Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, when you said Uppercut damage is buffed by 2%, was that a typo and did you actually mean 20%? That would make a lot more sense I think.
    Edited by Zsymon on October 15, 2014 1:43PM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Right now I usually just do lethal arrow followed by a charged heavy attack then venom arrow light attack combo. After the patch I can fire a lethal arrow followed by a second one before the first hits. It's to much damage.

Lol, if even the archers themselves think they're doing too much damage now, then I really think this should be addressed. Ranged builds should never be 3x more powerful than melee builds.

You might want to look at his second post there:
    So i was testing some more today...and figured out why they reduced the cast time on Snipe like they did.

It was to get rid of Super Burst attacks.

Basically on live right now if you're far enough away..I can do Lethal Arrow/Charge heavy and release followed by Venom Arrow+Light attack. If you're really unlucky and a vampire you'll hit 3-4 Camo hits at once as well..This can instant kill even Emperors.

On PTS, since the Cast time of Snipe is so low now..the arrow travel time has also decreased (its part of the animation) Meaning I can now do Lethal Arrow/Lethal Arrow quicker...but I can't do Lethal Arrow/Charge heavy/venom/light attack....I'd only be able to do Lethal/Venom/light now... Lethal arrow/Lethal Arrow also won't get the 2-3 hit bonus that the old setup got against Vampires Either.

So it does cut down on some of the burst you can do with Bow.

Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWs attack with light attack spam. This is causing the bleed effect to be refreshed so quickly it is not even damaging mobs. Needs fixed.

Maybe the bleed effect needs to be on a heavy attack?
    Edited by c0rp on October 15, 2014 1:47PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU ZENIMAX. This was driving my OCD nuts!:

'The icon for Enriched Honey Brittle is no longer a steak.'

@SlayerSyrena‌ , and Fishy Sticks are no longer a pie.

Is Grilled Horker still made with Crawfish though?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf berserker should keep the attack speed buff to light attacks. Put the bleed on heavy attacks = Fixed.
  • jgc471980
    jgc471980
    ✭✭
    @Gina

Regarding Werewolves

I thought the Cost to transform was also getting reduced but i see nothing of this mentioned ?

What's the point in adding these abilities if Devour cannot be used correctly and it still only lasts 50-60 seconds?

Common please do fix duration of werewolf form before putting 1.5 patch out

paid for 4 months sub and yet to play more than 90 hours sheesh.
    Edited by jgc471980 on October 15, 2014 2:29PM
  • doenny
    doenny
    Soul Shriven
    NOOOOO! Please keep attack speed increase on light attacks for werewolf Berserker! Without attack speed you cannot call him a berserker!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • When grouped, players with a Veteran Rank more than five ranks lower than other group members must now contribute sufficient damage to enemies to receive XP or loot from them.
        This requirement was already in place for groups from levels 1-49.

Nice to see the tag-along "Level me" BS that takes place now will get dealt with.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    How will this affect Healers in similar scenario, though? (As they will obviously not be contributing as much to the damage, but are very much required.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgc471980 wrote: »
    I thought the Cost to transform was also getting reduced but i see nothing of this mentioned ?
    That's already in place. Can't find where it's mentioned in the patch notes, but I definitely remember seeing it.
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • When grouped, players with a Veteran Rank more than five ranks lower than other group members must now contribute sufficient damage to enemies to receive XP or loot from them.
        This requirement was already in place for groups from levels 1-49.

Nice to see the tag-along "Level me" BS that takes place now will get dealt with.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    How will this affect Healers in similar scenario, though? (As they will obviously not be contributing as much to the damage, but are very much required.)
    Good question.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How hard is it to put those buffs for Templars that everyone wants in that list???

This. Seriously why the hell aren't Templars allowed to DPS in PvE settings without using a freaking staff the same as everybody else?

And god damn it why the hell haven't you nerfed DK's yet, those guys are insane.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, when you said Uppercut damage is buffed by 2%, was that a typo and did you actually mean 20%? That would make a lot more sense I think.

And this too. What the hell do you think 2% is going to do? That is a drop in a bucket floating in a god damn ocean.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we get a free respec with so many nerfs and new skills coming along?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a million times yes.

Like, seriously... 2%?

TWO. PERCENT.

LOL

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Please respond. Please.
    Edited by Davadin on October 15, 2014 3:59PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    already /bug, but when you leave a crafting station in a sprint your toon is in like a weird sort of bow-legged run (best i can describe)
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How hard is it to put those buffs for Templars that everyone wants in that list???

This. Seriously why the hell aren't Templars allowed to DPS in PvE settings without using a freaking staff the same as everybody else?

And god damn it why the hell haven't you nerfed DK's yet, those guys are insane.

Templar stamina builds parse pretty high comparatively. I've seen 2h Templar builds parsing 1100+.

Pretty sure Templars were doing this before NBs started showing up w/ 1k+ parses as stam builds too.

If you're complaining about the disparity between magicka and stamina builds, that's not really a Templar-only issue.

If you were complaining that Templar magicka builds can't keep up w/ magicka builds from other classes, I'd say that was a valid complaint.
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    So what I'm seeing so far in term of werewolves is that the cost for the ultimate skill may not have been reudced as @Castle stated it would in his post (found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129277/upcoming-werewolf-changes/p1 ), but there seems to be some debate over that. What is clearer is that the new abilities, just like the old abilities for the werewolf, need to be tightened up, they are simply not as responsive as they should be and that's something that's going to hold werewolves back in PvP.

Additionally the passive boost to stamina that the werewolves get in both forms may not be functioning properly. I hope you guys at ZOS are looking into this issue as it is an important boost for werewolves, especially in a competitive environment.

We're still waiting to hear back from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ about a few of the missing features promised to werewolves in @Castle's Werewolf update post, but I have faith that this issue will receive some kind of answer fairly soon, if ZOS' good track record with community correspondence is anything to go by.

The last concern I have is over whether or not the new werewolf skills have morphs. I haven't been able to get on to the PTS yet and I am wondering if anybody on the PTS can confirm whether or not the new werewolf abilities are morphable?

EDIT: There also seems to be some concern with the all fours run animation not functioning properly and the new skin for the pack leader werewolf. While it's not important to the PvP success of werewolves, getting the animation fixed would be appreciated, and the original skin for pack leader looks great as it is, so please do not modify it to make it look more mangy; The Pack Leader should be the healthiest looking in the group after all shouldn't he?
    Edited by Shayu on October 15, 2014 5:21PM
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »
    So what I'm seeing so far in term of werewolves is that the cost for the ultimate skill may not have been reudced as @Castle stated it would in his post (found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129277/upcoming-werewolf-changes/p1 ), but there seems to be some debate over that. What is clearer is that the new abilities, just like the old abilities for the werewolf, need to be tightened up, they are simply not as responsive as they should be and that's something that's going to hold werewolves back in PvP.

Additionally the passive boost to stamina that the werewolves get in both forms may not be functioning properly. I hope you guys at ZOS are looking into this issue as it is an important boost for werewolves, especially in a competitive environment.

We're still waiting to hear back from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ about a few of the missing features promised to werewolves in @Castle's Werewolf update post, but I have faith that this issue will receive some kind of answer fairly soon, if ZOS' good track record with community correspondence is anything to go by.

The last concern I have is over whether or not the new werewolf skills have morphs. I haven't been able to get on to the PTS yet and I am wondering if anybody on the PTS can confirm whether or not the new werewolf abilities are morphable?

EDIT: There also seems to be some concern with the all fours run animation not functioning properly and the new skin for the pack leader werewolf. While it's not important to the PvP success of werewolves, getting the animation fixed would be appreciated, and the original skin for pack leader looks great as it is, so please do not modify it to make it look more mangy; The Pack Leader should be the healthiest looking in the group after all shouldn't he?

The ultimate cost reduction happened before 1.5. Meaning, the change is already live.

It started at around 900, got dropped once to around 700, then the promised change that you speak of happened around the time of patch 1.4 dropping us down to 400.

With a salvation set that is 267 ult cost. If that's not low enough, I don't know what to say. It's low enough for my purposes.

As to your question about morphs, it would be a sad day in Tamriel if any active abilities didn't offer morphs. Unless you meant in case they just hadn't been developed yet.

In any case, I've personally already rounded some of that basic information for all that are interested and made a thread about it.

Link to that thread for your ease of access: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135959/new-werewolf-ability-morph-info#latest
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! We're editing the original post to include some missing patch notes from this build (including a couple werewolf notes you all were waiting for). They include the following:

Dungeon Scaling
    • The following group content will now scale:
      • Group Dungeons
      • Veteran Dungeons
    • The following group content does not scale:
      • Delves
      • Craglorn Delves
      • Overland Content
      • Public Dungeons
      • Trials

Solo Scaling
    • The following solo content will now scale:
      • Main Quest
      • Fighters Guild
      • Mages Guild
      • Stirk
      • Werewolf Quest
      • Vampire Quest
      • Thizzrini Arena
      • Orrery of Elden Root
      • Cathedral of the Golden Path in Southpoint

Combat & Gameplay
    World
    • Werewolf
      • Negative effects, such as Disorient, will no longer affect you while transforming, and you will no longer lose your built-up Ultimate as a result.
      • Devour: This ability will no longer be interrupted by taking damage.

Monsters
    • The following monsters are now immune to crowd control effects:
      • Daedroths
      • Liches
      • Trolls
      • Watchers
      • Wispmothers

Dungeons & Group Content
    Veteran Dungeons
    • Veteran Elden Hollow
      • You can no longer dodge Bogdan’s Daedric Flame. Don’t stand in the fire!

Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • Newly created characters will now start off wearing low-level armor instead of the Soul Shriven rags.
      • Dragonknights and Templars will start with Heavy Armor.
      • Nightblades will start with Medium Armor.
      • Sorcerers will start with Light Armor.
      • All armor can be previewed first when creating your character under the Novice Gear option.
      • You will have the option to acquire additional pieces of this armor in light, medium, or heavy before leaving the Wailing Prison.
      • If you have an existing character, you will still keep your original Soul Shriven rags and they will not be removed from your inventory.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solo Scaling
    • The following solo content will now scale:
      • Main Quest
      • Fighters Guild
      • Mages Guild
      • Stirk
      • Werewolf Quest
      • Vampire Quest
      • Thizzrini Arena
      • Orrery of Elden Root
      • Cathedral of the Golden Path in Southpoint

I see ZOS has stepped up its efforts to purge casual and average users from the game.

This begs the question as to why an option to turn off scaling wasn't included. Is ZOS working hard to eliminate player choice and freedom as well?
    Edited by LonePirate on October 15, 2014 9:52PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • Newly created characters will now start off wearing low-level armor instead of the Soul Shriven rags.
      • Dragonknights and Templars will start with Heavy Armor.
      • Nightblades will start with Medium Armor.
      • Sorcerers will start with Light Armor.
      • All armor can be previewed first when creating your character under the Novice Gear option.
      • You will have the option to acquire additional pieces of this armor in light, medium, or heavy before leaving the Wailing Prison.
      • If you have an existing character, you will still keep your original Soul Shriven rags and they will not be removed from your inventory.

Why? Is it so hard to scare up some armor that we now have to outfit everyone with worthless armor?

I suggest that soul shriven robes be given to anyone going through the Wailing Prison and have more armor available in chests along the way. Let the people pick what sort of armor they from a random selection, just as one would expect when escaping from a prison. Lay it out on the table if you want, right next to the free weapons.

Edited by Elsonso on October 15, 2014 6:40PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Like, seriously... 2%?

TWO. PERCENT.

LOL

I guess upfront 20 % attack power of momentum and 10% after using a heavy attack from our new passive plus they added a 2% to the base damage of uppercut. I think there is enough damage here anyway. I mean your going to use a heavy attack to gain stamina so you use the uppercut which would be stronger thanks to 10% damage from follow up passive
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monsters
    [*] The following monsters are now immune to crowd control effects:
    • Daedroths
    • Liches
    • Trolls
    • Watchers
    • Wispmothers

Are these still affected by knockback?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Negative, the 2% increase is correct. What @Darkonflare15‌ said above is correct - the increase affects the base damage of Uppercut.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..............That's such crap it's not even funny. Not everybody wants to use Rally, or string in a constant stream of heavy attacks (although I do anyway), let alone other things such as Animation Cancelling (which you have yet to address, ever) and-

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You guys know damn well there is a large number of things wrong with this game and yet you're still taking these itty witty baby steps in fixing them if you even decide to fix it.

I can live with the BS you're pulling with Uppercut, but I will be damned if you're going to sit there and tell me that Templars are fine for caster DPS and Stamina as a whole is ok.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is to say though that I do still think this game is fun and you guys are still better than 90% of the other companies and developers out there. Keep up the good work.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Like, seriously... 2%?

TWO. PERCENT.

LOL

I guess upfront 20 % attack power of momentum and 10% after using a heavy attack from our new passive plus they added a 2% to the base damage of uppercut. I think there is enough damage here anyway. I mean your going to use a heavy attack to gain stamina so you use the uppercut which would be stronger thanks to 10% damage from follow up passive

Most people (that I know) who uses Uppercut uses it from Stealth. You can crit someone upwards of 2K with this thing.

Out of stealth? You're lucky if you do above 400... Which is really REALLY poor when you consider it takes 1 sec to wound up. Oh, ok, 15% less now. Great.

I can see how Momentum helps with 20% extra, but 10% post-Heavy doesn't help me. Or many others who actually slot this skill.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..............That's such crap it's not even funny. Not everybody wants to use Rally, or string in a constant stream of heavy attacks (although I do anyway), let alone other things such as Animation Cancelling (which you have yet to address, ever) and-

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You guys know damn well there is a large number of things wrong with this game and yet you're still taking these itty witty baby steps in fixing them if you even decide to fix it.

I can live with the BS you're pulling with Uppercut, but I will be damned if you're going to sit there and tell me that Templars are fine for caster DPS and Stamina as a whole is ok.
    That is to say though that I do still think this game is fun and you guys are still better than 90% of the other companies and developers out there. Keep up the good work.

il_570xN.568020290_fx4x.jpg
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slot it and it does a lot more than 400-sh o_O I'm looking at or around Six to Seven Hundred, 1k if it crits. What bothers me is the cast time and that's it, that's literally it. The cast time and how this game despises melee in most if not all encounters is what makes Uppercut not the Bee's Knees.

What got me hot and bothered was how much more damage Flurry does when compared to Uppercut without anything adding into it, but of course thinking about it (which is easier now that I've not angry in any way) Rally/Momentum is what makes 2H viable. It's kind of crappy that you have to take up another skill slot to make an entire skill line viable, but in a sense it makes up for it in how it heals you or removes snares. I've seen far worse before, and this isn't too bad.

Still though, would be a great idea to up the damage by more than 2%.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative, the 2% increase is correct. What @Darkonflare15‌ said above is correct - the increase affects the base damage of Uppercut.

2%?

Why?

Dear Akavari, WHY?

The base damage of something who only got a little faster to cast, that doesn't even produce that much damage... is increased by 2%?

Who the hell come up with that? Why even bother with 2%? Why not... 5%? Or NOTHING at all? Was that 2% added just to... appease players who've been asking for a change?

REALLY, ZOS?

/sigh

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ hey PvP guy, can you give some input on this? Or the combat Dev perhaps? What use of this in fast-paced end-game content such as Vet Dungeons or AvA?
    I slot it and it does a lot more than 400-sh o_O I'm looking at or around Six to Seven Hundred, 1k if it crits. What bothers me is the cast time and that's it, that's literally it. The cast time and how this game despises melee in most if not all encounters is what makes Uppercut not the Bee's Knees.

What got me hot and bothered was how much more damage Flurry does when compared to Uppercut without anything adding into it, but of course thinking about it (which is easier now that I've not angry in any way) Rally/Momentum is what makes 2H viable. It's kind of crappy that you have to take up another skill slot to make an entire skill line viable, but in a sense it makes up for it in how it heals you or removes snares. I've seen far worse before, and this isn't too bad.

Still though, would be a great idea to up the damage by more than 2%.

^
    This.

Make it 5% or get that *** out of here. That's insulting if nothing else.
    Edited by Davadin on October 15, 2014 7:20PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

il_570xN.568020290_fx4x.jpg

No, not Bi-Polar. I think XD

No seriously I get angry easily but that's just a temper issue, not legit Bi-Polar. I've seen the face of Bi-Polar, it is scary.

In all seriousness the Devs do try and they do listen and if I could compare them to other games and show people just how much better these Devs are, I'd *** myself with joy.

To that end, I was going to edit my last post but instead I'll do that here:

My numbers for Uppercut are all rounded up and depending on the enemy do vary, but 600 seems to be lowest it'll go and 1k is easily the highest.