The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• kirchhofftr
    @ZOS I will give you guys a solution

1- Make a new campaign that requires to be in group for Join ( like group battlegrounds ) if you leave the group you will kick out cyrodiil
    2- Same as above make a new campaign for only solo play ( Players can not join with groups or cant create a group inside the Cyrodiil )
    3- Decrease player limits in cyrodiil
    4- Make a new cyrodiil that includes only 6 keeps ( 2 for each alliance) like Y shape with 1/4 player limit of current cyrodill

Like last time noone wants to suffer these mindless test ( Cooldowns , cost increase , healing changes , now set changes.. )
    Remember you guys adding these sets into the game not us.

THANKS.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    If the test DO confirm that proc sets are at fault with the server performance; I wonder how it'll be adjusted from a balance and performance perspective.

If not, then what is next can they do?

What classes will benefit the most from the testing? Nightblades and Sorcerers?

This will be exciting to see.

they might have to rework how some of those sets do their calculations.

For example the Seducer set checks every skill to see if its a magicka skill, and then applies the cost reduction. They could change it to a flat reduction that applies before abilities are cast like a reduce cost glyph would do.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about New Moon Acolyte?
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Twice-Born Star is missing from the list.
    PC-EU
    How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
    A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be an extremely interesting test and arguably the most even playing field well ever see in eso. At the same time it will show class balance problems in a brutally honest fashion. There will definitely be much to learn from this!
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about eternal vigor?
  • PoppaVape
    PoppaVape
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I assumed Mighty Chudan and Slimecraw would work. Neither set procs as a condition of anything other than simply being equipped. Are you making ALL Monster sets irrelevant? Or was this an oversight as well? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will you also be reverting the 12-people-per-group change that was made at the conclusion of the previous tests, despite having no impact on performance, for which you provided no further details on the "behavioral changes" you saw?

Because I can't imagine the actual behavioral changes - more hate towards you guys for poorly thought-out, utterly arbitrary decisions - was the kind of behavioral change you actually wanted to see.

Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to miss my Maw for 3 weeks

Guess I'll just run a pet build
  • YungRich
    YungRich
    ✭✭
    What about 1pc monster sets, will we still be able to use those?
  • Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice ! Today's PTS patch was great but i couldn't expect such a good test to be announced, I thought you would allow malacath and stuff like that, I'm hyped.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will we get double ap during the test ? Anyway todays news are rly good.
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center
    -Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the others commenting on Seducer. That sounds like a really inefficient way to handle it. Why is cost reduction not a single stat with a one-time calculation? Cleaning up issues like that couldn’t hurt performance.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any word on the following sets:

Willows Path,
    Twice-born Star,
    Robes of Alteration Mastery / battlefield acrobat
    Footman's Fortune

Sets that apply a buff without condition? e.g.
    Medusa
    Rattlecage
    Warrior-Poet
    Vampire Cloak
    Slimecraw
    Mighty Chudan

Non-proc based group buff sets - expecting these are disabled due to the range check?
    Worm
    Hircine
    Ebon

Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 9, 2021 3:24PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    Can you confirm if mythic items will work? Like Malacath.
    - ad scrub -
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unanswered questions:

1) Monster sets? Will only sets like Slimecraw work?

2) Mythic items? Will they work

3) what happens with sets NOT on the list? a. You can't even equip them b. you can equip them but the calculation aspect won't work. c. you can equip them but they will give no stats at all

4) Arena weapons? Will they work? Or do these restrictions apply only to sets?
    Edited by Theignson on February 9, 2021 8:34AM
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this work with sets like new moon acolyte where the stat bonus has no proc condition? Is the whole 5 piece disabled or do we get the damage without the cost increase? What about sets with additional standard set buffs on the 5 piece, like vicious death?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any word on the following sets:

Willows Path,
    Twice-born Star,
    Robes of Alteration Mastery / battlefield acrobat
    Footman's Fortune

Sets that apply a buff without condition? e.g.
    Medusa
    Rattlecage
    Warrior-Poet
    Vampire Cloak
    Slimecraw

Non-proc based group buff sets - expecting these are disabled due to the range check?
    Worm
    Hircine
    Ebon

Looks like anything that would cause a calculation or a "check", anything that does a constantly reapplying buff, or anything that does a group range check is out the window during this test. The key here is flat stats, which fits with what they mentioned they want to test.

I would like to know if other sets will still work before their 5 piece bonus though, like stacking 2 different monster sets for helm and shoulders for the one piece bonus.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about equipping 1 piece of a monster set that alters no abilities IE 1 piece Kra'gh?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Bright Throat's Boast is a proc set. That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.

Still, interesting to see how the test goes, and very, very interested in jumping in on a more-even playing field for a few weeks.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will also be reverting a prior test where abilities cast on allies were restricted to group targets only. This adjustment gave no appreciable gains towards performance improvements, so this restriction will be removed until further notice and abilities which target/can be triggered by players outside of your group will once again function as they do outside of Cyrodiil.

Glad to see it. There's not much point in saving Cyrodiil if you kill the fun to do it.

It will be some crazy miracle if you can fix performance with changes to combat. Good luck.
  • jiazu
    jiazu
    Soul Shriven
    EXTRA STOUT :wink:
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS I will give you guys a solution

1- Make a new campaign that requires to be in group for Join ( like group battlegrounds ) if you leave the group you will kick out cyrodiil
    2- Same as above make a new campaign for only solo play ( Players can not join with groups or cant create a group inside the Cyrodiil )
    3- Decrease player limits in cyrodiil
    4- Make a new cyrodiil that includes only 6 keeps ( 2 for each alliance) like Y shape with 1/4 player limit of current cyrodill

Like last time noone wants to suffer these mindless test ( Cooldowns , cost increase , healing changes , now set changes.. )
    Remember you guys adding these sets into the game not us.

THANKS.

Soz but i don t think these are good ideas do you release most queue solo for overland pvp, why not try doing a full group at prime time and see how long it takes you to get in, the limits for pvp have already been decreased, limiting the players base from its present will probs give you around 50 peeps per alliance, this takes away play as you want

Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you in Cyordiil proc-set users. I have waited years for this!

Can't wait to hear why "it's all skill and not the proc sets" failed you during this time :wink:
  • Adamus
    Adamus
    ✭✭✭
    Can you include a test that disables all add-ons as well? Please.
    Adamus
    Army of the Pact (AP) - GM | NA-PC
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Any chance that double AP will be active during this time to ensure that more people will participate in this test?

please NO.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying your intentions regarding the reversion of group-only healing.

I especially appreciate the clarity that "This adjustment gave no appreciable gains towards performance improvements, so this restriction will be removed until further notice and abilities which target/can be triggered by players outside of your group will once again function as they do outside of Cyrodiil."

In the future, if tests lead you to make changes for "behavioral reasons", please consider making those reasons known to your players so we can better adjust to how you'd like us to play as opposed to ending up like "No plan ever survives contact with the enemy the players."
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a a few sets that have an unconditional stat bonus in addition to the proc stuff on item 5.

I was hoping just the procs would be disabled. Seems not? The whole set is inactivated?

For example Sentry, WD in #5 is not conditional (as far as I can tell from the tooltip):

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 266 Weapon Damage. When you begin to crouch, gain Stealth Detection for 10 seconds. This effect can only be activated every 30 seconds.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adamus wrote: »

That's easy: consoles.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adamus wrote: »

Its called console and its permanent. They do not seem to be doing any better.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also would like to make a request to ZOS. Can you please please please make an exception for VD?
This discussion has been closed.