The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

How Long Does it Take You to Get a Champion Point?

Glory
Glory
Class Representative
I'm curious what others have found! From what I recall the developers have said that the Champion Point system should take about 1 hour per champion point.

From my perspective (playing mainly PvP, some dungeons, etc.), I have been playing for hours on the PTS and have only received a tiny amount of experience. I have gotten nowhere near close enough XP to get a single champion point.

What are others seeing?
mDK will rise again.
Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they said 200k per point at the momment i managed to get that much on live just doing the last run around in coldharbor and molag bal so took me like 40 mins as on my vr1 templar
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they said 200k per point at the momment i managed to get that much on live just doing the last run around in coldharbor and molag bal so took me like 40 mins as on my vr1 templar

It's 400k xp for a point on PTS.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious what others have found! From what I recall the developers have said that the Champion Point system should take about 1 hour per champion point.

1 hour when Enlightened. 4 hours under normal circumstances.

It requires 400K XP to get a Champion Point on PTS. I have not tested and don't know if it is reasonable to expect people to get 400K XP in 4 hours.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    400k is about what you'll get per hour grinding spellscar
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

Grinding spellscar on PTS is nowhere as "easy" as it is on live

• Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellscar was nerfed on PTS
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal play is not even close to getting 1 CP in an hour with full enlightenment.

By normal I mean - I spun up a v14 template, more or less replicated my skills and went into Eastmarch and ran around killing stuff, doing a few delves and so on for about 90 minutes. What I would consider to be normal play - i.e. no grinding.

I made it less than 10% through the bar before rolling my eyes and realising it was my fault for assuming they knew what they were talking about :)

Focused questing might be faster or maybe a grind spot... PvP players are shafted as always... crafters need not apply.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

1 hour when Enlightened. 4 hours under normal circumstances.

It requires 400K XP to get a Champion Point on PTS. I have not tested and don't know if it is reasonable to expect people to get 400K XP in 4 hours.

Okay, well I have been Enlightened during the testing, and have gotten 50k/400k experience.

At the current rate it seems like it will take days, not hours to get a champion point.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been pretty slow in Cyrodiil... Combat was slow last night but pretty good today. I've made about 230k.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it was smart of me to grind to vr14 and save the almanac quests for the champion system.

Really though, it seems like they are aiming to replace a bad grind (vet ranks) with an even worse grind (champion points)
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too long.

They want to put you on the threadmill keeping you busy hunting for them all the time. But with no new content/areas/quests to realize the goal with, it feels so aimless anyway.
    Edited by F7sus4 on January 29, 2015 1:14AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    about 8-10ish hours. and not consecutive, 5 hours one day, 5 hours the next
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Too long.

This.

2 hours questing in Cadwells gold, 4 hours DPS testing on mammoths, 1 Hell Ra clear and an hour of just randomly killing v7 mobs.
    I'm at 72, 548/400,000 for my first champ point. This will literally take the rest of my natural born life at 4990XP for a single quest and 128xp for a mob kill.

/feedback in game to speak my peace though i don't know how much good it will do.

IMO, numbers are VASTLY overtuned if for my 9 hours of playtime i get less than 25% of ONE CHAMP LEVEL.
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today when I played my VR7 Sorc and when I saw the "Enlightenment" message I took him to the Rift to grind worm cultists and zombies. I needed only 100K XP to reach VR8 and I had earned less than 50,000 out of 400K XP needed for a champ point when I began.

I didn't time exactly how long it took, but it felt like it was around an hour to earn my next VR level (100k of Solo leveling), yeah I'm not a super fast player, so I play in a way where I'm enjoying myself rather than being into ultra max efficiency because why play a game unless it's fun right?

In what felt like a short time, probably at least an hour but less than 90 minutes, I gained my 100K XP to get my veteran rank up and I earned a full champion point.

I was glad to see that when you gain a vet level and earn a champion point while under Enlightenment, the level veteran level up and the champion point gain doesn't kick you out of Enlightenment status. I wish there was a way to view how much Enlightenment time is left.

Also, I had to take a break and had to log off and when I returned my character was still under Enlightenment.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    Lykurgis wrote: »
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Too long.

This.

2 hours questing in Cadwells gold, 4 hours DPS testing on mammoths, 1 Hell Ra clear and an hour of just randomly killing v7 mobs.
    I'm at 72, 548/400,000 for my first champ point. This will literally take the rest of my natural born life at 4990XP for a single quest and 128xp for a mob kill.

/feedback in game to speak my peace though i don't know how much good it will do.

IMO, numbers are VASTLY overtuned if for my 9 hours of playtime i get less than 25% of ONE CHAMP LEVEL.

In other words, make sure you get your main to VR14 on live for the 70 points, and understand it's the last time you're spending a point for a week to a month depending on what kind of player you are lol.

LOL

haha

I guess this where those future XP potions in the store will come into play (if such a thing be added to the store, and my opinion would be count on it).
    Edited by Ethona on January 29, 2015 4:24AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing Welwas with VR14 template in lower Craglorn give 140XP. In live server same mobs give 420. Monster grind is now Elder Torture - three times slower. I tried to grind Sap Essence but after few hours got only half way first rank and gave up. Went to Rivenspire to quest there and to test provisioning because it's been good place to farm mats and recipes. Did main quest line through North Point. I am at 160K/400K of a champion point.

The rest of the day i went leveling up an alt on live server and did a trial on main. Slowly it started to creep into my mind that one champion point is not maybe one VR level but mebbe half. So this 14 VR levels are turning to 1000 VR levels.

Is this change that XP comes three times slower compared to live intentional? I might have woken too early and my brain signals out-of-coffee error, but with i get a feeling the champion system with this pace won't be finished within twenty years.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I tried to grind Sap Essence but after few hours got only half way first rank and gave up.

Better off leveling skills and morphs on live now, going to be even slower going with 1.6
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

I suspect that's the problem. I think the champion system was calibrated for players that were grinding the high value areas. For someone like me... I'm probably looking at closer to 8 to 10 hours to get a point. And, I've been putting in A LOT of time lately.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I got point in about 2 or 1,5 hours. Started in PTS around 5pm creating the char and then figuring out some skills for it and gear from the boxes. Then distributed CPs. Went to pick up mundus and after that killing some mobs to raise the skills to morph them. Somewhere around 7pm I gained CP.

This is of course assuming that with the template you start with 0 towards next CP, which of course I did not check right at the start.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Think I got point in about 2 or 1,5 hours. Started in PTS around 5pm creating the char and then figuring out some skills for it and gear from the boxes. Then distributed CPs. Went to pick up mundus and after that killing some mobs to raise the skills to morph them. Somewhere around 7pm I gained CP.

This is of course assuming that with the template you start with 0 towards next CP, which of course I did not check right at the start.

That would suggest you were pulling in 200k an hour by accident...
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lykurgis wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    I tried to grind Sap Essence but after few hours got only half way first rank and gave up.

Better off leveling skills and morphs on live now, going to be even slower going with 1.6

You are right, but it shouldn't be so.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone also needs to pay attention to whether they were getting the boost from Enlightenment or not. This can really change how long it takes.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup...400k xp per CP is way too high. Currently on Live, it's 1,000,000 per Veteran rank and that felt extremely slow and unrewarding. I thought the addition of champion points was supposed to make you feel MORE progression, not less. This is horrible. ZoS what are you thinking? At the current rate 1 veteran rank = 2.5 champion points. And by the way, spending Champion points feels completely unsatisfying. The only thing they got right with the Champion System is the UI - that is fantastic.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not by accident... It's not that hard to do 200k or more if grinding mobs for skills. However normal play questing and such it's not possible to go to those numbers and if the idea is to gain 1 CP in hour with normal play then yes it's bit too high 400k for CP. I was just wondering how on earth people manage to gain so minimum amounts of exp that it would take them days to get one CP.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Bullgar
    Bullgar
    ✭✭
    I pvp'd on PTS tonight for about 5 hours and got 1 champ point, and total of 500k xp. I'm 100k into next champ point.
    Bullgar, Orc Templar - DC
    Boglar, Imperial Templar - DC
    Paja Blackmane, Khajit NB - DC
    Bullgara, High Elf DK - DC
    Bull-gar, High Elf Warden - DC
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion it should be somewhere between 100k -150k xp per CP.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not by accident... It's not that hard to do 200k or more if grinding mobs for skills. However normal play questing and such it's not possible to go to those numbers and if the idea is to gain 1 CP in hour with normal play then yes it's bit too high 400k for CP. I was just wondering how on earth people manage to gain so minimum amounts of exp that it would take them days to get one CP.

Running around Malabal Tor checking stuff off for Gold isn't doing me any favors on live.

Then again on PTS, I've been too obsessed with nicking everything that wasn't nailed down to actually try to level.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi guys! For those who feel like the time it takes to gain a Champion Point is too slow, can you let us know exactly where you were playing (which dungeon, questing area, etc)? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys! For those who feel like the time it takes to gain a Champion Point is too slow, can you let us know exactly where you were playing (which dungeon, questing area, etc)? Thanks!

Hey Gina.

Ive tested in a few different ways. I spent more than a couple of hours questing in Bangkori. (the last zone I have not completed in cadwells gold) As you know this is a VR10 Zone. I spent more than a couple of hours here and was getting a tiny 4k XP per quest. You figure each zone has a max of what 50-60 quests? so that's about 200k XP for doing A WHOLE VR ZONE worth of quests.. granted the mobs killed factor in a little, but even that doesn't help much at all.

Ive also tested this in VR dungeons. I did 2 the first night of testing. VR wayrest and VR elden hollow. I did not track xp gained in each but it was minimal at best.

Lastly, I spent about 1 hour running around spellscar trying (key word being TRYING) to grind the mobs here. First of all the stamina drained by blocking makes this extremely difficult.. Secondly, the XP gained was terrible. All 3 things I tried over the course of about 5 hours total, netted me 200k XP. 5 hours of hardcore gameplay.

Im at a loss for what to do really since I don't have any other zones in which I can still quest aside from the few repeatables in craglorn which cannot be solo'd.

Any inputs and thoughts Gina, would be MUCH appreciated.
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please buff cyrodil champion gain. Currently i made my first champ point in 45 mins spent in crag, and the second took about 5 hours of pvping.
    Edited by Valnas on January 29, 2015 3:25PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk