The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can not complete long live the king quest with 4 million bounty ps4

• found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    found1779 wrote: »
    Can someone from development comment here let me know if this is intended or a bug that will be fixed or are you going to ignore it like you do when someone ask for text chat on console

it's not a bug it's the justice part of the justice system

If so it shouldn't be hard for zenimax to say if it is or isn't then if it is explain to me why all the other quest are able to be completed but just this one can't be
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:06PM
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cause of the title why would a king reward the one he has put a bounty on of at least 1000x the quest reward? ;)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The OP should just be grateful ESO hasn't implemented the bounty hunter part of the justice system yet. For a piece of 77 million(?) bounty lotto I'd even start a bounty hunter char to compete with the hundreds of others who would be hunting him down. lol >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    cause of the title why would a king reward the one he has put a bounty on of at least 1000x the quest reward? ;)

That makes no since we ain't talking about the story having anything to do with it I'm talking about every other quest be able to be completed with a bounty except this one story wise it makes since but technology wise it doesn't
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:12PM
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    Maybe this NPC is different than the others and doesn't want to do business with you, OP.

Or if it is a bug, then just put in a bug report. Let us know what happens.

I've submitted a bug report they told me just to abandon the quest get rid of the bounty then try again i tokd them i can complete other quest with a bounty that requires you to talk to a vender but not this one and they closed my ticket as solved and didn't give me a answer as to why this let's be honest they know it's a bug but do not want to admit it i guess cause it isn't affect alot of people only a small amount that's why i suspect it won't be fixed but let's say if it was something major that affected alot of people you could bet it would be fixed it's just alot of people do not play as a outlaw so why worry about it they probably are think it's ridiculous

The only thing that's broken is the period key on your keyboard, brother.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    Maybe this NPC is different than the others and doesn't want to do business with you, OP.

I've submitted a bug report they told me just to abandon the quest get rid of the bounty then try again i tokd them i can complete other quest with a bounty that requires you to talk to a vender but not this one and they closed my ticket as solved and didn't give me a answer as to why this let's be honest they know it's a bug but do not want to admit it i guess cause it isn't affect alot of people only a small amount that's why i suspect it won't be fixed but let's say if it was something major that affected alot of people you could bet it would be fixed it's just alot of people do not play as a outlaw so why worry about it they probably are think it's ridiculous

Omg really your trolling now
  • Zilch
    Zilch
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should just be grateful ESO hasn't implemented the bounty hunter part of the justice system yet. For a piece of 77 million(?) bounty lotto I'd even start a bounty hunter char to compete with the hundreds of others who would be hunting him down. lol >:)

Do you honestly believe this is how the system will be implemented, if ever? If so, wow.
    It's time for an overhaul of the current loot system!
    Implement a Token-System, so people get rewarded for their time invested!
    RNG^RNG is both tedious and undesirable!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see in this topic is 6 pages of the same pointless bantering... The situation is actually quite simple.

This isn't exactly a bug, but it may be an "oversight"...

Basically, players don't get insurmountable bounties like this by accident (or if they do, they are idiots). They do it intentionally, because they want to experience playing as someone who will "always" have a high bounty. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as they are prepared to deal with the consequences.

In this case, the OP is stating that, until now, the inability to complete quests was NOT a consequence of having a huge bounty. He's been able to enjoy playing his high-bounty character (with all the other repercussions involved) while still being able to complete quests.

Due to a mechanic that (he claims) is unique to this particular quest, this quest seems to be the exception to the rules that the game has followed thus far. (Whether this is indeed the only quest that is affected in this way, I couldn't say.)

If so, the OP has a point. The "rules" changed on him after he decided to try playing a "fugitive" character. The question becomes whether ZOS intended the rules to change, or if this was an oversight.

If every other quest in the game is able to be completed by a character with a ludicrously high bounty, then this quest is likely an oversight, and ZOS should do something to fix it.

On the other hand, if ZOS actually intends for players with high bounties to not be able to complete certain quests (which is entirely possible) then this is just another of those quests, and the OP is going to have to accept that his play-style is going to prevent him from completing it.

All other arguments about "morality" and "realism" and about how the OP "deserves" what's happening, are baseless and moot.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »

Omg really your trolling now

My trolling now what?
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    All I see in this topic is 6 pages of the same pointless bantering... The situation is actually quite simple.

This isn't exactly a bug, doesn'*** may be an "oversight"...

Basically, players don't get insurmountable bounties like this by accident (or if they do, they are idiots). They do it intentionally, because they want to experience playing as someone who will "always" have a high bounty. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as they are prepared to deal with the consequences.

In this case, the OP is stating that, until now, the inability to complete quests was NOT a consequence of having a huge bounty. He's been able to enjoy playing his high-bounty character (with all the other repercussions involved) while still being able to complete quests.

Due to a mechanic that (he claims) is unique to this particular quest, this quest seems to be the exception to the rules that the game has followed thus far. (Whether this is indeed the only quest that is affected in this way, I couldn't say.)

If so, the OP has a point. The "rules" changed on him after he decided to try playing a "fugitive" character. The question becomes whether ZOS intended the rules to change, or if this was an oversight.

If every other quest in the game is able to be completed by a character with a ludicrously high bounty, then this quest is likely an oversight, and ZOS should do something to fix it.

On the other hand, if ZOS actually intends for players with high bounties to not be able to complete certain quests (which is entirely possible) then this is just another of those quests, and the OP is going to have to accept that his play-style is going to prevent him from completing it.

All other arguments about "morality" and "realism" and about how the OP "deserves" what's happening, are baseless and moot.

Every quest in the game would be this way not just certain ones if a bounty was to stop you from completing a quest I wouldn't even be able to have progress to vr 16 like I am
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:35PM
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they probably exploited the *** out of five finger dance and now they see the consequences
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I like to LARP and that means that everyone else has to SUFFER"
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

they probably exploited the *** out of five finger dance and now they see the consequences

All you do is acuse people of doing stuff you don't know is correct or not if you haven't anything to say about the topic on hand why even comment
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the responses.

Submit a ticket and identity the quest and the npc.

Based on my experience of this game and these devs, I am pretty sure that they did not intend to stop quest progression via the justice system.

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess...OP saw the youtube video of a guy trying to power level his character by killing NPCS in a certain area over and over, he ignored the part of the video that clearly says "don't ever do this on a character you intend on ever playing, the bounty will last for years and this is merely a joke to see how quick I could level"

OP now QQ'ing about not being able to this quest because he ignored said warning.

This thread is absolute gold, criminal scum shouldn't be welcome on the forums either imo.

OP you made a choice to have a bounty you can never pay off, you knew there were consequences, you DIDN'T know at the time if you could complete every quest in the game, well now you know
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no option they are basically telling me to stop playing the way I want to play in order to be able to complete a quest were they made a mistake on it
    But you cannot play other tes games this way.
    You can just reroll a "normal" char.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In TESV: Skyrim your actions had consequences that could easily disrupt your progression through the game in terms of questing or simply interacting. Why should this game be any different?

Why you even want a bounty that high in the first place is beyond me but whatever your reasons may be you are clearly paying for it now lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, lemme get this straight...

Dude racks up a 4 mil bounty. Then proceeds to cry about it.

Morale of the story... don't be that dude. lol This has got to be a troll thread, honestly. Right? ....
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    Lol at the responses.

Submit a ticket and identity the quest and the npc.

Based on my experience of this game and these devs, I am pretty sure that they did not intend to stop quest progression via the justice system.

Well that is what has happened now I can't even get a comment on if it was intended or not or if they have even seen this is a issue ridiculous really
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 7:19PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can we get a comment about this soon?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can we get a comment about this soon?

1wouldn't think that it would be that difficult to let us know
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Just got another response on my ticket I sent in about this they told me it was being sent to a specialized team for review seems with enough bickering with them they finally realized it was a bug and are probably going to fix it I hope anyways
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 7:25PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We can confirm that you should be able to speak with any quest NPC regardless of your bounty (it wouldn't be very fair otherwise). We're working on fixing Roxanne so she'll speak with you even if you have a large bounty.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    We can confirm that you should be able to speak with any quest NPC regardless of your bounty (it wouldn't be very fair otherwise). We're working on fixing Roxanne so she'll speak with you even if you have a large bounty.

Thank you very much for the reply and setting things straight :)
    Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 7:45PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Don't tank

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *hands out hats for people to eat*
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

ayyyyyyy

b2161f945af6af0ad5645acb7b99c57038b2a82bee35204f7e7f297d007076b2.jpg
  • Vandark
    Vandark
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOPBP9vuZA

Another "Oh my bounty is that high" whine thread. I like.

So far, if any player ever gets his bounty reduced to zero by Zeni, i want the equal amount of CP you were able to farm with this.
    Edited by Vandark on November 23, 2015 7:55PM
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I kinda want bounties to stop game progression.
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for the reply and setting things straight :)
    Just out of curiosity... Are you like sneaking ALL the time?

How can you enjoy the game if you're always on your toes for guards?
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)