The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Some suggestions regarding Cyrodiil/Imperial city.

DocDova
DocDova
✭✭✭
Though I am sure this is going to sound insane to some people, But as there is clear conflict of interest for me I am going to say it anyways.

Can there be an option for players to enter these areas under no alliance's banner, which should mean they can't hurt other players, other players can't hurt them. There are lot of quests and exploration to be done in those area and not everyone entering there want to have PvP silliness. I would have understand it's PvP area if there were no exploration/quests/exclusive loots, So people like myself who has zero interest in PvP would have to enter there and any imbecile would come with his group and take me down. I have no interest in taking over aresa or stealing their silly scrolls, I just wanna complete some quests, get skyshards, get exclusive loot (like rune stone) and be done with it. Why I have to part of silly PvP of immature gamer ?

I chose an alliance because I had to chose one in order to create a player, I didn't sign up for childish PvP. So IMO there should be an option to enter these area under no banner, where one can enter under white flag just for classic old school RPG questing/exploration/rewards. If developers wanted those areas exclusively for PvP activities then they shouldn't have made exclusive loot there.

I wanna hunt down some daedra in imperial city instead I am being ganged up by bunch of players hidden in shadows waiting for some innocent little explorer to come so they can torment him/her. Game should encourage PvP don't enforce it, Some gamers are grown ups who just wanna play their game instead of ruining other's game.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because like all of cyrodiil, the imperial city is the center of the war. You will just have to sneak around to complete the quests. Even the quest in imperial city are based off of the war. It would not make any sense having no banner.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    hook.....

Line......

Sinker........
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    luck of the draw...

many times I'll go to IC and it will be relatively empty and I can do quests easily without even seeing another player...

other times it's a little more crowded and harder to get any quests done...

make sure to stay in stealth as much as possible, and try to stay discreet when fighting npcs...i use the blade of woe a bunch in IC...

because of all the sneaking around, unless you're a magblade, IC can be a challenge for some magicka characters...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Me, Immature ? I wonder internet forum world would be laughing rolling on floor down.

As for making developers changing rules, Guess I have made governments change rules. Why ? Because I speak The Truth.

I signed up for game, I didn't sign up for PvP (at-least not without my prior consent like duel invitation) and I would dare anyone to prove it otherwise. Where I signed up for people attacking me for no reason and without my consent.

People who don't take me seriously would ALWAYS lose in the end. I often be voice of section most unheard.

I backed out (from talking how we need more enlightenment) when someone simply said that they want us to earn CP, But here problem is different. I don't gang up on people, I don't like to hurt people, I don't have pack mentality, I believe in Play and let Play. In My World, No player should be attacked by other player without his/her consent and people should have option to enter alliance war area under no banner for exploration. It's not all words, I have proved it with actions too, There wasn't a single instance where I backed out from helping any player anywhere in Tamriel and I get this treatment for merely exploring some parts of game ?

I want no alliance exploration only in alliance war areas. I am always ready to protect people's rights, I speak for developers when someone said game's content is over sexualized that when game publishers themselves put Mature rating, it's silly to assume it would be for immature audience. But here I am taking about people getting attacked for no reason/without consent. I would raise my voice against it.

• baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it being for players that don't PvP if you where sol gems and such that I can understand but not for the sets and such PvP and earn theme like those that have. I can see if you are getting soul gems and only Gems in Cyrodill but not the equipment and such. They could move the quests for PVE players into a much bigger and wider Cyrodill province and such but the area around the Imperial City.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of IC. I'm not crazy about PVP, and i've avoided these areas of combat for the most part.

And OP, i get what your trying to say because being ganked is a real buzz kill.

But lets be honest. If you demilitarized this zone, every player who risked it before the nerf to get the gear they wanted would have a hissy fit, and with good reason.

If you made Stonefalls a PvP area because PvP players said that they were bored with PvE and wanted another hot zone, There would be an outcry from PvE players. Or if you took out a bunch of the trash mobs in MOL so players could finish it with less difficulty, players who suffered through the harder version would be livid. What you are suggesting is really no different.

Your not the only one that thinks this way OP. It may sound like a broken record, but just find a large group that feels the way you do and then take them in with you and knock out the content together. Or if you want to solo, hit up the less populated campaigns at low peek times. If i do hunt stones or gear in IC i hit up shore at 4 in the AM. Its fairly empty then.

I'm not knocking you for this suggestion, and i do believe your sentiment is in the right place. But this is a real drastic change you are proposing, and its just not feasible.

My humble 2 pennies....
    Edited by bongtokin420insd16 on March 20, 2018 7:54AM
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been talked about a lot on the forums, but PvP people seemingly want to beat up non challenging, unwilling targets (you know, like the pve they claim to hate) and if you moan they will say things like 'give us PvP in PvE zones, blah blah' because they think that's a valid argument and probably want the chance to beat on even more unwilling victims.

I'd love a PvE imperial city, sans any PvP achievements. At the moment I just don't go, so pvpers don't get to kill easy targets for their epeen and pve'ers don't get to see some great quests.
    Edited by greylox on March 20, 2018 7:56AM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    If one chose to play this game, he also accept the story which includes the alliance war. You don't need the "exclusive loots" in pvp areas. If you dislike pvp then avoid it...there are so many other games.
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »
    Me, Immature ? I wonder internet forum world would be laughing rolling on floor down.

As for making developers changing rules, Guess I have made governments change rules. Why ? Because I speak The Truth.

I signed up for game, I didn't sign up for PvP (at-least not without my prior consent like duel invitation) and I would dare anyone to prove it otherwise. Where I signed up for people attacking me for no reason and without my consent.

People who don't take me seriously would ALWAYS lose in the end. I often be voice of section most unheard.

I backed out (from talking how we need more enlightenment) when someone simply said that they want us to earn CP, But here problem is different. I don't gang up on people, I don't like to hurt people, I don't have pack mentality, I believe in Play and let Play. In My World, No player should be attacked by other player without his/her consent and people should have option to enter alliance war area under no banner for exploration. It's not all words, I have proved it with actions too, There wasn't a single instance where I backed out from helping any player anywhere in Tamriel and I get this treatment for merely exploring some parts of game ?

I want no alliance exploration only in alliance war areas. I am always ready to protect people's rights, I speak for developers when someone said game's content is over sexualized that when game publishers themselves put Mature rating, it's silly to assume it would be for immature audience. But here I am taking about people getting attacked for no reason/without consent. I would raise my voice against it.

There are language barriers here - I accept that. I'll admit I have a bit of trouble following what you are saying.

You seem to be bragging about how great you are (Even at PvP) and how Helpful you are, but again - You've insulted over half of the community because you don't like the fact that they like PvP.
    You aren't innocent victims if you go to a PvP zone looking for PvE. It's exactly the same as someone grinding in a Quest area and getting upset that all this "Questing" is ruining his/her Grind. You signed up for it the second you stepped foot in, and you signed up for this part of the game the second you bought the game. It exists, it wasn't hidden, it's up front and well advertised.
    Assuming every PvPer is a predatory scumbag on the hunt for newbies and "PvEers" is just narrow-minded and Immature of you, pure and simple.

You have trouble with PvP? Go to a campaign with lower numbers. Less likely to have someone run across you.
    I did the entire IC story line on one of my Characters without ever running across another player, myself. I've also seen a fair amount of players ignore people who don't try to PvP.

You can't make demands while casually insulting half of the fanbase. That just isn't the way to do it.
    Playing a competitive game mode is fun to some people. A fairly small percentage of them will be jerkwaggons - But I've seen the same numbers of scum-dwellers in PvE. Trial Groups and Guilds, Dungeon PUGs, Area-Lock Grinders, Resource Node Farmers, Thief Grinders, and general Zone Chat Heroes all have a fairly large section of them that act like complete wankers.
    I've seen some nasty stuff in Zone in Cyrod - And I've seen the same level of Sick in Auridon.

Most players are fairly calm, somewhat reasonable, and just trying to have fun playing the part of the game they chose to play. Your hardline stance against PvP was overly Aggressive and hostile from the start, throwing disdain around like it's a fire-sale.

I don't care what your self-claimed reputation is. You throw shade like that you don't deserve the right to have your ideas considered until you form them in a way that doesn't call so many of your fellow gamers a series of petty names.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input, I think a mature discussion on this topic should be carried out. People who wholeheartedly welcome PvP against innocent players can't be taken as model for gaming community. Their equivalents in real world would be considered bullies and anti social elements. So when we talk against it, We are not asking for something wrong, We are asking developers to save us from Bullies. Which is not wrong to ask.

If such people try to come here and try to bully people, Don't worry. I have spend decade dealing with bullies online and even a million won't be suffice to take me.

I get don't PvP and PvE are essential components of game, But they should be to willing players (in an ideal world), I would humbly like to differ where bongtokin said making them non alliance war areas (optionally) would undermine achievements of previous players. As For one I would never like to inflict hardships I sustained at other people and secondly here players are getting bullied by other players, It's not a game mechanic (directly), Its human intelligence against new players who have no idea of new area, So New players would always lose until they decide to join a pack and become bullies themselves.

When some elite player can complain and expect to have a separate server as 'Overland game isn't hard enough for them' and consider this to be some kind of kindness they have shown to developers and non elite players, My expectations are far more reasonable and beneficial to wide range of players.

If PvP enthusiasts cry about turning PvE areas into PvP, Let them cry who would listen ?

Point is, Would these activities would be welcomed in real life ? Wouldn't it amount to in game Bullying ?

I gave most logical, moderate suggestion without ruining game of even PvP enthusiasts, Players can enter under no alliance and can't influence alliance war in any ways, Just do exploring and quests (Ones which don't affect ongoing alliance war). In which world this would sound unfair ? Present set-up is like You Must Fight, It's like everyone must fight. How do you think every big real world wars started ? How atrocities on innocents happened ? It all happened with this narrow mindset, where people belonging to other race/religion/ethnicity/country is naturally considered enemy.

Gaming communities shouldn't need to be like that, There must be pacifist way of dealing with the problem without ruining game of either faction. I don't say PvP should stop all their activities, I say they should do it with people who wanna do it. Where am I wrong or unjust in that ?
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    There are language barriers here - I accept that. I'll admit I have a bit of trouble following what you are saying.

You seem to be bragging about how great you are (Even at PvP) and how Helpful you are, but again - (i)You've insulted over half of the community because you don't like the fact that they like PvP.
    (ii)You aren't innocent victims if you go to a PvP zone looking for PvE. (iii)It's exactly the same as someone grinding in a Quest area and getting upset that all this "Questing" is ruining his/her Grind. (iv)You signed up for it the second you stepped foot in, and you signed up for this part of the game the second you bought the game. It exists, it wasn't hidden, it's up front and well advertised.
    Assuming every PvPer is a predatory scumbag on the hunt for newbies and "PvEers" is just narrow-minded and Immature of you, pure and simple.

You have trouble with PvP? Go to a campaign with lower numbers. Less likely to have someone run across you.
    I did the entire IC story line on one of my Characters without ever running across another player, myself. I've also seen a fair amount of players ignore people who don't try to PvP.

You can't make demands while casually insulting half of the fanbase. That just isn't the way to do it.
    Playing a competitive game mode is fun to some people. A fairly small percentage of them will be jerkwaggons - But I've seen the same numbers of scum-dwellers in PvE. Trial Groups and Guilds, Dungeon PUGs, Area-Lock Grinders, Resource Node Farmers, Thief Grinders, and general Zone Chat Heroes all have a fairly large section of them that act like complete wankers.
    I've seen some nasty stuff in Zone in Cyrod - And I've seen the same level of Sick in Auridon.

Most players are fairly calm, somewhat reasonable, and just trying to have fun playing the part of the game they chose to play. Your hardline stance against PvP was overly Aggressive and hostile from the start, throwing disdain around like it's a fire-sale.

I don't care what your self-claimed reputation is. You throw shade like that you don't deserve the right to have your ideas considered until you form them in a way that doesn't call so many of your fellow gamers a series of petty names.

(i)Yeah, I pointed out how people who do PvP with non interested parties are wrong. They consider it insult, they can.

(ii) Yeah, I would be. As long as I didn't attack anyone, I am innocent. As for game mechanic which allows this, That's why this thread is here.

(iii) Nope, they aren't the same. I accept game mechanics, avoid going to areas game mechanic doesn't want me to. Here Human players are using a game mechanic to bully other players, Huge difference.

(iv) Show me, Where I signed up ? Or You wanna imply just by buying game I signed up for Bullying ? Sorry to say that, It would open up lot of legal problems for online gaming world. You don't need this with second amendment lovers looking for an escape goat.

(v) I went to an ended campaign, I am not in habit to hide because of bullies, SO expecting me to play at weird hours would be a demand no one should make.

There are too many ways to be rude player in the game (hopefully I use none of those ways, But then again you might think I m bragging). I might been harsh at beginning as I made that post immediately after facing the problem. But then again if people think in game bullying is OK, then some harsh words should also be ok.

• swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grown-ups accept the situations they've gotten themselves into. they don't have to like it.

choosing to enter a PvP zone and then claiming that you're a grown-up and everybody else there is childish and immature... it doesn't feel weird to you?
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    grown-ups accept the situations they've gotten themselves into. they don't have to like it.

choosing to enter a PvP zone and then claiming that you're a grown-up and everybody else there is childish and immature... it doesn't feel weird to you?

Determined people stand up against what's wrong, If some injustice is going on for years, it wouldn't make it justifiable. You can stick with harshness in first post or come forward and have a proper discussion.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat no. These are PvP / hybrid areas. U like the rest of the game which is PvE only.

There are plenty if ways to PvE in Cyrodiil and avoid conflict.

However your thread completely loses its way by insulting PvP and the camera that play there.

Childishness is calling people l names, and running around picking flowers feels more childish to me than combat, tactics and group play.

As for those 'Silly' scrolls you mention. They would be the namesake of the game THE elder scrolls. And PvP is the online part... E.S.O..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input, I think a mature discussion on this topic should be carried out. People who wholeheartedly welcome PvP against innocent players can't be taken as model for gaming community. Their equivalents in real world would be considered bullies and anti social elements. So when we talk against it, We are not asking for something wrong, We are asking developers to save us from Bullies. Which is not wrong to ask.

If such people try to come here and try to bully people, Don't worry. I have spend decade dealing with bullies online and even a million won't be suffice to take me.

I get don't PvP and PvE are essential components of game, But they should be to willing players (in an ideal world), I would humbly like to differ where bongtokin said making them non alliance war areas (optionally) would undermine achievements of previous players. As For one I would never like to inflict hardships I sustained at other people and secondly here players are getting bullied by other players, It's not a game mechanic (directly), Its human intelligence against new players who have no idea of new area, So New players would always lose until they decide to join a pack and become bullies themselves.

When some elite player can complain and expect to have a separate server as 'Overland game isn't hard enough for them' and consider this to be some kind of kindness they have shown to developers and non elite players, My expectations are far more reasonable and beneficial to wide range of players.

If PvP enthusiasts cry about turning PvE areas into PvP, Let them cry who would listen ?

Point is, Would these activities would be welcomed in real life ? Wouldn't it amount to in game Bullying ?

I gave most logical, moderate suggestion without ruining game of even PvP enthusiasts, Players can enter under no alliance and can't influence alliance war in any ways, Just do exploring and quests (Ones which don't affect ongoing alliance war). In which world this would sound unfair ? Present set-up is like You Must Fight, It's like everyone must fight. How do you think every big real world wars started ? How atrocities on innocents happened ? It all happened with this narrow mindset, where people belonging to other race/religion/ethnicity/country is naturally considered enemy.

Gaming communities shouldn't need to be like that, There must be pacifist way of dealing with the problem without ruining game of either faction. I don't say PvP should stop all their activities, I say they should do it with people who wanna do it. Where am I wrong or unjust in that ?

ESO is a videogame and has nothing to do with real life.
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Determined people stand up against what's wrong, If some injustice is going on for years, it wouldn't make it justifiable. You can stick with harshness in first post or come forward and have a proper discussion.

But you don't tell whats right or wrong.
    So you like to compare things from game with real life.
    Do you go in a country club because you like the cool drinks but hate the country-music and tell the innkeeper to turn off the childish music?
    Edited by TarrNokk on March 20, 2018 11:47AM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

didn't you give up on proper discussion with your own first post when you started calling responsible people "childish" for liking something you don't like?

i'm not sure if you're serious.

let's go with your second idea; the proper discussion one, since you don't seem to be enjoying your name-calling game anymore:

Injustice. do you really believe that it's unfair that people PvP in designated PvP zones? that's something you seem unwilling to answer. feel free to "come forward" on that.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spent 3 days doing quest in pvp never ran into anyone
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just quickly, what do pvpers gain by hitting meat bags with no intention of fighting back? And why would it bother a pvper if there are pve only versions of imp city?

For the life of me I can't see why catering for both sides is worse than catering for only one....
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

Don't be so sure, it plays important role is ones psyche.
    Don't expect long replies I am mobile for next few hours. Don't get stuck on first harsh post which came immediately after torment. There is much larger issue at hand and it can't be neutralized by saying victim used some harsh words.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Just quickly, what do pvpers gain by hitting meat bags with no intention of fighting back?

Alliance points. Tel var stones. Slayer achievements.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't expect long replies I am mobile for next few hours. Don't get stuck on first harsh post which came immediately after torment. There is much larger issue at hand and it can't be neutralized by saying victim used some harsh words.

If you want to use real life for comparison then ur entire argument goes out the window.
    If you go to a war zone for vacation u are going to have a very bad time and you can cry all you want "but i didnt attack you, im an innocent you imbecile".
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:47PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is a mixed PVE/PVP zone. The reward of the extra Tel Var currency and the stuff you can buy with it is only because od the extra risk of PVP.

Here's my suggestion for Imperial City Story mode (separate from doing the quest with PVP enabled). You are set to PVE-only, cannot be attacked and cannot attack players in turn. You gain no Tel Var, cannot get achievements other than the main quest ones, cannot open chests, and reward limited quest rewards compared to those who did it with PVP enabled.

Basically, if you aren't willing to assume the risk of playing the Imperial City as designed, you get very little reward, but aren't locked out of the quest content.

Or, you could do what I did and complete the main quest on a dead empty campaign. I don't think I saw a single player.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the first harsh post is what kinda killed it.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at "childish pvp" I know alot of adults who enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform and server are you on? There are a lot of people who like to pvp, and we aren't all immature. Most of the time, when you're playing in PvP areas, naturally you attack anyone you see from another faction. There have been a few rare occasions where I've ran into others and we didnt battle. That's usually down in the sewers though.

Usually you can find at least a small group of people to run with. If you're on PC/NA shoot me a message in game. I still have quite a few quests to do in Imperial City.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I am sure this is going to sound insane to some people, But as there is clear conflict of interest for me I am going to say it anyways.

Can there be an option for players to enter these areas under no alliance's banner, which should mean they can't hurt other players, other players can't hurt them. There are lot of quests and exploration to be done in those area and not everyone entering there want to have PvP silliness. I would have understand it's PvP area if there were no exploration/quests/exclusive loots, So people like myself who has zero interest in PvP would have to enter there and any imbecile would come with his group and take me down. I have no interest in taking over aresa or stealing their silly scrolls, I just wanna complete some quests, get skyshards, get exclusive loot (like rune stone) and be done with it. Why I have to part of silly PvP of immature gamer ?

I chose an alliance because I had to chose one in order to create a player, I didn't sign up for childish PvP. So IMO there should be an option to enter these area under no banner, where one can enter under white flag just for classic old school RPG questing/exploration/rewards. If developers wanted those areas exclusively for PvP activities then they shouldn't have made exclusive loot there.

I wanna hunt down some daedra in imperial city instead I am being ganged up by bunch of players hidden in shadows waiting for some innocent little explorer to come so they can torment him/her. Game should encourage PvP don't enforce it, Some gamers are grown ups who just wanna play their game instead of ruining other's game.

Just use invisible potions, works for me :)
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Just quickly, what do pvpers gain by hitting meat bags with no intention of fighting back?

Surely that's cheesy though, I thought pvpers were the best and would want to gain stuff through skill.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Surely that's cheesy though, I thought pvpers were the best and would want to gain stuff through skill.

Do you think it's "cheesy" to get XP or gold from a single AOE that wipes out overland PVE mobs in under a second? No, of course you don't. In fact, you probably prefer it, because it makes it easier for you to get the things you need/want. I look at anyone in PVP as a potential resource. I don't really care if there's a challenge involved (though it's certainly more fun that way).

Giving people a special "you can't kill me" flag so as not to hurt their feelings simply deprives PVPers of a potential source of currency. If you want to go to Cyrodiil to get vigor/caltrops/warhorn/quest achievements/etc., just accept that there's a chance you may die or get ganked. You're not special just because you don't like PVP, so you certainly don't deserve special treatment in PVP zones.