The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some suggestions regarding Cyrodiil/Imperial city.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Look at GTA online. One of the successful game . They allow max of 500 gold loot in open PVP , that too only if you consent to fight. Not entire half.

This is a really funny comparison to make. GTAO is far more griefer enabling than ESO's IC Tel Var. Yes, you can't lose significant chunks of cash in open-world PvP in GTAO. You can't lose gold, writ vouchers, earned AP, transmute crystals, or banked Tel Var in ESO either. The majority of the game play added since summer 2016 is their open world missions, in which mid mission the entire map is informed (and given a nice marker) to come kill you, in many scenarios you are stuck in a slow vehicle while opponents can use anything they feel like; and you can lose everything while others have minimal gain. Every time you go into IC, there's a banker there.
    pieratsos wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    DocDova wrote: »

See. Experienced players are real cancer for this game. All they want is to loot tel-vars from lower CPs players. Gankers always wait for at entrance of opposite entrance just for stealing telvars from lower level players. They wont allow any changes to this. PVP is a joke. In the end imperial city is complete failure. Who cares ? I dont see any new players going to imperial city. Of course no will go because of these. They wont allow any meaningful changes to make. So, called experienced players only care about themselves and their fat leaching from lower level players. No cares who is playing and leaving !! Good luck with selfish players & ZOs support their fat leaching !!!

Right, I did notice Tel-vars disappearing, So they were going to those guys who were attacking me ? That changes things. Concept of getting loot from engine enemies is acceptable but human players attacking and killing other human players for sake of some in game currency, Wouldn't be acceptable in any civilized society.

Come on, there has to be some kind of moral guidelines for developers, I don't recommend as strict moral guidelines as I apply on myself to any not willing person, But that's too low. Allowing players to attack other human players to loot their in game currency. There is nothing which could make me OK with that.

Look at GTA online. One of the successful game . They allow max of 500 gold loot in open PVP , that too only if you consent to fight. Not entire half. Many successful games PVP environment are designed that way. ZOs game designers have no clue how to develop a PVP environment. These max CP noobs, calling themselves self proclaimed Pros , misguiding ZOs what good for themselves not the game or other players. They never have any concern about gaming community or game health. Literally Imperial city is meant for max cp. Others *** off. No wornder sewers & imperial city is always empty except few gankers at opposite entrances. ZOs should listen to everyone. Atleast they should learn to look at other successful games.
    Experience players are real cancerous tumor for this game dont allow ZOs to fix game design to get this comparable with skyrim or other legendary games. ZOs only making this cancerous tumor grow large.

You do realise that there is a no CP campaign too right?

No CP does not disable legendary gear bonus and skill point bonus.

Wut? So what exactly do u want. Content to fight naked without skills?

I dont want anything. Lets all leach new players and drive them out of the game. Trust me I am no different. I dont give anything when ZOs doesn't care. Experience players are cancerous tumor which includes myself.

I've been playing since the game became buy2play and PVPing for over a year now. I guess I'm a cancerous tumor who needs to be,
    surgically removed from the game so that new players can live.

WTF?

Of course . Other gaming community has compassion for fellow players. They have guidelines which they feel something is not right. I know in one game with similar mechanics, senior players wont attack lower level players when do certain activity. All that lower level player have to do is hold the rifle up. Player just leave the lower level player to complete his activity . After all he also pays the money to play that game. Its just common guideline among player community even though game allows to exploit lower level players.

ESO player community is worst player community I ever come across in the online gaming world as far I know. I also play other games and know other player community. Thats why I say this in certainty. Every game mechanics is adjusted to their liking. 2000g for skyreach run , 4000g for veteran run ? 500g for WB run ? You are asking me wtf ? I can give many examples. This acceptable way of playing a game in ESO. ZOs is feeding this cancer.

Cancerous tumor in ESO what they do you know, they will directly go to opponent alliance base bully lower level players as if they are only one who paid money to play this game. Some people only purpose at max cp is to bully lower level players in PVP especially telvars . Bullying is worst in ESO. Just because they leveled up and started playing early. If you do that yes, you are destroying the game like a cancer within. You are not only one who paid money to play the game. You are stealing his money by literally bullying him just because you are more experienced than him in the game. New player has same and equal right as you to play the game without getting bullied.
    I leave it to your judgement. If you think bullying is acceptable way of playing the game lets everyone do it. Lets go opponent base kill lower level players and steal. Why not ?

Word of advice: If your actual problem is with experienced players that prey on inexperienced/low-level players by ganking them right outside their home base or specifically targeting the low levels or constantly rolling in the low-level campaigns with obviously experienced characters or who duel at level 10 in golded out gear...

Just say so in the first place. Most of us agree that people who deliberately go for lowbies/inexperienced players are jerks.

Don't go all "Experienced players are cancer! PVPers are bullies!"

Because I've been helped enormously by experienced players. It was experienced players in my PVP guild who took me under their wing and helped me learn to PVP. I appreciate experienced players like Joy-Division who take their knowledge and write guides to help other people to learn to enjoy the game. I've done my best to help pass along the help I received.

Here's my advice: PVP in ESO takes grit. You are going to die. If you want to PVP, you have to rez up and keep trying. I've been that level 48 who walked out the home base door and got ganked. Rezzed up, went up to the districts instead. No one is going to respect your low-level or obvious noobness (its not that obvious) or your obvious "I'm just here on a quest!" vibes (because nothing of the sort exists.)

If you can't handle dying to other players, sometimes in ways you think are unfair or unsporting - talk to me about lag in Cyrodiil sometime - PVP in ESO is not going to be your cup of tea. It just isn't. Players killing you isn't bullying (unless its again and again in a clear pattern of harassment - you throwing yourself at them repeatedly is you being farmed). Learn to die with grace, learn to pick yourself up and think about what you could have done differently, and move on with your own objective...those are the skills you need to stick with PVP. Blaming the other guy for "picking on you" because they're so much better is the sort of attitude that makes PVP much less enjoyable.

PVP has a high learning curve. I know this - I had the same learning curve when I started because I sucked at PVP. What helped me was 1. Knowing I was going to die because I honestly sucked due to inexperience and thus wanting to rez up and keep going, and 2. Finding experienced players willing to help me learn to become better at PVP.

If you want to PVP, find your grit, and rez up and keep going when you die. Find experienced players that can help you.
    If you don't want to PVP, that's fine! Quit insulting those of us who do because we enjoy something you dislike.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to PVP, find your grit, and rez up and keep going when you die. Find experienced players that can help you.
    If you don't want to PVP, that's fine! Quit insulting those of us who do because we enjoy something you dislike.

Don't be obtuse. He doesn't want to PVP at all. Like so many of us, he wants to PVE but he keeps getting attacked by experienced PVP players who are geared for PVP and know what they are doing in PVP. This interferes with him doing PVE. The fundamental problem with IC is that it is about rewarding PVP players preying on PVE players who are not geared for PVP and don't want to PVP in the first place. It's disgusting and the OP is absolutely right. The sooner we get a PVE only version of IC the sooner a lot of people are going to become very much happier. Only those who get pleasure from making others miserable will complain.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be obtuse. He doesn't want to PVP at all. Like so many of us, he wants to PVE but he keeps getting attacked by experienced PVP players who are geared for PVP and know what they are doing in PVP. This interferes with him doing PVE. The fundamental problem with IC is that it is about rewarding PVP players preying on PVE players who are not geared for PVP and don't want to PVP in the first place. It's disgusting and the OP is absolutely right. The sooner we get a PVE only version of IC the sooner a lot of people are going to become very much happier. Only those who get pleasure from making others miserable will complain.

Here's my suggestions for an PVE version of the Imperial City from the1st page of the thread. This sound good to you?
    The Imperial City is a mixed PVE/PVP zone. The reward of the extra Tel Var currency and the stuff you can buy with it is only because fd the extra risk of PVP.

Here's my suggestion for Imperial City Story mode (separate from doing the quest with PVP enabled). You are set to PVE-only, cannot be attacked and cannot attack players in turn. You gain no Tel Var, cannot get achievements other than the main quest ones, cannot open chests, and reward limited quest rewards compared to those who did it with PVP enabled.

Basically, if you aren't willing to assume the risk of playing the Imperial City as designed, you get very little reward, but aren't locked out of the quest content.

Or, you could do what I did and complete the main quest on a dead empty campaign. I don't think I saw a single player.

Basically strip out the Tel Var and other rewards and non-main quest achievements because all of those are a reward for the risk of PVP. No risk, no additional reward.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though I am sure this is going to sound insane to some people, But as there is clear conflict of interest for me I am going to say it anyways.

Can there be an option for players to enter these areas under no alliance's banner, which should mean they can't hurt other players, other players can't hurt them. There are lot of quests and exploration to be done in those area and not everyone entering there want to have PvP silliness. I would have understand it's PvP area if there were no exploration/quests/exclusive loots, So people like myself who has zero interest in PvP would have to enter there and any imbecile would come with his group and take me down. I have no interest in taking over aresa or stealing their silly scrolls, I just wanna complete some quests, get skyshards, get exclusive loot (like rune stone) and be done with it. Why I have to part of silly PvP of immature gamer ?

I chose an alliance because I had to chose one in order to create a player, I didn't sign up for childish PvP. So IMO there should be an option to enter these area under no banner, where one can enter under white flag just for classic old school RPG questing/exploration/rewards. If developers wanted those areas exclusively for PvP activities then they shouldn't have made exclusive loot there.

I wanna hunt down some daedra in imperial city instead I am being ganged up by bunch of players hidden in shadows waiting for some innocent little explorer to come so they can torment him/her. Game should encourage PvP don't enforce it, Some gamers are grown ups who just wanna play their game instead of ruining other's game.

I got 0 intrest in anything pve, quest, or grinding related. Only in cyrodil. I still have to do dungeons and other BS just to get my gear for cyro.

TBH I wouldn't care if there was a cyro zone just for pve players to run around in and quest and all that but I also think it would only be fair if all sets in the game were purchasable with AP, even at a high cost. It would save the poor guys in group finder the trouble of having to carry me through content and save me hours that make me regret playing the game.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 21, 2018 12:47PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is a mixed PVE/PVP zone. The reward of the extra Tel Var currency and the stuff you can buy with it is only because od the extra risk of PVP.

Here's my suggestion for Imperial City Story mode (separate from doing the quest with PVP enabled). You are set to PVE-only, cannot be attacked and cannot attack players in turn. You gain no Tel Var, cannot get achievements other than the main quest ones, cannot open chests, and reward limited quest rewards compared to those who did it with PVP enabled.

Basically, if you aren't willing to assume the risk of playing the Imperial City as designed, you get very little reward, but aren't locked out of the quest content.

Or, you could do what I did and complete the main quest on a dead empty campaign. I don't think I saw a single player.

I would love it if there were an option to enter IC as a pve zone. I would gladly give up tel-var if it meant I could enter IC without being ganked. Some of the best pve storyline quests are in IC and they area is so immersive ... well except when you get ganked.

If tel var were the trade-off, fine ... I don't care ... I wish I had the option to destroy tel var as it accumulated in my inventory (I really do). Nothing would be more satisfying than knowing my ganker got zero tel var stones from me. They could gank me all they want, and I would just keep smiling knowing that my dealth was a waste of their time.

Anyway, back on topic .. so, under this trade-off, IC pve'ers would get gold instead of tel var stones. Open a chest ... you get gold (plus whatever non-tel-var items drop from that chest). Kill a mob or boss ... you get gold (in addition to whatever else normally drops).

Obviously, when in pve-mode, nothing you do would trigger or count toward a pvp achievement. And, just like any other pve zone, you can't 'killl' another player unless you are in a duel with them. When in pve-mode, standing on a District Flag won't do anything (obviously). District flag guards would act indifferent to the pve'ers (no matter the alliance), and would be considered 'friendlies' ... and, while in IC, pve'ers would not be able to harm friendlies.

Also, I don't think we need the justice system in IC, so we probably don't need a thieves hide-out either.

The pve'er would be able to enter their IC alliance base ... they can access the banker, use crafting tables, interact with merchants, and any NPC quest-givers there. No, we aren't going to bar a pve'er from being able to interact with a tel-var merchant. Although tel var may not drop while in pve-mode, previous accumulations aren't going to disappear from a player's bank.

Note: Despite the fact that the player would be in pve-mode, they should not have free-reign to enter any of the IC bases, rather it should be limited to their own faction's IC base.

Edited by Maryal on March 21, 2018 12:54PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really think they need to create a campaign that is just for PvE players. Let them get AP without killing each other, let them have IC where no players can be killed. Also give them an option to duel in that campaign but remove the Emp achievement.

That would be great for PvE and PvP players. You will have less PvE players in campaigns like Vivec and PvE players will be happy.

Edited by vamp_emily on March 21, 2018 1:00PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you should get non-Tel Var items from chests, like the alliance war motifs that drop from PVP zones like Cyrodiil and IC. Non-set gear is fine, but not the motifs.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play PSN NA, and i run Shor all the time. I don't always get ganked, but when i do, its usually with a Dos Equis....

Seriously though, if you dont care about the TV then death is a meaningless annoyance to you. If you care about the TV, deal with the consequences. No one is going to change the game to allow you to harvest TV without threat. That's what it really comes down to.

And this is not the same as school bullying or cyber bullying. This is a game. If you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen. There is plenty to do without IC. And a CP 520 and a CP 315 aren't that different. They beat you because they understand the PvP mechanic, not because they had more CP. When i started PvP i was very bad. Still am. But not as bad because i learned it functions completely different than PvE and i've adjusted.

I just couldn't help it.......

#Triggered a little lol
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    lihentian wrote: »
    agree, this is why i don't have imperial city.. because pvp and pve have different equipment/set.. you can't really be at best at pve and pvp at the same time.. so why not make some sort of flagging..so player may choose if they want to join the fight or not..

or make a different instance for pve player who do not enjoy pvp element of this dlc.

Without Tel Var stones.

Why ?

Because Tel Var is the reward you get for the risk of PvP. If there is no PvP, there should be no Tel Var. They are build around PvP and are the only thing in the game that has that particular mechanic.
    Entering Arena District Now, Let's see if anyone bothers me while I am doing daedra quest.
    OK, I was attacked without any provocation. Probably people just won't change.

You know there is an achievement for killing a certain number of people inside the Arena, right?
    Instead of complicating the matter, It's better to get to root of problem. How problem started ? Why I needed to visit Imperial City. I could be amicable, If there is no need for me to visit PvP areas to complete quests (Writ in this case) received in PvE areas, I might not visit there. A little mail in my character's social section with resources I Lost could solve some grief I sustained.

Problem: Have Master Writ for IC set and doesn't want to go to IC.
    Solution: a) Join a guild that has the IC sets in their Guild Hall. b) Sell Writ to someone who does or is willing to go to IC.

Honestly, those were the first sets we got attuned, not because we don't like going to IC but because it's such a hassle to get there if all you want is to complete a writ.

"A little mail in my character's social section with resources I Lost could solve some grief I sustained"?

Mmmmm.... the only thing you could have possibly lost are Tel Var stones and there is no way of mailing them. So you will have to guilt the player who killed you into letting them kill you to get them back.

With your diplomatic skills, I'm sure that will be no problem.
    greylox wrote: »
    To all the 'if you don't like PvP don't go' crowd....I don't go. I'm asking for a version, without any of the PvP rewards that I can go to. Many people want this and it takes nothing away from you.

You know, I've never completed vMA. Not because I don't think I'm capable, but because I know it's going to take a good amount of time to learn the mechanics and I'm very dependent on muscle memory and practice and there are a ton of other things I want to do in the game. And that's ok.

Not ever going to IC or Cyrodiil is also ok. There is plenty to do in the game that different people find enjoyable.

How about decreasing telvars to 10 percent when killing a lower level player or any player ? So that experienced cancers go to kill the boss rather than killing new bies near opponent base ? When killed by NPCs let it be 75 percent.
    How about new players going to court about bullying in game ?

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/when-cyberbullying-and-bullying-meet-gaming-a-systemic-review-of-the-literature-2161-0487-1000195.php?aid=58701

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/05/how-to-fix-video-games-bullying-problem/371344/

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/content/can-you-sue-cyberbullying

https://nobullying.com/the-rise-of-bullying-in-online-games/

http://news.jrn.msu.edu/bullying/2012/02/15/video-game-griefers/

Again its ZOs problem. Not me or even you. A Game should not designed in such a way to be bullied for an in game. You are not designer or owner of the game. ZOs is responsible for it. Not you or me. Also players leaving the game.

If going to court is only way so be it. ZOs wont give anything until someone fixes the game so be it. ESO gaming community is so worse than any other game . Either they dont know about online games or just keen to exploit.
    Again, I have nothing in this.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 21, 2018 1:46PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play PSN NA, and i run Shor all the time. I don't always get ganked, but when i do, its usually with a Dos Equis....

Seriously though, if you dont care about the TV then death is a meaningless annoyance to you. If you care about the TV, deal with the consequences. No one is going to change the game to allow you to harvest TV without threat. That's what it really comes down to.

And this is not the same as school bullying or cyber bullying. This is a game. If you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen. There is plenty to do without IC. And a CP 520 and a CP 315 aren't that different. They beat you because they understand the PvP mechanic, not because they had more CP. When i started PvP i was very bad. Still am. But not as bad because i learned it functions completely different than PvE and i've adjusted.

#Triggered a little lol
    agree, this is why i don't have imperial city.. because pvp and pve have different equipment/set.. you can't really be at best at pve and pvp at the same time.. so why not make some sort of flagging..so player may choose if they want to join the fight or not..

or make a different instance for pve player who do not enjoy pvp element of this dlc.

Without Tel Var stones.

Why ?

Because Tel Var is the reward you get for the risk of PvP. If there is no PvP, there should be no Tel Var. They are build around PvP and are the only thing in the game that has that particular mechanic.
    Entering Arena District Now, Let's see if anyone bothers me while I am doing daedra quest.

You know there is an achievement for killing a certain number of people inside the Arena, right?
    Instead of complicating the matter, It's better to get to root of problem. How problem started ? Why I needed to visit Imperial City. I could be amicable, If there is no need for me to visit PvP areas to complete quests (Writ in this case) received in PvE areas, I might not visit there. A little mail in my character's social section with resources I Lost could solve some grief I sustained.

Solution: a) Join a guild that has the IC sets in their Guild Hall. b) Sell Writ to someone who does or is willing to go to IC.

Honestly, those were the first sets we got attuned, not because we don't like going to IC but because it's such a hassle to get there if all you want is to complete a writ.

"A little mail in my character's social section with resources I Lost could solve some grief I sustained"?

Mmmmm.... the only thing you could have possibly lost are Tel Var stones and there is no way of mailing them. So you will have to guilt the player who killed you into letting them kill you to get them back.

To all the 'if you don't like PvP don't go' crowd....I don't go. I'm asking for a version, without any of the PvP rewards that I can go to. Many people want this and it takes nothing away from you.

You know, I've never completed vMA. Not because I don't think I'm capable, but because I know it's going to take a good amount of time to learn the mechanics and I'm very dependent on muscle memory and practice and there are a ton of other things I want to do in the game. And that's ok.

Not ever going to IC or Cyrodiil is also ok. There is plenty to do in the game that different people find enjoyable.

How about decreasing telvars to 10 percent when killing a lower level player or any player ? So that experienced cancers go to kill the boss rather than killing new bies near opponent base ? When killed by NPCs let it be 75 percent.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/when-cyberbullying-and-bullying-meet-gaming-a-systemic-review-of-the-literature-2161-0487-1000195.php?aid=58701

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/05/how-to-fix-video-games-bullying-problem/371344/

Again its ZOs problem. Not me. A Game should not designed in such a way to be bullied.

If going to court is only way so be it. ZOs wont give anything until someone fixes the game so be it.

How about you joining an alliance that will defend their players. If I'm in IC and someone is ganking at the door, I'm going out there and hunting them, even if I'm going to end up dead 90% of the time.

Also, a player who is just leaving their alliance hub to do PvE would be carrying 0 Tel Var stones, unless they intend to farm Tel Var.

The Moot Councillor
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my suggestions for an PVE version of the Imperial City from the1st page of the thread. This sound good to you?
    The Imperial City is a mixed PVE/PVP zone. The reward of the extra Tel Var currency and the stuff you can buy with it is only because fd the extra risk of PVP.

Basically strip out the Tel Var and other rewards and non-main quest achievements because all of those are a reward for the risk of PVP. No risk, no additional reward.

Something like that. If I want quests I get to quest without getting ganked. If I want telvars I risk getting ganked.
    I got 0 intrest in anything pve, quest, or grinding related. Only in cyrodil. I still have to do dungeons and other BS just to get my gear for cyro.

TBH I wouldn't care if there was a cyro zone just for pve players to run around in and quest and all that but I also think it would only be fair if all sets in the game were purchasable with AP, even at a high cost. It would save the poor guys in group finder the trouble of having to carry me through content and save me hours that make me regret playing the game.

I could live with that. I wish other people would stop knee-jerking with "but I have to PVE so you should suffer too". Fixing the problem of forcing PVE players to do PVP does not preclude fixing the other problem, of forcing PVP players to do PVE/
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    This thread reminds me that common sense is not that common.

What are u so afraid of pvp for? Somethings gonna happen to Ur pixels?

Also lawl at the bully who calls "pvpers" bullys. That was funny af. Also disgusting.

It's a different game, one we don't like and don't want to waste our precious gaming time on.

PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of that part in Hook where Hook goes " i want i want i want me me me"
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#Triggered a little lol

Without Tel Var stones.

Why ?

Again its ZOs problem. Not me. A Game should not designed in such a way to be bullied.

If going to court is only way so be it. ZOs wont give anything until someone fixes the game so be it.

How about you joining an alliance that will defend their players. If I'm in IC and someone is ganking at the door, I'm going out there and hunting them, even if I'm going to end up dead 90% of the time.

Also, a player who is just leaving their alliance hub to do PvE would be carrying 0 Tel Var stones, unless they intend to farm Tel Var.

You want me to baby sit new players ? Its not my problem . Nor any experienced player do that in PVP willingly unless close friends. No alliance will defend all the time after all its lead by people.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 21, 2018 1:48PM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I signed up for game, I didn't sign up for PvP

you didnt read the box cover or the website blurb at all did you? heres a direct quote from the box for instance: Adventure alone, quest with friends, or join an army of thousands in epic player battles.

that right there is what you signed up for. if you didnt, the only fault here is yours for not looking first.

People who don't take me seriously would ALWAYS lose in the end. I often be voice of section most unheard.

hilarious! im actually laughing now.

Determined people stand up against what's wrong, If some injustice is going on for years, it wouldn't make it justifiable. You can stick with harshness in first post or come forward and have a proper discussion.

so you want us to stand up against you? you claim others are harsh but have threatened some wierdness, havent looked at what you bought before buying it, and now demand the whole thing be changed because 'you've made govt's change rules' so eso should too
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say rewards but tbh I just want the quests completed....a story mode then where pve ers don't hold any Tel var and don't give alliance points and don't count towards anything. Make them look different so pvpers don't waste time attacking. Because otherwise a lot of people don't go at all.

theres already plenty of zones for that: pve zones.

you wanna play with the big boys, you die like them too.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#Triggered a little lol

Without Tel Var stones.

Why ?

You should not be at door. Just roam around opponent base in stealth mode and just jump up on juicy targets or when about to kill a boss. You can easily differentiate a new player and experience player by their way of playing. Now they buffed NB. It will be super easy.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 21, 2018 1:55PM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just that ZOS should actually allow people to enter Cyrodiil/IC with white flag (under no alliance banner) and just do their quests/exploration. They shouldn't affect alliance war in any manner. I don't know about player stats, But I think more people would play Cyrodiil/IC because of that, then would ever join PvP mode to explore them with present rules. I play on 10 MBps connection (a year back 2 MBps was standard at my city), this connection is also too unreliable. After combining my nature with unreliable slow internet, it's best if I stick to PvE only.

Sorry, I should have said empty campaign.

no, they shouldnt allow them in there without any risk. Those people have plenty of areas they can go now without risk. of course more people would go in there and chew up system resources for the pvpers with no benefit to the war effort at all, and think they should still get all the rewards for going in those zones without any of the risk.

i spend time in IC now and then, always solo and cant even recall the last time i died. Hell theres one fight i even help other factions with cuz it sux. any other fight, i take em out. but this one, i assist. no aoe. targetted attacks only.

rarely do i see any other players. and then its usually a mix. they come in multiple factions, my own included.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

https://nobullying.com/the-rise-of-bullying-in-online-games/

http://news.jrn.msu.edu/bullying/2012/02/15/video-game-griefers/

Again its ZOs problem. Not me or even you. A Game should not designed in such a way to be bullied for an in game. You are not designer or owner of the game. ZOs is responsible for it. Not you or me. Also players leaving the game.

If going to court is only way so be it. ZOs wont give anything until someone fixes the game so be it. ESO gaming community is so worse than any other game . Either they dont know about online games or just keen to exploit.
    Again, I have nothing in this.

That's why I was trying to convey to them in hidden way. Bullying while gaming online is an ongoing phenomenon and it's only increasing with more and more games having online feature. I just don't wanted to say it loud, but people could sue them.

Though this bullying is yet limited to gaming only but it might adversely affect teenagers or young adults. doesn't matter if they are victims or bully themselves. Since I am speaking Truth, I shall speak whole truth. I stupidly wasted two Hakeijo rune while trying to complete an enchanting writ, So I decided to farm some in IC, When I reached there I came to know situation is that bad there.

Since Cat is out of bag now, there is no point talking in codes. ZOS There is Bullying happening in PvP areas and it won't be explainable by giving excuse of game mechanics in court of law. What you take as consent wouldn't stand in court. I am an old gamer and last thing I would want is to right winger people picking this to bully gaming companies. NRA and 2nd amendment lovers would happily try to make gaming companies scapegoat for their sins. It would be High School all over again.

Strengthen your defenses, You would face this problem for sure. I would be more than happy just with 2 Hekeijo runes being given to me, But You have a larger problem at hand. If these kind of matter goes to court, Support of Hardcore gamers (or those who like Bullying without realizing they are doing it) wouldn't matter one iota. You can count on my support But despite me being in favor of video game industry, NOW I know that there were steps you could have taken to prevent this kind of bullying But you didn't.

These kind of lawsuits could be biggest problem in front of video game industry in coming years. Preventing this kind of bullying is not just smart step, But also the right thing to do.

Edited by DocDova on March 21, 2018 2:20PM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about decreasing telvars to 10 percent when killing a lower level player or any player ? So that experienced cancers go to kill the boss rather than killing new bies near opponent base ?

what's with the insistence on name-calling here? and what's the correlation between being experienced and being cancerous? i am nearing the upper range of CP and i still feel like a noob, but i do help less knowledgeable players when they present themselves reasonably. at what CP does a player become cancerous? when do you plan to quit the game?

it strikes me as incongruous that these people railing against "bullying" open with calling strangers names.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    How about decreasing telvars to 10 percent when killing a lower level player or any player ? So that experienced cancers go to kill the boss rather than killing new bies near opponent base ?

what's with the insistence on name-calling here? and what's the correlation between being experienced and being cancerous? i am nearing the upper range of CP and i still feel like a noob, but i do help less knowledgeable players when they present themselves reasonably. at what CP does a player become cancerous? when do you plan to quit the game?

it strikes me as incongruous that these people railing against "bullying" open with calling strangers names.

Where is naming here ? Are just come here to brag ? I am not planning to quit game. Of course bullies are cancers. New player or moderate player cannot bully. A cancer kill the body from within. so does a bully in game. If you have any other name let me call that way .
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 21, 2018 2:29PM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

right there. the "cancers" part. though i'm guessing English isn't your native language so maybe i misunderstood, and you meant something else. i would love to understand if you can explain to me how that isn't name-calling.

and i didn't brag at all. in fact, having my CP this high and not knowing more about combat mechanics is a little embarrassing, as i hinted at. nothing else i said even approaches bragging, so i think this language barrier is not helping us here.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new breed of social justice loser is the biggest bully going. Only they can be the victim and aggressor at the same time. Just like your masters.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And im not a "pvper". Ur gross. I play eso, and all it has to offer. From erp with my orc bros to trading, to pvp, to pve, to farming, to writs, to making mah damn house pretty AF, and finding huge dance circles and mount trains in town.
    Sorry u dont enjoy one aspect of a gorsh darn video game, but just bc u dont like it doesnt give u the right to ruin it for others.
    And creating a 2nd IC to bypass IC mechanics is exactly that.

"I want i want i want me me me"

lol seriously
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings! We had to remove a few comments that were flaming, baiting, and very off topic. Friendly reminder to all that name calling, profanity, and non-constructive comments are all against our community rules. Let’s keep our discussion productive and healthy! If you have any questions about our community rules you can read them here. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/60843
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    How about an option to "flag" yourself for PvP or PvE and PvP instances? Like some other games have.
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    And with every new DLC, the whole meaning and rationale of Cyrodiil, the Alliances and the war in Imperial City are becoming increasingly and painfully irrelevant. Let's name a new NPC Emperor, let old mate Abnur Tharn present him/her with the Amulet of Kings, declare the Interregnum over, and make these places PvE now the dust's settled.

Since we all know that wars simply move around and never end, let's start a new one. I suggest Elsweyr, and the collapse of that province into its constituent areas, Anequina, Quin'Rawl, Tenmar et al.

Because with the introduction of each new DLC/Chapter, the Soulburst and the Alliance War have reached the point where they're meaningless.
    Edited by MW2K on March 21, 2018 3:19PM
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings! We had to remove a few comments that were flaming, baiting, and very off topic. Friendly reminder to all that name calling, profanity, and non-constructive comments are all against our community rules. Let’s keep our discussion productive and healthy! If you have any questions about our community rules you can read them here. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/60843

thx
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    It's also not against PvP enthusiast, Every campaign allow a fix max number of players. Imagine half players of a fraction are just there to do regular PvE stuff, farming, skyshard collection. It's just flooding campaign for people who genuinely wanna do campaign wars.

So Far I haven't heard one single compelling reason from people who are against this idea, other than how they feel about it.
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭

So Far I haven't heard one single compelling reason from people who are against this idea, other than how they feel about it.

Which to them is probably compelling.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also not against PvP enthusiast, Every campaign allow a fix max number of players. Imagine half players of a fraction are just there to do regular PvE stuff, farming, skyshard collection. It's just flooding campaign for people who genuinely wanna do campaign wars.

well, it wouldn't be fair to award Tel Var Stones, and the Skin and the Scamp and the PvP sets, as those are awarded to folks who can manage to defeat monsters while still watching their backs. i think that's been agreed upon.

so then, is it worth it to designate an entire other server (6, actually) for people who don't want to play the DLC as it was designed? i haven't done those quests either, but i know people who just bang them out repeatedly, without feeling particularly challenged. if you take away the unpredictability from objectives designed with unpredictability in mind, isn't that just going to be boring? it would feel like a public dungeon, right? is that worth setting aside 6 servers and betraying the designers' vision? it doesn't seem like it to me.

edited because typing on a tablet is dumb :)
    Edited by swippy on March 21, 2018 3:49PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

Where is naming here ? Are just come here to brag ? I am not planning to quit game. Of course bullies are cancers. New player or moderate player cannot bully. A cancer kill the body from within. so does a bully in game. If you have any other name let me call that way .

You have a striking jump in logic.
    New players and moderate players can't be bullies, therefore experienced players are cancer.

Not all experienced players are bullies. Not all PVPers are bullies. Killing a low-level or new player in a PVP zone is not bullying.

I know some PVPers who are bullies. I know some PVEers who are bullies. I know many, many more who are not.