The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can not complete long live the king quest with 4 million bounty ps4

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is completely right. He should be able to progress, bounty or not. This is paid content. We're all not here for morals. He literally cannot finish content he paid for due to his playstyle. Gotta side with him on this one.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is completely right. He should be able to progress, bounty or not. This is paid content. We're all not here for morals. He literally cannot finish content he paid for due to his playstyle. Gotta side with him on this one.
    So you're saying if I paid for bolt cutters primarily to break into a premises, I'm entitled to break in because I paid for those bolt cutters and it's the way I like to live my life?

Just as idiotic, sorry.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    So you're saying if I paid for bolt cutters primarily to break into a premises, I'm entitled to break in because I paid for those bolt cutters and it's the way I like to live my life?

Just as idiotic, sorry.

It's a game.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game.

There's one thing we can agree on. There needs to be consequences to a game, or it just becomes "do whatever you want with no negative side effects". Doesn't sound like a lot of fun in all honesty.
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »
    I can see everyone can have there's laughs but i do not find it funny i purchased a dlc and can not play what i purchased

Build a new character. Don't get a bounty.

/thread
    Options
  • McSwaggins
    McSwaggins
    ✭✭✭

So what if your main play style is a healer. You won't be able to complete quests by just healing, you will need some dps to take down mobs. Does this mean that this player should have the option to skip the parts that require dps, god no! It means they should get some damage abilities and kill the mobs. Your logic does not work with this argument. He made a choice to kill all those innocents, so cannot complete the quest because of HIS CHOICE. Just like it would be if you chose to be a healer, doesn't mean that you should be able to play through the whole game just healing, and skip all the parts that require some dps. Just because you have a certain play style, doesn't mean everything in the game will be accessible, or be able to be completed with said play style.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a game.

There's one thing we can agree on. There needs to be consequences to a game, or it just becomes "do whatever you want with no negative side effects". Doesn't sound like a lot of fun in all honesty.

No, it's called he paid money for a DLC in a game, and since every single quest to this point has allowed someone with a high bounty to complete all quests, this one should as well. He has a high bounty, yes. He earned it by having fun in his own way in this GAME. Paid content should not be shut out to him. Sorry.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's called he paid money for a DLC in a game, and since every single quest to this point has allowed someone with a high bounty to complete all quests, this one should as well. He has a high bounty, yes. He earned it by having fun in his own way in this GAME. Paid content should not be shut out to him. Sorry.
    This isn't the first time a merchant will refuse service when you have a bounty. What made him think he could get away with it just because it's a DLC? Come on now.
    I have a soft spot for Giants - never killed them in any Elder scrolls game. So you're saying the fact I'm forced to kill one in a quest is a bug? That's ridiculous.
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying a DLC should never take away any basegamemechanics. Just saying!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Zilch
    Zilch
    ✭✭✭
    People and their savage analogies. Holy moly. 10/10.

OP, maybe you can buy the drink on another character and transfer it to your criminal through banking.
    It's time for an overhaul of the current loot system!
    Implement a Token-System, so people get rewarded for their time invested!
    RNG^RNG is both tedious and undesirable!
    Options
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that the NPC merchant Shishiv gets added to the Justice System as an NPC who helps bounty hunters or something. This thread must be commemorated. XD
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
      Options
    • usmcjdking
      usmcjdking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This thread is the pinnacle of online gaming jealousy.

OP, I commend your enthusiasm and tenacity in maintaining that otherworldly bounty.
      Options
    • usmcjdking
      usmcjdking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This entire thread is quality entertainment.

@Sandmanninja
      @Alucardo
      @SHADOW2KK
      @Casdha
      @Korah_Eaglecry
      @Dear
      @MrDerrikk
      @DannyLV702
      @Artjuh90
      @McSwaggins
      @lathbury

Thanks for the laughs guys!
      Options
    • McSwaggins
      McSwaggins
      ✭✭✭
      usmcjdking wrote: »

You're welcome
      Options
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      So i get to the part where you got to buy the kings favorite ale and it won't let me cause the bar keeper won't give it to me do to a bounty it's annoying I've sent in a ticket and all they told me to do was get rid of my bounty then try i Can't it's 4 million gold i've been able to complete every other quest in the game with a bounty but not this one see here's a video of me showing what i mean https://youtube.com/watch?v=lgmb2a8wyiw can this please be fixed

Let the guards kill you once and you'll have no more bounty.Just repair your gear and you'll be good to go! How did you manage to get that much bounty without getting killed by a guard so far? I mean guards are all over in any town.Were all your quests out of town or something?
      Options
    • DisgracefulMind
      DisgracefulMind
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This isn't the first time a merchant will refuse service when you have a bounty. What made him think he could get away with it just because it's a DLC? Come on now.
      I have a soft spot for Giants - never killed them in any Elder scrolls game. So you're saying the fact I'm forced to kill one in a quest is a bug? That's ridiculous.

No, every quest until this point has allowed "outlaws" to complete. The justice system has never prevented this, until now. So, please, read what people are saying and save your moral judgements for people who care.

This is an actual problem and needs to be fixed.
      PC/NA Server
      Fairweather Friends
      Options
    • Casdha
      Casdha
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @found1779 I bare no ill will toward your style of play,

My personal play style in Elder Scrolls games once all quests have been completed is to go into God mode. In Skyrim I loved gathering all the stuff to do the over powered potion to make an over powered enchanted alchemy ring glitch. I had a blast punching dragons in the nose and watching them go down with one hit, or speed jumping off of High Hrothgar. If I found a way to do that in this game not only would I not be able to complete quests, I'd be permanently banned in an instant.

I agree with you that this is a bug and you have brought it to their (ZOS) attention, I just don't think the bug fix is going to work out to your advantage. Consider yourself lucky that you made it this far in quests with a high bounty, I think the real bug is that you were able to make it this far without running into this sort of thing before.

Oh and @usmcjdking your welcome :)

Edit: Added skyrim since the glitch example was from that game. (note) for those that don't know, Over powered potion for crafting let you put permanent boosts to gear made, they didn't end when the glitch time run out on the potion. Enchanting a ring for alchemy while the glitch was active let you make more potions without doing the glitch again.
      Edited by Casdha on November 23, 2015 3:42PM
      Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      Figured by now someone from development would have commented on this issue and let us know if it wasn't intended to be this way surprised they haven't it's a bug that needs fixed
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      So i get to the part where you got to buy the kings favorite ale and it won't let me cause the bar keeper won't give it to me do to a bounty it's annoying I've sent in a ticket and all they told me to do was get rid of my bounty then try i Can't it's 4 million gold i've been able to complete every other quest in the game with a bounty but not this one see here's a video of me showing what i mean https://youtube.com/watch?v=lgmb2a8wyiw can this please be fixed

Let the guards kill you once and you'll have no more bounty.Just repair your gear and you'll be good to go! How did you manage to get that much bounty without getting killed by a guard so far? I mean guards are all over in any town.Were all your quests out of town or something?

You got to have the amount of gold on you that your bounty is for it to go away even if you are killed by a guard and trust me I've been killed by them a ton of times and my bounty still remains afterwards
      Options
    • Phinix1
      Phinix1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Digerati wrote: »
      Bro, if you wait long enough and not rack up more bounty, your bounty will fall off. Man I wish the guard system would come into the game so someone could collect that bounty on your head... scum.

Lol a 4 million bounty is going to take forever to go away i should be able to complete this quest with a bounty needs a fix lol

Guess you regret exploiting that 5-finger Dance CP grind bug now, eh? ;)
      Options
    • caperon
      caperon
      ✭✭✭✭
      Figured by now someone from development would have commented on this issue and let us know if it wasn't intended to be this way surprised they haven't it's a bug that needs fixed

Well, maybe its the other way around, maybe you've been exploiting a bug that let you speak with NPC that shouldn't speak with you. All were bugged letting you complete the quests except this last one in Orsinium when devs finally fixed it. Thanks for informing the devs, so we can get all the other NPC fixed :)

Joking aside, I really see no big deal. Reroll your character, stop playing, whatever. In other games you could ruin your characters in ways that would close content for you (archeage going pirate, eve online didn't let you unlearn skill points = time...). What did you expect amassing 4 million gold bounty?

I agree that the justice system as is right now is useless crap that could be directly removed from game.
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      Phinix1 wrote: »
      Digerati wrote: »
      Bro, if you wait long enough and not rack up more bounty, your bounty will fall off. Man I wish the guard system would come into the game so someone could collect that bounty on your head... scum.

Lol a 4 million bounty is going to take forever to go away i should be able to complete this quest with a bounty needs a fix lol

Guess you regret exploiting that 5-finger Dance CP grind bug now, eh? ;)

What your accusing me of exploiting to get this bounty when I know I didn't I got it just by killing normal npc's which you allowed to do if you choose to play as a outlaw I'm suppose to be able to do this quest even with a bounty which on long live the king quest I can't tho it's bugged
      Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 5:23PM
      Options
    • kupacmac
      kupacmac
      ✭✭✭
      My condolences to the OP. If it's any consolation though, you aren't missing out on anything special. Killing NPC's is way more fun than that quest.
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      kupacmac wrote: »
      My condolences to the OP. If it's any consolation though, you aren't missing out on anything special. Killing NPC's is way more fun than that quest.

I honestly don't know if you are being serious or not but either way I should be able to enjoy the game the way I want and at this point I basically can't this is giving me a not so go opinion about eso I play on console I have dealt with console not having text chat and the group finder being crap but this has crossed the line now I can't even complete a quest in a dlc I just bought I'm about to break the game I'm so annoyed by it
      Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 5:33PM
      Options
    • kupacmac
      kupacmac
      ✭✭✭

I honestly don't know if you are being serious or not but either way I should be able to enjoy the game the way I want and at this point I basically can't this is giving me a not so go opinion about eso I play on console I have dealt with console not having text chat and the group finder being crap but this has crossed the line now I can't even complete a quest in a dlc I just bought I'm about to break the game I'm so annoyed by it

Actually I was dead serious. But I agree, you should be able to complete the content.
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭

Actually I was dead serious. But I agree, you should be able to complete the content.

In that case thanks for the support sucks I been playing a certain way for awhile now and haven't had no problems completing any quest and all tho to other's it might seem like a different play style I enjoy it and shouldn't be punished for just playing the way I want to by not being able to Finnish a quest which I should be able to even with a bounty
      Options
    • Lynnessa
      Lynnessa
      ✭✭✭✭
      You should be able to complete the solo content despite breaking the game world's laws and getting caught?

The first time I played Oblivion, I was over 50 hours in when my character tried skooma. Not long after, that character got stuck in a cave because I ran out of skooma and the withdrawal symptoms were so bad the character couldn't stand up. I couldn't complete the game on that character. Was that a bug?

In Skyrim, the first time I played, I treated it like GTA in a fantasy world. Went to the first town, robbed, stabbed and looted... before long, I couldn't do any of the first story quests because my character would be killed on sight by any citizen in the first town. I couldn't complete the game on that character. Was that a bug?

OP's dilemma is appropriate for Elder Scrolls, in my opinion. Additionally, OP *can* in fact complete the content if OP waits for the bounty to decay down to nothing. It's not that OP can't do it, it's just that OP doesn't like the options. It's really no different than a player saying, "I wish researching the ninth trait didn't take weeks and weeks, I should be able to craft that nine-trait set RIGHT NOW!!!"
      Edited by Lynnessa on November 23, 2015 5:51PM
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      Lynnessa wrote: »
      You should be able to complete the solo content despite breaking the game world's laws and getting caught?

The first time I played Oblivion, I was over 50 hours in when my character tried skooma. Not long after, that character got stuck in a cave because I ran out of skooma and the withdrawal symptoms were so bad the character couldn't stand up. I couldn't complete the game on that character. Was that a bug?

In Skyrim, the first time I played, I treated it like GTA in a fantasy world. Went to the first town, robbed, stabbed and looted... before long, I couldn't do any of the first story quests because my character would be killed on sight by any citizen in the first town. I couldn't complete the game on that character. Was that a bug?

OP's dilemma is appropriate for Elder Scrolls, in my opinion. Additionally, OP *can* in fact complete the content if OP waits for the bounty to decay down to nothing. It's not that OP can't do it, it's just that OP doesn't like the options. It's really no different than a player saying, "I wish researching the ninth trait didn't take weeks and weeks, I should be able to craft that nine-trait set RIGHT NOW!!!"

There is no option they are basically telling me to stop playing the way I want to play in order to be able to complete a quest were they made a mistake on it
      Options
    • found1779
      found1779
      ✭✭✭
      Can someone from development comment here let me know if this is intended or a bug that will be fixed or are you going to ignore it like you do when someone ask for text chat on console
      Edited by found1779 on November 23, 2015 6:01PM
      Options
    • Artjuh90
      Artjuh90
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can someone from development comment here let me know if this is intended or a bug that will be fixed or are you going to ignore it like you do when someone ask for text chat on console

it's not a bug it's the justice part of the justice system
      Options