The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s too bad, have to see it on live to test it. At first I though 3 seconds was too long, but dizzy swing is 2 seconds of unbreakable cc at least because of the knock back animation, and it’s spammable, plus there’s a bug where stacking cc means you can’t break free.

It’ll definitely change Stamblades into a threat against experienced pvpers and forget about being a glass canon.

Yea until that goon squad of troll blades time all their incaps right after each other... it’s a quick GG for any mag toon.

They dont need to time it. Any group with a single stamblade will be instant death to a mag toon.

Well obviously- but dude thinks 3 seconds isn’t long... and let’s say it’s a face tank healer- 2 incaps on cooldown means it’s over as well.

For everyone saying that 3 seconds isn't long, remember when Rune Cage was nearly unbreakable and the forums were a mess of outrage over its "OPness?"
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could just add the sustain passive and leave the stun on incap and see how it play.

Anyways like they did change incap minor mangle they can change/revert the silence too so yeah.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30eeg4.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how last time Gilliam said on live stream in context of grim focus further changes that they wont give any sustain oriented buffs there because nb do not have issues with sustain and now they give 100 stam+mag per weapon attack for slotting incap :joy:

As for the silence like seriously anyone expected something else from devs that dont understand the game they're making to the point they wanted to add cast time on shields ?
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    ahahahaaaha
    what?
    ahahahahahha this cant be real
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you guys on crack?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just a little silence guys... followed by just a little bag cuz you literally couldn’t do jack **** about it.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    GGWP ZOS :D:D:D

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the silence but add the stun and major defile back too. Also make it stun from 75 ult and it'll be a perfectly balanced skill .
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

Like not actually implementing it?
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

No "investigating" needed, just remove the Silence and all is well.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on 7 May 2019 21:44
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS showed long ago they don't care about magicka classes in general. We are recieving nerf after nerf. Magicka sets sucks when compared to stamina ones. They have nerfed magicka ONLY (outside of being vampire) way to stay mobile to 2s. They gave stamblade FREE piercing mark allowing them to disable most important skill of their magicka counterpart completely for free. Now they are giving them OP incap. Healing ward got nerfed long time ago. Shade soon will be broken for over a year.

Nah... I'm done, even if they revert some changes I'm sick and tired of fighting every single patch for survival. Each patch they came up with some "brilliant" ideas making game only worse. Glad I didn't pre-ordered Elsweyr.

PS. No you can't have my stuff.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    s/s pet sorcs crying about counter play ;)
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    I don't get it. Don't sorcs have a 12 sec ult that silences all enemies in it ? And deals damage ?

The only difference is you can't roll out of incap strike and it only affects one person. But also sorc ult affects multiple people and has a higher cost.

How often is incap strike front bared for the regen to be effective? Wouldn't dawnbreaker be more common on front.

Well but you can counter the sorc ult by dodging out or smart movement ( it is still realy strong agaisnt magica chars) you cant do that against incap, stamblade is also one of the classest with the highest burst in the game so yeah that will be fun
    Well... you can dodge incap - it is single target. Also you are no longer stunned by it... so you can just run away... just like you can walk out of negate. Besides - it is only 3 seconds. That is a very small window really. Sometimes server lag is worse than that tbh.

Small note:
    On my stamina characters I run some magicka skills for utility. You know, purge and stuff. Maybe ZOS wants magicka characters to run at least this one stamina skill ? Idk to be honest what they are up to.

Heyo Gang!

My god, sorcs did that again ! Remember the cast time on shields that ZOS proposed some updates ago ? And all mag characters (mostly sorcs since shields) cried so hard that it created an Ocean on Sahara Desert ? Well.... it seems that they did that again. :o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 7 May 2019 21:49
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

It's on the wrong skill, more importantly it's on the wrong class if it's going to be anywhere in the game.
  • Trandaner
    Trandaner
    ✭✭✭
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

If you can only cast one light attack + Skill within 3 seconds you are doing something wrong and shouln't be allowed to take part in this discussion.
    But thanks for your opinion, now go roleplay a little bit.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    ZOS showed long ago they don't care about magicka classes in general. We are recieving nerf after nerf. Magicka sets sucks when compared to stamina ones. They have nerfed magicka ONLY (outside of being vampire) way to stay mobile to 2s. They gave stamblade FREE piercing mark allowing them to disable most important skill of their magicka counterpart completely for free. Now they are giving them OP incap. Healing ward got nerfed long time ago. Shade soon will be broken for over a year.

Nah... I'm done, even if they revert some changes I'm sick and tired of fighting every single patch for survival. Each patch they came up with some "brilliant" ideas making game only worse. Glad I didn't pre-ordered Elsweyr.

PS. No you can't have my stuff.

Playing a magsorc and crying about survival/being under powered in 2019. LOL
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why ZOS doesn't discuss such game changing ideas with the class reps before proposing them in the patch notes. I'm 100% confident that the reps would have advised against this change. Judging by @Masel 's reaction, they didn't know about this at all. I had hope because of the staff changes in the combat design team, but this rate ZOS will just lose more and more trust from the community - again - because they propose crazy changes like this…
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you please bring back wrobel ? he seemed to be the only one who kept those devs at zos in check and REDUCED the bad ideas of the devs,

I was allways disgusted that sorcerers negation only hurts magica players, but this is even worse. @ZOS There is allready a big power gap between magica and stamina users in the game that will make it worse.

My opinion: Zos only announced that crap to distract from the other *** that goes live with elsweyr, so ppl cry about the sillence on incap and forget about everything else :D
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Make it breakable.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello darkness, my old friend...
    Within the sound of silence :'(
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge? Hold block? Drink a potion?
  • UlfricWinterfell
    UlfricWinterfell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

CSI: ESO
    Balance Scene Investigation

Ulfric Winterfell / Stamina DK
    Die Rote Vîper / Stamina NB

Mögen sie mich hassen, wenn sie mich nur fürchten - Caligula

It's Ulfric
    Twitch
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

The only "counterplay" is to remove this ridicilious change to begin with and also remove the person that had this fine idea from contributing to any nb changes whatsoever.

This is utterly broken and it is a joke that this is even considered to begin with!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

So first devs are making some change and implementing it to the PTS and after that investigating counterplay for it ? I am no dev but shouldn't that procces work inversely ?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Really just get rid of the silence, it existing in the first place is already very concerning, About as concerning as no one who was involved with changing incap either speaking up About the consequences or not even noticing them.
    You dont Need to make counterplay Options for the silence on incap, you Need to actually make incap stop being as overloaded as it is in every Iteration said ultimate has seen. It already is a very potent single target ultimate with a high burst that also increases further Damage by 20%.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Can... we just revert the change? Removing the defile was fine, maybe that + keep the sustain change.

Adding counterplay will not address the harm this does to the balance between magicka and stamina in PvP. In the context of world PvP group fights this will make it far harder to avoid focus from multiple players as a magicka toon, and will tilt group comp towards stamina more than it already is currently.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally this ridiculus ultimate gets rebalanced.
    Ps. I'm still waiting for buffing counter-cloak abilities.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That could be fine with 200 ult, not freaking 120 and NB's ult gen. Sorcs have a small bubble that you can easily dodge out and it costs twice as much. And Sorcs dont generate ultimate faster.