The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I have a huge respect for tanks now

• VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    I let all my tanks fall into half-tanks for the sake of pvp.

Then I go into vet dungeons. And embarrass myself so intensely that I don't touch undaunted quests on any character for months at a time.

Tankin aint easy
    Edited by VelimOrthic on April 30, 2020 12:02AM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I don't get this thread, or at least the title.
    This has nothing to do with tanks doing their job, it's more about being paired with people who can't properly do their role. Which is equally frustrating for everyone, not just tanks. Tanks and DDs at least have some kind of power role when it comes to dungeons, healers are the ones who are really screwed if they have to play with noobs since they can't finish a boss nor take the aggro.

I'd think that most healers can easily pull half or more of the DPS they would if they were built for DPS. If that's not true with your exact default healing build, it should at least be true with minor changes that still leave you able to perform your most essential functions.

When it cones down to a healer giving consista t buffs to the group, with things like major courage, minor berserk, elemental drain, they should be pulling their weight with those buffs/debuffs alone.
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    My pug tank is built to dish out a lil damage. I wouldn't call him a DPS by any measure, but I found his sweet-spot between kill speed and survivability training him up on world bosses and he'll widdle stuff down on his own if he has to.

My bigger pet peeve when on my tank is fake healers. I get most dungeons don't require a full on healer, but c'mon man if you're gonna queue as healer at least slot 1 heal and/or orbs because main healing a group through magma shell spam is.. lol.. don't get me wrong I'll do it, but I'd rather be using warhorn and you'd probably rather I did too.
    I think my tank is solid for most vet dungeons, currently having some difficulties with HM DLC that I don't know before hand, but yeah.. I need those orbs to synergy for sustainability,e specially when the dps is weak! lol. Heavy attacks are an alternative, but still.

Generally, if the pug is inexperienced, I just wait for a total disaster and then they're more eager to listen and accept recommendations or discuss about strategy/build/skills. Like you can tell Ice staff dps to be aware of them stealing the aggro, or devise a strat to deal with it if they don't have an alternative like a lightning or fire staff. Personally, not being the grinder type I actually I find this more challenging, as being part of the game. I'll never ask to kick someone out (I make them aware of their weaknesses though, and if it becomes necessary, they usually kick themselves out). With a pug of total noobs, you're the tank, thus you're the master of the fighting/playing field, be the captain of your group and try to do with what's under hand ;-)...

Also, some people will always finger point the tank if the pug has a hard time, even though the healer or dps or both could be the reason, that's also part of the game and confirms what I've just wrote : you're the captain and they make you bear that responsibility. Btw, I often compare a tank's "composure" with the psyche of a Hockey goal tender :D.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a little tank appreciation. To any that have carried me through a dungeon, you are the real heroes! And a special gold star the the ones letting me actually listen to the dungeon quests and not running from fight to fight farming up equipment.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I don't get this thread, or at least the title.
    This has nothing to do with tanks doing their job, it's more about being paired with people who can't properly do their role. Which is equally frustrating for everyone, not just tanks. Tanks and DDs at least have some kind of power role when it comes to dungeons, healers are the ones who are really screwed if they have to play with noobs since they can't finish a boss nor take the aggro.

I'd think that most healers can easily pull half or more of the DPS they would if they were built for DPS. If that's not true with your exact default healing build, it should at least be true with minor changes that still leave you able to perform your most essential functions.

When it cones down to a healer giving consista t buffs to the group, with things like major courage, minor berserk, elemental drain, they should be pulling their weight with those buffs/debuffs alone.

Even if you are able to provide all these buffs with 100% uptime, it still doesn't add as much dps to group as if you just did straight dps. Healers should be doing dps in dungeons, buffing and healing is only needed in trials. Especially if your pug dungeon group dps is 4 digit lol. Your buffs would only add 1k dps lmao.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kichwas wrote: »
    Gulnagel wrote: »

Here your jobs is to be a buff / debuff machine, and to sometimes hold aggro on some of the pull...

Sometimes? So sometimes just let the dps face roll it and die...yea, great thinking there.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

I think it depends on the definition of a fake tank. Abysmal fake tanks that queue to DLC dungeons, can't dps, can't tank, can't even self heal, dies, dont res others, runs ahead, dies again, etc; no, just do not tank at all. In fact don't go into any dungeon if you do this.

But a fake tank in non-DLC dungeons that have good dps, have enough self heal and res others if need be, is not bad.

You highlight a very good point.

Yes, there is a BIG difference between "non vet" Undaunted and "vet" undaunted, but there is also a huge gap between "non-vet" and "non-vet-DLC".

I really find myself wishing there was an option to queue as:

Non-vet Base
    Non-vet including DLC (or even Non Vet DLC just by itself)
    Vet Base
    Vet DLC

There is a godaweful skill gap there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

I think it depends on the definition of a fake tank. Abysmal fake tanks that queue to DLC dungeons, can't dps, can't tank, can't even self heal, dies, dont res others, runs ahead, dies again, etc; no, just do not tank at all. In fact don't go into any dungeon if you do this.

But a fake tank in non-DLC dungeons that have good dps, have enough self heal and res others if need be, is not bad.

You highlight a very good point.

Yes, there is a BIG difference between "non vet" Undaunted and "vet" undaunted, but there is also a huge gap between "non-vet" and "non-vet-DLC".

I really find myself wishing there was an option to queue as:

Non-vet Base
    Non-vet including DLC (or even Non Vet DLC just by itself)
    Vet Base
    Vet DLC

There is a godaweful skill gap there.

I wonder how many free ESO+ trial users got swallowed up by dungeons way over their head last week.

Now of course the option is there to queue for individual dungeons but I’ve waited over and hour or more than one occasion and have given up entirely on anything but random.

That said my first for PUG’s were in some of the most difficult content in the game which is why a few posts back I thanked the yanks for carrying me!
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insulting other players is not showing you in a good light....

Not very low-key at all, smh

• kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where to start..

An MMO game is no longer a new concept, it's been around for years so you would think that most player by now know the basic foundations in mmo games, right? WRONG.

I used to main a healer a few years back but I couldnt take the pug-runs with such low dps, draging out time. So I made a dps myself and never looked back.
    But I wanted to level a few more characters, and thougt I'll tank again (also mained tanks in other mmos). Now the nightmare begins, even in normal random dungeons dps is extremly low, people using ice staffs stealing aggro, normal dlc dungeons with a pug feel like the special olympics. This isn't fun at all. Can't be fun for the healer and can't be fun for the dps.

I don't get it, how can it be so hard to grasp simple rotation or the holy trinity of tank, healer and dps.

How do you tanks out there manage to keep your temper?

AND yes I know "don't pug then bla bla" but I'll say this there isn' t fewer tanks in this game because it's boring to tank there are however fewer tanks because pug-finder usually puts you in The special mmo olympics.

And I do try to help, explain mechanics, but it feels like talking to a wall sometimes.
    I don't know how to solve this, I guess I needed to vent my frustration.

When running pugs I have a Templar tank that has:
    - 34-38k resists
    - 20.6k Max Health
    - 30k+ DPS
    - Extended Ritual, Remembrance, and Repentance for team heals, Vigor for self heal.
    - I have Meditate and sword & board back-bar, so I have huge block mitigation and the ward for a bit extra temporary health.
    - I taunt priority threats and burn mobs like it's nobodies business.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vet Marselok, second to last boss(protecting selene). Tanking this fight, while your dps doesn't kill the dogs or lurched gave a new appreciation for tanking, even from a tank pov. Xd
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those defending fake tanks and fake healers... you are actually making the game worse for new players. You do not give new players the chance to learn a role.

You are also destroying their time! Queue's don't move faster because someone fake tanked or fake healed. 99% of the time those are the cause of a run to fail. Making those who waited an hour in queue to get a dungeon, wait in queue again! On top of the bad dungeon experience they just had.

As I posted before, I often get thrown into a 'failed' run as a tank. About 50% of my runs. Meaning, fake tanking or fake healing does not work out well! It is just selfish and disrespectful to others. This is besides mentioning it is beyond selfish that you do not want to wait in queue for the role you actually are, and are willing to destroy another persons time. There is no way to justify this at all. This is also why I feel this should be a violation of the board rules, as you are instructing players to do something outside of how the game is meant to be played. With disastrous results for newer players or players who enjoy doing normals. This selfishness is harming the playerbase.

As a real tank I always have people whispering me to thank me, often get the comment "Finally a real tank!" as well. So there is your real result, despite of what you tell yourself to justify the selfishness.

PS: Hybrid tank/dps who can actually tank are not fake roles in my opinion. Though they are if they only think they can tank while they cannot!
    Edited by Sarannah on April 30, 2020 5:47AM
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ride the wave when I tank for pugs. Every run is like a box of chocolates.

Most of the time it is perfectly fine, sometime it's hilarious, very rarely does it get nasty.

As long as I know the mechanics and can explain them to others who don't, I chalk anything else up to the dps. Let them be the rockstars they want to be ;) (sarcasm, btw. I run deeps too)

• Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah pugging a dungeon on a tank is it's own form of hell, I will tank but I don't do it in group finder anymore. The lack of tanks isn't because it isn't fun, but because DPS makes the difference between a 2 hour long mind numbing run and a quick and easy 20 min run. good tanks and healers? Yeah it makes a run smoother... Good DPS? turns pretty much anything into a a cake walk. That's why I go DPS because me being good on dps is more likely to make a successful run than anything else. Obviously 12 man content can be a different story but for any group finder content you can be sure.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple of weeks ago I was pugging a random and I kept losing agro on the boss. Ask if anyone was using a ice staff someone they had one on backbar but didn’t heavy attacking with it. Next boss fight, off goes the boss again chasing someone else instead of staying with me, gets more than 15m away and I get the synergy for inner fire pop up for me to use :D Reminded them about inner fire and the taunt after that fight and never lost the boss again. Lol.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Tanking isn't very popular because a good tank build with a decent health investment can not also do lots of DPS.
    What that is concerned a healer can usually heal with 1 bar and do DPS on the other since spellpower actually buffs both.
    It may be a reason there's so many fake tanks.

* Also mentioned: no indication of how hard a dungeon is.
    There really should be a rating one day so people at least now what to expect
    Like very easy / easy / moderate / hard / very hard
    or
    newcomer / adventurer / veteran / expert

The current system hardly says anything as some veteran dungeons are actually a lot easier than some normals.
    Only thing you know now is that the vet version is tougher than the normal version.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    * Tanking isn't very popular because a good tank build with a decent health investment can not also do lots of DPS.
    What that is concerned a healer can usually heal with 1 bar and do DPS on the other since spellpower actually buffs both.
    It may be a reason there's so many fake tanks.

* Also mentioned: no indication of how hard a dungeon is.
    There really should be a rating one day so people at least now what to expect
    Like very easy / easy / moderate / hard / very hard
    or
    newcomer / adventurer / veteran / expert

The current system hardly says anything as some veteran dungeons are actually a lot easier than some normals.
    Only thing you know now is that the vet version is tougher than the normal version.

The low DPS excuse is a load of rubbish. When a tank is in group content then you should be tanking. DPS is not your primary objective here.

As for overland, delves and public dungeons? You don't even need to respec. Literally just equip crafted Stam-DPS gear, swap that staff for a 2H maul, and have at it. Trust me it works. As for world bosses? I've done those as a real tank. You won't believe the thanks I've had from randoms when I treated that boss like it were a dungeon, and taunted it the same.

And later on, getting a solo build and a PvP build next to your group build is easy, thanks to the huge amount of skill points available.

Do tanks require dedication? Yes. That's exactly why I love being one.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Yep. How do I do it? Well, sometimes I PUG a Vet DLC dungeon just to see what happens while on my Tank.

One time I pugged Vet Fang Lair. Took about three hours and every player was replaced two times or more as they left the dungeon. Heck, when we got to the very first boss fight the two initial DPS we had both typed in Chat "Oh, it's this dungeon, I can't do this. Sorry!" and left group during the boss fight.

The Healer and myself beat it. Took a while but no deaths on that fight. Two more DPS enter the dungeon. And on and on. It wasn't so bad TBH. Most of the players had not done Fang Lair at that time and needed to learn it. Ended up with 2nd Healer (first one ran out of time) and third and fourth replacement DPS finishing it.

If you want to PUG Vet (normals are a joke) build your Tank to not rely on the Healer or DPS. Build it so it can survive and thrive in even the hardest dungeons on it's own. I think Necro's can do this and I know DK's can. Not sure about the other classes. I have seen a Sorc Tank do some pretty hard core stuff on it's own.

But as a Tank when I PUG I certainly don't expect whoever is in the group to be top tier DPS or Healer. Those expectations are just too high. Have patience and try conversing with them in Chat. If they don't respond in Chat then you most likely will have a big problem.

And always allot two or three hours to the Vet PUG run and have fun. Sometimes those that stick it out with you become great players and join your Guild and become friends in game. And it sets a great example of how we should all be dealing with each other to help learn the game and have fun.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main thing I want to say is, I actively seek out and hope for these scenarios, why? Because I enjoy carrying less experienced, less skilled, or newer players. I find it very rewarding and fulfilling to help others. Try it some time. I cant tell you the amount of compliments I have had from no CP and low CP players, learning the game, when I have tanked for them, keeping them alive and explaining mechs etc. It feels great

I created a dps/tank hybrid, specifically to pug and solo with. A more or less fully functional tank, that can do several times the damage output that a normal tank does. Hello Orc, Stamcro, S&B front bar, 2H back bar. Alkosh/Leeching, monster of choice, such as Lord Warden. (note that necro can take its own synergy, procing Alkosh whenever it wants).

I know I can carry pugs in most scenarios, so pug dps or healz being sub optimal just isn't a particular issue for the most part, I just switch to focusing dps more. And the necro ulti rez is easy mode to keep pugs from wiping.

:)

• MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ever pug normal dlcs, seriously.

It's full of people that never do vet content, but normal dlcs are kinda like base game vets. So you'll encounter the worst group possible.

Pug dlcs on vet, most of the time only the people who are capable queue for them anyway, at least in my experience. I rarely encounter noobs in vet dlcs.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where to start..

An MMO game is no longer a new concept, it's been around for years so you would think that most player by now know the basic foundations in mmo games, right? WRONG.

I used to main a healer a few years back but I couldnt take the pug-runs with such low dps, draging out time. So I made a dps myself and never looked back.
    But I wanted to level a few more characters, and thougt I'll tank again (also mained tanks in other mmos). Now the nightmare begins, even in normal random dungeons dps is extremly low, people using ice staffs stealing aggro, normal dlc dungeons with a pug feel like the special olympics. This isn't fun at all. Can't be fun for the healer and can't be fun for the dps.

I don't get it, how can it be so hard to grasp simple rotation or the holy trinity of tank, healer and dps.

AND yes I know "don't pug then bla bla" but I'll say this there isn' t fewer tanks in this game because it's boring to tank there are however fewer tanks because pug-finder usually puts you in The special mmo olympics.

And I do try to help, explain mechanics, but it feels like talking to a wall sometimes.
    I don't know how to solve this, I guess I needed to vent my frustration.

I pugged with my tank as he was my second character and I only did dungeons after I hit level 10. I always brought along one friend who played as a DD and does good damage.

When I see a player using a frost staff or using 1h & shield I put into group chat, "Please don't use your heavy attack with the frost staff unless you want the boss and adds killing you." or Please don't use your puncture ability unless you want the boss and adds killing you."

Half of the time that works and the other half that DD complains about pulling threat, lack of healing or dying. Typically after that go off I restate the same thing again in group chat. Usually by that point they wise up.

As for bad damage, that is why I bring a friend along to ensure the dungeon is completed in reasonable time. Typically without a good DD it takes forever to complete some dungeons.

Overall tanking is horrible and I only recommend playing as a tank if you have friends to run with or a guild that will help you complete stuff.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on April 30, 2020 2:16PM
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main as a Tank when dungeon hoping and I just keep in mind, it s just a game.

Just this past weekend I was doing dailies and this DPS shows up with S&B and throughout the entire run, he continuously taunted the boss, I think the boss became confused between the two of us (ha). I tried to tell him what not to do but he didn't listen, maybe his chat wasn't up...I don't know but eventually we completed the run.

I became a tank for my own sanity really. I was getting tired of fake tanks with the bosses chasing everyone around and one day I saw this tank just standing there with the boss on him the entire time, I was amazed how the run went so smooth, I was like, that's what I'm going to do...and now I do.

I also keep in mine, I was a noob once too and didn't know any better, so I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

~ Cheers.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tanks really are amazing when done right. I was running the Falkreath dungeon with some guildmates and our tank held out against a boss and soloed the last 5% of him after we wiped. Incredible player and that playstyle requires such an acute awareness of the battlefield and what your teammates are doing. I've thought about trying tanking but I know I don't have the patience and skill to pull it off!
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i pug veterans with my hybrid tank dps or heal dps. It works well because in four man content you can heal with 2-3 spells just fine, or tank with 2-3 spells just fine only u need more hp like 25-30k. The rest can go into dps. I do 25k-30k dps and i tank and heal good enough to carry the low pugs u talk about through the dungeons.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few comments due to Baiting, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules we have in place. Baiting is a violation and is stated as follows:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may not be for everyone but I've had good luck with "partial" pugs.

And by this I mean that if I'm going to run something I ask in guild first and then just queue if all the roles aren't filled in a minute or two. Usually if someone says "yes" to running something in a guild chat, they know what they are doing. And if they don't they will say "I haven't run it, is that ok" or "I'm only cpxxx, is that a problem." I think this helps the pug experience overall because it's great to help new players or even carry them as they learn, but it is less frustrating for all involved if more than one person is doing all of the carrying.

And then the next time those inexperienced puggers queue, they've had a good experience and maybe learned a little something.

Obviously when pugging sometimes the point is none of your friends are around or want to do what you're doing, but I've found that those extra minutes asking in guild chat usually pay off if you're trying to avoid the worst of the worst experiences.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Dfrgh
    Dfrgh
    -Blamed for not prevent horde of trash mods huddle and kill dps/healer by not able to taunt hold ALL aggro individually (mostly happen because they running all over the place to attract multiple groups of trash mods in hope of aoe them down in one go)

-Blamed for not holding taunt/aggro when bosses ignore taunt (some bosses will still cast HARD hitting skill on other players randomly despite under tank's taunt effect and one shot the dps/healer then blame tank for letting the boss cast skill on them and some completely ignore taunt effect "DIrefrost Keep" final boss dungeon for example then nagging me why i dont taunt the boss)

-Blamed for not preventing their death by not having powerful supportive sets when they killed by being a sitting duck or dont want to understanding the mechanic then be killed instantly (some keep dying by standing on and dont bother to even take a step out of boss's red circle dot attacks and red circle that slowly expanding warning of incoming aoe attacks) (when this happened, sometime i can also be blamed for not drawing the boss's aggro??????????? WHY AM I BE BLAMED FOR THINGS YOU CAN DODGE IT YOURSELF?!)

This happens to me rarely and only on vets but when it happens its mind boggling frustrating for me but i still like tank role despite all this because of faster pug queue compared to dps and healer also a big help in daily pledge rush and faster dungeons gear sets farming.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tanking Banished Cells 2 with low dps.... Best experience ever....
  • miawmiaw1337
    miawmiaw1337
    ✭✭✭
    i joined amazing guilds with ranking systems for members and i havent looked back. Every trial and donjons are a breeze now. No more frustrations :)
  • brennz
    brennz
    ✭✭
    When running pugs I have a Templar tank that has:
    - 34-38k resists
    - 20.6k Max Health
    - 30k+ DPS
    - Extended Ritual, Remembrance, and Repentance for team heals, Vigor for self heal.
    - I have Meditate and sword & board back-bar, so I have huge block mitigation and the ward for a bit extra temporary health.
    - I taunt priority threats and burn mobs like it's nobodies business.

Any reason why you’re way over max resists? ~33k is cap and you literally can’t use more in PvE. You could spend that effort into more health, for example.