The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HRC Yokeda Kai (Right side boss)

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn How would this work if the rightside group doesn´t pull their boss at all? Can't wipe if you simply don't engage in combat. Just wait for leftside group to finish and pass through their gate.

Wondering this aswell, but the skipping has to stop IMO...
    Making the Door after last Big addweave (wthe one with 2 gargoles, at the Horn area) only possible to open, if both doors (up and downstairs) have been opened previously would be a option.

Bring the MIMIMI on :trollface:
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 31, 2019 5:01PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn How would this work if the rightside group doesn´t pull their boss at all? Can't wipe if you simply don't engage in combat. Just wait for leftside group to finish and pass through their gate.

For that matter, what happens if one side completes their boss first. Can they pass through gate? Will they still die if the other group wipes, does the dead boss come back?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    In a future PTS the switches to open the gates will no longer be usable until both bosses are defeated. No more skipping :) As for "not pulling a boss" you should still die when that happens as the Yokeda Storm should still go off.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    driosketch wrote: »

For that matter, what happens if one side completes their boss first. Can they pass through gate? Will they still die if the other group wipes, does the dead boss come back?

Once a boss is defeated, it does not come back and failing on the other boss will not cause the Yokeda Storm to happen. But, given my other comment, you will not be able to skip a boss.
    Staff Post
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    In a future PTS the switches to open the gates will no longer be usable until both bosses are defeated. No more skipping :) As for "not pulling a boss" you should still die when that happens as the Yokeda Storm should still go off.

Once a boss is defeated, it does not come back and failing on the other boss will not cause the Yokeda Storm to happen. But, given my other comment, you will not be able to skip a boss.

I feel like, you like to see PUG groups suffer....you're a funny guy
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead

Suffer? No, no, no... We like to see them succeed. All of these changes will help achieve that goal, trust me :)
    Staff Post
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do some pugs really struggle that much? I have run vHRC with some of the worst DPS I've ever seen, but the second boss was always beatable.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Suffer? No, no, no... We like to see them succeed. All of these changes will help achieve that goal, trust me :)

Well, OP is right PUGS will only suffer.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'll take your word for it, thank you for being active on the forums btw, it feels like a lot of concerns we have get kinda like "probably read but we'd really like a confirmation on) (*cough* necropotence bug *cough*) and then I get anxiety because pet sorc main....BUT checkmath was nice enough to update us on that one.

That being said, if you want we can go PUG the new vHRC together to see how the changes work ;)
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »

Do some pugs really struggle that much? I have run vHRC with some of the worst DPS I've ever seen, but the second boss was always beatable.

Yeah unfortunately, I had the pleasure of leading quite a few runs through there to help a couple friends get AY. The upper boss isn't a DPS race, It's more of a race to interrupt and hope your allies don't get killed my meteors. On nHRC it was fine, because if the PUG died I could solo that boss by just killing a few adds, then DPSing and interrupting the rest until they reset. Unfortunately I don't think that'll be possible anymore but whatever.

In terms of vHRC, some pugs can do it, some pugs can't. Like I said, the biggest thing is the outgoing damage, and people's inability to interrupt (Doesn't help that you can bash an add 5 times without it actually interrupting). Now....if you use the cheese strat instead and just have the tank hold everything up there while the dps burn from the back, and interrupt, it becomes much easier. Unfortunately you have to learn that strat for that to be the case. Coordinating that many interrupts while rezing because people don't understand how meteors work is my biggest pain point doing it normally. We get it done but...It's not easy in a PUG sometimes
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »

In my experience, it's one of two issues that holds a group up. Not interrupting correctly on the upper boss, especially on the 20% health all spinning split. I've never had a group fail to make it through, but I have had runs go over an hour while trying to coach a group through it, though.

The other of course is the final phase of the Warrior where too many are dying to the meteor bombardment.
    Edited by driosketch on January 31, 2019 10:52PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    We pull the fakes into the alcove and I taunt, deep breathe, crushing shock over and over and over and...
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those meteors are too lethal , short response time and big area , this trial is always discontinue when top group went failure unless the tank knows how to glitch or experienced solid group . PUG ? 50 / 50 ...

Normally stam DPS won't go TOP , they will have not enough stamina to do DPS , interrupt , roll dodge and vigor .

I question whether dev really play this game .

I hope the changes could fix it and make the TOP play more friendly , thank you !
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they are trying to force people to buy the new dlc and get the similar set there which isn't quite as nice, but hey... You are able to pug it...

Still no idea what they planned by not changing what is actually the problem and making things more chaotic and resource expensive to try and work through mechanics that don't work. Have not seen a single note saying "they will now only need to be interrupted once, a army of bashers will no longer be required on each and every clone"... Or "we limited the meteors to not target the same person more than once every 10 seconds"... Or even "the clones will now show a red circle instead of bash lines when they start the nova ability"

Have 2 people in a casual guild that do progression runs and the like... When they saw the new notes? "well, guess pugging any HrC is now out of the question"

Well... Guess that means that base game players will now have a challenging trial as well... Wonder what horrors they have in store for AA and SO...
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make it so those meteors don't all stack on the group, have the tank and healer not standing directly on the group, they will get the meteors instead.
    #MOREORBS
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    There were other changes to Yokeda Kai as well. The clones do not last as long and are not a focus to burn down as they can't be killed. We encourage everyone to play it and give us feedback on the changes.
    Staff Post
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xStaticx wrote: »
    Every group I do this trial with always just skips the top boss anyway. Will this also be fixed?
    Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.

You can skip right without wiping.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

Thanks Finn, glad to see these changes, I hate when groups insists on skipping things.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The big change would be to make top equal to difficulty as the bottom. You can do the bottom with no healer, low dps, average tank. Top? You need people to know what to do. Hell I would say excluding HM top is harder than the final boss. So smoothing them out would make the trial seem less punishing in pugs and more of a progression experience.
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Why the sudden interest in Hel Ra Citadel?
    This change seems very strange indeed. It's not really related to the OP's feedback at all and instead the new Yokeda Storm mechanic is there to reduce the time the right-side group has to wait whilst dead if they wipe during their fight. The reason players couldn't kill the shades of Kai was the lower on health they got the more resistances the shades were given, making the shades at 20% practically indestructible.

The Wolfhunter DLC introduced many of the problems with Kai, including enemies using abilities multiple times in a row, however that wasn't something confined to HRC.

Can also look at:

Veteran Hel Ra Citadel - Gargoyle: Petrying Bellow stunning before animation
    Veteran Hel Ra Citadel - Yokeda Rok’dun: Welwa respawns after boss dies
    Veteran Hel Ra Citadel - Final door to last boss triggers an infinite loading screen
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    So.... Has anyone that is willing and able to download the pts tried this new version?

Been search the forums, reddit and google but not seen anyone make any remarks on this. Nor that the devs are planning a live stream of this. Racial change seems to have taken the lime light here... Or the changes are inconsequential and not worth mentioning...

Edit
    Over 12 hours later and just ended up with no response from anyone that have tried it... Neither here or on reddit
    Edited by Mygalomorpea on February 13, 2019 3:22AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sweet. This should make this glitchy nightmare even worse. In the last week, I've seen the lower boss regen all its health after being under 20%, the top boss split into adds and not respond to bashing, the top boss go back to bombing meteors every second, players get blasted into walls with no way out, an entire group wipe on the gargoyles/flame shapers before entering the final boss citadel because the horn mechanic activated out of nowhere (as in nobody was near the horn, it sounded on its own, everyone died) and then not have the ability to resurrect. Not to mention everyone's favorite, the destroyers on the path to the top 9-iron people off the citadel altogether, leaving the only way to get back into the run to DC and rejoin the group as there is no way to resurrect, port to the beginning, or travel to a player.

The reason people skipped the top is because we were tired of the never-ending, and since Murkmire, worse glitches in this trial. I would count myself among the players who enjoy harder content. The top boss, when working properly, is a great fight. In its current state, its not. In fact, I'd say I now expect a minimum of 30% of Hel Ra runs will end in a glitch and restart.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glitch is present (had seen it myself) but this skiping boss and just wait for stam group to finish so we can
    go from their side must stop,even in normal HRC ppl dont know how to deal with boss and we have to explain oven and over
    vet HRC: nightmare,almost 70-80% of mag groups get wiped and just wait for other team to open door
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    glitch is present (had seen it myself) but this skiping boss and just wait for stam group to finish so we can
    go from their side must stop,even in normal HRC ppl dont know how to deal with boss and we have to explain oven and over
    vet HRC: nightmare,almost 70-80% of mag groups get wiped and just wait for other team to open door

I wholeheartedly agree with you. But, that feeling assumes the fight is what is intended. Not what it is a good portion of the time. Its one thing to not be able to do it because you are not very good. Its another to fail because you can't possibly win to begin with. Not saying that skipping was all because of the glitches, but they glitches are a big reason why.

I am 100% behind them making the top boss un-skippable. But only under the condition they fix the trial to make it playable all of the time, not just some of the time, on the right day, when its not a full moon.