The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I lost skill points (how could I find out), but I have a werewolf character whose ulti is reset and who lost all XP in it, so I would have to gain all the xp again to be able to morph it...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news or ETA on the fix ?

It is serious issue and it kinda cripples my experience (and probably not only mine). I wait with starting Markarth DLC as I may accidentally do a quest that grants skill point & mess something up (since I am missing one due to a bug).

I was waiting 2 weeks and it is till not fixed. It has been 4 days since it was "supposed" to be fixed (so 2 weeks & 4 days, and soon 3 weeks). I wish to know how long I would have to wait...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 19, 2020 1:37PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Character: Deni
    User ID: Drio
    Server: NA/PC

My werewolf was also reset but I don't remember how many skill points I had on this character. Currently he has 4.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • casvs
    casvs
    Soul Shriven
    User ID:
    casus.death

Character:
    Sad ***

Server:
    EU/PC

Lost 1 skillpoint on werewolf. ):
  • WereElf
    WereElf
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

EU, @WereElf, missing a skill point on my "Khantia"
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed something about the skill points spent in the Werewolf skill line that could aid in debugging the issue. When going to a shrine to respec my morphs, I noticed that the game lists a total of 20 skill points spent in the line, while the addon SpentSkillPoints lists 21. The addon displays the number of spent skill points on the right of the skill line entry in the list, while ESO lists the number of spent skill points in parenthesis right next to the skill line entry.

2pbo0q057vf9.png

Here's what I think is happening here. Manually counting out the number of skills in the line that you would spend - given that the base ultimate and now Devour are unlocked at the start - gives you the number 20. That's for the 1 ultimate morph, the 5 base skills plus the 5 morphs, and the 9 passives, disregarding Devour. However, Devour was not always a free passive skill.

This could mean that the SpentSkillPoints addon, which many of us use to calculate the number of spent skill points in a skill line, might be outdated, by including Devour in the calculation for the total number of skill points spent, or the in-game counter for the number of skill points spent in a skill line is incorrect. At least one of the two numbers are incorrect here.

can you use that addon retroactively to check how many skillpoints it counts spent on skills? or does it count them only after allocating them (so the missing point would not be visible if I start using it now?). I have 4 characters I know are affacted but I also have 4 more that I think are fine but can't really be sure...
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what I think is happening here. Manually counting out the number of skills in the line that you would spend - given that the base ultimate and now Devour are unlocked at the start - gives you the number 20. That's for the 1 ultimate morph, the 5 base skills plus the 5 morphs, and the 9 passives, disregarding Devour. However, Devour was not always a free passive skill.

This could mean that the SpentSkillPoints addon, which many of us use to calculate the number of spent skill points in a skill line, might be outdated, by including Devour in the calculation for the total number of skill points spent, or the in-game counter for the number of skill points spent in a skill line is incorrect. At least one of the two numbers are incorrect here.

Let's test on PTS.

OK, Lets create a new char. SSP says 3/3 (level 3 char). Spend all 3 skill points, refund all 3 for 150: OK. Add WW through crown store, SSP says 3/3. Log off and back on, says 3/4, with 1 point spent in WW. So, yes, maybe it does show an extra skill point for Devour.

Ok, let's cure WW on a real WW char. After resetting all skill points on this char, Stendarr shrine will offer to take 100 gold every time I use it but I don't get any skill points back and it's not taking the gold with a reset, and it shows 413/414 because of SSP. I turn off SSP, go to Rawl'kha... no priest. Off to Riften where I find Prelate Sabinus to cure my WW. Still 413 skill points. Back to the shrines... Turn SSP back on, shows 413/414, still one point spent in world, but none in any skill line. It's not SSP saving this skill point in the SavedVariables, that only contains the settings. It's using API calls to add up the skill points. Examining the code with my limited lua skills, the extra skill point appears to indeed be because it's not subtracting the point for Devour.

But now that WW has been cured, where is it getting this spent skill point from? Shrine still offers the donation of 100 gold. Spend a single skill point, refund all. The shrine takes 150 gold but gives back 1 skill point. Use the button to return that single skill point, and it still takes 150 gold.

OK let's try a char that has never had WW, refund the skill points, see what happens. SSP shows me 30/123. Soul Trap IS morphed, and didn't reset. Reset skill points, SSP says 123/123, shrine has no donation.

Summary: Skoros Mindkiller (former WW, former Vamp) refunds all skill points, visiting the shrine offers 100 gold. Skora Mindkiller (WW), offers 150 gold after clearing. Skeesa Mindkiller, offers 0 after clearing. Lalandra Stormborne (WW) offers 100. Skoril Mindkiller offers 0. Grtxschnns gra-Gnrlwz 0. Kluerin (Vamp) 0. Aldora Gavoulis 0. Greebo-dar 0. Annalæ Erollisi (WW) 100. Aldrin Gavoulis 0. Tomanak Orfro (WW, new from Crown store) 0. Annalae Erollisi (WW) 0. Hrolf Hammerhand 0.

Conclusion: The game itself is telling me there are between two and three skill points it is refusing to refund on almost every char that had WW when update 28 dropped.

Note 1: The vampire (Kluerin), one WW (Tomanak), and Hrolf show the choice as "Skills: Make a Donation" with no value, the other ones show just "Goodbye."

Note 2: No, I didn't list a char twice. Annalæ is an AD duplicate of the DC char Annalae, created back before One Tamriel when faction mattered for more than PvP.

Back on NA, the shrine says 18,550 for Skoros, which is 371 skill points. I have 44 unspent, which is 415 total. SSP says 414, and we know it's overcounting on WWs by 1 so 413. This equals the two un-refundable skill points we saw on PTS.

On Skora, shrine says 16,450 which is 329. Add 20 unspent for 349. Correcting SSPs total to 346 means 3 un-refundable points, also the same thing that we saw on PTS.
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    You can fix SSP by adding 3 lines before line 259 so it reads
    		if IsWerewolfSkillLine(skillType, skillLine) then
    			if skillIndex == 1 then
    				return 1
    			end
    			if skillIndex == 7 then
    				return 1
    			end
    		end

So, using the corrected SSP totals, you can't see the missing skill point(s) just by examining the WW line. However, you can calculate missing skill points by adding the Stendarr shrine cost ÷ 50 to your unspent skill points and subtracting the SSP total. You will also see these phantom skill points if you reset all skill points and then visit the shrine again. PC-NA players can (currently) use PTS to see this without having to mess around with their real chars.

EDIT: This calculation gives me more than twice as many missing skill points as previously calculated.
    Edited by SkorosMindkiller on November 20, 2020 4:51AM
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using my affected character on the PTS, by clearing all my skill points at the shrine and revisiting, I receive a 100 gold option to change my skills, with no option for morphs. In contrast, by logging in on the PTS to a different, unaffected werewolf character for the first time since pre-Markarth, doing the same process does not give me a cost to revisit the shrine after resetting all skill points - no "phantom skill points" here.

Somehow, it seems my affected character had lost two skill points, despite never morphing the skill after it had been reset.

Regardless of my situation, this manner of checking for lost skill points seems effective. Thank you for the insight!
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *confused if I should morph it now or wait to not loose point or if I'm already missing a point* <.<
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Delevan
    Delevan
    Soul Shriven
    In game @Delevan
    Character name Saint Soultaker
    Same issue as everyone else on this thread, i have lost 3 skill points on this werewolf morph only to have it revert back to the base ability....
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553626/incremental-patch-maintenance-all-platforms-nov-23
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience while we have continued working on bug fixes from Update 28. We were fortunate to complete the build and get through certification quicker than expected, and plan to publish the next incremental patch for PC/Mac/Stadia, Xbox and PlayStation next Monday, November 23. This patch will include fixes for a number of commonly-occurring game crashes, including those most prevalent in dungeons and Trials, among several other fixes. Maintenance will begin at 4:00am EST for PC/Mac, and 6:00am EST for consoles.

So umm... still no fix ? Even on Monday ? (Unless "several other fixes" contains WW ulti / soul trap missing skill point refund).

I mean missing in-game content (such as skill point) is kinda serious issue. The longer you wait the more damage will be done. I have postponed playing new DLC (3 weeks, yikes) since I am kinda crippled because of this bug (that after all was not players fault).

So.. um... any ETA or at least status update ? ? ?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we still have to post our characters and missing points?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • walisson7
    walisson7
    Soul Shriven
    Idk, still waiting for a fix...
  • FireSoul
    FireSoul
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

I also have this issue. I reported a bug last month, no answer. (at least I thought I did)
    I have re-reported the bug.

I've wasted 3 points from since the patch was released because I was a *** who thought maybe WW Ults was simply reset and I had to redo the levelling again. (has kinda happened before on other skills)
    I've wasted the initial one and 2 attempts to level it.

Character: Briztrinae
    Account: @firesoul55
    Platform North America/PC

I provided a screenshot with USPF count (total skill points accumulated) and kill points spent, side by side.

195orry44olv.jpg

Edited by FireSoul on November 22, 2020 2:09AM
  • vanderlin
    vanderlin
    Soul Shriven

Lost two (2) skill points putting them into the WW ultimate.

userID: Vanderlin
    Character: Vanderlin
    PC NA
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    UserID: grumpyw0lf

Affected charectors

Grumpy Wolf - 3 skill points

Grumpy Wulph - 2 skill points

Palowa Joke - 2 skill points

Grumpy Ferret - 1 skill point

Grumpy Wolfe - 1 skill point

Grumpi Wolf - 1 skill point

• Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this issue @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Have you been able to find any cause/fix or made any plans on how to proceed with the issue?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 weeks and it is still not fixed, even after 2.. yeah TWO incremental patches :/

How long we will have to wait ? I have kinda postponed playing ESO and wait till you fix it. It is a serious issue that crippled my experience playing the game.

Any news on that @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Just say... anything. Even if you are still working on it, it would be nice to see a status update. Pretty please ? ? ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 23, 2020 2:24PM
  • DimTh
    DimTh
    ✭✭
    Really now? Again we don't have our missing skill points? I can't play almost 1 month now
    as i played before, cause i'm using the WW and the Soul trap.... Also i haven't use skill there
    to use the morphs cause i can't trust it, i don't want to lose more SP, It is sure that i can spend
    again SP to morph them without problems?

i have already missing 5-6 skill points...Could we have an official answer about all this?
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

skill points not refunded, no message in chat screen in game..., near a month now how long?

• redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    Another maintenance and still no skill refund...is the werewolf skill even fixed? I fear putting skill points or even get skill points due to this. I know someone will mess up once more and I'll lose even more skill points
    Edited by redsaaryn on November 23, 2020 3:55PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will we ever see our skill points returned? Are we safe to put skill points into morphs?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't the only WW related bug either although it is obviously concerning.

The Ferocious roar morph doesn't speed up the first heavy attack you do while the heavy attack speed buff is active. Really annoying.

Also the pounce morph that does AoE damage seems to disable itself randomly and make it unusable with a continuous "out of range" reminder for the ability even if you're able to hug the target.

Werewolf skill line is the real MVP imo and just needs some more attention to be perfect.
  • itzatecah
    itzatecah
    ✭✭
    I can confirm the Pounce getting stuck and unusable, has happened to me too several times
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AgentUriel wrote: »
    This isn't the only WW related bug either although it is obviously concerning.

The Ferocious roar morph doesn't speed up the first heavy attack you do while the heavy attack speed buff is active. Really annoying.

Also the pounce morph that does AoE damage seems to disable itself randomly and make it unusable with a continuous "out of range" reminder for the ability even if you're able to hug the target.

Werewolf skill line is the real MVP imo and just needs some more attention to be perfect.

is this in pvp? there was a bug where gap closers lose their cast range (it doesnt read in the skill tool tip either). It is fixed if you change zone, which you unfortunstely dont do often in pvp.
  • Dakeyras
    Dakeyras
    Is there any update anywhere about skillpoint refund?
    I can see that nothing has moved.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why every hotfix, they seems to break more stuff then they actually fixes :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dakeyras wrote: »

We recently identified the issue with the lack of skill point refunds from patch v6.2.6, and are working on rolling out a proper fix. This should be published in a future incremental patch - hopefully the next one in which the date is still TBD. Until then, you should be able to morph any skills without them un-morphing, as that fix has gone out to all platforms.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakeyras wrote: »

We recently identified the issue with the lack of skill point refunds from patch v6.2.6, and are working on rolling out a proper fix. This should be published in a future incremental patch - hopefully the next one in which the date is still TBD. Until then, you should be able to morph any skills without them un-morphing, as that fix has gone out to all platforms.
    Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! :):) Finally, A glimmer of hope on the horizon !

You know what they say:

"Third time's a charm"

Fingers crossed. Will wait and morph my ww ulti, after it is fixed ;)