The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templars are not scaling correctly on console

Trenia
Trenia
✭✭✭
Templars sweeps and jabs are not scaling with thaum on console right now, since the update. PC is not having a problem with this. Why did this bug get to console only?
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a problem in PTS but was fixed - @Trenia can you pop up some values so that we can see?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - did the Thaumaturge fix make it into the console patch?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweeps does not show up in orange. Is it a DoT?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thought as much. My templar cannot get through round 3 on vma at all. I'm just too weak. My stam nightblade just cut through everything. Either that or they buffed thier spell res and lowered physical res of everything in there.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite bug from last night is being on Wayrest final boss and then activity finder decided to fire off and put us into another instance with 5 people
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is worrying. That's Templar bread n' butter. Can anyone else confirm this? With data, ideally? I mostly tank so I won't notice much of a change in dps output. Unless it's truly abysmal.

Oh, make sure you reallocated you CP, too, since I think those were reset. You probably did. But it's worth mentioning anyway.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    I reallocated all my points to mighty on my magicka templar from thaum. The damage numbers did not change at all for sweeps. It was immediately noticeable when I logged on. I had my buddies confirm it.
    Edited by Trenia on June 15, 2016 3:00PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't expect ZOS to lift a finger on this, "console" is in the title of the thread.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll test this with jabs in a few mins when I log on and report back. Maybe it's only affecting sweeps. We should isolate the error.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you all create a ticket on the console?
    I'm finding that just discussing it only allows the community to talk about it but if you want actions taken, everyone needs to create a ticket.

Just sharing as I just got a response on the Xbox one crashing issues.
    I think if you're using the stamina based morph it does significantly less damage as its based on weapon damage. My spell damage is higher so I chose the magic based and its waaay higher.

Just sharing...
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 15, 2016 3:07PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Did you all create a ticket on the console?
    I'm finding that just discussing it only allows the community to talk about it but if you want actions taken, everyone needs to create a ticket.

Just sharing as I just got a response on the Xbox one crashing issues.
    I think if you're using the stamina based morph it does significantly less damage as its based on weapon damage. My spell damage is higher so I chose the magic based and its waaay higher.

Just sharing...

I created a ticket, but I haven't got any word back yet.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar has a broken skill?

They fixed focused charge so fast though, we should be fine...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Panth141 wrote: »
    This was a problem in PTS but was fixed - @Trenia can you pop up some values so that we can see?

Did the Thaumaturge fix make it into the console patch?

There was a fix for Thaumaturge that went in with the Dark Brotherhood update on all platforms. Here is the note (and known issue):
    The Ritual
    Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this Champion ability was increasing the damage of various non-damage over time effects, such as Daedric Curse or Magicka Detonation.
    Known Issue: This champion passive is not increasing the tooltip values of some area of effect ticking abilities, such as Ash Cloud or Path of Darkness. However, the actual damage values are being increased.

May we get a few more details about what you're encountering since today's patch?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭

Did the Thaumaturge fix make it into the console patch?

There was a fix for Thaumaturge that went in with the Dark Brotherhood update on all platforms. Here is the note (and known issue):
    The Ritual
    Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this Champion ability was increasing the damage of various non-damage over time effects, such as Daedric Curse or Magicka Detonation.
    Known Issue: This champion passive is not increasing the tooltip values of some area of effect ticking abilities, such as Ash Cloud or Path of Darkness. However, the actual damage values are being increased.

May we get a few more details about what you're encountering since today's patch?

We were told that "fix" was never meant to apply to jabs and sweeps. PC players jabs/sweeps are scaling with thaum, and console is not. I am not sure what else to tell you beyond that.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trenia

EDIT: See post #17
    Edited by Panth141 on June 15, 2016 4:17PM
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    @Trenia

I don't have a stamplar but I do have a brand new magplar, just ran tests taking advantage of the CP reset:

No CP, non-crit: 1074 (or was it 1094?)

30 CP in thaum, non-crit: 1134

So it definitely is working on puncturing sweeps on PS4; I can't speak for jabs.

Did you distribute those points elsewhere? Or did you just take them out of thaum. You lose stats if you have unallocated CP that will cause a dmg difference. with 75 pts in thaum on a magicka build my sweeps are hitting 4484. With 75 pts in mighty, my sweeps are also hitting for 4484. I have a feeling you didn't allocate those points. I doubt the bug would be exclusive to xbox.
    Edited by Trenia on June 15, 2016 3:59PM
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    @Trenia

I don't have a stamplar but I do have a brand new magplar, just ran tests taking advantage of the CP reset:

So it definitely is working on puncturing sweeps on PS4; I can't speak for jabs.

Did you distribute those points elsewhere? Or did you just take them out of thaum. You lose stats if you have unallocated CP that will cause a dmg difference. with 75 pts in thaum on a magicka build my sweeps are hitting 4484. With 75 pts in mighty, my sweeps are also hitting for 4484. I have a feeling you didn't allocate those points. I doubt the bug would be exclusive to xbox.

Fair point
    I'll test now and edit this post

EDIT:

Right...
    @Trenia
    @ZoS_JessicaFolsom

No allocated CP, non-crit:

1094 Puncturing sweep damage

30 CP allocated in thaumaturge, no other CP allocated, non-crit:

1134 Puncturing sweep damage

30 CP allocated in blessed, no other CP allocated, non-crit:

1134 Puncturing sweep damage

As Trenia suggested, the damage increase is simply due to the commitment of blue CP - thaumaturge is not buffing Puncturing Sweeps.
    Edited by Panth141 on June 15, 2016 4:13PM
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    @Trenia

I did distribute mine and I'm magic based and its a bump up but maybe Stam isn't the way to go based on the changes

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems fine. Damage went up and base damage looks okay. The animations and stuff are slower though. I kinda like it, tbh.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar has a broken skill?

They fixed focused charge so fast though, we should be fine...

No kidding, and Wrobel tricked us by saying that Templar will be getting a buff called ritual of retribution, however the aoe grants cc immunity. And the reactive armor procs from the aoe, and also fallsalas guile. @Wrobel Why do you always forsake the Templar? Are you trying to get everyone to play a stamina nightblade?
    Edited by Justice31st on June 15, 2016 5:34PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this. I'm so tired of trying to figure out which class is the least broken every update.
  • kholsh
    kholsh
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should boost stamina players more. Just get rid of magica all together
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tham doesn't increase sweeps right? It's magic damage right?

Sweeps are white and yellow, not orange. So I put nothing into tham, and get 1100-1200 per sweep without crits. When critting I am seeing 5k-7k sometimes lol. So tham doesn't increase damage, right?

It used to before thieves guild but it's been changed, right?? Lol
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on June 15, 2016 5:36PM
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elium85 wrote: »
    Please fix this. I'm so tired of trying to figure out which class is the least broken every update.

It seems like Templar has been the meta for the most broken class or nerfed every update for awhile now.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kholsh wrote: »
    Maybe they should boost stamina players more. Just get rid of magica all together

Not a bad idea, or how about listen to the stamina masses and just give them a max stamina shield so they can turn into sorcerers on steroids and win the game.
    Edited by Justice31st on June 15, 2016 5:36PM
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Tham doesn't increase sweeps right? It's magic damage right?

Sweeps are white and yellow, not orange. So I put nothing into tham, and get 1100-1200 per sweep without crits. When critting I am seeing 5k-7k sometimes lol. So tham doesn't increase damage, right?

It used to before thieves guild but it's been changed, right?? Lol

Sweeps has both been buffed by elemental expert and thaumaturge before. It is a magicka based skill (elemental expert) and a channeled ability (thaumaturge)
    Edited by Justice31st on June 15, 2016 5:38PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are looking at actual damage right? Not just tooltips?

Also if you are finding stuff harder, it may be because Sweeps can no longer crit on the heal portion. The heal is only scaled up proportionally from a crit from the damage protion. It used to do both, and it is noticeable.
    Edited by danno8 on June 15, 2016 5:40PM
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @N0TPLAYER2

ZoS have previously gone on the record stating that puncturing strikes and morphs should be buffed by Thaumaturge.

@danno8

Yep - all of my above values are actual damage on actual enemies

@Molag_Crow

... I thought that this may be of interest to you! I'd be grateful if you could double check, too.
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danno8

Yep - all of my above values are actual damage on actual enemies

Hmm interesting. Yes it was broken on the PTS up to the week before DB going live, at which point it was fixed. Tested and verified by myself and others.

I will have to test it again to make sure it didn't resurface in the past few patches on PC.

3000 gold...again.
    Edited by danno8 on June 15, 2016 5:55PM
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    @danno8 I think that's ZOS's latest gold sink: respec's to test what's broken in game.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elium85 wrote: »
    @danno8 I think that's ZOS's latest gold sink: respec's to test what's broken in game.

LMAO.