The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
...is insulting!

Once the game goes F2P, subscribers will receive 1500 Crowns a month.

We should receive the same 1500 crowns for each month we've subscribed. To give us less than that suggests that the time we've spent in ESO is worth LESS than future subscriptions.

Kind of reminds me of the whole 30 CP option they were going to give. They changed the CP distribution.... They need to change this.

EDIT: The consensus seems to be that 500 or so would be reasonable.
EDIT 02/27/2014: This post now has over 150 "Agrees"! It's good to know so many others feel the same way about the 100 crowns!
EDIT 03/01/2014: This post now has over 200 "Agrees"! I'm amazed at how quickly we got to 200!!!
EDIT 03/02/2014: In just over 2 days we've gotten over 100 more agrees! Over 250 now!
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a good point...
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, an entire year's worth of subscription should not be granted less crowns than a single month after unlimited.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Akiho
    Akiho
    ✭✭
    Agreed and I only bought the game last Thursday!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm at what, 7 or 8 months in? So by the time this goes live I'll have earned barely over half a month's free crowns.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree. 1500 probably is too much but at least 500 per month sounds good.
    Because I can!
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really curious on how they settled on the 100 crown number. I understand the cp complaints/still complaining with regards non-repeatable content and keeping the game play balanced. The 100 crowns for vanity items, potions I will not use, etc. seems utterly arbitrary.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that 100 per month for our previous subscription seems kind of cheap when measured at what a subscription gets in the new system. I realize you don't want to completely devalue your cash shop from the get go, but if you really appreciated our money supporting your endeavors all this time, you should probably be awarded us more like 500 per month for our previous months. Yes it's 5 times what you are currently looking to spend, but its only a third of what the new model is looking to issue.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They settled on that number because it's less than they would give for 1 month of subscription. They want to prevent people from having a stockpile of crowns, cancelling their subs, and buying DLC with accumulated earnings.

It's a big screw you to the player base.
  • Vikestart
    Vikestart
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why the number is lower so that players don't stack up on points way too fast.

But yeah, 100 is a bit of a slap in the face, indeed.

We should get at least 300 crowns per month subscribed before the transition.
    Edited by Vikestart on January 21, 2015 9:46PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The diiference is that cps do not have cash value. I agree that we should get more, but getting them to change their minds will be harder.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

•  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

Veteran rewards have been a staple of games in many MMOs. You can certainly look at Champions Online as an example of a game that started as subscription and went F2P and many of the veteran reward sets (like costumes) went to their cash shop. So yeah, they certainly should be rewarding the players that stuck with them through the months, it's pretty much standard procedure these days.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't really tell you what other models have done since I bounced out of Star Wars Galaxies at the NGE (one of the saddest days in gaming for me) and SWTOR when it went to the freemium model. Shockingly enough some people enjoy paying subscriptions.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ill wait.

Veteran rewards have been a staple of games in many MMOs. You can certainly look at Champions Online as an example of a game that started as subscription and went F2P and many of the veteran reward sets (like costumes) went to their cash shop. So yeah, they certainly should be rewarding the players that stuck with them through the months, it's pretty much standard procedure these days.

Veteran Rewards are equal to actual money being returned to you in the form of Crown Points?

Yeah Okay buddy.

Im still waiting.

PS. As a subscriber thats been with the game prior to B2P. You are getting perks in the form of mounts and pets as you continue your subscription. So that right there is your Veteran Rewards.

Im still waiting for the example of a company paying you back in any amount for your time in game that can be used in their Store.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on January 21, 2015 9:53PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, a game card at $30/ea is worth 3000 Crowns on day one if you use it now. I just got a couple for a birthday that I was going to use as time ran out.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭

Ill wait.

Veteran Rewards are equal to actual money being returned to you in the form of Crown Points?

Yeah Okay buddy.

Im still waiting.

PS. As a subscriber thats been with the game prior to B2P. You are getting perks in the form of mounts and pets as you continue your subscription. So that right there is your Veteran Rewards.

Im still waiting for the example of a company paying you back in any amount for your time in game that can be used in their Store.

Subscribers get free mounts? Where? I am pretty certain only Imperial Edition people get free mounts, and they paid for that privilege. Are you meaning to say that with the new model you won't be able to purchase mounts in the game for gold anymore?

Pets...ah yes definitely so valuable to the game. I trash all the vanity pets personally, they are useless and take up inventory space. I suppose you could certainly advertise that as a "reward".

I gave you a prime example of a game that started as subscription and went to F2P that also awarded it's Veterans with rewards that are sold directly in their cash shop. The correlation is right there. So wait all you like, but it was already given.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, 100 per month is a crappy reward for paying to beta test for them.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I agree, an entire year's worth of subscription should not be granted less crowns than a single month after unlimited.

This so much.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is now QQ'ing about crowns, without even knowing what exactly your going to be able to buy with them nor how much things will cost.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I get crowns?

There are several ways to get crowns:

1) As a new player: New players will be given a one-time gift of 500 crowns for buying the game and creating a game account.

2) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.

3) As a returning player: If you've previously played The Elder Scrolls Online, but are no longer a subscriber, you'll receive 500 crowns when you log in for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you were a subscriber.

4) Purchase Crown Packs: PC/Mac players will be able to purchase crown packs from The Elder Scrolls Online store. Console players will be able to purchase crowns via the Xbox Live or PSN stores.
  • Vikestart
    Vikestart
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is now QQ'ing about crowns, without even knowing what exactly your going to be able to buy with them nor how much things will cost.

A DLC is very likely going to cost around 1500 Crowns, or at least very close.

100 Crowns is only 6,66% of 1500 Crowns......
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the principal
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭

It's less about crowns and more about that they feel like their previous loyalty for subscribing has been marginalized. The game has no real veteran reward system outside of a few crappy vanity pets, which I think most people don't really care about. Zenimax has put in a currency system and set the numbers as to what it feels it should reward its previous customers for. That reward comes as less than what a subscriber would get for one month in the new system. That's what is chafing people.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    such entitlement
    much greed
    many tears

:s
  • kumatab14_ESO
    kumatab14_ESO
    ✭✭
    As long as the prices are low, I'm fine with it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    They want to prevent people from having a stockpile of crowns, cancelling their subs, and buying DLC with accumulated earnings.
    You're right: this will be exactly how they decided on how much to give existing subscribers.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought DLC's were going to be free to subscribers?
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are currently paying for access to game. When the new system come out you will no longer need to pay for that.

So yeah it makes sense that you will get 1,500 crowns then, and you should be happy they give you anything at all for previous time subbed.
    - Mojican
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Agree. 1500 probably is too much but at least 500 per month sounds good.
    At least this.
    Edited by Vunter on January 21, 2015 11:10PM
This discussion has been closed.