The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.1

• Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    And can we finally get a word from the devs if the current off-balance behavior is intended(refreshing off-balance with woe so immunity does not get applied after the normal 5sec off-balance) . As long as we don't know it testing something is pointless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This has actually some major impacts on the playstile and gearing decisions of tanks and DDs that rely heavily on heavy attacks.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really should've just nerfed Eye of the Storm. Elemental Rage was fine the way it was.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    soul harvest is dodgable... So now there is no interesting choice between Soul Harvest and Incap... Thanks. Now it's time to make birds dodgable

This was a bug. It was never supposed to be undodgeable.
    Edited by Koolio on January 15, 2018 6:18PM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the addition of the outfit system, more players will be searching and buying and selling motiffs. Please, either include a search bar available by default on guild traders (crucial on consoles where mods cannot compensate), AND/OR add a new drop down under motiff that allows us to search for individual motiff styles at the very least.

Should be a very simple quality of life change that would make the trader experience much easier for crafters and roleplayers alike.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

Please fix Maelstrom Dual Wield!
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Still can't hide helmet.

Was the Tiara from the mid year mayhem event removed? I had it on one of my characters and now it's showing the ugly helmet I'm forced to wear since hide helmet isn't working.

@DjMuscleboy02 In these notes they mentioned moving it from hats to facial accessory (or something like that). So I imagine that made it unequip...

I also think it makes more sense under hats but *shrug*

Not sure how I missed that, thanks.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, add a title or a pet for the new achievement asking to do the speed/Hm/nodeath at the same time in both dungeon.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    So what about templar radiant destruction/sweeps fix? In previous pts it was broken even more.

That fix should be in the next PTS patch.

And about toppling charge?
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo, thank you for working on the gamepad ready check problem! I'll have to test it out.

I'm also happy to see the fountain change, working water features have been sorely lacking. :)
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • tamrielwinner
    tamrielwinner
    ✭✭✭
    the destro ult nerf is unwarranted
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    When EU characters will be copied to PTS?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!
    And can we finally get a word from the devs if the current off-balance behavior is intended(refreshing off-balance with woe so immunity does not get applied after the normal 5sec off-balance) . As long as we don't know it testing something is pointless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    That's a bug that we're working on fixing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Elemental Storm: Reduced the radius of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 10 meters."

I don't understand, stam is already beating Magicka across the board in trash. Why not just reduce eye of the storm and leave rage alone?
    The radius change is probably because the last PTS patch removed aoe caps, and this is a pretty devastating ult. I expect we'll see more radius tweaking next week.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Elemental Storm: Reduced the radius of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 10 meters."

I don't understand, stam is already beating Magicka across the board in trash. Why not just reduce eye of the storm and leave rage alone?
    The radius change is probably because the last PTS patch removed aoe caps, and this is a pretty devastating ult. I expect we'll see more radius tweaking next week.

This is my exact train of thought as well. I'm fine with the change. Bomb builds are built to punish enemies who ball up anyway.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 15, 2018 6:44PM
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this patch so far, If there are some combat changes coming in the upcoming pts patches, might I suggest looking at the shatter soul ability (the other morph of soul assault)? it is currently not performing the way the tooltip says it should. I have a detailed post in reference to what I mean: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379011/shatter-soul-ability-is-not-working-as-intended#latest @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elemental Storm and Off-Balance nerf is unnecessary and directly affecting PVE
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 15, 2018 8:19PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to have to hit Earthgore way harder than that to get people to stop stacking 8 of them in raids

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because Rage is so good, every class uses it (except DKs ... sometimes).

In general though, I'd say magicka players can take a que from stamina players. When stam was bad, they flooded these forums with threads, parses, suggestions, and all sorts of other ways to communicate to ZoS the problems they had (namely meh DPS and suriviability). It took ZoS a while, but they did eventually made some reforms.

What similar posts have been made detailing issues that magicka has in end game raids?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I would eat my pants if someday in the patch notes i would read this:

"Introducing some major Fixes and Improvement to Cyrodiil reducing the Latency Issues in prime time significantly while also increasing the Player Limit to 350 per Alliance."

Man this would be a mark in ESO history. Everybody would cry for happyness and soooo many players would come back and bring new players.

@Zeni: Don´t let me dream, make it happen :)

Its really sad how Cyro performance has fallen. On launch it was 600 players per alliance, torchbugs and other animals were still alive and it worked like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bBvOKxnVE

Now, barely 100 players per side, most animals killed off and its still insane lagfest ;/

Make Cyrodill great again!

Seeing 600 people per alliance would be a major overkill now, in my opinion, with all those weapon ultimates and coldharbour balistas.

The game is so much bigger than then and ZOS probably used and allocated servers that were reserved for Cyrodiil to be used for overland/pve content. I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised that the main cause for a lag is lack of (expensive) server power.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for fixing that keeps can be claimed permanently. This annoyed me to no end as someone who always tries to claim keeps for guilds.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of making it so, that players can only suffer 1 instance of damage from elemental storm per second, you keep on making this Ult more and more useless for solo players.

Please stop balancing the game around pvp zergs ! This can't continue.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruction Staff

Elemental Storm: Reduced the radius of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 10 meters.

Why on earth would you nerf both morphs??? Only eye of the storm was problematic... Why nerf the PVE morph?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I would eat my pants if someday in the patch notes i would read this:

"Introducing some major Fixes and Improvement to Cyrodiil reducing the Latency Issues in prime time significantly while also increasing the Player Limit to 350 per Alliance."

Man this would be a mark in ESO history. Everybody would cry for happyness and soooo many players would come back and bring new players.

@Zeni: Don´t let me dream, make it happen :)

Its really sad how Cyro performance has fallen. On launch it was 600 players per alliance, torchbugs and other animals were still alive and it worked like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bBvOKxnVE

Now, barely 100 players per side, most animals killed off and its still insane lagfest ;/

Make Cyrodill great again!

Will never happen. It wasn't just Cyrodiil that was smoother back then, the whole game was, because much more calculations were done client-side. Obviously this wasn't secure and lead to all kinds of exploits, which were fixed a few months after release by moving that stuff server-side, around the time of the infamous "lighting patch". Game's never been the same since.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

If it's a bug that is to be fixed, then you really need to reconsider your offbalance changes, especially ridiculously long cooldown. Otherwise playing magDK in PvE will be a pain cause its sustain is the worst of all.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of hoping you would fix the bug where you cannot dye a weapon unless it's in an outfit, because that means you have to pay gold every time you want to dye a weapon, and you have to include it into an outfit. Seems like kind of an oversight to be honest.

Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about:
    en2qkmmq7li3.png
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

If it's a bug that is to be fixed, then you really need to reconsider your offbalance changes, especially ridiculously long cooldown. Otherwise playing magDK in PvE will be a pain cause its sustain is the worst of all.

As it stands rn, I’m pretty sure Mag DK (finally) is viable again in a raid. Also a Mag Sorc will be needed to maintain Offbalance.

If the bug is fixed Mag DK is again dead, taking with them Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Wardens (which were already horrible). All you’ll see is Stam DPS and Mag NBs. Maybe Magplar too but idk how they’re doing on PTS - can’t speak for them.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the destro ult nerf is unwarranted

There's never been nerfs more warranted than ones applied to Destro Ult lol.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedricus wrote: »
    Can we expect any news on a more detailed combat balance update?
    8zt7qw08s3l4.jpg
    The Elder Scrolls Online v3.3.1 mainly includes some fixes for combat abilities, the Outfit System, homes and furnishings, and Cyrodiil. You can expect to see combat balance changes in next week’s PTS incremental patch as we’re still going through PTS feedback. The size of this incremental is approximately 168MB.

There ya go.
    Edited by itsfatbass on January 15, 2018 8:15PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ele Rage nerf is NOT neccessary, please revert this.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

As it stands rn, I’m pretty sure Mag DK (finally) is viable again in a raid. Also a Mag Sorc will be needed to maintain Offbalance.

If the bug is fixed Mag DK is again dead, taking with them Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Wardens (which were already horrible). All you’ll see is Stam DPS and Mag NBs. Maybe Magplar too but idk how they’re doing on PTS - can’t speak for them.

Magplars need a 10k Dps increase (or even more....but I guess 50k in raids is doable on live in a perfect attempt) to get on par with unbugged stamtemplar (without supporting the group with PotL, war machine and maybe Sunderflame/nmg) on the live-server....to match StamDKs and Stamsorcs....even more.
    Maybe someone can provide parses from pts...but I highly doubt they can compete with stamDKs. They would need to maintain a OneTamriel-like rotation to get there which is impossible with current sustain.
    Noobplar
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    oqnwnsft781u.jpg0507/uploads/editor/od/khd897t7gpyk.png[/img]
    Furnishings
    • The Imperial Fountain of the Bay can now be activated, and will have small streams of water pouring from its spouts while active.

Yes, finally! I won’t regret purchasing that fountain anymore!

Edited by elven.were_wolf on January 15, 2018 8:34PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.