The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Shuffle dodges rune cage

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fozzilise a sorc and he will still streak away. Fear you break free of. I dont find these skills too hard to deal with. Whats not acceptable is the fact ONE class gets the tools to avoid cage and sloads. That means I can still happily sload away all classes except stamNB. I can also still lock any non stamNB class into my cage. THAT is the problem here. NO counterskill should be given effectively to ONE class. Thats just ***. And magclasses are screwed again.

Sorry but last time i check every class can dodge roll, and anyone running medium armor has access to major evasion for shuffle. So explain me why the stamblades get a magic counter to rune cage that other class doesn't have?

About sloads you are right, cloak is a good counter now that it works agaisnt it, but the problem there is not cloak, is sloads :disappointed:
    Yeah but you're not counting fear and fossilize which act same as rune cage. Through block and roll dodge and have no counter at all.

Fear 6mts range, rune cage 28mts range (plus extra range on cyrodill). And while fossilize is similar to runecage, that class toolkit doesn't synergy with the ranged CC as the sorc does.

We only have one, if you're talking about flame reach, it is only viable if you have a master's staff

False. The master staff is good if you want to use clench as a spammable DPS. But you can simple replace runecage with clench, keep using force pulse as spammable DPS and take advatange of having 5+5+2. Depending on the build, you can benefit more of having 5+5+2 than having the master staff.

Edited by ManDraKE on August 13, 2018 3:08PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People talking like it's only stamNB's that run shuffle, which is available and used by all medium armour builds :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Can we please have the dogeable, blockable, clearly telegraphed frag stun back?

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...

We only have one, if you're talking about flame reach, it is only viable if you have a master's staff

yes Im talking about flame reach, and it still stuns (knockback) your target. At least it did for me yesterday. And shock works too. If you want the 5 sec runecage lock, it HAD to go. It was not healthy at all, and it still isnt, because if youre not set up to rely on dodge, you will still be locked down. So gg nightblades and wtf devs were you thinking about giving ONE class this huge buff?

Yeah but you're not counting fear and fossilize which act same as rune cage. Through block and roll dodge and have no counter at all.

Fozzilise a sorc and he will still streak away. Fear you break free of. I dont find these skills too hard to deal with. Whats not acceptable is the fact ONE class gets the tools to avoid cage and sloads. That means I can still happily sload away all classes except stamNB. I can also still lock any non stamNB class into my cage. THAT is the problem here. NO counterskill should be given effectively to ONE class. Thats just ***. And magclasses are screwed again.

Fossilize isn’t Talons.

I know. And I still streak away. Yes I will be locked inside it but with magDK's mobility it takes 4 strikes and he will never be able to get to me anyway. When Im fozzilized I streak.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    People talking like it's only stamNB's that run shuffle, which is available and used by all medium armour builds :lol:

Let me guess, you're a stamNB main aren't you.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...

yes Im talking about flame reach, and it still stuns (knockback) your target. At least it did for me yesterday. And shock works too. If you want the 5 sec runecage lock, it HAD to go. It was not healthy at all, and it still isnt, because if youre not set up to rely on dodge, you will still be locked down. So gg nightblades and wtf devs were you thinking about giving ONE class this huge buff?

You dont main a sorc, so how about you not talk about sorc? Thank you.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many stam characters are not NBs though these days? The odd Stamplar and StamWarden, and a few stubborn stamDKs and stamSorcs, but that’s about it.

Besides, magNB got an extra with Blur as well.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

You dont main a sorc, so how about you not talk about sorc? Thank you.

I main a sorc, thank you.
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title says Shuffle and everyone's talking about NB getting buffed. Last I checked, everyone has access to that skill. Am I missing something?

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The nightblade bias is deafening. It's like the devs open up the console and type in "tgm" for nightblades while all the other classes get *** on.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When you aren't aware that shuffle is a skill under the medium armor skill line.

How embarrassing.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, medium armor got a buff ;)
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

When you aren't aware that shuffle is a skill under the medium armor skill line.

How embarrassing.

He's not wrong seeing that running medium is suicide for anything but nightblades and masochist.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

Well, considering populations it is. But maybe it’s a stamDK buff as well, and ZOS finally heard these. What do you think @Ragnarock41 ? :)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade for all!
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just one more reason out of a thousand why I never PVP.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

The embarrasment is when you use shuffle on anything other than a stamNB. Maybe, maybe it could work on a stamWarden....
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

The embarrasment is when you use shuffle on anything other than a stamNB. Maybe, maybe it could work on a stamWarden....

Stamplar, medium stam sorc
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

How embarrassing.

He's not wrong seeing that running medium is suicide for anything but nightblades and masochist.

If you want shuffle, you need to slot 5 pieces of medium armor. Anyone can choose to do this at any time. ALL classes have easy access to it. So he is wrong.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

Well, considering populations it is. But maybe it’s a stamDK buff as well, and ZOS finally heard these. What do you think @Ragnarock41 ? :)

Stam nightblades are a dying breed on Xbox NA. Sorcs of both stam and mag dominate the pvp population on my platform/server
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

How about a Nightblade that doesn't use cloak? :wink:
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

If you want shuffle, you need to slot 5 pieces of medium armor. Anyone can choose to do this at any time. ALL classes have easy access to it. So he is wrong.

If you slot 5 pieces medium armour on anything than a stamNB youre a freshly picked potato and spend your time in cyrodiil /z lfg. I dont know any competent non NB's using shuffle. Some patches ago when it wasnt 5 pieces exclusive, all did.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

Stam nightblades are a dying breed on Xbox NA. Sorcs of both stam and mag dominate the pvp population on my platform/server

Well on a controller I can imagine how much harder it is to play a stam character

HOWEVER, on PC stam does better than magicka because of how agile they are
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

Lol.
    So how your stamNB is doing?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

Well on a controller I can imagine how much harder it is to play a stam character

HOWEVER, on PC stam does better than magicka because of how agile they are

Yea im sure that different platforms/servers have different class population numbers in PvP. Our experiences will vary based on where/what we play on.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is intended since Rune Cage can be dodged.

That is pretty broken, it's not even usable and the justification for nerfing frag was to buff rune cage, now it is even worse than it was in the beginning, and both skills are ruined.

It's ruined because you have to cast it twice? Major Evasion passively dodges ults all the time, but because it dodges your long range CC it's broken OP? Incredible.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How embarrassing.

So much misinformation.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

How embarrassing.

Stamplar, medium stam sorc

ye right. Now give me that OP build and a reliable source of it working on those 2 classes running shuffle, cause I dont know any classes except stamNB who would run shuffle and still be effective to anything other than trying to run away
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

lol :D:D:D
    Now it will be completely useless.
    In PTS I thought it was about dodge roll only.

No, of course not. ZOS does nerfs thoroughly, even if they felt that a class needed buffs 3 months before.

There are countless threads on the PTS about it. Enjoy your stamNB buff.

oh that's for sure :)
    My stamina nb alt will very much enjoy it B)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

That is pretty broken, it's not even usable and the justification for nerfing frag was to buff rune cage, now it is even worse than it was in the beginning, and both skills are ruined.

It's ruined because you have to cast it twice? Major Evasion passively dodges ults all the time, but because it dodges your long range CC it's broken OP? Incredible.

Well fear and fossilize cant be dodged by shuffle, just saying
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me guess, you're a stamNB main aren't you.
    @MinarasLaure

PvP wise I'm a MagSorc, when I do run StamNB it's a heavy armour build.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 13, 2018 3:24PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS