The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    I felt this last time, and now doubly so.

PLEASE PROVIDE PLAYERS WITH PTS-like sacks of GOLD GEAR THAT CAN BE SAFELY DELETED AT THE END OF THE TEST.
    PROVIDE items in every weight and trait.

OR

Run this on the PTS, turn off Ravenwatch etc and provide an incentive for participating -- hell I'm sure most of us would do it for 3 weeks for a free mount or skin.

Are you seriously expecting us to go farm gold mats and spend transmutation stones, expensive Tri-Stat glyphs etc just to test something for three weeks?

Thanks,
    Rom.

You do not have gold gear of most of these sets laying around? Because once they were meta you know.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    Why is shackle not on the list? Its pure stats.

Apologies, this was inadvertently missed. Just edited the original post to include Shacklebreaker as a set that is not affected by this test.

And willows path?

It is % based like seducer.
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I can't be sure, but because Willow's path is a % boost to all regen, it probably has to continually go into that conditional/calculation layer. Amber plasm just adds a fixed amount of regen which never varies.

If this was the case, everyone should be stopped from using potions as well. because every time you pop a potion, 40% recovery calculations apply for next 46 seconds.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about twice born star? C’mon bruh.....
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • wastelandexplorer1
    I'm going to miss my Maw for 3 weeks

Guess I'll just run a pet build

I thought the same thing for my sorc then I relized I can’t even run the new set that is 16% more damge for pets but then again I’m only cp 410 so I’ll stay in bgs and dig deep
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking forward to this, even with Nioh 2 freshly released on PC and very enjoyable.

I'm wearing Shacklebreaker anyways, Alfiq is in the bank, just a shame all that Willpower staves got deconstructed over the years.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    I am very confident about the test will shows high lag as usuall, and high packlos .
    The aoe test they did last yr ? was an epic joke .
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when you revert the restriction of buffs and heals going to group targets only, I guess Undaunted Orbs will FINALLY work again in pvp? Good to hear, looking forward to this.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So PvP except Battlegrounds is closed for 3 weeks to look at anything but the ACTUAL issue!!!

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say there are two sets:
    A. Increase max stamina by 1000
    B. Increase max stamina by 3%

Bonus from set A is fixed but bonus from set B is calculated based on a parameter.

Set A works during the test, but set B doesn't work...

Am I correct?
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Any chance that double AP will be active during this time to ensure that more people will participate in this test?

Has anyone answered this yet?

Will this three week test come with double ap?

(edit) I cbf playing pvp for 3 weeks if the ap is not doubled. Not worth the time resetting my build after it is gutted to nothing.

Edited by Rezdayn on February 9, 2021 11:24AM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    techyeshic wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »
    QUESTION:

I'm assuming this means all Monster Sets are affected by the test and thereby disabled. Can we confirm if this is so?

What about the two Monster Sets (Slimecraw and Mighty Chudan) that grant Major/Minor system buffs with permanent uptime, and do not have a conditional proc? Are they too disabled?

This is purely for information. My opinion on the test will be determined by the actual experience through its duration.

Thanks for working on performance in Cyrodiil, and on the megaservers generally. It remains one of the biggest issues friends cite as the reason they're not ready to join me and play.

From the list the provided it seems apparent to me that perma-buff sets like what you mention (others include medusa etc) will not work. They indicated that the list the provided is exhaustive and it includes no perma-buff sets.

Except there is nothing that gives confidence this list is exhaustive. Actually the opposite when right away, people noticed Shacklebreaker wasnt there and they edited it back in. PvPers are competitive and do not want to go in shorthanded by misinformation. We need clarity and confidence that we know what we are going into before investing time and resources for a test we don't even know what works, or if it does; WTH the plan would be.

Yes there is:
    Heyo gang!

The full list of Sets which are not affected by this test are as follows:
    • Amber Plasm
    • Armor of the Trainee
    • Beekeeper’s Gear
    • Crafty Alfiq
    • Draugr Hulk
    • Endurance
    • Fortified Brass
    • Grace of the Ancients
    • Hunding’s Rage
    • Impregnable Armor
    • Law of Julianos
    • Leviathan
    • Mother’s Sorrow
    • Plague Doctor
    • Shacklebreaker
    • Spinner’s Garments
    • Spriggan’s Thorns
    • Willpower Agility
    At this time, we are planning for this test to run for ...

And again; that was there and they did not have shackle breaker on it. They edited it in after it was brought up so that bolded line.means nothing, and they have not answered the questions of what happens in sets that don't work as far as just the condition, that line of the set, or entire set
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I can't be sure, but because Willow's path is a % boost to all regen, it probably has to continually go into that conditional/calculation layer. Amber plasm just adds a fixed amount of regen which never varies.

If this was the case, everyone should be stopped from using potions as well. because every time you pop a potion, 40% recovery calculations apply for next 46 seconds.

This test is obviously just about sets and not about other sources of % buffs, if that was the case they would also have to take off all skills that give a % buff lol.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server performance is easy to fix...

1) Remove any set that requires a check (most sets).
    2) Remove any skill that requires a check (most skills).
    3) Remove ALL grouping.
    4) Remove all item sets that have a set bonus.
    5) Allow the use of only white item quality.
    6) Remove ALL passives in ALL skill lines, racial passives AND crafting (to deter crafting in Cyrodil).
    7) Remove group healing, non group healing and self healing.
    8) Implement a light attack only combat system (however remove all weapon enchants).

The only way ANYONE can be SKILLED at this game is if the above things ARE changed because no one is good at this game unless they play it the way I WANT them to play. Full. Stop.

RealisticGlisteningFalcon-small.gif
  • GormBT
    GormBT
    Lol welcome to the light attack meta
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this 3 week test will we have more campaigns like in the pvp event? I hope so.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on the level of success of this test we might eventually see a lot of these % increase/decrease sets reworked as flat bonuses similar to how worm cult and hircines were changed.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for better information than last time.

One advice limit this test period to 3 weeks because:
    1. then we have the next update with the huge change to the cp system.
    2. you will loose customers like last time if the testing drags on longer. Its better to run a number of short tests with some weeks interruption.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a joke post before but this time I am being serious...

1) Double AP for 3 weeks.
    2) More campaigns for 3 weeks.

If that happens... Okay... Cool...

source.gif
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »

source.gif

Im not sure the extra campaigns are needed nor wanted to get decent results.

The double AP is not what packs the servers as we saw last tests, it was the same people or even less, as when there is no bonus. Its the loot boxes and tickets that stack the event campaigns.

And; they really want to see servers packed to get an idea on performance.

Double AP is more of a sign of good will having people show up for testing rather than take a break.
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Can we keep the healing only in group plz. I call bull that it doesn't help performance but even so I don't want to heal others when I go solo. I don't want some random coming over when I'm fighting and than when I need to heal myself it goes to them and than I die bc of it.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade hard mode activated. Keep an ear out for that elemental weapon activation. :)
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about toothrow, or is that not used much in pvp?
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Rezdayn wrote: »

source.gif

Im not sure the extra campaigns are needed nor wanted to get decent results.

The double AP is not what packs the servers as we saw last tests, it was the same people or even less, as when there is no bonus. Its the loot boxes and tickets that stack the event campaigns.

And; they really want to see servers packed to get an idea on performance.

Double AP is more of a sign of good will having people show up for testing rather than take a break.

I dont care if its good will or to get people in... I just want double AP lol. I wont really play pvp until the next AP event if they dont.

Not saying you are wrong though. Just saying what I think lol.
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    No War Maiden? What is the proc on that set?
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh also.

Did they add extra campaigns last time they did a test?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No War Maiden? What is the proc on that set?

I imagine the set has to check every time you use a skill if the damage is magic damage.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do I have to bribe to get this test implemented on console as well?
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina, just a suggestion that if you want an actual true test then I suggest either disabling IC or implementing the test in there aswell as every single person who doesnt like change will just go in IC and lag that out and in turn lag the server aswell. We need to try and get this sorted and leaving avenues of escape for us lazy gamers will not help :smile:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just letting you know we're working on getting answers to some more of your questions today, including some of the specific sets called out. Stay tuned...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.