The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shuffle dodges rune cage

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
Is that intended? Because that is OP
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counterplay

Lol
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counterplay

Lol

Yes because major evasion doing the dodging for you is counterplay lol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, this is intended since Rune Cage can be dodged.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they changed it from completly broken OP skill to completly broken useless skill.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is pretty broken, it's not even usable and the justification for nerfing frag was to buff rune cage, now it is even worse than it was in the beginning, and both skills are ruined.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me the Stam blade population is about to double
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not just Shuffle. Minor/Major Evasion as a whole. Other sources of it.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great another nerf to sorc with no counter buff. The class is getting very vanilla every patch. Being able to break free was the issue, this was a knee jerk fix.
    Edited by antihero727 on August 13, 2018 2:27PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BuffSorcs
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defensive rune is meant to counter nightblades, rip defensive rune. There is now no reason to choose defensive rune over rune cage as defensive rune can be used on a npc
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 13, 2018 2:55PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leased it cant be reflected. try playing a magden and using frost reach to CC.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's garbage. It just rewards lucky players
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically this is a huge buff to stamNB's. They can now shuffle runecage, and sloads. Unless youre a stam user with shuffle/dodge youre basically still screwed. Thats awesome zenimax, time to close down magica classes maybe?
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mwa, ha, ha, haaaaaaa!!!!

My Spectre's Eye set just got a buff!!

:trollface:
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leased it cant be reflected. try playing a magden and using frost reach to CC.

They said new adjustments are coming to rune-cage..this might be the one.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have the dogeable, blockable, clearly telegraphed frag stun back?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #sorclivesmatter2018!!!
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...

We only have one, if you're talking about flame reach, it is only viable if you have a master's staff
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only counter I ever wanted to Rune Cage was to be able to reliably break free from it, but that's too tall of an order.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically this is a huge buff to stamNB's. They can now shuffle runecage, and sloads. Unless youre a stam user with shuffle/dodge youre basically still screwed. Thats awesome zenimax, time to close down magica classes maybe?

There still will be magica NBs out there performing quite effectively. But guess what - Stamina NB is getting extremely powerful - mostly due to mixing cloak into the build, ZOS will try to balance cloak, and here is when magica-NB will disappear. Then you can call magica builds extinct.

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We only have one, if you're talking about flame reach, it is only viable if you have a master's staff

yes Im talking about flame reach, and it still stuns (knockback) your target. At least it did for me yesterday. And shock works too. If you want the 5 sec runecage lock, it HAD to go. It was not healthy at all, and it still isnt, because if youre not set up to rely on dodge, you will still be locked down. So gg nightblades and wtf devs were you thinking about giving ONE class this huge buff?
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes Im talking about flame reach, and it still stuns (knockback) your target. At least it did for me yesterday. And shock works too. If you want the 5 sec runecage lock, it HAD to go. It was not healthy at all, and it still isnt, because if youre not set up to rely on dodge, you will still be locked down. So gg nightblades and wtf devs were you thinking about giving ONE class this huge buff?

Yeah but you're not counting fear and fossilize which act same as rune cage. Through block and roll dodge and have no counter at all.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So major evasion should have more skills ignoring it? Hmmm :s

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol :D:D:D
    Now it will be completely useless.
    In PTS I thought it was about dodge roll only.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So your comparing a class skill to a weapon skill everyone can have? It’s still a generic skill that pigeon holes sorcs even further to all being the same build.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

lol :D:D:D
    Now it will be completely useless.
    In PTS I thought it was about dodge roll only.

No, of course not. ZOS does nerfs thoroughly, even if they felt that a class needed buffs 3 months before.

There are countless threads on the PTS about it. Enjoy your stamNB buff.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but you're not counting fear and fossilize which act same as rune cage. Through block and roll dodge and have no counter at all.

Fozzilise a sorc and he will still streak away. Fear you break free of. I dont find these skills too hard to deal with. Whats not acceptable is the fact ONE class gets the tools to avoid cage and sloads. That means I can still happily sload away all classes except stamNB. I can also still lock any non stamNB class into my cage. THAT is the problem here. NO counterskill should be given effectively to ONE class. Thats just ***. And magclasses are screwed again.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fozzilise a sorc and he will still streak away. Fear you break free of. I dont find these skills too hard to deal with. Whats not acceptable is the fact ONE class gets the tools to avoid cage and sloads. That means I can still happily sload away all classes except stamNB. I can also still lock any non stamNB class into my cage. THAT is the problem here. NO counterskill should be given effectively to ONE class. Thats just ***. And magclasses are screwed again.

Fossilize isn’t Talons.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So your comparing a class skill to a weapon skill everyone can have? It’s still a generic skill that pigeon holes sorcs even further to all being the same build.

I thought the pigeon hole was runecage? Forgive me if I am wrong. I dont really understand you, you want a third stun? How many classes has two effective stuns available? Im not gonna follow this road anyway, as I feel as a sorc a runecage nerf was needed. HOWEVER the way it is handled by zos is pathetic. What should be a nerf is instead a buff to nightblaes. And NB's exclusively.