The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.1

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I would eat my pants if someday in the patch notes i would read this:

"Introducing some major Fixes and Improvement to Cyrodiil reducing the Latency Issues in prime time significantly while also increasing the Player Limit to 350 per Alliance."

Man this would be a mark in ESO history. Everybody would cry for happyness and soooo many players would come back and bring new players.

@Zeni: Don´t let me dream, make it happen :)

Its really sad how Cyro performance has fallen. On launch it was 600 players per alliance, torchbugs and other animals were still alive and it worked like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bBvOKxnVE

Now, barely 100 players per side, most animals killed off and its still insane lagfest ;/

Make Cyrodill great again!

Seeing 600 people per alliance would be a major overkill now, in my opinion, with all those weapon ultimates and coldharbour balistas.

The game is so much bigger than then and ZOS probably used and allocated servers that were reserved for Cyrodiil to be used for overland/pve content. I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised that the main cause for a lag is lack of (expensive) server power.

Or a game server architecture that doesn't allow simple adding server power. They often said, if they can simple add horse power, they will do it.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    When EU characters will be copied to PTS?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    And can we finally get a word from the devs if the current off-balance behavior is intended(refreshing off-balance with woe so immunity does not get applied after the normal 5sec off-balance) . As long as we don't know it testing something is pointless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    That's a bug that we're working on fixing.

If it's a bug that is to be fixed, then you really need to reconsider your offbalance changes, especially ridiculously long cooldown. Otherwise playing magDK in PvE will be a pain cause its sustain is the worst of all.

As it stands rn, I’m pretty sure Mag DK (finally) is viable again in a raid. Also a Mag Sorc will be needed to maintain Offbalance.

If the bug is fixed Mag DK is again dead, taking with them Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Wardens (which were already horrible). All you’ll see is Stam DPS and Mag NBs. Maybe Magplar too but idk how they’re doing on PTS - can’t speak for them.

Magplars need a 10k Dps increase (or even more....but I guess 50k in raids is doable on live in a perfect attempt) to get on par with unbugged stamtemplar (without supporting the group with PotL, war machine and maybe Sunderflame/nmg) on the live-server....to match StamDKs and Stamsorcs....even more.
    Maybe someone can provide parses from pts...but I highly doubt they can compete with stamDKs. They would need to maintain a OneTamriel-like rotation to get there which is impossible with current sustain.

@Destruent If sweeps and Beam is fixed I think the old Moondancer (with swords) can make make a comeback again. Then I see it possible to push over the 40k mark on magplar again, would make them "somewhat" viable, but as you say, not close to stamina DD´s atm.
  • JohnStorm
    JohnStorm
    ✭✭✭
    With the changes to off-balance on boss enemies and the increase of synergy cooldowns, I sincerely hope that we get some other sustain boosts. If the changes until now are going to go live, magicka classes apart from nightblade will get a huge hit.

Nightblades have a cheap, ranged class spammable that has utility built into it. Sorcerers, templars and dragonknights don't, so they are forced to use Force Shock as their spammable in order to stay ranged. As it is now on live, that skill is way too expensive, so in longer fights you have to do heavy attacks and use synergies to sustain using it (this is with regen food being used). Once off balance gets a cooldown, it will end up unreliable and the sustain boost along with it. With the synergy changes sustain will go down as well.

To fix this, I propose several solutions:
    1. Revert the changes to synergy cooldowns
    2. Reduce the base cost of Force Shock
    3. Bring back the regen and cost reduction armor passives from Homestead
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    How about shadow image, is that being fixed for update 17? How about cloak? How about draining shot?

Thanks.

The shade is working as intended on live now, it was recently fixed. Now you can go out of it's range, cast it (fail to teleport), after that return to it's range, cast teleport and it will successfully port you back to it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    How about shadow image, is that being fixed for update 17? How about cloak? How about draining shot?

Thanks.

The shade is working as intended on live now, it was recently fixed. Now you can go out of it's range, cast it (fail to teleport), after that return to it's range, cast teleport and it will successfully port you back to it.

It is not fixed. You don’t teleport at all more times than you do staying in range the entire time.

Did you just copy the patch note from last time they tried to fix it? That just fixed locking you out of combat if you tried use it out of range but broke it completely within range.

I’d rather have the last bug they had. At least could use it if I payed attention to never hit the button out of range
    Edited by technohic on January 16, 2018 11:45AM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now costumes we find in game no longer hide vampirism? Is this intended or a bug?
    NA/PC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Dedricus wrote: »
    Can we expect any news on a more detailed combat balance update?

Yes. We're planning to have Wrobel on our next ESO Live show, and (if all goes according to plan) would like to post the January Combat Update in tandem with that.

Wait, isn't the next ESO Live not until the beginning of Feb?

How long will that leave for players to test combat changes on the PTS then?
    The next show is this Friday, and you'll see some additional balance changes next Monday.
    johnnified wrote: »
    Where is the fix to Puncturing Sweeps for the Templar?
    It's coming, likely in the next patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hey there everyone! We have recently removed a handful of bashing and unnecessary comments. We want your feedback, but we ask that you provide it to us in a constructive and civil manner. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. We're planning to have Wrobel on our next ESO Live show, and (if all goes according to plan) would like to post the January Combat Update in tandem with that.

Great! Looking forward to see what buffs you have for Stamplars in regards to making us viable in PvP for solo and 1vX!

Taking a trip to dueling sites of EU these last couple of weeks has been a very sad sight:
    I would usually see 1-2 Templars (not including myself) - most of which were specced for magicka obviously, a good deal of NBs, DKs and Sorcs of both specs and a ton of Wardens. People have been laughing at me when I try to duel on my Stamplar, and I think I might have seen 1-2 others of the regular PvP community on EU play Stamplar. The rest either rerolled long ago or avoided the class/spec coming into the game knowing it would not be favorable.

I get roflstomped at the moment by Stamwardens and Stamblades with 300 CP - and when I talk to them they started playing some months ago. I am running on almost four years now of staying true to my main - driven more by what I have already achieved and the lack of time to develop a new character than actually having fun on it.

The buffs have been a long time coming for us Stamplars!

Som extra sustain and better magicka utility would be most welcome; but then again Wrobel already know what's wrong with the spec since he asked some of us prominent Stamplar players in the community to give him some feedback. That was over a year ago now - too bad he never got back to us and none of it saw the light of day but I am sure he kept the memo around and will get around to it eventually. :)
    Edited by Zinaroth on January 16, 2018 4:43PM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #buff medium armor + buff ww(a oh Crap skill like cloak would be nice) remove stealth damage bosmer passive and give us something useful plz for the non permacloakers plz @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Ultiscrub Gaming
    #buff medium armor + buff ww(a oh Crap skill like cloak would be nice) remove stealth damage bosmer passive and give us something useful plz for the non permacloakers plz @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

Are your stupid, woodelf is the best ganking class right now, you just don’t like stealth game play do you.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respectfully requesting all magblades to join the riot to revert soul harvest so it is un dodgeable.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Respectfully requesting all magblades to join the riot to revert soul harvest so it is un dodgeable.

What do we do? Wait for Wrobel to show up on ESO Live and gank him?
  • seanj87
    seanj87

I barely use it. I prefer soul tether.
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna miss the keep claims:

"Come sit on Grampas lap" on Rayles
    and:
    "BoD Morale boost within" on Kingscrest
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh so why has incap been dodgeable this whole time?
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't reduce the size of the stationary destro ult, and if you're dead set on giving off balance a cool down 15-20 seconds is way too long for a buff that only lasts a few seconds.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I didn't even know Soul Harvest was undodgeable. It never occurred to me that it would be.

We have had people complaining about Warden birds SINCE BEFORE MORROWIND, and DKs had to endure YEARS of their AoE ult Dragon Leap being dodgeable, but magblades are actually going to come out in favor of a bug like this one?

W
    O
    W
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    When EU characters will be copied to PTS?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Next week!
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    And can we finally get a word from the devs if the current off-balance behavior is intended(refreshing off-balance with woe so immunity does not get applied after the normal 5sec off-balance) . As long as we don't know it testing something is pointless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    That's a bug that we're working on fixing.

If it's a bug that is to be fixed, then you really need to reconsider your offbalance changes, especially ridiculously long cooldown. Otherwise playing magDK in PvE will be a pain cause its sustain is the worst of all.

As it stands rn, I’m pretty sure Mag DK (finally) is viable again in a raid. Also a Mag Sorc will be needed to maintain Offbalance.

If the bug is fixed Mag DK is again dead, taking with them Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Wardens (which were already horrible). All you’ll see is Stam DPS and Mag NBs. Maybe Magplar too but idk how they’re doing on PTS - can’t speak for them.

Magplars need a 10k Dps increase (or even more....but I guess 50k in raids is doable on live in a perfect attempt) to get on par with unbugged stamtemplar (without supporting the group with PotL, war machine and maybe Sunderflame/nmg) on the live-server....to match StamDKs and Stamsorcs....even more.
    Maybe someone can provide parses from pts...but I highly doubt they can compete with stamDKs. They would need to maintain a OneTamriel-like rotation to get there which is impossible with current sustain.

@Destruent If sweeps and Beam is fixed I think the old Moondancer (with swords) can make make a comeback again. Then I see it possible to push over the 40k mark on magplar again, would make them "somewhat" viable, but as you say, not close to stamina DD´s atm.

I think they can compete with other Mag-DDs on PTS and will be good compared to them when it goes live, but the gap to stam-DDs is so big, this won't be closed this PTS i guess. And as long as this is ot closed, i can't call magplars viable. Sorc has more offbalance uptime and MagNBs better offhealing. No reason to use anything else as ranged-DPS.
    Noobplar
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion System
    Fixed an issue where Champion abilities that reduce the cost of core mechanics (Block, Sprint, etc.) were still working in non-Champion enabled PvP campaigns.

That kinda explains why so many stam bois calls non CP "balanced" .

I am speechless...
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Was the purple ring drop issue in VMA ever fixed?

Since the 1 tamriel patch I believe it was, purple rings from sets such as winterborn,parabellem, and hunt leader have not dropped in vet maelstrom arena.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Champion System
    Fixed an issue where Champion abilities that reduce the cost of core mechanics (Block, Sprint, etc.) were still working in non-Champion enabled PvP campaigns.

I am speechless...

So roll-dodge, block, break-free, and sprint cost reductions don't benefit mag builds as well?

Then why do the magbois complain about not having enough stam all the time?

"30s to eval"
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait what's with the nerf to the destro ult and ALL of its morphs?!?!?!? C'mon man what we even doin out here man
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Champion System

I am speechless...

So roll-dodge, block, break-free, and sprint cost reductions don't benefit mag builds as well?

Then why do the magbois complain about not having enough stam all the time?

You're trolling right ?

You want to tell me that You dont see the difference between stamina builds that basicly lowers their main defenses like block or dodge by 20% compared to most of mag builds who are using this types of defense occasionally and not even investing that much of CP's into this like stam builds are ?

Edited by Juhasow on January 16, 2018 8:25PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ipomoea wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Since the 1 tamriel patch I believe it was, purple rings from sets such as winterborn,parabellem, and hunt leader have not dropped in vet maelstrom arena.

I was wondering this myself. Are winterborn rings supposed to exist or no?
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we do something about MagDK if these off balance changes go live? If they go live, this class will be more dead than it already is in PVE.

Sustain is already bad on this class and it will not be able to sustain with 26% off balance uptime. We cannot sustain spamming Molten Whip and Force Pulse. Our skills are too expensive. We have to use Flame Lash>Power Lash which relies on off balance. Heavy attacking to regain magicka is a DPS loss.

Lower the cost of Molten Whip so we can use that as a spammable instead of Flame Lash. It will help with DPS too since
    Lower the cost of Eruption and up its damage. Eruption takes 10% of my magicka each rotation and yes it's a long duration skill but still doesn't do enough damage to justify that cost.

Revert the Battle Roar nerfs. We relied on that a lot for sustain.

I guess off balance is bugged on PTS but find a way to not let Power Lash overperform in PVP.

Just getting tired of my favorite class getting indirectly nerfed each patch.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ipomoea wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I was wondering this myself. Are winterborn rings supposed to exist or no?

They are indeed supposed to exist. I have a few necklaces of these sets, and they used to drop before the 1 tamriel patch. After, only necklaces drop in the later rounds.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8zt7qw08s3l4.jpg
    The Elder Scrolls Online v3.3.1 mainly includes some fixes for combat abilities, the Outfit System, homes and furnishings, and Cyrodiil. You can expect to see combat balance changes in next week’s PTS incremental patch as we’re still going through PTS feedback. The size of this incremental is approximately 168MB.

what the heck gina - ya'll didn't get mlk jr. off???
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afonik wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    I repeat myself! There should not be telvar thievery mechanics in the game when there is such an imbalanced combat system.

Don’t like PvP?

You can still purchase housing storage with writ vouchers or crowns ...

I like PvP,
    I don't like someone collecting 3k+ telvar stones from me just for clicking 2 skills on his gang build.
    While on the other hand if his gang attempt fails and he dies he loses 50ish tel-vars at most.

Thievery should be a risky business - it is rewording until caught but you should loose much more when being caught.
    Well the second part of thievery's consequences is missing in ESO!

We should only be able to stole 1.5xtel vars we are carrying.
    To get 3k we would have to carry at least 2k stones.
    I think it would be a valid and a better distribution of risk. To get a big prize one should be prepare to also lose big

i like that!!!

:)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭

...you just don’t like stealth game play do you.

I love stealth on regular TES games but on PvE, at least, in ESO I wish it didn't unstealth you for dealing or receiving damage. What the point of the detection "eye" if you are automatically unstealthed against a mob you killed with one shot?

That said I still like playing stealth in ESO, just not as much as I do in Oblivion, Skyrim, or even Daggerfall.
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride