Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HRC Yokeda Kai (Right side boss)

Zewoh
Zewoh
✭✭
So i'm just wondering when this will be addressed/fixed? Meteors every 2 seconds, sometimes even every second. Not to mention that they are killing some max cp players without vamp through block + psjic shield. Nova's happening twice as fast sometimes right after one has just finished the nova they will start another one which again will sometimes hit someone stood outside the circle. Not to mention that then channel sometimes takes 3 bashes to interrupt and then they will sometimes start to channel immediately after.

I understand the fight is not an easy one, but i have lead this trial upwards of 200+ times and it has never ever been like this until this patch, how are newer raiders meant to learn this fight if it is so buggy? Multiple times i have received the question as a leader "I don't understand, what am i doing wrong?" and the only reply i can give is "Oh yes that side is bugged" to then be asked "Well what can i do?" to which my reply would be "Hope the meteor doesn't kill you through block and you only have to bash once". How is that an environment to learn? I have had people coming to me as a leader saying they don't want to come if we are going vHRC. So i am to limit what raids people can do because of bugs? Or do i lose raiders who have been with me for a long long time?

I hope you will at least look into this and give it some acknowledgement because sure "top raid guilds can do it" i'm not leading a top raid guild i'm leading training groups where people cannot learn, and even then i have multiple people with tick tock coming to me saying don't put newer people in there its too hard, I don't think people with vHoF no death speed HM should be saying right side HRC is hard...
Edited by Zewoh on September 10, 2018 3:28PM
  • VirusOfBeauty
    VirusOfBeauty
    ✭✭✭
    well it is rather ridiculous. I did it on my dd last week and I had meteors dropping on my head every 2 seconds. My stamdk was completely out of stamina without even using any damage skills after half a minute :(

It seems like all the mechanics are on steroids and more than twice the normal speed. The time between splitting into adds is now so short, that you barely get a few % off his health. With an unexperienced group that is still learning, it takes ages to kill him and that's if you're lucky enough with the meteor bugs
    Mother Hen of Chilled Explorers Dailies (PC EU Guild)
  • Zewoh
    Zewoh
    ✭✭
    well it is rather ridiculous. I did it on my dd last week and I had meteors dropping on my head every 2 seconds. My stamdk was completely out of stamina without even using any damage skills after half a minute :(

It seems like all the mechanics are on steroids and more than twice the normal speed. The time between splitting into adds is now so short, that you barely get a few % off his health. With an unexperienced group that is still learning, it takes ages to kill him and that's if you're lucky enough with the meteor bugs

Exactly my point, even if you manage to do some dps you have to pray that even though you've done everything right the bug doesnt just go no you know what you die now

I've seen people who have done that fight perfect and deathless now die 10+ times there
  • PhnxZ
    PhnxZ
    ✭✭
    Yeah, this is crazy - I run a progression guild just starting the vet craglorn trials. We can do AA no problem but the right side mage boss in HRC is impossible in its current state.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Zewoh
    Zewoh
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update or acknowledgment of this would be nice?
  • MuMuQ
    MuMuQ
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that this is still broken. :neutral:
    PC EU | DK/Necro Tank
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group can burn every other boss in this without any trouble and with nearly zero deaths. But this one has been unbeatable so far, with multiple group configurations and strategies. The immediate splitting right when you get the ads down is probably the worst. We've taken to giving it a few attempts and then just skipping it and moving on to the next boss if it doesn't work.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this bugged boss and the reason why you're getting more meteors and impulses is because the flameshapers are up way longer due to a health bug, I used to be able to burn a flameshaper add in under 5 seconds and now it takes me about 20 seconds due to the bug this amplifies the time the flameshaper can do mechanics. We've found a couple of workarounds in either sending a tank top and either a night blade with shades or a petsorc too, when the boss splits the pets will run to the real boss allowing the tank to pull away the mirrors so dps can focus the real boss all the tank has to do is taunt and spam deep breath to interrupt. The other way is the tank taunts all of them including the main boss and stacks everything in the alcove where the boss spawns allowing all of them to be aoed down quickly with ultimates. I'd rather they fixed it but yeah they didn't even acknowledge my thread below
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431928/vhrc-top-boss-bug-new-bug#latest
    Edited by SienneYviete on September 13, 2018 6:31AM
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Zewoh
    Zewoh
    ✭✭
    I made a thread about this bugged boss and the reason why you're getting more meteors and impulses is because the flameshapers are up way longer due to a health bug, I used to be able to burn a flameshaper add in under 5 seconds and now it takes me about 20 seconds due to the bug this amplifies the time the flameshaper can do mechanics. We've found a couple of workarounds in either sending a tank top and either a night blade with shades or a petsorc too, when the boss splits the pets will run to the real boss allowing the tank to pull away the mirrors so dps can focus the real boss all the tank has to do is taunt and spam deep breath to interrupt. The other way is the tank taunts all of them including the main boss and stacks everything in the alcove where the boss spawns allowing all of them to be aoed down quickly with ultimates. I'd rather they fixed it but yeah they didn't even acknowledge my thread below
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431928/vhrc-top-boss-bug-new-bug#latest

Yeah we are doing the stacking too but as well the meteors are doing too much damage we have noticed, i say an 18k health DD die through block and the psjic shied.

It's been like this for a while now tbf, i just wish we had some acknowledgement that its being looked into
  • VirusOfBeauty
    VirusOfBeauty
    ✭✭✭

yeah those ideas work, but you still need a group that is capable of doing this. I made a recording for one of my blooper videos a few days ago and you can see 6 meteors hitting in less than 1 second, which is a bit over the top imo. When it gets to situations like this, you need people with good damage, good sustain and survivability. We always used the craglorn trials in our open training runs to teach people the basics of trials and unfortunately we can't do that with vHRC anymore. We can only take our experienced people there unless we skip this bugged boss and that shouldn't be necessary
    Mother Hen of Chilled Explorers Dailies (PC EU Guild)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    We are currently looking into these reports, sorry that wasn't communicated earlier.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • GoddessExile
    GoddessExile
    ✭✭
    I've a been a healer for this fight since game release, with mutliple groups of experienced and inexpericened players, But recently the fight for this boss, outcomes in total carnage!!!, when the boss splits the sheer amount of damage you need to out heal is intense, whilst playing and dancing the constant falling metoeros, then once the adds are down there is literally no time to damage the main boss, im talking seconds and he splits again, the only damage the boss takes is when the split occurs and a DD is on the boss version, it would be a nightmare to even consider completing this boss and getting a score run in its current state, new players learing arent able to progress and are left dumbfounded and defeated. please look into this thank you kindly.
    Founder & GM The Camel Smugglers Trade Guild.

Need something smuggled? just ask .... after we are done, this conversation never took place
  • Zewoh
    Zewoh
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    We are currently looking into these reports, sorry that wasn't communicated earlier.

Thanks a lot! Just getting acknowledgment that the problem is being looked into is awesome and enough to settle my mind!! Thanks for all the work you guys do i know its not easy!
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The left side wasn't right either - if that group wiped whilst the other side was in combat, you would not be able to release until the other fight was done, but the real kicker was the boss would not respawn either. Causes a few problems when you need to kill him to open the door to progress...

This was last seen a a few months back - not sure if it's fixed yet.
  • Zewoh
    Zewoh
    ✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    The left side wasn't right either - if that group wiped whilst the other side was in combat, you would not be able to release until the other fight was done, but the real kicker was the boss would not respawn either. Causes a few problems when you need to kill him to open the door to progress...

This has been fixed for a while now and the whole not being able to res while other group is fighting is not a bug honestly, youre so close to each other that you enter their combat so as long as they fight youre in combat
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zewoh wrote: »
    aeowulf wrote: »

This has been fixed for a while now and the whole not being able to res while other group is fighting is not a bug honestly, youre so close to each other that you enter their combat so as long as they fight youre in combat

Not sure what the other player was experiencing, but even with the other side out of combat the upper party was unable to rez. So the only work around was to kick a player from the party, they get back into the party, use the portal, go through the right hand door and rez the rest of the players. Hoping that someone didn't go afk or that the boss doesn't aggro. Occasionally if the bottom party wiped as well this would happen.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PhnxZ wrote: »
    Yeah, this is crazy - I run a progression guild just starting the vet craglorn trials. We can do AA no problem but the right side mage boss in HRC is impossible in its current state.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

ive run this about 20-30 times ib my gametime i reacon - when i ran it last week (the first time in a while) - it was much harder than i ever remembered before.... in fact it was ridiculous - its never been like that before. Something has changed

there is now zero time between adds destro and boss - the aeo/fire/meteor is nuts , the interupts are insane and theres about 4 one shot mechanics

ps - the group i run with completes vMOL for fun and regularly vMOL HM - its definitely not a ltp issue! Glad to see we’re not the only ones
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Can also confirm whatever has been done to the right side boss mech it’s insane . Double meteors , constant interrupts needed even at early stages , more than I ve ever seen before . If you look at lb for this week scores are well down as lesser groups are either wiping or giving up on improving scores after doing 1 run .
  • PhnxZ
    PhnxZ
    ✭✭
    Any updates on this @ZOS_Finn ?
  • PhnxZ
    PhnxZ
    ✭✭
    Any updates @ZOS_Finn ?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any update @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn anyone? ZOS_Bueller?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn anyone? @ZOS_Bueller?
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    The patch notes for Wrathstone have these two notes which are designed to address this feedback as well as the overall design of the fight.

• Yokeda Kai's clones can no longer be attacked and do not last as long when summoned, though they still must be interrupted during the encounter. Their health bar is also now gold to indicate they are invulnerable.
    • Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.

I encourage everyone to play the PTS and let us know what you think.

Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes for Wrathstone have these two notes which are designed to address this feedback as well as the overall design of the fight.

• Yokeda Kai's clones can no longer be attacked and do not last as long when summoned, though they still must be interrupted during the encounter. Their health bar is also now gold to indicate they are invulnerable.
    • Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.

Thanks!

@ZOS_Finn

When you say they can no longer be attacked does this mean that a ranged interrupt like Crushing Shock will not work and they must be physically bashed?
    Edited by Feric51 on January 29, 2019 7:20PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Thanks!

@ZOS_Finn

When you say they can no longer be attacked does this mean that a ranged interrupt like Crushing Shock will not work and they must be physically bashed?

I think he explained it, albeit poorly. If they have gold health, then it's like other boss fights where immunity is present, meaning they can be still be targeted by stuff. It would have been more accurate to say they cannot be damaged. Crushing should work.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 29, 2019 11:49PM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else seeing the ways this can bug out? Big one I see - One boss being engaged one side then the other starts rushing through to the other sides boss, making a forced wipe on both sides due to add overload while? Easily possible if the dps of the 2 sides aren't balanced.

Seeing as how engage happy mobs are in trials of late that is a very, very real possibility.

Also hope that the spawned immortal mobs are no longer confused about which ability they cast. Is it the Aoe pulse or flame barrage ability? If they are still confused about it and bashing doesn't work properly then the change won't mean as much.

But maybe the increase down time between clones will actually give healers a chance to recover their resources before the fight goes to Hel Ra again, and allow lower dps groups to clear the fight in a reasonable time (under a hour)
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    As mentioned, yes, the clones are attackable, they just take no damage. You can hit them with any abilities that normally target monsters.
    Staff Post
  • xStaticx
    xStaticx
    ✭✭✭
    Every group I do this trial with always just skips the top boss anyway. Will this also be fixed?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xStaticx wrote: »
    Every group I do this trial with always just skips the top boss anyway. Will this also be fixed?
    Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn How would this work if the rightside group doesn´t pull their boss at all? Can't wipe if you simply don't engage in combat. Just wait for leftside group to finish and pass through their gate.