The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Ebonheart Pact needs some Love

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's almost funny, I remember reading posts much like the one I'm about to write coming from NA DC last Spring. It appears the tides have turned again, and it's time we started talking about it.

As many have read, NA EP has now lost Guild of Shadows (GOS), as its leaders have decided to take a step back and no longer PVP competitively. Their departure is very sad and caps a series of losses for EP. The Pact has seen the loss of many key leaders and guilds in the last 6 months. And there has been very little organization established in their absence. As a result of this, the faction has been steadily declining in effectiveness over this time. There are approximately 2 hardcore PVP guilds left on EP, both of which do not run full raids. This is not meant to offend any remaining EP guilds. Yet, there is still general consensus; both in terms of activity and ability of a hardcore PVP guild.

In addition to the loss of guilds, EP has seen the loss of many solo and small group players as well. Many have rerolled to DC or AD, while others have quit the game entirely; weakening that community on EP and attracting more skilled players away from it. I couldn't even list a small scale squad on EP that would be equivalent to an Aenlir/Lowpolicy, Fengrush/Essa type play. If they're here, then I apologize, but I just never see it.

All I ever see is giant groups of people who need more experience. If other factions are honest with themselves, they will recognize that though EP may have hoards of people, they are most often what 1vX clips are made of, as they are generally inexperienced players. It is primarily this imbalance that makes EP so weak right now.

I guess the point in all of this is just to state that as a faction, we recognize that we are weaker than we have been in the past. If you or your guild is looking for truly competitive PVP, if you are looking to go against the strongest players rather than farm the weakest, I encourage you to try your hand against the strength of DC and AD right now.
Edited by Jules on January 4, 2016 5:36PM
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you are an EP guild who wants help to improve play, please ask. I know what we are up against, there are people more than willing to assist in making EP a stronger faction guild-wise. The intro to Cyrodiil quest is a joke, and there's a basic lack of knowledge about how to take keeps, how to handle breaches, what certain alliance skills do... If you have questions please PM me in game @bees83.
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an unfortunate truth Jules, well written. A few things I'd add are:

The dominating force/faction continues to change in this game much like it has since launch. The first 6-9 months AD had the most hardcore pvp guilds and dominated pvp .The following 6-9 months EP had and did the same and now for the past 5 months DC have had and done the same as well. This is in terms of what many describe as "main campaigns" as there has rarely been a steady second "main campaign" throughout ESO's history due to both buff servers in the past and shifting/moving populations.

Within this time guilds interested in keeping the pvp in NA competitive have taken actions themselves, since ZOS does nothing, to balance the scales by rerolling to weaker factions themselves whether by themselves or with entire guilds. Some examples that were DiE rerolling EP when AD was just too strong and VE rerolling DC when EP was strong. Yet, EP has been steadily declining since 4 guilds rerolled DC and one guild went inactive at the same time.

EP did have the highest pop 6-9 months ago, but it is now often that both AD and DC have larger overall or earlier pops between all campaigns. There is no denying that EP is the weakest faction in terms of ability and finds itself against the full force of both opposing factions at the same time more than the others do in AZ. Rvr (RealvRealmvRealm) pvp is meant to work because weaker factions can gang up on the strongest and therefore be competitive still, which has happened in ESO. Yet, unfortunately that has not been the case in AZ for quite some time as most seem interested in doing/fighting whatever is easiest.
    Edited by Alomar on January 4, 2016 5:46PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, but the root of the problem is the frustration with ZoS's unwillingness to work with its customer base over the direction of PvP, its unwillingness to implement periodic quality of play measures that they themselves have admitted are necessary, and, of course, it's inability to improve, let alone solve, performance issues.

In such, if we had a more competent and receptive developer, people would still be here and EP would be just fine as a faction.
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such is the way of MMOs.

The "faction shift" has been an ongoing thing since beta. It generally happens when one faction has become so strong, PvP is simply no longer fun. Sooner or later, people get tired of rofl-stomping everything, and want to try another faction (generally, the perceived "underdog"). And, because guilds tend to want to play together, the end result are larger player migrations to another faction.

The solution is one that has been proven on these forums to be untenable: only allow one faction per player account. (Thus, if someone wanted to play multiple factions, they'd have to pay for multiple player accounts). That's never going to happen, and so everyone might as well get used to the ebb and flow as players elect to play characters from other factions.

I personally only play AD. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the very small minority - most people have characters from multiple factions.

In short: what you're talking about is a fact of life, and isn't going to change. So, you can either continue to play your characters when the chips are down for your faction, or you can ride the wave and make a character in a different faction. The choice is up to the individual player.
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Jules (not being rude!!!!).....which guilds do you think are left out there that would actually reroll EP or come back to toons they left? There is way to much headache and heartache in either approach with the game bleeding folks as it is already.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    It's almost funny, I remember reading posts much like the one I'm about to write coming from NA DC last Spring. It appears the tides have turned again, and it's time we started talking about it.

As many have read, NA EP has now lost Guild of Shadows (GOS), as its leaders have decided to take a step back and no longer PVP competitively. Their departure is very sad and caps a series of losses for EP. The Pact has seen the loss of many key leaders and guilds in the last 6 months. And there has been very little organization established in their absence. As a result of this, the faction has been steadily declining in effectiveness over this time. There are approximately 2 hardcore PVP guilds left on EP, both of which do not run full raids. This is not meant to offend any remaining EP guilds. Yet, there is still general consensus; both in terms of activity and ability of a hardcore PVP guild.

In addition to the loss of guilds, EP has seen the loss of many solo and small group players as well. Many have rerolled to DC or AD, while others have quit the game entirely; weakening that community on EP and attracting more skilled players away from it. I couldn't even list a small scale squad on EP that would be equivalent to an Aenlir/Lowpolicy, Fengrush/Essa type play. If they're here, then I apologize, but I just never see it.

All I ever see is giant groups of people who need more experience. If other factions are honest with themselves, they will recognize that though EP may have hoards of people, they are most often what 1vX clips are made of, as they are generally inexperienced players. It is primarily this imbalance that makes EP so weak right now.

I guess the point in all of this is just to state that as a faction, we recognize that we are weaker than we have been in the past. If you or your guild is looking for truly competitive PVP, if you are looking to go against the strongest players rather than farm the weakest, I encourage you to try your hand against the strength of DC and AD right now.

I'll reroll an EP toon if such is the case.
    Might take forever though :(.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    Honestly Jules (not being rude!!!!).....which guilds do you think are left out there that would actually reroll EP or come back to toons they left? There is way to much headache and heartache in either approach with the game bleeding folks as it is already.

TKG just chose to reroll DC, sigh idk what people are thinking but jump on the bandwagon, just within the last few weeks. While I agree we are in a sad state in general in terms of pvp this just provides an example that people are still doing it as entire guilds recently.
    Edited by Alomar on January 4, 2016 5:58PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That is what happens when ZOS *** solo and small scale grps with AoE Caps and 50% dmg mitigation.
    RIP Solo and Small scale.

Next Patch ZOS will give Zergs even more "Godlike" abilities
    Edited by Alcast on January 4, 2016 6:02PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »

TKG just chose to reroll DC, sigh idk what people are thinking but jump on the bandwagon, just within the last few weeks. While I agree we are in a sad state in general in terms of pvp this just provides an example that people are still doing it as entire guilds recently.

That's Vanzan's guild right? If so, aren't they Oceanics and as such would have zero bearing on AS prime time anyway? I'd have to ask them but I'm pretty sure their reroll was to face off against Lolimage and company since AD has a pretty huge Oceanic presence.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People just haven't accepted that DC doesn't need the help anymore, it was a *** show when rerolled but the faction is strong now. There are days I get to the chal mile gate and just /sitchair on the third floor while hordes of DC try to farm, its very amusing though to see a "guild" get rolled by like 12 of you.
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's Vanzan's guild right? If so, aren't they Oceanics and as such would have zero bearing on AS prime time anyway? I'd have to ask them but I'm pretty sure their reroll was to face off against Lolimage and company since AD has a pretty huge Oceanic presence.

If we never fought them I'd agree. Yet, both during our period on TF and since on AZ we still encountered them in NA late primetime as well as small man late morning/early afternoon groups. I also agree, not much to disagree with as the last AZ campaign showed, that AD has the strongest non-NA tz.
    Edited by Alomar on January 4, 2016 6:14PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part of the reason, imo, why dc was so weak once upon a time was because the better and more experienced players didn't really make an effort to incorporate and train newer players. It's not meant as a slight against anyone, or any guild, just my own personal observation - which I'm sure not everyone will agree with.

With regards to EPs current situation, there is a wealth of talented and experienced pvpers still playing. I'm not familiar with EPs zone chat and how well people get along, but at least part of the solution could be for some of the awesome pvpers in EP to take some of the disorganized pvpers under their wing. It's not to say that it doesn't already happen, but it's something I wished DC had been better at before the dark days when our population was abysmal.

You guys certainly have the numbers, it looks like they just need direction, and I think that's something EP is going to have to solve within EP. I honestly can't see a DiE or VE like reroll happening anytime soon, because frankly, dc and ad can't afford to lose guilds either. And with pvp and vet levels and undaunted and alliance ranks being as they are, I can't think of any dc/ad guilds that would even have the stamina for a reroll.

For perspective, EP on Sunday was roflstomping blue when I was playing in azura, so you guys certainly do have nights where you're fine. I will certainly miss taking on a GoS raid though :neutral:
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this is why I've made a couple of EP toons, as an AD it was getting really boring logging in and seeing the map all yellow with the same person being emp. I dread leveling my EP to VR16 though :s
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Part of the reason, imo, why dc was so weak once upon a time was because the better and more experienced players didn't really make an effort to incorporate and train newer players. It's not meant as a slight against anyone, or any guild, just my own personal observation - which I'm sure not everyone will agree with.

With regards to EPs current situation, there is a wealth of talented and experienced pvpers still playing. I'm not familiar with EPs zone chat and how well people get along, but at least part of the solution could be for some of the awesome pvpers in EP to take some of the disorganized pvpers under their wing. It's not to say that it doesn't already happen, but it's something I wished DC had been better at before the dark days when our population was abysmal.

You guys certainly have the numbers, it looks like they just need direction, and I think that's something EP is going to have to solve within EP. I honestly can't see a DiE or VE like reroll happening anytime soon, because frankly, dc and ad can't afford to lose guilds either. And with pvp and vet levels and undaunted and alliance ranks being as they are, I can't think of any dc/ad guilds that would even have the stamina for a reroll.

For perspective, EP on Sunday was roflstomping blue when I was playing in azura, so you guys certainly do have nights where you're fine. I will certainly miss taking on a GoS raid though :neutral:

I am trying to do this as of late, and it isn't easy to get everyone to listen, but you'll find some gems. EP needs to help EP. Ep also needs to accept help from others when it is offered. Also to note, an extreme lack of comminucation even in zone ( i know there is some guild for EP guilds to talk in, I am not a member though) doesn't help smaller groups or solo players. Calling out where your guild will go to defend or attack can help direct, and get people to work together.

My mind is a jumble, long day/night, but yes, ep needs to help itself internally, a LOT.
    Edited by Pchela on January 4, 2016 6:21PM
    Options
  • Lisbette
    Lisbette
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

In addition to the loss of guilds, EP has seen the loss of many solo and small group players as well. Many have rerolled to DC or AD, while others have quit the game entirely; weakening that community on EP and attracting more skilled players away from it.I couldn't even list a small scale squad on EP that would be equivalent to an Aenlir/Lowpolicy, Fengrush/Essa type play. If they're here, then I apologize, but I just never see it.

Ahem, you forgot Tamerlin/Sabre here :-p

-Tammy
    Edited by Lisbette on January 4, 2016 6:28PM
    Options
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jinxycat wrote: »
    Yep, this is why I've made a couple of EP toons, as an AD it was getting really boring logging in and seeing the map all yellow with the same person being emp. I dread leveling my EP to VR16 though :s

It can be tough, but it is nice to correct any mistakes in your previous toon or try out a new class entirely.

I also think it is fun playing alongside folks you only used to see on your death recap :)
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »

I also think it is fun playing alongside folks you only used to see on your death recap :)

I'd love to play with Fall Damage. Seems like a top bloke.

On the subject of the thread, it is concerning. We are officially, nearly, full circle.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    EP were always the dominating faction @Jules. EP won Wabbajack when I was playing with Vokundein and Condemned. To prove a point Vokundein and Condemned went to Auriel's Bow (which was suppose to be the baddest campaign) during prime time, dethroned their emperor, and crowned an EP emperor just because we couldn't be stopped. Shortly after Condemned left the game I played in IR (around June/July 2014) with Crystalized and EP still dominated. EP has never been as weak as it is now.
    Edited by Shaggygaming on January 4, 2016 6:41PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can be tough, but it is nice to correct any mistakes in your previous toon or try out a new class entirely.

Dark elf DK still viable? Or will I need to spend crowns to unlock kittens/high elves?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure if there are any other small-scale NA EP guilds left out there. But my guild CKA is active currently, we're just not active in zone chat or on the forums, we tend to be pretty low-key. But we have some of the best EP solo players left in our guild (in my eyes at least), and are working on training new blood (which isn't easy, and takes some time). As well as bringing in additional experienced players out there on EP that likely don't know we exist. We've been bringing on players via word of mouth, and training players that we see have the potential to become great outnumbered mates.

Our endgame guild goal at the moment is to have a competitive team ready for battlegrounds (and we're close), if they ever release that content. I'm friendly with a lot of the smaller scale DC and AD guys, and we usually avoid interaction in Cyrodiil. They tend to be where the EP zergs are, and my groups try to be where the AD or DC zergs are.

We also manage a weekly dueling event with Legion XIII from DC.
    Edited by OdinForge on January 4, 2016 6:59PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't even list a small scale squad on EP that would be equivalent to an Aenlir/Lowpolicy, Fengrush/Essa type play. If they're here, then I apologize, but I just never see it.

this makes me sad, my hit squads used to do this stuff a long time ago, but instead of wanting to bring em back i actually unsubbed today... eso gets one more shot for me with the next patch, if it's not better i'm out for good :(
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I have V16 toons on all three factions. However, as one person, I'm not going to do much to help faction balance. On days that I see DC is dominating, I'll play on my red toon or just go play something else. Unfortunately, my 2 EP guilds (GoS and Hijinx) appear to be dying. GoS still runs small groups with core players, but it's not the same as what they were a month ago. I'm all about playing with the underdog faction- it's why I played one character on DC for so long- but without an organized guild, I just end up preying on the weaker players from AD and DC rather than pushing faction objectives. @OdinForge you should hit me up in game if you're trying to fill a group because I'd love to see what CKA is all about. To my friends in VE and GoS: you guys are family, so please don't take this post as me abandoning you, because I have no such intentions.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I have V16 toons on all three factions. However, as one person, I'm not going to do much to help faction balance. On days that I see DC is dominating, I'll play on my red toon or just go play something else. Unfortunately, my 2 EP guilds (GoS and Hijinx) appear to be dying. GoS still runs small groups with core players, but it's not the same as what they were a month ago. I'm all about playing with the underdog faction- it's why I played one character on DC for so long- but without an organized guild, I just end up preying on the weaker players from AD and DC rather than pushing faction objectives. @OdinForge you should hit me up in game if you're trying to fill a group because I'd love to see what CKA is all about. To my friends in VE and GoS: you guys are family, so please don't take this post as me abandoning you, because I have no such intentions.

Clearly EP just needs some inspirational snudes. Problem solved.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Dark elf DK still viable? Or will I need to spend crowns to unlock kittens/high elves?

@Minno You can't roll EP...:(

Ya gotta stay true to the blue! ;)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly EP just needs some inspirational snudes. Problem solved.

:angry:
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

@Minno You can't roll EP...:(

Ya gotta stay true to the blue! ;)

Lol i won't reroll fully. I'm dreading the grind for any new toon.
    Probably only reroll up to lvl 15 with a tank then wrangle up some newbies if DC looks to dominate too much.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is no where near being down and out, I see huge numbers at keeps, but yes over all I think all factions are down, I no longer see EP locked on most of the campaigns, I no longer see AD locked right behind them, and I see DC with a respectful showing now, locked on AZ and three bars on TF or Haderus, I think we all know with the problems this game has even the hardcore fans have limits as to how long they can play in this broken pvp.

I am sure the cycle will keep going I suspect those that like to ride the coat tails will jump ship from both EP and AD to DC, while DC is winning, when the wind changes they will jump to the next coat tail.

I pvp everyday till about 8pm eastern when the lag really starts to settle in, then I log off, I used to play past midnight some nights has been a long time since then, I have gone from 8 to 10 hours a day to about 4 to 5 hours. Some weekends I have to admit 12 plus hours.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on January 4, 2016 8:00PM
    Options
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    EP all the way, but as a dedicated healer I need guild groups to run with, solo I am way to weak plus the AP payout to low

I have healed every challenge this game thrown at me, so some FPS/lagg problems aint gonna stop me

GoS will be missed for sure

Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You've nailed it. EP has huge potential and I have been doing all I can to interest new players into competitive and hardcore PvP for months. I can't do much by myself though because I am not lead or group lead of an hardcore guild myself. We need people from competitive guilds to get on Teamspeak once every few weeks and discuss strategies, abilities, gear, cps with more casual guild leaders. Then, said guild leaders must do their own training with their respective members to spread the information. We've been doing this already a couple times , @Hektik_V and I, but we can't just give up when EP is being stubborn and forgetting quickly everything we've teached to them. We must stay stay strong and keep encouraging them to get better. It is the only way.

I know that @pchela also have alot to offer and is willing to contribute. We need more EP players like this who have been playing since beta and who care to help the faction gets better as a whole.

As @pchela pointed out, casual guilds need to be receptive to the informations given and have to forget the mentality "I won't force my members to play certain playstyles" when we propose them to have certain players using maneuvers and purges for example. We have to break this mindset of certain guilds and make them realize that even tho a character can be played different ways, to be optimized in medium group play, the player gotta have certain key abilities on his bar and same for the group as a whole.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 4, 2016 8:25PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

I'm not sure if there are any other small-scale NA EP guilds left out there. But my guild CKA is active currently, we're just not active in zone chat or on the forums, we tend to be pretty low-key. But we have some of the best EP solo players left in our guild (in my eyes at least), and are working on training new blood (which isn't easy, and takes some time). As well as bringing in additional experienced players out there on EP that likely don't know we exist. We've been bringing on players via word of mouth, and training players that we see have the potential to become great outnumbered mates.

Our endgame guild goal at the moment is to have a competitive team ready for battlegrounds (and we're close), if they ever release that content. I'm friendly with a lot of the smaller scale DC and AD guys, and we usually avoid interaction in Cyrodiil. They tend to be where the EP zergs are, and my groups try to be where the AD or DC zergs are.

We also manage a weekly dueling event with Legion XIII from DC.

Can confirm that OdinForge is a top notch small scale player.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options