The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Some suggestions regarding Cyrodiil/Imperial city.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a group or learn to PvP. No one cares if you’re “innocent” or not. The fact is if you see someone you take them down since that person, even if they’re a beginner is likely to start snipe spamming you from stealth the next time you’re trying to fight someone else. Anyway you have two options, pick one or go with both. No there not gonnna be a PvE version of Alliance war zones.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Just quickly, what do pvpers gain by hitting meat bags with no intention of fighting back? And why would it bother a pvper if there are pve only versions of imp city?

For the life of me I can't see why catering for both sides is worse than catering for only one....

The entirety of the Imperial City is designed for risk/reward. The ganker who hits you gets rewarded for ganking, but they also run a heavy risk. They don't know before they hit you that you are a PVE meatbag who isn't going to try to fight back. For all they know, you could be a decent PVPer or experienced Tel Var farmer who coukd kill them in return.

Here's why a PVE version of the Imperial City would be a problem.
    A. You can't get the rewards of the Imperial City without assuming the risk of the Imperial City. A PVE version would have to have ALL tel var and achievement prizes removed, so no sewer scamps, no Molag Bal fight in the sewers, etc. Giving PVE players an equal reward to those who took on the risk of PVP would be unfair and greatly devalue those rewards.
    B. The Imperial City has a population problem as it is. Many campaigns, the Imperial City is nearly empty, making it a great place PVE farmers and otherwise only used by gankers and TV farmers. Ideally, the Imperial City has more people actually PVPing, as during the anniversary event. Diverting more of the population to a PVE only server makes the current servers emptier, meaning it really is mostly bankers and TV farmers.

If you want a mostly PVE imperial City, go to an emptier campaign, like Shor. I've farmed there for hours and not seem another player. I did the entire main quest on Kastav when that was up without fighting another player.

What you can't do is ask for the rewards of the Imperial City to be given to you without the risks. As I stated above, I'd be okay with a limited story mode, but not anything that would give you tel var or other achievements that are meant to be accomplished with the threat of PVP.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say rewards but tbh I just want the quests completed....a story mode then where pve ers don't hold any Tel var and don't give alliance points and don't count towards anything. Make them look different so pvpers don't waste time attacking. Because otherwise a lot of people don't go at all.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say rewards but tbh I just want the quests completed....a story mode then where pve ers don't hold any Tel var and don't give alliance points and don't count towards anything. Make them look different so pvpers don't waste time attacking. Because otherwise a lot of people don't go at all.

I'd be okay with that. But honestly, I knocked out the main quest on a dead campaign in a couple of days. Never fought another player.

Dont let the fear of PVP or dying to another player hold you back. A PVE storymode,is unlikely to happen so if you really want those quests, grab a friend or a couple of friends and go do them. (I needed someone to help with the Arena and Temple district quests because I was a little too squishy and got tired of trying to solo them, so I do recommend having a friend help out. Besides, if your friends also dislike PVP, they might enjoy making it a group event.)
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be okay with that. But honestly, I knocked out the main quest on a dead campaign in a couple of days. Never fought another player.

Dont let the fear of PVP or dying to another player hold you back. A PVE storymode,is unlikely to happen so if you really want those quests, grab a friend or a couple of friends and go do them. (I needed someone to help with the Arena and Temple district quests because I was a little too squishy and got tired of trying to solo them, so I do recommend having a friend help out. Besides, if your friends also dislike PVP, they might enjoy making it a group event.)

It's not fear, just genuinely don't like PvP, I play to chill not be on edge. Yeah seems it's gonna have to be done at weird hours and on low campaigns, which will take longer but I'll only do it once I suppose which is a shame. I've done the arena solo but when I was reading the quest to figure out what to do next I got jumped and dead before I took a breath which is annoying because I gotta run back etc... so I haven't been back in months.

For people like me pvp just wastes my time.
    Edited by greylox on March 20, 2018 1:56PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not fear, just genuinely don't like PvP, I play to chill not be on edge. Yeah seems it's gonna have to be done at weird hours and on low campaigns, which will take longer but I'll only do it once I suppose which is a shame. I've done the arena solo but when I was reading the quest to figure out what to do next I got jumped and dead before I took a breath which is annoying because I gotta run back etc... so I haven't been back in months.

Yeah, but you can just res at the outpost and keep going. If you don't care about farming Tel Var, then being ganked is not going to be a huge deal, with the exception of people camping one of the districts. In which case you can do the quest in the next district instead and come back later.

One of the best pieces of advice I got when I started PvPing was "don't mind dying". That works especially well in IC. If you shake off a death and go about your business, your experience will be far less stressful.
    The Moot Councillor
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Yeah, but you can just res at the outpost and keep going. If you don't care about farming Tel Var, then being ganked is not going to be a huge deal, with the exception of people camping one of the districts. In which case you can do the quest in the next district instead and come back later.

One of the best pieces of advice I got when I started PvPing was "don't mind dying". That works especially well in IC. If you shake off a death and go about your business, your experience will be far less stressful.

All of which I wouldn't have to do in a PvE zone version :P ok, don't think I'll be able to add anymore to this thread.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I guess I should offer an apology for rather rude first post, In my defense I was raw from recent attacks on my player for no reason (IMO). I Don't like when things are not in my control, My Life My rules. But I also don't do stuff to others which I won't like for myself.

For Information purpose, I play with character of same name of PS4 NA server.

I still think this need to be addressed, There are some completed campaigns, they could easily be turned into a non war PvE area. I am a solo player and I would remain so, It's not that I got too easily wiped out. I was in arena district on first quest and I cleared 10-15 deadra than someone much higher than my CP level attacked me, (he was like 550, I am 315), I got in defensive mode for few minutes hoping he would move on when he realize he can't take me down, But he was joined by 2-3 more players, Then I was wiped out. Same things happened 2-3 time more but on these occasions I was wiped out by 3-4 players as soon as I entered arena district. I tried sneaking (at which I suck) But with my non existent sneak skills and other players having advantage of knowing terrain much better than me, I stood no chance.

Players can do PvP or PvE stuff depending upon their taste, But it shouldn't be done with non willing parties. I am at CP 315 and I have never sent a single duel invitation to anyone, Though I accepted 5-6 for timepass. First one was accidental, Two players were having duel in Vivec chamber, I was completely unaware of game mechanics then at level four, I went to losing player and probably I had a soul gem or player revived himself But winning player greeted me with a duel invitation and I accepted without reading and next thing I know, I was in duel.

So it's not illogical for players like me to expect, a non hostile cyrodiil/Imperial city where We could explore and do quests. When there are people who thinks overland stuff is beneath them and they deserve harder version of entire game.Our suggestion is rather practical and caters to larger fan base.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always started off a district quest by taking the district flag. Not only did that give me a rez point when things went pear shaped, but it was the best way to figure out if an enemy player was in the district. If there was one, chances are he'd hit me on the flag and I'd know to try a different district.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Join a group or learn to PvP. No one cares if you’re “innocent” or not. The fact is if you see someone you take them down since that person, even if they’re a beginner is likely to start snipe spamming you from stealth the next time you’re trying to fight someone else. Anyway you have two options, pick one or go with both. No there not gonnna be a PvE version of Alliance war zones.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »

Years of radio silence from ZOS vs hope springing eternal.

Personally, I assume that with ZOS going to such measures to get PVE players to go into PVP content (skyshards, quests, delve boss achievements, fishing, dolmens, exploration, alliance war skills), that ZOS has done this deliberately and thus is unlikely to offer a purely PVE alternative.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I assume that with ZOS going to such measures to get PVE players to go into PVP content (skyshards, quests, delve boss achievements, fishing, dolmens, exploration, alliance war skills), that ZOS has done this deliberately and thus is unlikely to offer a purely PVE alternative.

Dova never requested that before, It would be impolite to deny Dova his request especially when it caters too many people, could bring back fan base and It's most logical of all requests I have seen so far.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dova never requested that before, It would be impolite to deny Dova his request especially when it caters too many people, could bring back fan base and It's most logical of all requests I have seen so far.

I've seen this request multiple times on the forums. This is nothing new. ZOS doesn't say anything about it, but the evidence of them expecting players who want the rewards for doing everything in the base game (Master Angler, Skyshard Hunter, Dolmens, and Quests) shows that ZOS expects players to do everything in the base game, which includes PVP in Cyrodiil.

That doesn't mean they couldn't make a PVE version of the Imperial City, but I think that's unlikely, given that mixed PVP/PVE was the selling point of the DLC and the rewards system would have to be stripped out of a PVE version. Too much work, most likely.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All of which I wouldn't have to do in a PvE zone version :P ok, don't think I'll be able to add anymore to this thread.

And you probably won't have to do it in Cyrodiil/IC very often either. But it is your choice.
    If you were on NA, I do still have characters in all alliances that haven't done the quests.
    First of all, I guess I should offer an apology for rather rude first post, In my defense I was raw from recent attacks on my player for no reason (IMO). I Don't like when things are not in my control, My Life My rules. But I also don't do stuff to others which I won't like for myself.

For Information purpose, I play with character of same name of PS4 NA server.

I still think this need to be addressed, There are some completed campaigns, they could easily be turned into a non war PvE area. I am a solo player and I would remain so, It's not that I got too easily wiped out. I was in arena district on first quest and I cleared 10-15 deadra than someone much higher than my CP level attacked me, (he was like 550, I am 315), I got in defensive mode for few minutes hoping he would move on when he realize he can't take me down, But he was joined by 2-3 more players, Then I was wiped out. Same things happened 2-3 time more but on these occasions I was wiped out by 3-4 players as soon as I entered arena district. I tried sneaking (at which I suck) But with my non existent sneak skills and other players having advantage of knowing terrain much better than me, I stood no chance.

Players can do PvP or PvE stuff depending upon their taste, But it shouldn't be done with non willing parties. I am at CP 315 and I have never sent a single duel invitation to anyone, Though I accepted 5-6 for timepass. First one was accidental, Two players were having duel in Vivec chamber, I was completely unaware of game mechanics then at level four, I went to losing player and probably I had a soul gem or player revived himself But winning player greeted me with a duel invitation and I accepted without reading and next thing I know, I was in duel.

So it's not illogical for players like me to expect, a non hostile cyrodiil/Imperial city where We could explore and do quests. When there are people who thinks overland stuff is beneath them and they deserve harder version of entire game.Our suggestion is rather practical and caters to larger fan base.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Completed campaign"?
    The Moot Councillor
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some completed campaigns, they could easily be turned into a non war PvE area.

To address some points from this.

1. There are no completed campaigns. The Cyrodiil campaigns refresh and start over every 30 or 7 days. The Imperial City is currently attached to those campaigns and works the same way. Even if you finish the main quest of the Imperial City, its not a new instance.

2. There's nothing non-willing about queuing into Cyrodiil. You queue into Cyrodiil, that's a PVP zone. You can expect to PVP. Similarly, there's nothing non-willing about going to the Imperial City. Once you leave that home base, you've entered a zone specifically made and marketed as a PVP area with PVE elements.

You might be unwilling to actually engage in PVP, but there if you were not willing to be in a PVP zone, you can't accidentally go to Cyrodiil or the Imperial City.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

And you probably won't have to do it in Cyrodiil/IC very often either. But it is your choice.
    If you were on NA, I do still have characters in all alliances that haven't done the quests.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Completed campaign"?

Thanks a lot. It's very kind of you. It's not that I don't appreciate your help, It's just that ZOS should actually allow people to enter Cyrodiil/IC with white flag (under no alliance banner) and just do their quests/exploration. They shouldn't affect alliance war in any manner. I don't know about player stats, But I think more people would play Cyrodiil/IC because of that, then would ever join PvP mode to explore them with present rules. I play on 10 MBps connection (a year back 2 MBps was standard at my city), this connection is also too unreliable. After combining my nature with unreliable slow internet, it's best if I stick to PvE only.

Sorry, I should have said empty campaign.

• craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion

get skyrim remastered on pc, add the mod beyond skyrim bruma, and soon add the mod when its released, beyond skyrim, Cyrodiil: The Seat of Sundered Kings, and RPG to your hearts content, its beautiful trust me.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would support this idea under one condition only: That it only be one day a week. This way, the PvP servers wouldn't constantly be overrun with PvE questers
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    To address some points from this.

1. There are no completed campaigns. The Cyrodiil campaigns refresh and start over every 30 or 7 days. The Imperial City is currently attached to those campaigns and works the same way. Even if you finish the main quest of the Imperial City, its not a new instance.

2. There's nothing non-willing about queuing into Cyrodiil. You queue into Cyrodiil, that's a PVP zone. You can expect to PVP. Similarly, there's nothing non-willing about going to the Imperial City. Once you leave that home base, you've entered a zone specifically made and marketed as a PVP area with PVE elements.

You might be unwilling to actually engage in PVP, but there if you were not willing to be in a PVP zone, you can't accidentally go to Cyrodiil or the Imperial City.

1. Point taken I Should have said empty campaign, Yet it just supports my point. When SO many campaigns might run simultaneously, Why there can't be an option to enter atleast one of the campaign without alliance to any warring fractions ? Do You want to imply everyone Must take part in wars ? If ESO universe is so inclusive, Why can't they acknowledge a pacifist stance ? Video games play very important part in one's psyche. I am a doctor, I know what I am saying.

2. That's a game mechanic which prevents overcrowding of a particular fraction in those areas, My suggestion is about people entering it under no banner and playing game for themselves. It's not some absolute phenomenon of Physics which can't be changed.

So, Forcing people to be at war with each-other is not recommendable IMO, acknowledging pacifist stance in PvP area has a moral as well as rational component. Restricting my access to any area based upon my political stance (Non Violence toward other players/ Pacifism) would clearly fall under discrimination on ZOS part. Did I say Stop all PvP activities ? I Just want ZOS to embrace my right to adhere to my principles and play the game.

Points that I can't accidentally fall in those areas or there are queuing has got nothing to do with the issue.

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I would support this idea under one condition only: That it only be one day a week. This way, the PvP servers wouldn't constantly be overrun with PvE questers

See, when we discuss something maturely, people give their inputs. Which Should be useful for everyone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want ZOS to give you access to the entire game for PVE. ZOS specifically designed the game to make players who want to experience the entire game experience PVP. We see that with skyshards, delves, fishing, dolmens, achievements. This wasn't by accident. It was by design.

I don't see ZOS changing that design any time soon, but you are welcome to keep hoping. I'm repeating myself at this point, so I'm done.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre 1T, I’d have called this idea silly. But now an enemy combatant can go shopping in our capital cities. I find that reality far more silly.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input, I think a mature discussion on this topic should be carried out. People who wholeheartedly welcome PvP against innocent players can't be taken as model for gaming community. Their equivalents in real world would be considered bullies and anti social elements. So when we talk against it, We are not asking for something wrong, We are asking developers to save us from Bullies. Which is not wrong to ask.

If such people try to come here and try to bully people, Don't worry. I have spend decade dealing with bullies online and even a million won't be suffice to take me.

I get don't PvP and PvE are essential components of game, But they should be to willing players (in an ideal world), I would humbly like to differ where bongtokin said making them non alliance war areas (optionally) would undermine achievements of previous players. As For one I would never like to inflict hardships I sustained at other people and secondly here players are getting bullied by other players, It's not a game mechanic (directly), Its human intelligence against new players who have no idea of new area, So New players would always lose until they decide to join a pack and become bullies themselves.

When some elite player can complain and expect to have a separate server as 'Overland game isn't hard enough for them' and consider this to be some kind of kindness they have shown to developers and non elite players, My expectations are far more reasonable and beneficial to wide range of players.

If PvP enthusiasts cry about turning PvE areas into PvP, Let them cry who would listen ?

Point is, Would these activities would be welcomed in real life ? Wouldn't it amount to in game Bullying ?

I gave most logical, moderate suggestion without ruining game of even PvP enthusiasts, Players can enter under no alliance and can't influence alliance war in any ways, Just do exploring and quests (Ones which don't affect ongoing alliance war). In which world this would sound unfair ? Present set-up is like You Must Fight, It's like everyone must fight. How do you think every big real world wars started ? How atrocities on innocents happened ? It all happened with this narrow mindset, where people belonging to other race/religion/ethnicity/country is naturally considered enemy.

Gaming communities shouldn't need to be like that, There must be pacifist way of dealing with the problem without ruining game of either faction. I don't say PvP should stop all their activities, I say they should do it with people who wanna do it. Where am I wrong or unjust in that ?

I'm sorry, but I don't think that people who attack a player they observe from another faction in Cyrodiil are bullies. They're playing the game. Obviously, some people will inevitably "grief" others by camping non-strategic areas, but the gains there are AP, similar to elsewhere. Griefing is annoying and generally distasteful, and I agree that it can become a type of bullying behavior in some less common cases.

I also don't agree with making the PvP content accessible without the associated risks. Part of that zone is that it is higher risk; it is a war-torn area in constant flux, and I think the game should continue to represent it as such. Similar to how I haven't gotten any of the story content from trials and their areas because I don't make my build or gear oriented to that content, people who cannot or will not tolerate the occasional bout of player-versus-player combat shouldn't just be handed the content in another fashion.

I will say that the tri-stat glyphs should be craftable without the immense expense and/or without having to do PvP content for them. Those runes should be a rare drop in the PvE game as well, since they are equally useful for both PvP and PvE content. Maybe ZoS can add a world event where the imps appear and try to escape through mobs, or make them a VERY rare drop through the world events like summoners being attacked by atronachs?

Other than that fix, though, I think things should remain fine. High-performing PvP players have IC and Cyrodiil rewards to look forward to, and high-performing PvE players have trial rewards and, to a lesser extent, pledges. Both groups have exclusive "skill-locked" content, and I think it is fine to remain that way.

M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Because like all of cyrodiil, the imperial city is the center of the war. You will just have to sneak around to complete the quests. Even the quest in imperial city are based off of the war. It would not make any sense having no banner.

One Tamriel called and would like to have a word.
    It's been talked about a lot on the forums, but PvP people seemingly want to beat up non challenging, unwilling targets (you know, like the pve they claim to hate) and if you moan they will say things like 'give us PvP in PvE zones, blah blah' because they think that's a valid argument and probably want the chance to beat on even more unwilling victims.

I'd love a PvE imperial city, sans any PvP achievements. At the moment I just don't go, so pvpers don't get to kill easy targets for their epeen and pve'ers don't get to see some great quests.

Quoted for truth.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    You want ZOS to give you access to the entire game for PVE. ZOS specifically designed the game to make players who want to experience the entire game experience PVP. We see that with skyshards, delves, fishing, dolmens, achievements. This wasn't by accident. It was by design.

I don't see ZOS changing that design any time soon, but you are welcome to keep hoping. I'm repeating myself at this point, so I'm done.

Entire game is already open to PvP activities, But it's between willing parties at most places. They want Cyrodiil/IC for free PvP action, that's good too But they should also acknowledge a pacifist stance of people who paid for the game (as PvP guys) and just want a gameplay without getting violent with other players.

I can't under good consciousness recommend that people should be forced to fight each-other over something which they were forced to chose (a faction). It's as discriminatory as racism, ethnic cleansing.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I am sure this is going to sound insane to some people, But as there is clear conflict of interest for me I am going to say it anyways.

Can there be an option for players to enter these areas under no alliance's banner, which should mean they can't hurt other players, other players can't hurt them. There are lot of quests and exploration to be done in those area and not everyone entering there want to have PvP silliness. I would have understand it's PvP area if there were no exploration/quests/exclusive loots, So people like myself who has zero interest in PvP would have to enter there and any imbecile would come with his group and take me down. I have no interest in taking over aresa or stealing their silly scrolls, I just wanna complete some quests, get skyshards, get exclusive loot (like rune stone) and be done with it. Why I have to part of silly PvP of immature gamer ?

I chose an alliance because I had to chose one in order to create a player, I didn't sign up for childish PvP. So IMO there should be an option to enter these area under no banner, where one can enter under white flag just for classic old school RPG questing/exploration/rewards. If developers wanted those areas exclusively for PvP activities then they shouldn't have made exclusive loot there.

I wanna hunt down some daedra in imperial city instead I am being ganged up by bunch of players hidden in shadows waiting for some innocent little explorer to come so they can torment him/her. Game should encourage PvP don't enforce it, Some gamers are grown ups who just wanna play their game instead of ruining other's game.

See. Experienced players are real cancer for this game. All they want is to loot tel-vars from lower CPs players. Gankers always wait for at entrance of opposite entrance just for stealing telvars from lower level players. They wont kill monsters or kill mobs. CP720 killing CP10-CP20 is a skill according to these noobs. They wont allow any changes to this. PVP is a joke. In the end imperial city is complete failure. Its only meant for max cp people . Who cares ? . Sewers is empty most of the time and it will remain empty. Of course no will go because of these noob gankers. They wont allow any meaningful changes to make. So, called experienced players only care about themselves and their fat leaching from lower level players until you become 720 CP. No cares who is playing and leaving or even game health !! Good luck with selfish players & ZOs support their fat leaching !!! ZOs should listen to everyone. Not self proclaimed pros. In many competitive multiplayer games certain things are banned by player themselves , even though game mechanics allow it. These are guidelines player community set for themselves for what to do and not to do. ESO community in general so worst and immature to follow such guidelines.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 20, 2018 5:05PM
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't think that people who attack a player they observe from another faction in Cyrodiil are bullies. They're playing the game. Obviously, some people will inevitably "grief" others by camping non-strategic areas, but the gains there are AP, similar to elsewhere. Griefing is annoying and generally distasteful, and I agree that it can become a type of bullying behavior in some less common cases.

I also don't agree with making the PvP content accessible without the associated risks. Part of that zone is that it is higher risk; it is a war-torn area in constant flux, and I think the game should continue to represent it as such. Similar to how I haven't gotten any of the story content from trials and their areas because I don't make my build or gear oriented to that content, people who cannot or will not tolerate the occasional bout of player-versus-player combat shouldn't just be handed the content in another fashion.

I will say that the tri-stat glyphs should be craftable without the immense expense and/or without having to do PvP content for them. Those runes should be a rare drop in the PvE game as well, since they are equally useful for both PvP and PvE content. Maybe ZoS can add a world event where the imps appear and try to escape through mobs, or make them a VERY rare drop through the world events like summoners being attacked by atronachs?

Other than that fix, though, I think things should remain fine. High-performing PvP players have IC and Cyrodiil rewards to look forward to, and high-performing PvE players have trial rewards and, to a lesser extent, pledges. Both groups have exclusive "skill-locked" content, and I think it is fine to remain that way.

That's most mature response (against my opinion) I have come across and with highlighted line, I can read between the lines. Thanks.

I could let go of stuff, I let go of entire Dark Brotherhood line. When I play an RPG, Character is a representative of mine and I wouldn't do anything in gross violation of my real life principals. I Did Skyrim dark brotherhood story line only after mods appeared on PS4 and I could resurrect people I just killed. It was kiddish but resurrected every non hostile person I killed during that story line. So I wouldn't want people to do something to me, which I won't do to others.

If I have no need to go to those areas i.e. getting ample tri-state glyphs, I won't go there. If I don't go there, I won't notice so many morally wrong things happening there.

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

See. Experienced players are real cancer for this game. All they want is to loot tel-vars from lower CPs players. Gankers always wait for at entrance of opposite entrance just for stealing telvars from lower level players. They wont allow any changes to this. PVP is a joke. In the end imperial city is complete failure. Who cares ? I dont see any new players going to imperial city. Of course no will go because of these. They wont allow any meaningful changes to make. So, called experienced players only care about themselves and their fat leaching from lower level players. No cares who is playing and leaving !! Good luck with selfish players & ZOs support their fat leaching !!!

Right, I did notice Tel-vars disappearing, So they were going to those guys who were attacking me ? That changes things. Concept of getting loot from engine enemies is acceptable but human players attacking and killing other human players for sake of some in game currency, Wouldn't be acceptable in any civilized society.

Come on, there has to be some kind of moral guidelines for developers, I don't recommend as strict moral guidelines as I apply on myself to any not willing person, But that's too low. Allowing players to attack other human players to loot their in game currency. There is nothing which could make me OK with that.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See. Experienced players are real cancer for this game. All they want is to loot tel-vars from lower CPs players. Gankers always wait for at entrance of opposite entrance just for stealing telvars from lower level players. They wont allow any changes to this. PVP is a joke. In the end imperial city is complete failure. Who cares ? I dont see any new players going to imperial city. Of course no will go because of these. They wont allow any meaningful changes to make. So, called experienced players only care about themselves and their fat leaching from lower level players. No cares who is playing and leaving !! Good luck with selfish players & ZOs support their fat leaching !!!

Right, I did notice Tel-vars disappearing, So they were going to those guys who were attacking me ? That changes things. Concept of getting loot from engine enemies is acceptable but human players attacking and killing other human players for sake of some in game currency, Wouldn't be acceptable in any civilized society.

Come on, there has to be some kind of moral guidelines for developers, I don't recommend as strict moral guidelines as I apply on myself to any not willing person, But that's too low. Allowing players to attack other human players to loot their in game currency. There is nothing which could make me OK with that.

I am at good CP level and can most world bosses alone. But not max cp level with best gear in the game.
    I wont attack any lower level players , until they provoke me to kill them. Neither I go to opposite entrance for killing lower level people.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 20, 2018 3:58PM
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna hunt down some daedra in imperial city instead I am being ganged up by bunch of players hidden in shadows waiting for some innocent little explorer to come so they can torment him/her.

The Daedra hired us PvP-Players, so they can do the their usual business, without being ganked by those awful childish PvE-Squads...
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."