantastic! Whatever they're paying the board monitors it isn't enough :#
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    I want just say:
    Nightblade

Fixed an issue that was causing Nightblade abilities to become unresponsive in high-intensity combat situations. This issue is caused by a number of factors, and we will continue to monitor it after this patch.
    Catalyst: Fixed an issue with the Catalyst passive ability. It will now properly increase the effect of speed potions.
    Dark Shades (Summon Shade morph): This ability now deals more damage as the ability ranks up.
    Death Stroke: This ability no longer receives the critical damage bonus when used as a sneak attack. It will still cause a stun and a guaranteed critical hit.
    Focused Attacks: Fixed an issue where ranks II – IV of Focused Attacks were not restoring stamina.
    Sap Essence (Drain Power morph): Fixed an issue where this ability wasn’t granting the initial Weapon Damage bonus you should receive when no target is hit.

what da f..k ;) is what's it?
    also they are fix some op dk builds, but he can still easy faceroll pack of mobs with shield with over 2-3k total damage per second while nb can only reach around 1k.

ZOS, think before doing something
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    still love NB, still love ESO even though feeling a bit disappointed.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭

Mark Target is not broken. It's just PvE mobs have 5-7.5% resistance, so the trade-off is pointless other than a Spell Power Buff + heal (not debuff) Can test within PvP with a friend to verify debuff values.

Entering combat will always negate your stealth damage bonus and only register as a critical hit.

Ok, I've tested Mark Target and gotten the EXACT SAME damage vs. PVE targets of the same exact type with the same skills/gear whether it was up or not even though they did way more damage to me. That equals broken in my book.

How does casting a buff or debuff that does not cause aggro in any way while hidden constitute entering combat? Entering combat is when you initiate aggro, not the use of a skill.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to sneak attack with vielled strike or teleport strike, save Death stroke for when the target has more life than you and it knocks them down for 4 seconds, its the ultimate life saver fighter turner that way.
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DK's got shield bash nerf (whichthey primarily used), Talon nerf (abused in PvP), and an upcoming huge Banner ult nerf (heavily abused in PvP).

I agree that Nightblades are getting the shaft right now, but let's not claim things that aren't true about other classes in our anger.
  • WaystedMinedub17_ESO
    We're working on an update post on the Nightblade class. We should have it today.

Too bad you've already lost my subscription after this month is up. It was completely unacceptable for the game to be released with a class literally littered with bugs in every skill tree and with a majority of their abilities. Many of these bugs were identified before launch and we are going on two plus months without the majority of these issues being addressed. After all that time the best you have is "We'll have you an update post today."

Edit> Let us not forget as well this is the second patch where you've stated "Fixed an issue with Nightblades being unresponsive", lets see if you actually did it this time...my money says no.
    Edited by WaystedMinedub17_ESO on 22 May 2014 16:48
  • McWop
    McWop
    ✭✭
    DK's got shield bash nerf (whichthey primarily used), Talon nerf (abused in PvP), and an upcoming huge Banner ult nerf (heavily abused in PvP).

I agree that Nightblades are getting the shaft right now, but let's not claim things that aren't true about other classes in our anger.

yes, DKs needed a nerf, NBs not so much
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have NOT made this video, it's from the user "medakonable" on Youtube.

But it shows a Nightblade SOLO Veteran spindleclutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNESCiD5Wt0
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 16:50
  • Zafu
    Zafu
    ✭✭
    There are only two classes for PVP. DK's and Scorcerers, DK's being at the top of Over Powered. That fact is just missing from the tool tips at character creation when selecting a class.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    The leader boards are going to be fantastic! Whatever they're paying the board monitors it isn't enough :#
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaibotLiu wrote: »
    Honestly, I think people just dont experiment enough with their builds, or actually stick to it long enough and just come running to the forums asking for nerfs or buffs.

I play a NB, when I see a DK, I instantly switch to my bow. This is my ranged set up. 1. Swallow soul (underwhelmeing and easily replaceable, just havent worked out what to put here.) 2. leeching strikes (must have) 3. mass hysteria (not a must have, but a beautiful skill) 4. silver shards (I fight against AD vamps the majority of the time, it'd be silly not to have this, plus I want at least one skill that uses stamina on my bar) 5. Crippling grasp (must have).

This set up is not good on DPS, but a DK or any other melee player will have an extremely hard time killing me. I've killed many DK's with this, vamp or not, and walking away with a full health bar. They use fiery grip or talons, roll dodge away, I keep doing it, as many times as it takes. All the while Im spamming them with life steal and root, basic attacks to replenish my resources and health. I can use mass hysteria to get their shield down for a couple of seconds, but I have to get close to do this, and Im quite safe to whittle their stamina bar from a distance. Once they cant block any more, they're toast. Im vet rank 1, Ive killed a vet rank 10 DK 1vs1 with this set up. And you could tell he didnt like it very much at all.

This same exact setup, take away the bow, add Resto staff with the 10% bonus damage passive and you do a lot more damage and can move just as quickly.
  • McWop
    McWop
    ✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNESCiD5Wt0

this is the very well known invisibility exploit. Why this was ignored, but death strike was nerfed is beyond me.

World bosses see right through invisibility, as well as a few mobs. So I have no clue why this is allowed in dungeons
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭

This just proves our point about NB being broken because that player is using a broken mechanic of our invisibility skill to do that. It wasn't intended to do that, but I honestly don't know how they'll choose to fix it.
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭

I'm usually pretty positive about this game, but giving a universally recognized weak class a nerf, when there are so many more pressing issues then giving us 'we are working on saying something' in the hopes of calming down outraged players is pretty insulting. What would have been better would be to not nerf the weak class, but maybe toss out some balancing that benefited it instead, I'm 100% positive nobody would be on the forums crying about night blades being too OP. I was on your side at one point ZoS... but you really arent giving me much to work with on my class, and with the state of leveling from 1-v10 as it is now, you can forget trying to re-roll an actualy usefull class that doesnt get rejected from PvE groups... Im close to giving up on this game. Im just tired. Sort out your priorities, or dont make an MMo.

• Talketzanto
    Talketzanto
    ✭✭✭
    I love when our pvp DK's in pvp yell when you don't charge the group....They don't know, they just don't know.......
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because those abilities were incredibly overpowered.

NB's aren't and still get the shaft.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »

How does casting a buff or debuff that does not cause aggro in any way while hidden constitute entering combat? Entering combat is when you initiate aggro, not the use of a skill.

I never enter combat, unless I am within aggro range while buffing. You will lose stealth and start crouching again. The 3 sec delay in crouch to fully hidden (this bonus) can be done while popping Shadow Cloak while moving into position.

• herk427b14_ESO
    herk427b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Logging in 3-4 times on my Vet10 D W NightBlade just to get my stats to populate correctly or closely to what is intended by the passive abilities. The stats are not calculated the same way on each spawn. Base weapon damage has been calculated at 201 401 1100 and can be reproduced. I once was lax in my responsibility to check my stats on respawn. As an unintended effect I solo light attack spammed and emp at 1100 when ganking outside a ep keep. If all DW NB knew this it may effect pvp balance. Or it is just my build? I have sent ingame tickets stating that the passive stats for NB are not being calculated correctly.